What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Green Bay vs Seattle Season Opener Thread! (1 Viewer)

A prediction of a final score of 42 - 13 is not trolling. Never has been and never will be. Now, Friday morning when that score is shown to be very close to the actual score the trolling comments must stop.

You were holding your breath so, please, breathe again, you are turning purple. Wait, that suits you. You look like a Viking fan now ;)

So, just to set the record straight and show that sho nuff is the true troll.

I live in Seattle, but evidently I do not have the right to post in a thread about the Seahawks because the Packer thread Nazi deems it a trolling offense.

And even if I did not live in Seattle, what right does he have to dictate who can and cannot post in a thread without being labeled a troll. It is this heavy handed divine right mentality that makes him the single most annoying poster on this board. Usurping even the aforementioned ITS.

Yes, I am a Bear fan. Yes, I live in Seattle, have for 12 years. But growing up in Illinois I still have my loyalties. This does not exempt me from being a Seahawk fan. Unless, of course, they are playing the Bears. But since they are playing the Packers I have a double right to have interest in this game.

Sho nuff doesn't like me because I defend my Bears as strongly as he defends his Packers. And, as we all know, he is delusional about their talent.

(sho) 'nuff said.
And with that...I will end up doing like most others do with you and not even pay attention to your posting.
:lmao: you have never shown the ability to do that here....you will bite at the hook even with no bait on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same story every year...

1) ItS goads and incites opposing team's fans with multiple posts predicting a seahawks blowout

2) Opposing team's fans see multiple asinine posts predicting seahawks rout and labels seahawks fans as cocky jerks

3) Seahawks fans take offense to labeling and stereotyping and respond in kind

4) Thread becomes a wasteland of personal insults and "my team's cooler than your team".

The moral of the story is... put ItS on ignore and make this forum a happier place.
I'd agree with the first two. #3 I honestly don't care about at all. As a fanbase we've been labeled a whole ton of things--my personal favorite is that all Seahawks fans have been fans for two years.

Right now I'm kind of enjoying everyone trying to rile up our fanbase. I find it pretty funny. And if you don't get ITS's shtick by now, shame on you for falling for it.
So you don't care, but you like it. Or is it one of those "I'm so cool i can like things without caring about them" kinda things?

To be honest, I feel like alot of this "us against the world" mentality from seahawk fans is the result of some weird self-fulfilling prophecy. Throw ImTheHandGrenade in there to stir things up, then the rest of the hawks fans come in to either "savor" the backlash, or rebut any vile criticisms of the seahawk fanbase based on ItS's posts.

I could care less about ItS's schtick, the problem is that the meaningless debris from these posts become repetitve and monotonous. Like it doesn't even matter that they're playing the packers. They could be playing anyone and this thread would be the exact same garbage.

Same story every year...

1) ItS goads and incites opposing team's fans with multiple posts predicting a seahawks blowout

2) Opposing team's fans see multiple asinine posts predicting seahawks rout and labels seahawks fans as cocky jerks

4) Thread becomes a wasteland of personal insults and "my team's cooler than your team".

The moral of the story is... put ItS on ignore and make this forum a happier place.
I'd agree with the first two. #3 I honestly don't care about at all. As a fanbase we've been labeled a whole ton of things--my personal favorite is that all Seahawks fans have been fans for two years.

Right now I'm kind of enjoying everyone trying to rile up our fanbase. I find it pretty funny. And if you don't get ITS's shtick by now, shame on you for falling for it.
So you don't care, but you like it. Or is it one of those "I'm so cool i can like things without caring about them" kinda things?

To be honest, I feel like alot of this "us against the world" mentality from seahawk fans is the result of some weird self-fulfilling prophecy. Throw ImTheHandGrenade in there to stir things up, then the rest of the hawks fans come in to either "savor" the backlash, or rebut any vile criticisms of the seahawk fanbase based on ItS's posts.

I could care less about ItS's schtick, the problem is that the meaningless debris from these posts become repetitve and monotonous. Like it doesn't even matter that they're playing the packers. They could be playing anyone and this thread would be the exact same garbage.
I'm saying I don't get riled up from the stereotyping you guys seem so eager to pin on us as a fanbase. I find it funny people spend so much time trying to troll us. I don't know if that makes me "cool" or have an "us against the world" attitude, but I'm sure you guys will try your hardest to pin that on us soon if you think it bothers us. I'm just saying I don't care, but feel free to try the other guys.

