What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (6 Viewers)

Also, I read somewhere that keeping in the freezer isn't a great idea. Even dried/cured buds have some moisture in them, and freezing it causes the cells to rupture, which does something not good to the chemicals...or something.
If anyone knows about this let me know.
Fridge is ok a cool dry place is better. With the freezer you freeze the trichomes which are the resin glands. They will break off every time you handle the marijuana. You should keep pot away from light, heat, air and try to handle it as little as possible. Best storage is one of those old time mason jars with the brown glass. If you are going to store in a plastic bag put the pot in a brown paper bag first. Keeps the light out and keeps static from the plastic bag from removing the trichomes.

sdp1226 said:
Proceed with caution when eating pot (brownies, cookies, etc...) You will not feel the effects as quickly as you would when you smoke or vape. It normally takes some time. Also, the high is different, stronger if you're not used to it.

I have made the common mistake of eating a brownie, thinking the high was mild or wasn't working, then eating more 10 minutes later. 20 minutes after that, everything was felt to the full effect.
When I learned my lesson on edibles I couldn't talk for 30 minutes. Buddy and I just watching TV. It was awesome but way too much paranoia.

sdp1226 said:
Proceed with caution when eating pot (brownies, cookies, etc...) You will not feel the effects as quickly as you would when you smoke or vape. It normally takes some time. Also, the high is different, stronger if you're not used to it.

I have made the common mistake of eating a brownie, thinking the high was mild or wasn't working, then eating more 10 minutes later. 20 minutes after that, everything was felt to the full effect.
When I learned my lesson on edibles I couldn't talk for 30 minutes. Buddy and I just watching TV. It was awesome but way too much paranoia.
Yeah edibles always made me too paranoid to enjoy myself. I never liked the buzz from them.

Used to be a heavy daily smoker. I dont live in a legal state but if I did I would be going to the dispensary.

fatguyinalittlecoat said:
Wingnut said:
Also, I read somewhere that keeping in the freezer isn't a great idea. Even dried/cured buds have some moisture in them, and freezing it causes the cells to rupture, which does something not good to the chemicals...or something.
Vacuum Packing pot works very well. You can store it in a cool dark place, and it will stay fresh for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
fatguyinalittlecoat said:
Wingnut said:
Vacuum Packing pot works very well. You can store it in a cool dark place, and it will stay fresh for a long time.
I knew there was a reason I like you.

what's the best strain that causes the least paranoia?

i rarely smoke now but would like to have an occasional toke, just without the paranoia feeling.

i rarely smoke now but would like to have an occasional toke, just without the paranoia feeling.
If it was totally legal would there even be any paranoia feeling?
I find the paranoia side effects to be significantly decreased in a fully legal environment. I think paranoia is more of a byproduct of marijuana prohibition, rather than the plant itself.

I find the paranoia side effects to be significantly decreased in a fully legal environment. I think paranoia is more of a byproduct of marijuana prohibition, rather than the plant itself.
Interesting. I never worried about the cops or getting caught when I was high. I just knew that I was waaaay too ####ed up, and the paranoia would take over.

Interesting. I never worried about the cops or getting caught when I was high. I just knew that I was waaaay too ####ed up, and the paranoia would take over.
same, i have never worried about the legality of it, but when i do it now i get a paranoid feeling at times as i have no clue what strain i'm doing.

legality would make it more transparent and i could get something more suited to my liking instead of just blindly doing whatever i can get which is hit and miss.

same, i have never worried about the legality of it, but when i do it now i get a paranoid feeling at times as i have no clue what strain i'm doing.

legality would make it more transparent and i could get something more suited to my liking instead of just blindly doing whatever i can get which is hit and miss.
That's the win for it being legal. You can buy the high you want.

Is this the footbowlguys thread?
Set us up the strain draft.1.01 WHITE RHINO
1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights

Is it wrong that I'm 45 and just starting at this? I mean, I smoked a few times when I was younger, but am looking at it from a medicinal/relaxation/alcohol substitute now. :oldunsure:
Less than ideal, since you ran the risk of productivity through your peak stoning years, but better late than never.

Good thread. I used to be a daily smoker until I had a kid. Now I only partake on special occasions or when my wife takes the kid out of town. As far as edibles go, I've always taken the position that they are more for events. Concerts, camping trips, lazy vacations in friendly city environments. If you're headed to catch the latest marvel movie, a one hitter does the trick a lot better than trying to properly dose and time a brownie. Eating takes a patient approach. The craze around edibles in Colorado has been the one major misstep in legalization IMHO.

Man, this thread is like the FFA equivalent of the SP Josh Gordon thread. Every time I see it bumped, I hope to see that this has been legalized nationwide, just like I hope to finally see a decision posted in the JG12 thread. One can hope!

Man, this thread is like the FFA equivalent of the SP Josh Gordon thread. Every time I see it bumped, I hope to see that this has been legalized nationwide, just like I hope to finally see a decision posted in the JG12 thread. One can hope!
Way more mellow in here though :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Noob question.....44 years old, never tried weed, but would like to (next stop in Denver?). What could a clean living boy like me be able to equate being high to? A couple drinks of alcohol? Coming out of general anesthesia? Hopped up on pain killers?

