Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

10 minutes ago, Limp Ditka said:

but what's the safe word for when she's too close to choking you out with the scarf?

I can hold my breath plenty long.. 30-40 seconds. and that's much longer than our bi-annual sessions last.

• Like 3
  • Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Page 4???

My 8 month old wont sleep more than like 2 hours at a time :shootme:

If you go comfort him every two hours, you are training him do exactly that

3 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

Ok, so like 2 minutes before I clicked this link, my son was asking who Pee Wee Herman is.  I google Pee Wee and showed my son his picture.  Probably the first time I've thought about Pee Wee, let alone googled him, in at least 5 years.  And then I clicked your link.  Little creepy.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, cosjobs said:

If you go comfort him every two hours, you are training him do exactly that

True. We are going to do the cry it out bs next weekend. My other boy turns 3 sunday and I have family staying. 

Question for you and the other Austin guys:

how is the walnut creek area down there?  May look to renovate a community there. 

6 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

So it is cleaning itself up naturally. 

There is a whole foods and what looks like a high endish mall less than 2 miles away?!

That is correct, but things go downhill quickly as you go east towards I-35. Like I said, it could do with some renovation.

activate loan chat?

car payment is down in range to where i'm considering paying it off just so it's over and done. would tap about 15% of my available cash. interest portion of the monthly payment is inconsequential.

pay it off?

ride it out & continue making the monthly payments?

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

True. We are going to do the cry it out bs next weekend. My other boy turns 3 sunday and I have family staying. 

Question for you and the other Austin guys:

how is the walnut creek area down there?  May look to renovate a community there. 

Its a long creek. Are you talking about in University Hills? Neat Manor and 183/290?

That was originally university area expansion, but being on the east side it evolved into a predominantly middle-class black neighborhood, but now has evolved into a trendy hipster gentrification. I can tell you lots more if we'ew talking baout same area.

5 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Back to work after two weeks off can blow me.

You got that right.   Coming back to the work blew after spending 10 days in the pacific northwest.  The transition from 65 degrees to 95 degrees and 95% humidity just added insult to injury.  But on the positive side I thoroughly enjoyed the liberal states of Washington and Oregon and brought back supplies that make the ride home very pleasant. 

Just now, berndog said:

You got that right.   Coming back to the work blew after spending 10 days in the pacific northwest.  The transition from 65 degrees to 95 degrees and 95% humidity just added insult to injury.  But on the positive side I thoroughly enjoyed the liberal states of Washington and Oregon and brought back supplies that make the ride home very pleasant. 

Where were you? It has been warmer than that here recently.

23 hours ago, RC94 said:

The parrot died years ago, but it had a good life.  I love animals and treat mine well.  Of course it had no idea the meaning of what it was saying, but people got a good laugh out of it.

Now you ruined it...

Flew into Seattle and meandered down the coast with the family ending up in Monterey California.  The warmest weather was in Seattle where it may have hit 70.

10 days, 3 teenagers and one hotel room for 5 people there was potential for disaster but things were awesome with one exception...

My son's horrifically offensive gas.  It was a 3 day onslaught of flatulence that would have caused Satan to kick him out of hell.  Gas so nasty there was discussions of a forced enema to remove the rotting pestilence from his bowels.  It was a fecal chloroform that I would not wish on my worst enemies and he punished many innocent bystanders who may still be in a state of shock.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Maybe we can go fowling next year 

Sorry buddy, my phone died on the 4th and I still haven't gotten it replaced.  It's sad how reliant I am on that device to communicate, navigate and plan.  As it were, we were busy just about every day/night and I didn't get to go fowling either.  

I did, however, catch wonderful lake perch on Lake St. Clair, swam in beautiful Lake Huron, Drank copious Founders All Days and Centennials (not to mention their terrific seasonal Pilsner release, which was crushable), won $820 playing Keno, ate at the glorious Old Detroit Sports Bar & Grill three times, saw a wild turkey, a family of ground hogs, myriad deer, built campfires on the beach, saw a handful of thunderstorms (a big deal for me as I miss them dearly) and polished off a half bottle of Patron that I took from my wife's cousin's husband who welched on his $250 wager with me.  I may or may not have tried to catch the wild turkey after half a bottle of Patron...details are still emerging.

• Like 5
Just now, -fish- said:

I've always wanted to see the Foo Fighters so after half a bottle of vodka last night I bought tickets to the December 5 show in Eugene.   

Let's drink the other half on your way through Portland and then catch some wild turkeys.

43 minutes ago, berndog said:

Flew into Seattle and meandered down the coast with the family ending up in Monterey California.  The warmest weather was in Seattle where it may have hit 70.