Packers gonna whip their asses.
:lol:

Did you know Hawks haven't lost by more then 7 points since Wilson became starter. Could it happen? Maybe...but I would consider it not to be likely. My main concern is the D-Line rotation/depth for the hawks. Then again...I think that rookie center is going to see a lot of stunts. Avril/Bennett are going to have big games.

I also think the Pack are in for a surprise when it comes to how fast the Hawks are on offense.

Same story every year...

I'm saying I don't get riled up from the stereotyping you guys seem so eager to pin on us as a fanbase. I find it funny people spend so much time trying to troll us. I don't know if that makes me "cool" or have an "us against the world" attitude, but I'm sure you guys will try your hardest to pin that on us soon if you think it bothers us. I'm just saying I don't care, but feel free to try the other guys.
Yea this is pretty much what I'm talking about with my #3 point in my original response. I really don't see anyone going out of their way to ruffle seahawk feathers. Most of the anti-seahawk stuff is retaliation to provocation from ItS.

Trolling IMO is basically going into a thread w no other objective than to incite. Personally I'm in this thread because I have Harvin and Seattle D on my FF team. Likewise I'm sure most non-seahawk fans here are either Packers fans or have interest in this game FF wise. Check out the niners thread for ItS posts to see what a real troll post is like.

I just don't think people hate on the seahawks as much as you think. :shrug:

Packers fan, so I'm hoping for the best but if I was betting money, I'd have to put it on Seattle.

They're a hell of a team and their home field advantage is like no other.

I know there is no such thing as moral victories, but I would be happy if GB just went in there and showed improvement in areas of concern

(Linsley, TE, entire Defense).

Final:

Seattle 27

GB 17

ETA: There is also a large part of me that is much more optimistic than this, I've just been let down by Dom Capers so many times that I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm. In my opinion, the Hawks force GB to abandon Lacy because they put up points quick.

As a Lacy owner I'm pretty curious what folks think about the opener.

I think the way to beat Seattle is to run it 30 times, don't turn the ball over and make all your damn FGs. Anyone see Lacy having a good to excellent TNF as the beneficiary of a ton of carries?

I could see a 14-9 or 17-16 ball game. I could also see a 30-27 ball game.

I think the way to beat Seattle is to run it 30 times, don't turn the ball over and make all your damn FGs. Anyone see Lacy having a good to excellent TNF as the beneficiary of a ton of carries?
The team is on record as saying they want to use Lacy extensively this year, even going as far as saying he could lead the league in rushing. Of course that's coach speak so take it for what it is worth.

Most would agree that GB needs to establish a run game in order to win. I would be concerned that the combo of a loud stadium, rookie center (who is a backup), and quality defense spells doom for GBs running game. McCarthy has a tendency to abandon the run if it doesn't pay dividends right away.

The team is on record as saying they want to use Lacy extensively this year, even going as far as saying he could lead the league in rushing. Of course that's coach speak so take it for what it is worth.

Most would agree that GB needs to establish a run game in order to win. I would be concerned that the combo of a loud stadium, rookie center (who is a backup), and quality defense spells doom for GBs running game. McCarthy has a tendency to abandon the run if it doesn't pay dividends right away.
Yeah the center is a very good point, one early TO in that place and it's curtains. Pffft.

Did you know Hawks haven't lost by more then 7 points since Wilson became starter. Could it happen? Maybe...but I would consider it not to be likely. My main concern is the D-Line rotation/depth for the hawks. Then again...I think that rookie center is going to see a lot of stunts. Avril/Bennett are going to have big games.

I also think the Pack are in for a surprise when it comes to how fast the Hawks are on offense.
So what. They haven't played a healthy Packers team since the Fail Mary. The Hawks might be fast on offense. I'm interested in what a healthy Packers Defense can do.

So what. They haven't played a healthy Packers team since the Fail Mary. The Hawks might be fast on offense. I'm interested in what a healthy Packers Defense can do.
I'm interested too. The Packers supposedly have a better run game and defense this year so this first game will be a great test of both. I personally expect their defense to continue to suck because of their safeties, but they should be better this year in comparison to last year.

Packers safeties will be much improved- book that. Burnett, Hyde, and Clinton-Dix are all legit.
I loved, loved, loved how Ha-Ha came up and stoned MJD at the line of scrimmage in that preseason game. The Packers need that kind of versatility out of their safeties.

