What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Breshad Perriman, IND (2 Viewers)

He's been impressing for three pre-seasons now. Time for him to start producing or GTFO.
Same sentiment.  Three years now of Perriman hype.   "Looking good in camp" seems more like a kiss of death to me than a complement but we'll see.

There will be a point in the draft where Perriman is an option.  We know he is fast; his pedigree and wheels are what drives the hype train.  No doubt he'll see a couple long TDs but will he be a bigger, more dependable part of the game plan?  Statements like I'm 100% focused on football makes me wonder where his head was in the past. Overall, I think the addition of Maclin hurts.  I'd rather see Perriman in a prominent role rather than supporting cast. 

I could take a flyer on him - maybe as WR5 or WR6.  But a long preseason TD could vault him up the boards into the over-valued range.

Breshad Perriman left Tuesday's practice early with what appeared to be a hamstring injury.

Perriman reportedly pulled up while running a route. He stayed on the field for a while to stretch his right leg, but he ended up going inside with a trainer. There is no reason to believe the injury is serious at this point, but any setback is notable considering Perriman's injury history. As of now, we are considering him day to day.

Source: ESPN

Aug 1 - 11:28 AM

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec reports Breshad Perriman has a "Grade 2 hamstring strain."

The usual timeline for the injury is around a month, and the receiver has already missed two weeks. Coach John Harbaugh did not rule out Perriman returning during the preseason, but it is more likely they try to get him ready for Week 1. "He's making progress. Everything is on schedule," Harbaugh said. "They're happy with the way he's progressing." Coming off a lost camp, Perriman should be well behind both Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace in the pecking order.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Aug 15 - 12:03 PM

Always hurt.....I like his talent and I see flashes but that's all I see is flashes and then he's gone. Plus his situation is getting worse imo.......

I have this guy for the minimum in a contract auction league and I'm not sure I can keep him.  I have money to spend and his roster spot may be better utilized.

If you're interested in him, then you wait longer. If you're tired of waiting, you cut bait. Hamstring problems in training camp can lead to impatience. If you picked up Perriman from the waiver wire as a reclamation project, just sit tight and see what comes of it all. You likely have better fantasy starters on your roster. He's the long shot lottery ticket. 

Ravens coach John Harbaugh is optimistic Breshad Perriman (hamstring) will be ready for Week 1.

Perriman has been sidelined all month. Even if he is able to get back on the field for the opener, he is not likely to have a fantasy-relevant role right out of the gate. He does not need to be drafted in standard-sized redraft leagues.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Aug 29 - 11:29 AM

Breshad Perriman (hamstring) returned to Ravens practice on Saturday.

He was there with Joe Flacco (back) and Danny Woodhead (hamstring). Perriman appears to be on track to play in the opener, where he'll likely serve as the Ravens' No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin. Perriman maintains value in Dynasty leagues, but his re-draft appeal is minimal at this point.

Breshad Perriman failed to reel in any of his four targets in the Ravens' Week 2 win over the Browns.

He now has one catch for five yards on eight targets through two games.

Sep 17 - 6:39 PM

It's time to pull the plug in dynasty. 
It's been three years and I'm starting to agree. If they had any faith in him, they wouldn't have rushed to sign Maclin. Now I see why. 

What is it with this guy? Just constant injuries?

It's been three years and I'm starting to agree. If they had any faith in him, they wouldn't have rushed to sign Maclin. Now I see why. 

What is it with this guy? Just constant injuries?
Those haven't helped. I knew he was raw coming into the league but it doesn't look like he's improving.

I dropped him yesterday. 

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 1h

The #Ravens are demoting first-round and former starting WR Breshad Perriman, sources say.

This move, which could last just this week based on how he responds, was signaled based on his practice reps.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 1h

The #Ravens are demoting first-round and former starting WR Breshad Perriman, sources say.

This move, which could last just this week based on how he responds, was signaled based on his practice reps.
Demoting him to what?  Is there something below last string?

Breshad Perriman is owed a $650,000 roster bonus on the third day of training camp.

It is notable after Baltimore remade their receiving corps by signing Michael Crabtree, John Brown, and Willie Snead in free agency and drafting Jaleel Scott and Jordan Lasley on the third day of the draft. With all of those guys and Chris Moore competing at receiver, Perriman is by no means a lock to make the final roster, and it does not make much sense for Baltimore to fork out $650,000 in July just to cut Perriman a month later. Unless he shows well during the offseason program, Perriman could be looking for a new job by training camp.

