What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Green Bay vs Seattle Season Opener Thread! (1 Viewer)

Undercover Cops to Wear Opposing Team Jerseys at Seahawks Games

Undercover police officers wearing opposing teams’ jerseys will be attending Seahawks games to weed out unruly and “violent” fans, the team and Seattle police said.

Beginning at Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle police officers will be placed throughout the stadium looking to bust fans that are drunk, harassing other spectators, throwing items on the field or engaging in “behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal,” according to a statement by the team.

“We have great fans,” said Seahawks President Peter McLoughlin. “Our goal is to ensure a safe environment for all in attendance, including visiting team fans.” The effort follows similar undercover operations at other stadiums, police said, as well as an NFL-wide crackdown on safety that includes a recent ban on carrying purses and backpacks into stadiums.
Police did not have an immediate accounting of crimes reported at CenturyLink Field, the Seahawks home turf. An investigation by local station KIRO-TV in January, found 25 cases of reported assaults at the stadium since January.

Just a pet peeve of mine.
Fans are responsible for all of the false start penalties.
:lmao:
“Our 12th Man is unlike anything I’ve ever known,” Norton said when asked to compare his experience in NFL venues since the late 1980s. “There is no comparison: CenturyLink is far above and beyond anything I’ve ever experienced. Not to take away anything from Cowboys Stadium, which they’ve blown up, or Candlestick, which they’re about to blow up, but nothing’s even close to CenturyLink.

“Nothing compares to that energy and excitement.”

Norton cited great fans in Kansas City as well as the captured noise in some indoor arenas, but he contended the difference in Seattle is the expectation of the fans.

“They come here expecting to set records,” Norton said. “They expect to have an impact on the game with the false starts and keeping quarterbacks from making their checks. They absolutely know they are a part of this team.”

But, really? A part of the team?

Absolutely, that’s for real,” Norton said. “The noise factor, and how that works into our pass rush ... that’s something we work into our game plan.”

We're done here.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/11/2987938/welcome-to-seattle-have-an-advil.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to go off the rails, but the 12th man is part of the team. That's why they have their own jersey, and flag raising every home game. Fans are responsible for all of the false start penalties. It is one of the few times where a fan can say "we" and mean it.

Seahawk players and the organization have mentioned a thousand times, 12th man is part of the team.
Well the stadium is responsible for the penalties...not so much the "12th man". Didn't Seattle steal that little name from some college in Texas anyways?Eta: yup

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=2437992&src=desktop

Not to go off the rails, but the 12th man is part of the team. That's why they have their own jersey, and flag raising every home game. Fans are responsible for all of the false start penalties. It is one of the few times where a fan can say "we" and mean it.

Seahawk players and the organization have mentioned a thousand times, 12th man is part of the team.
how much do you get paid?

Packers have sold out every home game for what 40 years? Waiting list is about 60000 people for season tickets. Oh and the Packers are going to Waltz into Seattle tonight and win.

Packers have sold out every home game for what 40 years? Waiting list is about 60000 people for season tickets. Oh and the Packers are going to Waltz into Seattle tonight and win.
LOL... is this really how you handle your wait list? :lmao:

(PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY)
:oldunsure:
Most people in Wisconsin aren't nearly as sophisticated as the city of Seattle, a city so intelligent it took decades to figure out that having an elevated highway blocking the waterfront is a dumb idea.

Packers are healthy and when healthy they are the best team in the NFL
They already are not healthy--Raji, Bostick,Tretter right? So, no longer the best team or they don't need those guys to win tomorrow?

I only ask because last year the Broncos were going to blow us out too. Afterward the excuse was they were too injured on defense. Not that we needed any offensive points to win that game, but I'm just trying to figure out excuses in advance now.
IMO...Tretter is the real concern there.

Bostick was in a timeshare with the others at TE. Would be nice to have him...no doubt.

But given how injuries have hit them in recent years...losing 3 is nothing.

In other words...injuries going into this game are not an excuse for anything.
I'm really, really curious how that is going to shape up tomorrow. It's one thing to be a rookie O-lineman starting your first game (trust us, I'm sure every Seahawks fan is at least mildly concerned about Justin Britt) but to be the C with no preseason snaps with the QB and do it on the road in arguably the most hostile away stadium? I wouldn't fault him if there are some snap issues or "false start, everyone but the center" penalties.

Quick question: he's not going to be calling the line is he? That's a lot to take on there so there must be someone else doing it, right?

Talk about getting thrown into the fire...
Lang and Sitton will likely make a lot of the calls.

Packers are healthy and when healthy they are the best team in the NFL
They already are not healthy--Raji, Bostick,Tretter right? So, no longer the best team or they don't need those guys to win tomorrow?

