What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition (4 Viewers)

It is much more complicated than that...

They are also both good guys. 
It’s about the dilemma we face as a modern society. Do you we address the transgressions of the past or the doom of the future? Kong obviously representing the racism and colonialism that enslaved and destroyed Native cultures. Godzilla is the stand in for climate change, nuclear fall out and all the other suffering awaiting us for our attempts manipulate the world like god. This movie our philosophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished the 4 hours of Justice League. I ended up not liking it

That music they play every time WW did something had me wanting to mute the tv every time I saw WW. 

The movie is just Marvel's Infinity War/ Endgame done poorly. Even the characters personality's seemed to be same as Marvel's. If I didn't know better I would think this was an attempt at a remake. Way to much slowmo. 

Brick left me with a similar feeling that LaC did - I think I appreciated the style more than I liked the movie.   Still liked it overall, but overall it was a battle of thoughts for me.  While I liked the idea of a HS setting for a noir, I think it also felt a bit too unrealistic for me with the situations that were going on.  While I liked the style of the dialogue it kept me at arm's length a bit as I had trouble following it.     
I loved Brick when it came out, but I think I might feel the same as you if I rewatched it.  I've been considering rewatching LA Confidential after all the discussion here, too, since it was another that I adored at the time but am not sure would fare as well on a second viewing.

whoknew said:
Anyone else love monster movies? We are six days away from Godzilla v Kong. I can't wait.
Ex-Mr. krista said he really wants to get high and go see this, despite his not getting high in a dozen or more years.

It is trippy without drugs.. Guessing drugs will enhance the trippeness  :oldunsure:  
I think I rewound the sweaty sax scene 3-4 times (also the Star intro!), I had tears in my eyes laughing at Haim's clothes and trying to figure just how old this kid is supposed to be - (taking a ####in' bubble bath??),  and just odd lighting and editing things I obsessed over.   Sometimes I do wish I had a notebook by the couch... 

Oh, and why were Keifer and the gang ####in' with the boss vampire, and why did he look scared?  Totally funny way to have a dumb red herring in the movie to not suspect Max.  

Oh - I just remembered the other thing that I was laughing my ### about.  The Frog bros take out the vamp in the lair.  Kind of gruesome - fluid everywhere.  As they are running to the car, there is glitter all over their clothes.  I am sure that was a way to make try to use what they had to try to make their clothes look wet for multiple takes, but it really looked like some Twilight ####.  

Days of Being Wild- the 2nd Wong Kar-wai film in the Criterion Collection. Freed from the crime genre tropes of "As Tears Go By" this is much more of what I expected from WKW. I read someone compare it to La Ronde how it bops in and out of stories about 5 different people though here all the stories and characters are related. The end threw me off though and still not sure if it became non-linear at that point or if we are getting a sort of dream sequence or if someone was just shot on a train and nobody reacted to it. Anyway, flaws and all, WKW sure knows how to use the camera. There's just wonderful shot after wonderful shot and he makes every actor look flawless. 

KarmaPolice said:
For different reasons, right up there now is Cabin in the Woods.    Holy #### was that fun last night - as I posted in the other thread it was 4K streaming on Amazon.  Fran Kranz is awesome.  "He's got a husband bulge" :lmao:
Yeah,I love this film. Perfect for watching in an altered state.

Getting ready for Kong vs Godzilla. Last night I watched Kong Skull Island. I am pretty forgetful but I could have sworn I did not like this movie when I first saw it. I really enjoyed it last night. Tonight will be Godzilla King of Monsters.

Thinking of going to the Imax for Kong vs Godzilla. I have not been in a theater in over a year. I think the latest Star Wars flick was the last time I was in a theater. That was 12/2019? 

Yeah,I love this film. Perfect for watching in an altered state.
It's a horror movie that was made for horror fans.   That said it really seems like a lot of non-horror folks around here really seemed to like it a lot too.   It's also made for multiple watches and catching all the mentions about what they are doing to the kids and why - some of the stuff I missed when I saw it the first time.  

I think I have only ever seen the original Godzilla and the original King Kong. I'm sure I saw bits and pieces of a lot of Godzilla movies on TV but I've only seen the original beginning to end that I remember. 

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before, but what a story Dealt is.  Streaming on Hulu, or rent it through other services.  Worth the few dollars if that’s what it takes.   :thumbup:

Couple nights ago it was Attack the Block.   Really fun movie, but I will say I remembered liking it a bit more the first time when it came out.  Still worth a watch though.   Pretty sure I paired that one up with Predators that night.  :bag:  

Actually took a night off of movies last night :shock: .  

Rainy weekend and then the Nascar race got Rained out so watched a few  "older" movies..

Along came a Spider - I swore I had watched this one before but turns out I hadn't.. Some decent Twists thrown in to the normal Detective movies. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

No Way Out - No idea why I hadn't watched this one before but pretty good. Again, some twists thrown in to keep you guessing throughout.. Worth the watch.. 

Friends with Benefits - There are some decent :lol:  moments.. Especially their first romp in bed where they are telling each other what they like/Don't like.. 

KarmaPolice said:
Couple nights ago it was Attack the Block.   Really fun movie, but I will say I remembered liking it a bit more the first time when it came out.  Still worth a watch though.   Pretty sure I paired that one up with Predators that night.  :bag:  

Actually took a night off of movies last night :shock: .  
I rewatched Attack the Block and couldn’t help imagining it was Finn from Star Wars and Doctor Who fighting in a weird crossover on Planet of the Apes.

Has "Another Round" been discussed yet? It's so so so good. 

1. Mads Mikelson should be such a big star, he is incredible has such charisma

2. Really happy seeing the director here get an Oscar nomination

3. The best ending I've seen since Once Upon Time in Hollywood, so great 

It's on Hulu if interested. A Danish movie about 4 middle aged HS teachers who decide to try and stay a little drunk all the time (ok so you can see why I like this so much lol)

It's on Hulu if interested. A Danish movie about 4 middle aged HS teachers who decide to try and stay a little drunk all the time (ok so you can see why I like this so much lol)
near the top of my queue, but Hulu doesn't seem to want to Cooperate lately 

High on my list.  Have read great things.  I haven't been able to make time for movies due to the NCAA tourney the past 10 days!

My current 2020 (and a little 2021 as I am following the extended award season calendar) rankings

1. Mank
  2. Another Round
  3. One Night in Miami
  4. Judas and the Black Messiah
  5. Small Axe 
  6. Nomadland
  7. Da 5 Bloods 
  8. Palm Springs
  9. First Cow
  10. David Lynch's American Utopia
  11. Pieces of a Woman
  12. Sound of Metal
  13. I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  14. Borat 2
  15. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
  16. Happiest Season
  17. WW1984

Whoops did not notice that 

I get that. It's just really hitting a lot of personal areas of interest for me. 
Understand completely.   Did you listen to the Big Picture Oscar episode?   They were talking about their picks and thoughts, and I believe they said they were expecting Mank to get shut out.   It will be interesting and is an odd Oscars for sure, hopefully I get back on track and watch most of these nominees.  

Users who are viewing this thread