What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seattle vs Green Bay pregame thread (2 Viewers)

Overtime game, but the Packers pull it out.  Final score 24-23

Can we get a breakdown on how you see that playing out?
Only one way that can happen...game is tied at 21 after regulation.

Packers get the ball first, and score a field goal on their opening possession, making it 24-21.  But the Seahawks still get their possession.  They drive into the red zone, but Green Bay intercepts a Wilson pass at the 2-yard line.  Inexplicably the cornerback does not simply take the knee, but tries to put on a return.  In doing so, he arcs back into the endzone where he is tackled for a Seattle safety.

I believe in this case the Seahawks may still be entitled to receive the subsequent free kick, but as long as they fail to score again the game ends 24-23 in OT.

A bold prediction to be sure.   If Winz really believes this outcome, he may as well buy a lottery ticket Sunday as well, in case his lightning-strike luck happens twice.

Only one way that can happen...game is tied at 21 after regulation.

Packers get the ball first, and score a field goal on their opening possession, making it 24-21.  But the Seahawks still get their possession.  They drive into the red zone, but Green Bay intercepts a Wilson pass at the 2-yard line.  Inexplicably the cornerback does not simply take the knee, but tries to put on a return.  In doing so, he arcs back into the endzone where he is tackled for a Seattle safety.

I believe in this case the Seahawks may still be entitled to receive the subsequent free kick, but as long as they fail to score again the game ends 24-23 in OT.

A bold prediction to be sure.   If Winz really believes this outcome, he may as well buy a lottery ticket Sunday as well, in case his lightning-strike luck happens twice.
Actually, it is possible for a team to score only 1 point in an NFL game, but it has never happened.

Yep, safety on an extra point. Almost happened a couple of years ago. 
The offensive version has happened in college more than once, but I was referring to the defensive version, which has never happened in college or the pros.

Yes, but there are no XP in overtime, so not relevant to the current scenario.
Agreed.  TD's and EP's are out of the question, which only leaves 3 pt FG's and 2 pt safeties to choose from.

If it were not OT, a game could end 6-1, 9-1, etc.  In these cases, the team who scores a TD would go for a 2 pt conversion.  They would somehow have to run backwards for 90+ yards into their own EZ, then get tackled, which would award the defense a 1 pt safety.

What if GB got the ball first and was tackled for a safety, then held after the free kick, then drove for a FG? Would Seattle tackling GB for a safety on the first possession of OT end the game?

I think the seahawks will win. Even though they've struggled at Green Bay in the postseason, they've also given the Packers some pretty tough playoff losses. The Packers always seem to have trouble with mobile quarterbacks, and I think we'll see a repeat of that tomorrow. I say the seahawks beat the Packers 31-17. 

Curious at what temperature Jheri curl hair care products freeze.  Any chance Russel Wilson's hair freezes so hard he can't get his helmet on over it?

The only thing I do know is that there will be one or two crazy events that people will talk about for a long time. There always is when these two teams match up. Seattle has not won in GB in a very long time (8 or 9 games?) Seattle has no offensive line and no run game. There is still hope thanks to RW...with him there is always a shot.

It's weird playing GB as it's a team I can't  talk my self into disliking. GB gave us Hasselbeck, Holmgren, Schneider, and even Lacey. There is a lot of shared history.

I do think Diggs has a big game. This will be the closest score of all 4 games. I am hoping for 31-27 Hawks.

My favorite all time Seahawks win was the 1983 division round win in Miami over Marino. I was 14 and just falling in love with the NFL. Krieg, Warner, Largent, Green, Easley. I loved that team. That was a monster upset. Doubtful a win today would compare. Not sure why I bring it up. Nostalgia I guess... Makes me hope some kid somewhere had an equivalent experience today. 

My favorite all time Seahawks win was the 1983 division round win in Miami over Marino. I was 14 and just falling in love with the NFL. Krieg, Warner, Largent, Green, Easley. I loved that team. That was a monster upset. Doubtful a win today would compare. Not sure why I bring it up. Nostalgia I guess... Makes me hope some kid somewhere had an equivalent experience today. 
You said Krieg and I immediately had visions of a soapdish pass....lol! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the seahawks will win. Even though they've struggled at Green Bay in the postseason, they've also given the Packers some pretty tough playoff losses. The Packers always seem to have trouble with mobile quarterbacks, and I think we'll see a repeat of that tomorrow. I say the seahawks beat the Packers 31-17. 
Man i feel so much better now that you weighed in. Your stellar (Not) record of calling Bears games and seasons is spectacularly bad. Going to put the house in the Pack.

:thumbup:

I haven't been around in a while but it's good to see you posting. Hoping for a good game, but "we're gonna score"  :cheers:

Packers vs Titans SB would be great for FF. 2 teams with 3 down bellcow RBs. it may wake up some GMs and coaches and they may keep their best RB on the field for 90% of the plays like the old days.

Users who are viewing this thread