I only ask because last year the Broncos were going to blow us out too. Afterward the excuse was they were too injured on defense. Not that we needed any offensive points to win that game, but I'm just trying to figure out excuses in advance now.
IMO...Tretter is the real concern there.

Bostick was in a timeshare with the others at TE. Would be nice to have him...no doubt.

But given how injuries have hit them in recent years...losing 3 is nothing.

In other words...injuries going into this game are not an excuse for anything.
I'm really, really curious how that is going to shape up tomorrow. It's one thing to be a rookie O-lineman starting your first game (trust us, I'm sure every Seahawks fan is at least mildly concerned about Justin Britt) but to be the C with no preseason snaps with the QB and do it on the road in arguably the most hostile away stadium? I wouldn't fault him if there are some snap issues or "false start, everyone but the center" penalties.

Quick question: he's not going to be calling the line is he? That's a lot to take on there so there must be someone else doing it, right?

Talk about getting thrown into the fire...
Lang and Sitton will likely make a lot of the calls.
Before destroying the interior line of the Seahawks.

“Our 12th Man is unlike anything I’ve ever known,” Norton said when asked to compare his experience in NFL venues since the late 1980s. “There is no comparison: CenturyLink is far above and beyond anything I’ve ever experienced. Not to take away anything from Cowboys Stadium, which they’ve blown up, or Candlestick, which they’re about to blow up, but nothing’s even close to CenturyLink.

Norton cited great fans in Kansas City as well as the captured noise in some indoor arenas, but he contended the difference in Seattle is the expectation of the fans.

“They come here expecting to set records,” Norton said. “They expect to have an impact on the game with the false starts and keeping quarterbacks from making their checks. They absolutely know they are a part of this team.”

Absolutely, that’s for real,” Norton said. “The noise factor, and how that works into our pass rush ... that’s something we work into our game plan.”

We're done here.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/11/2987938/welcome-to-seattle-have-an-advil.html#storylink=cpy
Yes we are done. Anyone that thinks the fans cause ALL of the false start penalties is delusional.

We're done here.

Yes we are done. Anyone that thinks the fans cause ALL of the false start penalties is delusional.
Good catch, my bad. :hifive:

Yeah, you're unique little snowflakes.
Actually, we kind of are. Feel free to hate if you want, I just don't understand why I should feel embarrassed (like you're trying to make us) about having fun at a football game. If you want to spend all that money and sit there like a dead fish then have at it. And please make a Texas A&M reference--I'm sure you're itching to push one out so I can tell you they ripped it off too.
:lmao: You guys are just like the f'ing Aggies. I'm invested in your team this year, and yes, it hurts a little, but do you guys have to be such entitled crybabies? At least Sherman has some ability to back his mouth up (not nearly as much as he thinks, but whatever).

Yeah, you're unique little snowflakes.
Actually, we kind of are. Feel free to hate if you want, I just don't understand why I should feel embarrassed (like you're trying to make us) about having fun at a football game. If you want to spend all that money and sit there like a dead fish then have at it. And please make a Texas A&M reference--I'm sure you're itching to push one out so I can tell you they ripped it off too.
:lmao: You guys are just like the f'ing Aggies. I'm invested in your team this year, and yes, it hurts a little, but do you guys have to be such entitled crybabies? At least Sherman has some ability to back his mouth up (not nearly as much as he thinks, but whatever).
1/2 of the 8 people on my ignore list are Seahawk fans, and I'm not even a Seahawk hater.

Didn't think the thread could get worse...but it devolved into a "our fans are the best" line of stuff again.

Great fans...they are loud...stadium is loud. It can cause problems.

I don't think many deny that.

Time to move on...

Didn't think the thread could get worse...but it devolved into a "our fans are the best" line of stuff again.

Time to move on...
I agree....had Packer fans not fired the first shot Im sure Hawk fans wouldn't have felt the need to defend themselves. Guys like Sabertooth are trolling this thread pretty hard, I just wish Hawk fans would realize that is what he is doing (although some do). As defending Super Bowl champs there will be lots of trolling of Hawk fans this year, likely every week. Im sure they will get use to it and just ignore post where guys troll. If you ignore the troll it goes away. :thumbup:

Now back to talking about this great game!!