My ultimate goal would be to try a hallucinogenic like shrooms, but I don't have any drug dealing friends.

Noob question.....44 years old, never tried weed, but would like to (next stop in Denver?). What could a clean living boy like me be able to equate being high to? A couple drinks of alcohol? Coming out of general anesthesia? Hopped up on pain killers?

My ultimate goal would be to try a hallucinogenic like shrooms, but I don't have any drug dealing friends.
Easy on the hallucinogens. Weed is nothing like alcohol, or pills. Hard to explain. Usually just a mellow sense of Euphoria. Everything seems right, and I tend to be introspective. All depends on what you are smoking. I've smoked Thai stick, and been out of my mind. So many strains.

1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights

Is it wrong that I'm 45 and just starting at this? I mean, I smoked a few times when I was younger, but am looking at it from a medicinal/relaxation/alcohol substitute point of view now. :oldunsure:
NL is kind of low grade these days. Its best quality is that it doesn't smell a lot so you can grow it without anyone entering your house knowing about it the second they walk in the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's relaxation....time may pass slower, or you just lose track....#### it

1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights

Is it wrong that I'm 45 and just starting at this? I mean, I smoked a few times when I was younger, but am looking at it from a medicinal/relaxation/alcohol substitute point of view now. :oldunsure:
1.07 Grandma's Back In Town

1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights

NL is kind of low grade these days. Its best quality is that it doesn't smell a lot so you can grow it without anyone entering your house knowing about it the second they walk in the door.
Yeah, I'm just about done burning through an OZ of Northern Lights. Wasn't bad, I prefer weed with a lemon pledge smell to it.

Right now, I've got some bubblegum kush or some ####. I really liked blueberry kush.

The best weed I've ever smoked is Jack's Cleaner. I'll take it at 1.07.

1.07 - Jack's Cleaner

Surprised to see Blue Dream still on the board.

1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights
1.07 - Jack's Cleaner
1.08 - Rainbow Diesel Funkadelic Cheddar Harmony

1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights
1.07 - Jack's Cleaner
1.09. Bruce Banner

I think there's potential for a full blown weed draft. Draft your ultimate smoke session. Roster spots:

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Buddy 1 (living)- [snoop, obama, etc..]

Buddy 2 (dead)- [hendrix, lincoln, etc..]

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

just spit ballin' ideas here..

I think there's potential for a full blown weed draft. Draft your ultimate smoke session. Roster spots:

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

Pretty sure a full blown poll would get shut down based on past history.

Is there a ####in' manual I can read or something?
You can learn to do about anything from youtube.
I despise youtube. Any other way?
What exactly are you trying to learn? I'm sure somebody here can help you.
everything.1) difference in plants/strains - loved reading that email, but understood little of it

2) difference in methods and how to use

3) how to keep it fresher

4) how to pack a bowl better
1) Doesn't matter in the least. People will tell you that a sativa will give you a different high than an indica but they are marginal differences at best. I think they are now providing the THC % content and that is probably the only useful info you need (like ABV with alcohol). They will try to tell you about flavors, nuances and "notes" and that is complete and utter B.S. It's weed, you smoke it, it's not fine wine...and I consider those things to be complete and utter B.S. for wine too.

2) Smoke or eat. I prefer pretty much all smoking methods to eating methods. Edibles take longer to kick in leading people to think it's not working so they eat more too soon and end up getting way too high and having a bad experience.

3) Smoke more, faster.

4) Put weed in bowl and tamp it down a bit. Doesn't matter if you take a nice small bud that fits perfectly or grind some up and pack it although you will probably get more hits off the former because the latter tends to turn to ash a bit quicker and get sucked in the chamber easier. If you are rolling jays then you need to grind first.
I couldn't disagree more. There is a vast difference in the highs and effects of a heavy indica strain and a heavy sativa strain. I think that it is amazing the breadth of different effects that you can get from marijuana, depending on the lineage of the strain.
Yeah there are definitely differences in strains. And they are more than minimal. Some make you lazy, some energize you, etc.
See? I told you that people would try to tell you that KP.

Don't stress over those things in the least.
Not stressed (although I do think a trip to the dispensary will be a tad overwhelming).

Yes, there is a difference in wine. I don't worry about ratings, etc.. but even within the same price range some cabs I like, some I don't. Also, I get a different buzz from wine than I do beer or whiskey. I just assumed something similar with the reefer. Mostly brought it up because even within the last 4 times I've smoked my rookie ### was slightly jittery one time and the other I watched Ghostbusters with my mouth open. Some of it could be mood, how much I was able to inhale, or other things as well.

Also just like wine and beer, I am interested in the "making of". What are the differences in the plants, how are some more potent than others, etc.