Just made the switch, Russell Wilson in for Aaron Rodgers. Read some stats that terrified me on the Hawks defense.

Gave up avg of 190 Pass Yards per game last season, and allowed only 1 Pass TD in their final 14 games, including the playoffs. Plus they're at home, celebrating a championship. I'm officially scared.

Wilson is completely on fire so far this year, playing with more confidence than I've ever seen. So yep, for this week, I'm riding with Wilson over Rodgers. Next week it's back to business as usual (I think.) Also starting Jordy & Percy Harvin, so hey, GO POINTS.

Just made the switch, Russell Wilson in for Aaron Rodgers. Read some stats that terrified me on the Hawks defense.

Gave up avg of 190 Pass Yards per game last season, and allowed only 1 Pass TD in their final 14 games, including the playoffs. Plus they're at home, celebrating a championship. I'm officially scared.

Wilson is completely on fire so far this year, playing with more confidence than I've ever seen. So yep, for this week, I'm riding with Wilson over Rodgers. Next week it's back to business as usual (I think.) Also starting Jordy & Percy Harvin, so hey, GO POINTS.
That is not true.

In the playoffs alone, they gave up one passing TD in each game.

Seattle's D was awesome last year, but don't post stuff that isn't factual.

That is not true.

Yeah... I think they averaged 1 passing TD... not allowed one passing TD.

That is not true.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. In any case, I think he's making the right decision with Wilson over Rodgers.

That is not true.

Sorry, I meant "per game" or "in each of the last 14 games". Missed a couple words in there.

packer_junkie said:
Packers safeties will be much improved- book that. Burnett, Hyde, and Clinton-Dix are all legit.
Hyde is definitely an upgrade this year.

Burnett is nothing special...but he plays much better when there is someone competent next to him.

Haha is depth to use in sub packages when they want to move Hyde in at corner.

That is not true.

Just a reminder what the Saints did:

• 2 TDs + 2 Pt
  • 2 FGAs
  • 309 Yards passing, 1 TD, 0 INT (Brees)
  • 26/108/4.2/1/1 FL Rushing
  • Colston 11/144/1
  • Wilson - under 80 yards passing entering last 5 minutes of game, finished 9/18/103/5.7/0/0, 3 sacks
  • Lynch - terrific 28/140/2
Not talking about the playoff game, but obviously the Pack could have some FF success and even emerge with a win there and Wilson is not an automatic play over Rodgers.

In a confidence pick'em pool... ranked 1-16 for games you think are locks to win.

I went with this game as a 1. I think it's a toss-up and will be the closest game of the week.

Great starting game for the season, that's for sure!

That is not true.

Sorry, I meant "per game" or "in each of the last 14 games". Missed a couple words in there.
Okay. I knew that didn't sound right. :lol:

That is not true.

Here's another that doesn't sound right... (but is ;) )

The Seahawks allowed 0 rushing touchdowns in their final 9 games of the regular season.

They allowed only 1 in their last 11 games and only allowed 2 after week 3.

ETA: And only 4 on the year.

Seattle 56, Packers 10

Although I could see it being even more lopsided than that.

I'm not trying to be flippant. I actually hate Seattle. I just don't think the Packers have a prayer. I also don't think they'll be serious Super Bowl contenders until they truly figure out why they're the most injury-plagued organization in the NFL year after year.

All that said, I don't think either team gets to the Super Bowl.

Seattle 56, Packers 10

Although I could see it being even more lopsided than that.

I'm not trying to be flippant. I actually hate Seattle. I just don't think the Packers have a prayer. I also don't think they'll be serious Super Bowl contenders until they truly figure out why they're the most injury-plagued organization in the NFL year after year.

All that said, I don't think either team gets to the Super Bowl.
I see it the other way around, Packers 75, Seattle 6. I'm not trying to be flippant either.

That is not true.

Here's another that doesn't sound right... (but is ;) )

The Seahawks allowed 0 rushing touchdowns in their final 9 games of the regular season.

They allowed only 1 in their last 11 games and only allowed 2 after week 3.

ETA: And only 4 on the year.
The Saints scored 1 TD via run in the playoffs, plus a 2 Pt conversion via run.

The 9ers scored one TD via the run as well.

So in other words the Seahawks have allowed 3 running scores their last 2 home games.