Ditka Butkus said:
Jermaine Kearse will be MVP of the game, mark it down.
I don't think he cracks my top 5 but its a possibility. I would go with:

1) Wilson

2) Harvin

3) Beast Mode

4) Avril

5) Bennett

ImTheScientist said:
From Profootball Talk:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/04/seahawks-secondary-will-be-tested-by-tonights-officials/

However, the Seahawks’ secondary did just fine during the preseason, even with the increased emphasis on letting receivers run free. Actually, they did better than fine: As noted by Peter King of TheMMQB.com, the Seahwaks’ starting secondary played a total of 285 snaps during the preseason and got a grand total of zero penalties.
Doesn't terribly surprise me. The Seattle CBs can adapt to the changes better than most teams. They are athletic enough to play correct mirror or trail technique and not even touch the WR until the ball is close, yet still be shutdown corners.

But I would still put the over/under on defensive holding/interference penalties at 6.5 tonight (for both teams total). The feeling I get from league beat writers is that the NFL wants to set the precedent early in the season that you can't breathe on a WR after 5 yards.

Ditka Butkus said:

1) Wilson

2) Harvin

3) Beast Mode

4) Avril

5) Bennett
If the Packers win the MVP will be Lacy, but I think a close second will be Richard Rodgers. To me, he's the offensive wild-card tonight that might get lost in the shuffle worrying about A-Rod/Lacy/Cobb/Nelson. A-Rod has the history of playing to the open guy and finding the mismatches, and that's the most exploitable mismatch available.

ImTheScientist said:
sho nuff said:

Time to move on...
I agree....had Packer fans not fired the first shot Im sure Hawk fans wouldn't have felt the need to defend themselves. Guys like Sabertooth are trolling this thread pretty hard, I just wish Hawk fans would realize that is what he is doing (although some do). As defending Super Bowl champs there will be lots of trolling of Hawk fans this year, likely every week. Im sure they will get use to it and just ignore post where guys troll. If you ignore the troll it goes away. :thumbup:

Curiously, this is not true. I had been avoiding this thread, but out of boredom I wandered in. I read from the first page to the last just now, and Saber did not start out trolling. Other posters did.

I'm sure this is just an oversight by yourself, as you would never jump to conclusions or make up facts.

These threads are always great. Single SB winners think they are a legacy trolling against other teams with more rings. And I always love the smack between Sho and ITS, it has made for a good week so far. If GB win, I just hope ITS shows up humble, unlike Walter34 who just disappears.

Should be a great game. I'm a Packer Shareholder, and of coarse rooting for them, but am not confident on a blowout win. I still think the D is shakey. Peppers was a good pickup, but there again on the outside of the line. QB's up the middle has been a problem for years, and Wilson is a good as any of them running with the ball.

Fantasy wise, I have to start ARod and Lynch at the same time. I hate those kind of games. Those are the kind that makes me want to quit FF because I'm rooting for the home team and the enemy at the same time. SUCKS.

Hopefully this time the refs play it cool and let the guys play. Good luck (but not so much) to the Hawks.

These threads are always great. Single SB winners think they are a legacy trolling against other teams with more rings. And I always love the smack between Sho and ITS, it has made for a good week so far. If GB win, I just hope ITS shows up humble, unlike Walter34 who just disappears.

Should be a great game. I'm a Packer Shareholder, and of coarse rooting for them, but am not confident on a blowout win. I still think the D is shakey. Peppers was a good pickup, but there again on the outside of the line. QB's up the middle has been a problem for years, and Wilson is a good as any of them running with the ball.

Fantasy wise, I have to start ARod and Lynch at the same time. I hate those kind of games. Those are the kind that makes me want to quit FF because I'm rooting for the home team and the enemy at the same time. SUCKS.

Hopefully this time the refs play it cool and let the guys play. Good luck (but not so much) to the Hawks.
Doesn't ITS have a history of running his mouth and then running away?

Other than my comment about kissing only one ring...I have not really talked much with ITS...nor is there a need to other than to sort of poke at his schtick from time to time.

Saber seems to be pulling the opposite of ITS and running it as Packer homer schtick.

ImTheScientist said:
sho nuff said:

Time to move on...

Curiously, this is not true. I had been avoiding this thread, but out of boredom I wandered in. I read from the first page to the last just now, and Saber did not start out trolling. Other posters did.

I'm sure this is just an oversight by yourself, as you would never jump to conclusions or make up facts.
It looks like Vector fired the first shot.

Doesn't ITS have a history of running his mouth and then running away?

I've been on this site for years, I can't count how many users have run thier mouth. Some more obnoxious than others, but still there has been a bunch. He's a homer and most homers still up and troll for their teams. No big. I'm not as think skinned as most. You all are just internet people.

Doesn't ITS have a history of running his mouth and then running away?I've been on this site for years, I can't count how many users have run thier mouth. Some more obnoxious than others, but still there has been a bunch. He's a homer and most homers still up and troll for their teams. No big. I'm not as think skinned as most. You all are just internet people.
Running at the mouth isn't an issue....it's going into hiding like a school girl that is.