Buckfast, give me some weed shopping advice for my Colorado vacation. We're arriving at Denver airport at 10:30 am on a Saturday. The plan is to go to one (or more) dispensaries before continuing on to our destination (Breckenridge). Here are my questions:

1) Are there particular places that are better that I should especially seek out? I don't really want to drive all over Denver for four hours, but I'd rather go to a place that's better rather than just one that's convenient.

2) Do they still have limits on the amount of edibles you can buy and if so, do you know what the limits are? We'll only be there a week, so it's not like we need a ridiculous amount, but my wife prefers edibles to smoking, so she's probably going to want one or two per day. And I'll probably try some too, especially if we go places where smoking is impractical.

3) Do any of the places have some sort of "sampler" package where I can get small amounts of lots of different strains? I'm excited to try new and different stuff but I only have a week so I can't really buy normal amounts of more than one strain without being incredibly wasteful.

I probably have more questions but can't think of them now.
1. There are two places that I like that are right off of I-70 on the way to the mountains from the airport. One is the Green Solution (at 4400 Grape St. off of the Dahlia/Holly/Monaco exit), which offers a really nice buying experience with a good selection of strains with Ipads that contain all the relevant info for each strain (strain type, indica/sativa, THC/CBD percentages, etc.) as well as very helpful budtenders. That is where I take my out-of-town visitors. I also like Dank (which is located at 3835 Elm St. off the same exit as Green Solution). Both Green Solution and Dank have a nice selection of edibles. Both of those dispensaries are located in a kind of weird industrial park area of Denver, but they are very conveniently located to the interstate on your way to the mountains.2. There is a limit that you can buy at one time, but I think it varies a bit with edibles. I'm actually not sure exactly how that works. I think you should be able to purchase a sufficient amount of edibles. They don't track your daily purchases in any sort of online system, so you could always make two stops if you wished. There is also a dispensary up in Breckenridge, so you could always make a second stop there if necessary. However, I would recommend stocking up in Denver before going to the mountains just because there is a better selection and cheaper prices.

3. I haven't seen a sampler package, but you can buy small amounts such as a gram at any of the places I told you about. I would recommend getting a gram of a couple different strains, so that you can expereince the difference between indicas and sativas. If you are doing something active and outdoorsy up in the mountains, then you should use a sativa. If you are sitting around and relaxing at night, I would recommend an indica.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Nice info.

Asked my wife last night, and I guess we are going to Fort Collins for her conferences. Thought she said that was about an hour outside of Denver?

My follow up questions:

1. how nuts have the airports gotten with security now?

2. What are the smoking rules out there? Is it just flat out legal so you can stand outside the hotel and smoke, or is it basically you have to do it at home or at the store?

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

Understood, but curious how it would be different from what has already been mentioned in this thread?

1.02 Girl Scout Cookie
1.03 Skywalker OG
1.04 Blueberry Kush
1.05 Schwag
1.06 Northern Lights
1.07 - Jack's Cleaner
1.09. Bruce Banner
A lotta depth in Strains category. I'm gonna go ahead and lock up my Stoner Movie.

1.10 Half Baked

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

Understood, but curious how it would be different from what has already been mentioned in this thread?
I am actually very surprised this is still here. In the past once things got explicit they often got shutdown.

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

I am actually very surprised this is still here. In the past once things got explicit they often got shutdown.
Was just thinking the same thing.

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

Even if let go, I'm pretty sure a full blown weed draft wouldn't be finished.

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

I think with it being legal in two states, it's probably seen worthy of discussion. Maybe Joe can tell us what's cool and what isn't.

Strain 1-

Strain 2-

Apparatus-

Video game-

Movie-

Munchies 1-

Munchies 2-

Beverage-

Background music-

etc

I think with it being legal in two states, it's probably seen worthy of discussion. Maybe Joe can tell us what's cool and what isn't.
My guess is that we weren't really talking about illegal activity. Some people wanted to travel to CO or WA to take advantage of legal weed for nonresidents. As for me, I live in an MMJ state and I have the physician certificate, so I'm legal here. :shrug:

Good thread. I used to be a daily smoker until I had a kid. Now I only partake on special occasions or when my wife takes the kid out of town. As far as edibles go, I've always taken the position that they are more for events. Concerts, camping trips, lazy vacations in friendly city environments. If you're headed to catch the latest marvel movie, a one hitter does the trick a lot better than trying to properly dose and time a brownie. Eating takes a patient approach. The craze around edibles in Colorado has been the one major misstep in legalization IMHO.
So you're high when we kill zombies together? Me too, alot of the time. :hifive:

Daily for a decade+. Quit for 5/6 years. Currently 2x/week, a rip or 2 of funk has my peen in the dirt. I still use a Roor. My brother owned a heady outside of Tallahassee and has a wide assortment of devices, prefers the vaporizer.

Mid 30s. Frustrated that we're nowhere close to legal in my state.

Nothing crazy. Maybe once a month. Wish it was more but I dont feel like getting fat again :muchies:

Oh did a bong once and got the crazy spins so never doing that again.

Users who are viewing this thread