What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition (8 Viewers)

Don't Think Twice

Excellent bittersweet comedy about a struggling improv group. Lots of funny people in the cast, including Gillian Jacobs, Mike Birbiglia, Kate Micucci, Keegan-Michael Key, and Chris Gethard. Highly recommended.
I have never heard of any of those people. :shrug:
Gillian Jacobs is the star of Netflix's Love. Birbiglia is a comic who starred in a hilarious one man show called Sleepwalk With Me. Miccuci is one half of the comedy song duo Garfunkle and Oats. Gethard is a comic and podcast host.

And you really shouldn't try.

I have never heard of any of those people. :shrug:
same.

Gillian Jacobs is the star of Netflix's Love. Birbiglia is a comic who starred in a hilarious one man show called Sleepwalk With Me. Miccuci is one half of the comedy song duo Garfunkle and Oats. Gethard is a comic and podcast host.
and this doesn't really help.

I really want to see The Snowman. The hype on this film is unreal. Everything about it seems so ridiculously dumb.
I think it looks damn creepy.  I have read one Nesbo book and liked it. I am hoping for something on the lines of Seven, but who knows. 

The Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Ugh. I liked the first movie because it mostly didn't take itself too seriously. The sequel is so silly and over the top, there isn't much dramatic conflict here. Yes, it looks great. Yes, there are some fantastic set pieces. But at more than two hours, this movie rates a C+.
See where you are coming, I enjoyed it more. Julianne Moore was fantastic and that opening chase scene was one for the ages.

But what is with the John Denver revival? Kings man and Logan Lucky both played the same songs

The director said they didn't have time to film the whole script- 10-15% of it didn't get filmed so as reviewers have pointed out, the movie doesn't make sense.
I read that too. It seems, though, that you should really go out of your way to make time for that sort of thing...you know, filming all the necessary scenes. But what do I know, I'm not in the movie business.

Also apparently they redubbed all of Val Kilmer's scenes- it's not his voice so you never see his character move his mouth. It's always a shot of the back of his head when he's talking to people.

Also apparently they redubbed all of Val Kilmer's scenes- it's not his voice so you never see his character move his mouth. It's always a shot of the back of his head when he's talking to people.
:lmao:   No freakin' way.

OMG I can't wait to see this flustercuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Chloe Sevigny apparently has a big reveal early in the movie and then inexplicably doesn't appear again- no explanation what happened to her. 

Perrier's Bounty

Crime comedy. Excellent cast, including Cillian Murphy, Jim Broadbent, and Brendan Gleeson. Also, it's fun to watch three Game of Thrones actors play comic roles - Liam Cunningham (The Onion Knight), Conleth Hill (Varys), and Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) appear in supporting roles. recommended to fans of films such as In Bruges. Pretty entertaining.

I Love You, Phillip Morris

Black comedy about a gay con man, starring Jim Carrey, Ewan McGregor, Leslie Mann. I didn't know anything about this movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. Two thumbs up for both movies.

I Love You, Phillip Morris

Black comedy about a gay con man, starring Jim Carrey, Ewan McGregor, Leslie Mann. I didn't know anything about this movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. Two thumbs up for both movies.
i reallyreally liked this movie

Finally saw La La Land - what an utter turdball. Not one moment in the film that wasn't forced & false, purloined & pathetic. And, though they performed their parts reasonably well, i would have believed Arnold Schwarzenegger & Anderson Cooper as a couple more than Gosling & Stone. If that's a Best Picture musical, the one i'm writing is either the greatest of all time or i havent a frikkin clue what i'm doing.

John Wick 2 - enjoyable but definitely not as good as the first.   This one felt a little too Hollywoody if that makes any sense

Root canal > another superhero movie
I know that's a gut reaction for a lot people, but they can be well made.  I just like the focused, local stories vs. the whole universe is in trouble galactic silliness that they are drifting toward now.  Also, Keaton was great in Spidey.

Sounds great!  :X
It's like they really don't want anyone watching the movie. I actually stopped on the channel for 5 minutes just to see how bad it was. It was very bad but it was also a puzzling description- they left out the part about the photographer really being a NAZI looking for some buried NAZI treasure or something and the lawyer being caught up in a murder plot. I think whoever wrote the description only watched the first 3 minute of the movie so that's all they had to go on. 

It's like they really don't want anyone watching the movie. I actually stopped on the channel for 5 minutes just to see how bad it was. It was very bad but it was also a puzzling description- they left out the part about the photographer really being a NAZI looking for some buried NAZI treasure or something and the lawyer being caught up in a murder plot. I think whoever wrote the description only watched the first 3 minute of the movie so that's all they had to go on. 
How do they get advertisers to pay for spots on that channel?  Must be dirt cheap

How do they get advertisers to pay for spots on that channel?  Must be dirt cheap
I don't think they even have commercials. I can't explain why it exists or who watches it. It's one channel up from TCM (which is my go to non sports channel) and a couple channels below HBO so I flip through it a lot and am always amazed at how awful it is. TCM has Casablanca and John Wayne movies, HBO has Thrones, FX Retro has The Salzburg Connection. 

I don't think they even have commercials. I can't explain why it exists or who watches it. It's one channel up from TCM (which is my go to non sports channel) and a couple channels below HBO so I flip through it a lot and am always amazed at how awful it is. TCM has Casablanca and John Wayne movies, HBO has Thrones, FX Retro has The Salzburg Connection. 
I'm gonna find it

It's channel 1890 on DirecTV but not in my package.  Guess it's part of a movie package?  Anyway I can't go to it but I can see it exists.  It's got like 4 old movies it's pimping.  Looks god awful

It's channel 1890 on DirecTV but not in my package.  Guess it's part of a movie package?  Anyway I can't go to it but I can see it exists.  It's got like 4 old movies it's pimping.  Looks god awful
it is not just for 1 star movies

The Salzburg Connection  is 5.2 on IMDB.  Not sure why they have that horrible description but IMDB says

A list of agents and collaborators, hidden by the Nazis in an Austrian lake in 1945, is sought after by various interested parties during the Cold War.

according to Tvguide.com, Elysium, The Maze Runner and MIB3  are playing later today. Nor great movies, but not horrible either.

it is not just for 1 star movies

The Salzburg Connection  is 5.2 on IMDB.  Not sure why they have that horrible description but IMDB says

A list of agents and collaborators, hidden by the Nazis in an Austrian lake in 1945, is sought after by various interested parties during the Cold War.

according to Tvguide.com, Elysium, The Maze Runner and MIB3  are playing later today. Nor great movies, but not horrible either.
I only seem to notice the awful movies. It shows Salzburg as one star on the description of it on the guide.

Users who are viewing this thread