What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Nick Chubb, CLE (3 Viewers)

Gurley also looks faster to me. I tell you. The suspension and injury have really worked together to depress Gurley's value a bit. Im not complaining. Had he been healthy for the combine, no way I get my hands on him at 1.02.
I have grabbed Gurley at 1.03 twice.

Rotoworld:

Nick Chubb - RB - Bulldogs

ESPN's Alex Scarborough believes Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb will make fans forget about Todd Gurley.

Gurley joined the Mount Rushmore of Bulldogs backs -- along with Herschel Walker, Garrison Hearst and Knowshon Moreno -- by rushing for 3,000 yards and 44 touchdowns across three years. "Why don’t we hear Bulldogs fans singing eulogies for Gurley, who went in the first round of the NFL draft? Because of Chubb, of course," wrote Scarborough. "When you lead the league in rushing touchdowns, finish second in rushing yards and have the most explosive runs of anyone in the conference (20 or more yards) as a true freshman, you can make a lot of people forget." Chubb, who had 1,547 yards with 14 touchdowns, pulled that off despite not getting starters' carries until Week 6.

Source: ESPN.com

Jun 3 - 2:41 PM

Rotoworld:

Sports on Earth's Matt Brown thinks Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb is the best running back in the country.

Many would side with Ezekiel Elliott of Ohio State, but you can't go wrong either way. "The 5-foot-10, 220-pound sophomore packs a punch, running with a punishing style but also possessing nimble feet and superb vision," Brown wrote. Chubb had 1,547 yards with 14 touchdowns (7.06 yards per carry) last season despite not getting starters' carries until Week 6. After Todd Gurley's suspension, he averaged 165 yards per game. "It's hard to know exactly what the Georgia offense will look like as it moves from Mike Bobo to new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, but the answer should be obvious: Get the ball to Chubb as much as possible," Brown wrote.

Source: Sports on Earth
Jun 9 - 6:31 PM

Rotoworld:

Georgia OC Brian Schottenheimer was "blown away" the most by sophomore RB Nick Chubb's "work ethic in the classroom and on the field."

"The work ethic he displays on the field, just the way he practices, I've been around few guys who have worked like that," Schottenheimer told 24/7 Sports. He's very mature beyond his years in what it takes to be an elite player. Just watching the guy work and the way he finishes runs and the way he attacks individual when he and coach Brown are just kind of doing drills or read drills or even pass protection, he attacks his craft. The ability, we've all seen that. The sky is the limit for the guy but the thing I was blown away most by is his work ethic in the classroom and on the field. When you do that, it tends to lead to success." The Georgia prospect had quite the season as a freshman, rushing for 1,547 yards with 14 touchdowns, despite losing reps to Todd Gurley. Chubb should have an opportunity to have another monster season in 2015.

Source: 24/7 Sports
Jun 16 - 3:23 PM

Hmmmm...time to load up on 2017 picks before they start hyping him up as the best prospect since Adrian Peterson.

Rotoworld:

NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein ranks Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb as the No. 2 College Football running backs to watch in 2015.

"This year, Chubb should dominate the SEC with his outstanding play speed, physical rushing style and elite balance. His ability to change directions and hit top speed quickly helps him maximize his yardage against athletic SEC foes, and few runners in the conference see the field as well as Chubb. He won't catch anyone by surprise this season, however, and he better get used to the swarm tackling he is sure to see this season," Zierlein wrote. As a freshman, the Georgia prospect opened some eyes with his ability to carry the load when Todd Gurley was out of the lineup. Chubb rushed for 1,547 yards with 14 touchdowns, with an impressive 7.06 yards per carry in 2014.

Source: NFL.com
Jun 23 - 2:58 PM

Rotoworld:

NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter argues that Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb is the early favorite to get named to the 2015 All-American first-team.

The 5-foot-10, 220-pound sophomore put up 1,547 rushing yards and 14 scores as a true freshman last season even though he spent half the year behind Todd Gurley. "It won't be surprising if Chubb's elite blend of power, speed, and balance -- and an outstanding offensive line -- gets him to 2,000-plus yards this season," Reuter wrote. Only two things stand in the way of that prediction: 1.) Health. 2.) Georgia's ridiculous backfield depth.

Jul 26 - 2:24 PM

Rotoworld:

Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb "is a compact, physical runner who hits hard but also has the speed and lateral agility to make defenders miss," observes Sports on Earth's Matt Brown.