Source: Baltimore Sun 

May 3 - 9:38 AM

pretty bad bust imo

seemingly landing in the perfect spot and just cant stay healthy and stay on the field

would like to see him get another shot, maybe somewhere like buffalo with a big armed qb

Eh...

####ty QB, ####ty offense, poor team track record of developing young WRs.
well, at the time, it was a fit imo

Good hands and speed out the wazoo combined with a qb who can throw it a mile. I believe at the time tressman was the oc there and people still thought he was a genius after his tenure with cutty and chicagos offense. It just seemed like a recipe for instant success and then obviously he kept getting hurt, then all their te's got hurt, then flacco, etc etc

hard to write off his skills until he has a chance to play, maybe buffalo isnt the greatest spot organizationally speaking, but they have a void on their roster where his skill set is, and a big armed qb to get the ball down the field. Could work out. another spot could be carolina maybe in that ted ginn role

This is a good point.  At the time he seemed like a very good bet to replicate the success of Torrey Smith.
Yeah, that's true. I liked Perriman on crossers out of the bunch formation too. Just injury prone and terrible hands. It'd be cool to see him get a fresh start elsewhere, but with hands as bad as his, it might be tough to get some work.

I’m still not convinced this is a real person in the NFL.
Some draft analysts were dogging on him hard during the draft. Said he was just an athlete and had terrible hands. Seems to be accurate. I wonder what the cause of the drops is too. Technique, focus, anxiety, ionno, but it's been tough watching him at times.

With that said, late in 2016 he looked pretty solid.

Some draft analysts were dogging on him hard during the draft. Said he was just an athlete and had terrible hands. Seems to be accurate. I wonder what the cause of the drops is too. Technique, focus, anxiety, ionno, but it's been tough watching him at times.

With that said, late in 2016 he looked pretty solid.
He’s Breshard Bigfoot Perriman. Is he real? I’ve heard he’s as big as TO and as fast as Randy Moss but I’ve yet to be able to find him out on the fields. Maybe this season he will emerge from the fog- but I think not, he’s likely to forever linger in the mist of our collective imaginations. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s Breshard Bigfoot Permian. Is he real? I’ve heard he’s as big as TO and as fast as Randy Moss but I’ve yet to be able to find him out on the fields. Maybe this season he will emerge from the fog- but I think not, he’s likely to forever linger in the mist of our collective imaginations. 
lol. He was suffering from the Miles Austin hamstring injury I guess.

I keep forgetting this is only his third season. It feels like he has been disappointing people for far longer.

It's not too late to turn it around but I don't really like the Baltimore offense as a place to unleash high quality WR production.

PFF article

PICK NO. 26 – BRESHAD PERRIMAN, WR, BALTIMORE RAVENS

2017 overall grade: 39.1 (116th)

In addition to sustaining significant injuries, former UCF wide receiver Breshad Perriman has struggled to work his way up the Baltimore Ravens’ depth chart and put forth high-end production when healthy, giving the team’s front office little reason to exercise his fifth-year option.

After missing his entire rookie season with a torn PCL, Perriman stumbled out of the gate during his second year, earning a 56.4 overall grade across 486 offensive snaps. And rather than improving in 2017, Perriman dropped further down the ranks, as he finished dead last in terms of overall grade (39.1) among the 116 qualifying wide receivers. Targeting Perriman, Ravens quarterbacks earned a 14.6 passer rating, which ranked last among wide receivers with at least 15 targets a year ago, and he dropped 4-of-14 catchable targets.

Unfortunately for Perriman, targets in the Ravens’ offense will come at a premium in 2018, as Baltimore’s front office added Willie Snead, Michael Crabtree and two Day 3 pass-catchers in Jordan Lasley and Jaleel Scott to the roster this offseason. Perriman will need to put the inefficiencies in his game behind him to best his competition in camp and place confidence in the coaching staff to earn much-needed opportunities

I keep forgetting this is only his third season. It feels like he has been disappointing people for far longer.

It's not too late to turn it around but I don't really like the Baltimore offense as a place to unleash high quality WR production.
It's his 4th season.  He didn't play at all as a rookie so only has two years of stats, but he was drafted in 2015.

ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports Breshad Perriman has struggled with drops this offseason.

Hensley reports Perriman has dropped a pass in every practice open to the media so far this offseason. It is certainly not a new problem for the former first-rounder, but it is disappointing all the same. Due a $649,485 roster bonus on the third day of camp, it would not be surprising if the Ravens cut Perriman sometime in the next month.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Jun 12 - 12:47 PM

Users who are viewing this thread