Other than my comment about kissing only one ring...I have not really talked much with ITS...nor is there a need to other than to sort of poke at his schtick from time to time.

Saber seems to be pulling the opposite of ITS and running it as Packer homer schtick.
Oh dude. I wasn't talking about only this thread. I've seen you go head to head with him multiple times, as well as Walter, Limo, and more. No disrepect. I love your Packer insight, and we probably have met at the Packer Backer here in TN, just in congnito. :) Sadly I have no Hawks friends near me to smack talk with.

Looking forward to see the new TV commercial's tonight that Russell Wilson will be staring in. Interesting he is the spokesman for a WI based insurance company(We know Rogers is for an ILL insurance company.) Wilson is one the class guys in the NFL and should have more endorsements

Looking forward to see the new TV commercial's tonight that Russell Wilson will be staring in. Interesting he is the spokesman for a WI based insurance company(We know Rogers is for an ILL insurance company.) Wilson is one the class guys in the NFL and should have more endorsements
You will also likely see a Wilson/Matthews Bose commercial.

If that's true, that's going to be pretty good. Sadly as a Titan's fan as well (I live here, so have to root), there's nobody worth watching.

On the game subject (and fantasy) Do you really expect Harvin to last the whole year? There's alot of hype, but I've seen that for years and it's never panned out. When he's on the field, he's explosive, more with the Hawks than Vikes, but how durable do you guys expect him to be truefully?

If that's true, that's going to be pretty good. Sadly as a Titan's fan as well (I live here, so have to root), there's nobody worth watching.

On the game subject (and fantasy) Do you really expect Harvin to last the whole year? There's alot of hype, but I've seen that for years and it's never panned out. When he's on the field, he's explosive, more with the Hawks than Vikes, but how durable do you guys expect him to be truefully?
I think he lasts the entire season. He had two injuries which held him out, rolled ankle and the hip. To me these are not reoccurring things. He played something like 51 of 54 games prior to that. He feels great, is in condition....I think he lasts the entire year.

I would like to see a good game but the SEA D is a wrecking ball. They buzz sawed Denver on the biggest stage last year and I just don't think GB can hang for 4 quarters. I have Cobb and am hoping for some garbage points late but realize I may get a goose egg there. Hoping GB can strike early and at least make it interesting.

Ditka Butkus said:

1) Wilson

2) Harvin

3) Beast Mode

4) Avril

5) Bennett
I'm with you on Wilson and Harvin. It lines up with them to have big games if Hawks win. Perfect weather, Harvin is healthy and looked awesome in preseason, Wilson looked studly all summer.

Gonna be increadible down there tonight!

I think he lasts the entire season. He had two injuries which held him out, rolled ankle and the hip. To me these are not reoccurring things. He played something like 51 of 54 games prior to that. He feels great, is in condition....I think he lasts the entire year.
And the three he missed were due to a sleep apnea problem that has since been resolved. I don't see a specific pattern to injury so I don't think it's a problem, but it is so difficult to gauge pain tolerance.

Should have MORE endorsements? He's already done spots for Levi's, American Family Insurance, Nike, Alaska Airlines, Duracell, Microsoft, United Way, Braun, and Larcon Automotive. Strictly by quantity of companies he's among the most in the NFL.

Should have MORE endorsements? He's already done spots for Levi's, American Family Insurance, Nike, Alaska Airlines, Duracell, Microsoft, United Way, Braun, and Larcon Automotive. Strictly by quantity of companies he's among the most in the NFL.
He currently makes $300K a year. I would say get all you can while you can.

I don't feel too bad for him. He can sleepwalk through the next two seasons and still get 5-year $15M/year contract. Probably closer to $18M/year, since I assume he'll go for more than Kaep. He'll get the Flacco treatment for winning all these games and the Super Bowl.

I don't feel too bad for him. He can sleepwalk through the next two seasons and still get 5-year $15M/year contract. Probably closer to $18M/year, since I assume he'll go for more than Kaep.
I don't get it what you are complaining about I guess. :shrug:

Can we all just stop the bickering and agree that Seahawks fans are obnoxious because they actually think they are part of the team?

Can we all just stop the bickering and agree that Seahawks fans are obnoxious because they actually think they are part of the team?
This all day long this. So similar to f'ing TxAggies. It's nauseating that there are two of these fan bases.

Yeah. No other fans are obnoxious.

cough cough dallas cough cough stealers cough cough raiders cough cough bear (yeah I had to throw that in for us packer fans)

Users who are viewing this thread