The 5-foot-10, 220-pound sophomore recorded 1,547 yards and 14 touchdowns last year, with 1,323 yards and 12 touchdowns across the Bulldog's last eight games. "He proved to be an incredibly natural runner last year, and now the offense will revolve around him again, although [sony] Michel and [Keith] Marshall will be counted on to ease the burden on Chubb's shoulders so he's not overworked," Brown wrote. The expert ranks Chubb as the third-best player in the country.

Source: Sports on Earth

Aug 9 - 8:17 PM

Rotoworld:

Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb "elite blend of power, speed, and balance -- and an outstanding offensive line -- might get him to 2,000 yards this season," believes NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter.

Chubb is the top sophomore draft prospect, according to Reuter. The 5-foot-10, 220-pound sophomore recorded 1,547 yards and 14 touchdowns last year. Sony Michel and Keith Marshall will spell Chubb this fall.

Aug 16 - 2:35 PM

Rotoworld:

NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein believes Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb is the "total package" at the running back position.

"I've written about his ability to bang out yardage after contact already, but what I didn't tell you was that Chubb created more missed tackles per carry than any of the returning running backs. The data is simply telling us what we already know -- Chubb stepped in and picked up right where Todd Gurley left off last season and will probably do it again this year," Zierlein wrote. Chubb posted 1,547 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2014, with an eye-popping 1,323 yards and 12 touchdowns in Georgia's last eight games of the season. Chubb should put up another monster season, now that he's the focal point of the Bulldog's running game.

Aug 25 - 4:14 PM

This kid is perfectly suited for the NFL game...gonna be a great one.

He'll be better than any of the RBs in the 2014 draft class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chubb, if only for the fantasy team name possibilities.

I agree with most of the writers in the article, though, for real. I think we're looking at one heck of a future in the RB world coming up, and you can't go wrong with either one, but Fournette just makes you say Wow.

Chubb outshined Fournette by a pretty wide margin last year. Dating back to last season, he has rushed for 100+ yards in 12 straight games. I think he has just reached a point where people take his success for granted because it's so automatic. Physically, he doesn't surrender any talent to Fournette. Both guys have nearly identical personal bests in the 100m (10.68 vs. 10.69 seconds) and Chubb may be stronger overall. Watching Georgia last year, I felt that there was nothing Gurley did better than Chubb, and Gurley was a top 10 pick. Just my opinion though.

Ultimately, there's really no need to debate it. It could be like the AJ Green vs. Julio thing. There's no law that says only one of the two can be legit. I would evaluate them independently of one another. Picking a winner won't really matter much unless you're drafting the 1.01 dev/rookie in their class or you're trying to figure out which to target in a trade.

Rotoworld:

Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb's 8.4 yards per carry will go head-to-head against an Alabama defense allowing only 1.97 YPC this weekend.

Chubb is a DFS deity, but this weekend may not be the right time to trot him out there. The Tide ranks fourth nationally in run defense with 56.8 rushing yards per game allowed. "The Crimson Tide's front seven features three of our top 40 prospects for the 2016 draft, with defensive tackle A'Shawn Robinson leading the way," wrote ESPN's Todd McShay. "It'll be one of the best strength vs. strength matchups we've seen so far this year."

Source: ESPN

Sep 30 - 7:09 PM

Rotoworld:

Georgia sophomore RB Nick Chubb has forced 26 missed tackles and is averaging 3.7 yards after contact per carry.

Against an Alabama defense both elite against the run and geared to stop him, the 5-foot-10, 228-pound Chubb carried the ball 20 times for 146 yards and a touchdown on Saturday. He forced seven missed tackles and gained 43 yards after contact. Chubb has accumulated 745 rushing yards with seven touchdowns on the young season.

Source: ESPN Insider

Oct 6 - 9:59 PM

That looked really bad.

ETA: Bad enough that CBS only showed the replay once. Helped to the sideline with no weight on the leg.

### #### it. I saw this thread pop up and for some reason I immediately thought "oh god, he must have had a bad injury just now".

I don't even own him anywhere. I just hate that we can't seem to get a stud RB prospect into the NFL intact anymore. I hate injuries to difference makers, it hurts the game overall.

Definitely time to get rid of the 3 year rule.

Lattimore, Gurley, Chubb, James Conner, Mike Williams, Myles Jack,...

...and a lot more that I cannot recall at the moment.

Man, what a shame.

Even more reason for Fournette to go to AZ with pro trainers and just prep for the 2017 combine after this CFB season.

### #### it. I saw this thread pop up and for some reason I immediately thought "oh god, he must have had a bad injury just now".

I don't even own him anywhere. I just hate that we can't seem to get a stud RB prospect into the NFL intact anymore. I hate injuries to difference makers, it hurts the game overall.
Every time I see this thread my thought goes to "he must have torn his ACL".

Users who are viewing this thread