What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (2 Viewers)

A massage therapist who claims she was knocked up by Adrian Peterson has asked for $1.9 MILLION to care for the kid for 18 years ... but the NFL star has fired back with a big, fat "NO DEAL."
TMZ Sports has learned ... Peterson was contacted by the woman's attorney in early August -- claiming the woman is convinced Adrian is the baby daddy and therefore needs to open his checkbook.
In fact, the woman sketched out an outline breaking down how much she'll need over 18 years ... down to the last dollar.
1. Monthly support -- $6,000 for 216 months ($1,296,000)
2. Pre and postnatal costs -- $30,000
3. Health insurance costs -- $1,000 per month for 216 months ($216k)
4. Private school -- average of $30k for 13 years ($325k)
5. Uninsured health care costs including mental health costs for the child -- $3k per year
6. Attorney's fees -- $60,000
So, how did the demand fly with Peterson's team? It didn't.
We've learned Peterson's attorney fired back a response rejecting the settlement proposal -- but said IF the child turns out to be AP's, "he will gladly agree to reasonable support."
Peterson already has a legion of children ... and his wife is currently pregnant with baby #8.
We reached out to Peterson's lawyer for comment multiple times -- so far, no word back.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/31/adrian-peterson-rejects-2-million-settlement-from-alleged-baby-mama/

I like a RB that knows how to spread his seed...gotta keep scoring and getting that paycheck. Go ADP! Make them babies!

A massage therapist who claims she was knocked up by Adrian Peterson has asked for $1.9 MILLION to care for the kid for 18 years ... but the NFL star has fired back with a big, fat "NO DEAL."

TMZ Sports has learned ... Peterson was contacted by the woman's attorney in early August -- claiming the woman is convinced Adrian is the baby daddy and therefore needs to open his checkbook.

In fact, the woman sketched out an outline breaking down how much she'll need over 18 years ... down to the last dollar.

5. Uninsured health care costs including mental health costs for the child -- $3k per year

We've learned Peterson's attorney fired back a response rejecting the settlement proposal -- but said IF the child turns out to be AP's, "he will gladly agree to reasonable support."

Peterson already has a legion of children ... and his wife is currently pregnant with baby #8.

We reached out to Peterson's lawyer for comment multiple times -- so far, no word back.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/31/adrian-peterson-rejects-2-million-settlement-from-alleged-baby-mama/
Dude could line up a different quality hooker EVERY night for the next 15-16 years for what this one round with this chick could end up costing him :lol:

[icon] said:
zeeshan2 said:

Dude could line up a different quality hooker EVERY night for the next 15-16 years for what this one round with this chick could end up costing him :lol:
It did say she was a "massage therapist" ;)

Not to support AP too much on this, but as a finance professional, the fact that she's asking for money for the next 18 years without any consideration of time value is kind of annoying. Also, the private school thing is pretty ridiculous. Even with all of those expenses being legit, it should be about $1 million if paid now, tops, assuming the child is healthy without any special needs.

Anyway, I think Henry had 12-13 children, so AP still has a long way to go.

Here he is trying to come back and probably overcompensate for missing last year and now another distraction. It worries me a bit.

Was a bit nervous about him in week 1 due to the "return", but then tend to think (a) he missed a year but had no injury, so he should be fresh and has played the majority of preseason, and (b) the 49ers defense might be one of the top 5 worst.

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back.

Was a bit nervous about him in week 1 due to the "return", but then tend to think (a) he missed a year but had no injury, so he should be fresh and has played the majority of preseason, and (b) the 49ers defense might be one of the top 5 worst.

Huh? AP has not played in games this preseason, and the last time he played "the majority of preseason" was in 2011.

Huh? AP has not played in games this preseason, and the last time he played "the majority of preseason" was in 2011.
I think he means he's been in pads and such the preseason. ADP never runs in the preseason games, but he has been a full participant in practice as far as I can tell...

Oh, and I can't wait to see what this guy does in week 1 (and the next 15 weeks), but particularly week 1 when he just breaks a foot off in the Niners D. My only regret is that the game is the late MNF affair and I'll probably only catch a half...