10 days, 3 teenagers and one hotel room for 5 people there was potential for disaster but things were awesome with one exception...

My son's horrifically offensive gas.  It was a 3 day onslaught of flatulence that would have caused Satan to kick him out of hell.  Gas so nasty there was discussions of a forced enema to remove the rotting pestilence from his bowels.  It was a fecal chloroform that I would not wish on my worst enemies and he punished many innocent bystanders who may still be in a state of shock.

Monterey area is beautiful, but it is NEVER warm there. Went to a golf school at Poppy Hills years ago in May and almost froze to death.

5 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

"Enjoying" the 2nd day of my SUMMERS OFF since summer school started the Monday after regular school got out.

I'm spending it cleaning house. We're going out of town for 5 days and need the house clean for pet-sitter.

wtf

modesto?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Let's drink the other half on your way through Portland and then catch some wild turkeys.

Pretty sure I'll have finished it by December.   

Seeing the AAA All-Star game tonight in the owner's box at Cheney Stadium tonight.   Expect to be kicked out.   

18 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Sorry buddy, my phone died on the 4th and I still haven't gotten it replaced.  It's sad how reliant I am on that device to communicate, navigate and plan.  As it were, we were busy just about every day/night and I didn't get to go fowling either.  

I did, however, catch wonderful lake perch on Lake St. Clair, swam in beautiful Lake Huron, Drank copious Founders All Days and Centennials (not to mention their terrific seasonal Pilsner release, which was crushable), won $820 playing Keno, ate at the glorious Old Detroit Sports Bar & Grill three times, saw a wild turkey, a family of ground hogs, myriad deer, built campfires on the beach, saw a handful of thunderstorms (a big deal for me as I miss them dearly) and polished off a half bottle of Patron that I took from my wife's cousin's husband who welched on his $250 wager with me.  I may or may not have tried to catch the wild turkey after half a bottle of Patron...details are still emerging.

Oh, bull####

7 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

15 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

"Enjoying" the 2nd day of my SUMMERS OFF since summer school started the Monday after regular school got out.

I'm spending it cleaning house. We're going out of town for 5 days and need the house clean for pet-sitter.

wtf

modesto?

Cawker City, Kansas?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Monterey area is beautiful, but it is NEVER warm there. Went to a golf school at Poppy Hills years ago in May and almost froze to death.

From Seattle to Monterrey is beautiful and I was glad I prepared my kids for the chilly weather.  It was a great respite from the southern heat.  Throw in redwoods, whales, seals, kayaking, fires on the beach, edibles and spotty cells service and it was an awesome vacation. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, berndog said:

From Seattle to Monterrey is beautiful and I was glad I prepared my kids for the chilly weather.  It was a great respite from the southern heat.  Throw in redwoods, whales, seals, kayaking, fires on the beach, edibles and spotty cells service and it was an awesome vacation. 

that was exactly the kind of trip my family would do when I was young... fantastic memories of those.

and lol at the chilly weather- growing up in SF area, would always laugh at the tourists in lovely warm CA for the summer freezing their asses off in shorts and t-shirts.

22 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

modesto?

Seems mean.

Pismo Beach aka Bakersfield West.  Family reunion.

Good news: it's like 30 degrees cooler over there. Also get to spend time with some of my favorite cousins.

Bad news: my family could plan the fun out of an orgy.  Between my mom and her sister there have been a million emails detailing every minute of the trip.  And just when I thought everything was settled, my aunt sends out an email that we are also celebrating my uncle's 80th birthday.  And it's a costume party.  We're supposed to dress up in 1950s clothes (I guess since he was a teenager in the 50s...seems pretty arbitrary).

I texted my cousin that we should dress up as two black guys who aren't allowed to stay in the hotel we're going to be at.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

No problem.   Was pretty busy myself.   Next time or when you move here

9 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Seems mean.

Pismo Beach aka Bakersfield West.  Family reunion.

Good news: it's like 30 degrees cooler over there. Also get to spend time with some of my favorite cousins.

Bad news: my family could plan the fun out of an orgy.  Between my mom and her sister there have been a million emails detailing every minute of the trip.  And just when I thought everything was settled, my aunt sends out an email that we are also celebrating my uncle's 80th birthday.  And it's a costume party.  We're supposed to dress up in 1950s clothes (I guess since he was a teenager in the 50s...seems pretty arbitrary).

I texted my cousin that we should dress up as two black guys who aren't allowed to stay in the hotel we're going to be at.

love pismo- should be nice, black-faced rabble-rousers aside.

just don't get dinged in the omnipresent speedtrap outside of santa maria.