So in other words the Seahawks have allowed 3 running scores their last 2 home games.
To be fair, the Superbowl was kind of like a home game ;)

True dat. Something awesome about taking out the GOAT QB along the way to boot. And great to see you guys take over the stadium. That game did look like a Seattle home game.

Packers are healthy and when healthy they are the best team in the NFL
They already are not healthy--Raji, Bostick,Tretter right? So, no longer the best team or they don't need those guys to win tomorrow?

I only ask because last year the Broncos were going to blow us out too. Afterward the excuse was they were too injured on defense. Not that we needed any offensive points to win that game, but I'm just trying to figure out excuses in advance now.

They already are not healthy--Raji, Bostick,Tretter right? So, no longer the best team or they don't need those guys to win tomorrow?

I only ask because last year the Broncos were going to blow us out too. Afterward the excuse was they were too injured on defense. Not that we needed any offensive points to win that game, but I'm just trying to figure out excuses in advance now.
IMO...Tretter is the real concern there.

Bostick was in a timeshare with the others at TE. Would be nice to have him...no doubt.

But given how injuries have hit them in recent years...losing 3 is nothing.

In other words...injuries going into this game are not an excuse for anything.

Raji isn't very good anymore. Bostick isn't a starter even. Tretter is their 4th center in three years. None of those guys matter.

No excuses needed. Get your's ready though. Which player are you by the way?

IMO...Tretter is the real concern there.

Bostick was in a timeshare with the others at TE. Would be nice to have him...no doubt.

But given how injuries have hit them in recent years...losing 3 is nothing.

In other words...injuries going into this game are not an excuse for anything.
I'm really, really curious how that is going to shape up tomorrow. It's one thing to be a rookie O-lineman starting your first game (trust us, I'm sure every Seahawks fan is at least mildly concerned about Justin Britt) but to be the C with no preseason snaps with the QB and do it on the road in arguably the most hostile away stadium? I wouldn't fault him if there are some snap issues or "false start, everyone but the center" penalties.

Quick question: he's not going to be calling the line is he? That's a lot to take on there so there must be someone else doing it, right?

Talk about getting thrown into the fire...

True dat. Something awesome about taking out the GOAT QB along the way to boot. And great to see you guys take over the stadium. That game did look like a Seattle home game.
Favre is the GOAT QB, or any other position for that matter.

Raji isn't very good anymore. Bostick isn't a starter even. Tretter is their 4th center in three years. None of those guys matter.

No excuses needed. Get your's ready though. Which player are you by the way?
Ah, this old line. That's funny.

Well when you design your stadium specifically to be loud, you get a loud stadium. That is a big advantage, but kind of bull#### in a way too.
So when you said this, did you mean *I* built the stadium and it's mine? Or is the above just your best attempt at trolling?

Favre is the GOAT QB, or any other position for that matter.
Ok maybe I should have put that in quotes.

There's no excuse for injuries in this game. The only one of consequence is a rookie center with no game snap experience who has to organize the offensive line in the most hostile stadium in the league.

But, isn't Seattle starting a rookie right tackle? It's not the same but they have some inexperience as well.

Injuries are not going to be an excuse for a loss unless something happens mid game to a core player.

I can't remember being this excited for a game, even the last Super Bowl the Packers won. I wasn't as big of an NFL fan back then, though. This is going to be fun!

Just a pet peeve of mine.
Not to go off the rails, but the 12th man is part of the team. That's why they have their own jersey, and flag raising every home game. Fans are responsible for all of the false start penalties. It is one of the few times where a fan can say "we" and mean it.

Seahawk players and the organization have mentioned a thousand times, 12th man is part of the team.

Not to go off the rails, but the 12th man is part of the team. That's why they have their own jersey, and flag raising every home game. Fans are responsible for all of the false start penalties. It is one of the few times where a fan can say "we" and mean it.

Seahawk players and the organization have mentioned a thousand times, 12th man is part of the team.
Yeah, you're unique little snowflakes.

Yeah, you're unique little snowflakes.
Actually, we kind of are. Feel free to hate if you want, I just don't understand why I should feel embarrassed (like you're trying to make us) about having fun at a football game. If you want to spend all that money and sit there like a dead fish then have at it. And please make a Texas A&M reference--I'm sure you're itching to push one out so I can tell you they ripped it off too.

Users who are viewing this thread