Are there any positive signs about his performance coming out of practice/camp, etc.? A couple years ago there was at least word about him outracing Percy Harvin uphill in practice, etc. But this year all I could find was his own report that he felt a bit slow in practice. Are there any concrete reasons for optimism that he is returning 100 percent?

I think he means he's been in pads and such the preseason. ADP never runs in the preseason games, but he has been a full participant in practice as far as I can tell...
Yeah, what I meant was other than his thigh bruise he's been around camp. As in, this scenario kinda feels like when AP came back from ACL or the same issue for Bradford, or every other player rehabing through the offseason, but its not. AP is probably as fresh as he's been in his career due to the time off.

Also I just wanted an excuse to use a John Wick line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any positive signs about his performance coming out of practice/camp, etc.? A couple years ago there was at least word about him outracing Percy Harvin uphill in practice, etc. But this year all I could find was his own report that he felt a bit slow in practice. Are there any concrete reasons for optimism that he is returning 100 percent?
Why would he be less than 100%? The thigh bruise? Concerned about the time off due to conditioning or something?

Why would he be less than 100%? The thigh bruise? Concerned about the time off due to conditioning or something?
He's 30 years old and has been off for a year. We also haven't seen him in preseason. Seems like a logical question for a guy that for some reason everyone is putting in the top 5.

He's 30 years old and has been off for a year. We also haven't seen him in preseason. Seems like a logical question for a guy that for some reason everyone is putting in the top 5.
So, he's kinda 29 in that sense. He's also not 'returning' from anything other than his last meeting with Child Protective Services.

So, he's kinda 29 in that sense. He's also not 'returning' from anything other than his last meeting with Child Protective Services.
No, he's still 30. Just because he didn't play doesn't mean his body didn't get a year older and the older we get the longer it takes for us to heal. That's us tho. Not ADP who is either super human or has some chemical help the tests can't detect yet. I don't really care either way.

Right. I just mean that -some- recent evidence of explosiveness would be nice, in light of his age, his time away from full contact football, his injury history, etc. If he had played in the preseason and put up sub-4.0 ypc numbers, certainly we would start to see some doubts voiced on this thread. (And his one game last year was sub-4.0, for what its worth.) This is an unusual case where it seems we have an utter absence of info, even subjective observations by reporters out of camp workouts.

Boccioni said:
Right. I just mean that -some- recent evidence of explosiveness would be nice, in light of his age, his time away from full contact football, his injury history, etc. If he had played in the preseason and put up sub-4.0 ypc numbers, certainly we would start to see some doubts voiced on this thread. (And his one game last year was sub-4.0, for what its worth.) This is an unusual case where it seems we have an utter absence of info, even subjective observations by reporters out of camp workouts.
That's right, there is a bit of a leap of faith here, in that assuming his 2015 season will look like his 2013 season (or better yet, 2012). I think most people are content to assume he's still got it, despite not reading about his explosiveness in camp or seeing him put up 5.0 YPC in preseason games. The basis for this assumption is his HOF career and body of work.

FWIW, assuming there is some slight loss of explosiveness due to age, it could easily be cancelled out by the rest/freshness, the improved system around him with Norv orchestrating Teddy-Wallace-CXJ, and the hope that he gets up or around his career high in receptions due to the scheme.

Boccioni said:
If the only thing you have read about Peterson this year is that he said he felt a bit slow on July 19th then you haven't read much.

If you would read page 58 of this this thread you would see post 2855: OC: Adrian Peterson looks 'like he hasn't missed a day' or post 2860:

Vikings RBs coach Kirby Wilson says the team will monitor Adrian Peterson's snap count each week.

Wilson also pointed out that Peterson has looked "extremely explosive" in OTAs, and "still has electric foot speed." Peterson's touches won't be limited, but the Vikings want to mix in Jerick McKinnon. "It's more about snaps per game, because that's what you have to watch in regard to the wear and tear," Wilson said. "How he'll last for the season is the snaps per game, not the carries or attempts per game, because that comes with the territory. He's going to get his amount of touches that he gets, it's the other snaps and plays that will determine how successful he is at lasting during the season and being powerful, strong, aggressive and explosive."

Source: NFL.com
Jun 12 - 2:12 PM
Or post 2866 where I break down snap counts and possible targets in the passing game for Peterson this season. Or post 2876 that contained this interesting stat:

The Purple Jesus’ resurrection is well underway. After a season-long suspension and lengthy standoff with Minnesota’s front office, Adrian Peterson is not only back in action, he’s extremely motivated to extend his career beyond 2015. Suffice it to say, he’s angry, a frightening prospect for defenses (65.5 career yards-after-contact percentage). It’s no wonder why many in the "expert" realm are pushing owners to invest a No. 1 overall pick in him, even in PPR formats.
Peterson ran for over 2000 yards in 2012 after coming off a ACL that occurred late in 2011. Much sooner than anyone would have really expected. He did this while playing with Christian Ponder who aside from being able to throw a bubble screen to Percy Harvin is not much of a threat as a passer. He didn't play in preseason that year either.

If you read any Vikings preseason news you would hear a chorus from pretty much every beat writer talking about how great Peterson has looked in training camp practices, especially after the pads came on. For example:

Adrian Peterson took one hand-off today and cut back through the hole and into the second level at a lightning rate of speed. It is scary to say, but Peterson looks fresh and physically insane heading into the season. He was itching to lower his shoulder on defenders and it's pretty clear he can't wait for live contact.
Post 2904 is the story your comment was referencing. If you would listen to everything Peterson said aside from his self criticism. There is plenty of information there about his motivation, health and confidence.

Adrian Peterson is working his way back into playing shape.

The Vikings star is taking part in his first team practices since last September. He acknowledged to NFL Network's Marshall Faulk that the initial practices presented some physical challenges to his 30-year-old body.

"I kind of started off slow the first practice, 9-on-7," he explained Tuesday at Vikings camp. "It was decent but really didn't feel as explosive as I would have liked so I kind of had to grind, normally I do my hulk, little grind, wake myself up and felt a little spark and kind of got back into the groove. After that I feel pretty good.

"That hunger is there. I'm sure as we go through camp, get these pads on, it'll just wake up even more."

Peterson's on-field rust is understandable. He hasn't played a snap since Week 1 of the 2014 season. He kept his body fit in the offseason with workouts that left teammate Mike Wallace astounded by the running back's physical ability.

Peterson has repeatedly stated his goal is to rush for 2,500 yards this season. Faulk asked Peterson what he has in store for the NFL after his extended layoff.

"I don't know if I could put it in words," he said. "What I envision is something the eyes haven't seen before. I feel good, got a great team surrounding me as well. Keeping God first and staying on that path, I feel the sky's the limit and it could be my best season thus far."
How about OC Norv Turner?

[SIZE=10.5pt]Q: Is Adrian Peterson caught up with everybody in the scheme or does he have some catching up to do?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]A: I'm glad you brought up the scheme. When he comes out and I watch him, he’s way ahead of everybody else. This scheme thing, to me, it’s overrated. I know it’s different for Adrian, so there are some things that caught him off guard, but he’s very comfortable in what we’re doing. He and Kirby Wilson spent a lot of extra time getting him back and caught up on what things are different. We’re going to do the things he does best and the things he does best, he’s been doing a long time. Some of that can get overrated. The hardest thing for any back, is that in this day and age, in any system, is pass-protection and he’s worked real hard at that.[/SIZE]
The reason that you may not be hearing anything about Peterson is because most people who follow football have a pretty good idea of what kind of a player he is and what he can do. How great Peterson is has been said so many times now there isn't much left to say. He is a once in a generation type of talent who has set a standard all other RB are compared to. If you don't see that I am not sure how else I can help you here.

shader said:
karmarooster said:
Boccioni said:
The "some reason" everyone's putting him in the top 5 is that he's the best RB in the NFL. There's some risk there but no more so than any of the other top-5 guys.

I could see a Marcus Allen type end of his career
Wasn't Allen's career prolonged due to his pass catching ability?
Bo Jackson was the biggest reason, at least according to Allen . Montana in an interview mentioned that Allen told him he had gotten his rookie legs back sitting on the bench behind Jackson. His catching ability didn't hurt but he remained a speed runner that was excellent in short yardage as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So ... Peterson is jacked, they're playing a depleted front-7 on the road, with a 2nd-year QB and a mediocre WR core.

LETS PASS THE FIRST THREE PLAYS THEN PUNT.

Lol, Vikings.

Users who are viewing this thread