What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

:lmao:  Grandman of Constant Sorrow is quickly becoming one of my favorite ancillary GMTAN characters.

Wasn't there someone who had a FIL who was completely hilarious, too?  Was that @berndog?  Need more stories from both of these guys.
:lol:

Grandman oCS....luv it!

Can't wait to tell him his new screen name...

...plus, he'll get a true kick outta hav'in a new groupie!  :wub:

In fact, I may even seek out some special wisdom for ya K4...

...I'm sure he knows a lot about buy'in houses...and he could prolly dictate me a thesis on the wisdom of watch'in out for leaky rooves...clogged toilets....busted windows and saggy foundations... :grad:

Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Grandman oCS....luv it!

Can't wait to tell him his new screen name...

...plus, he'll get a true kick outta hav'in a new groupie!  :wub:

In fact, I may even seek out some special wisdom for ya K4...

...I'm sure he knows a lot about buy'in houses...and he could prolly dictate me a thesis on the wisdom of watch'in out for leaky rooves...clogged toilets....busted windows and saggy foundations... :grad:
FWIW, this makes me read all of your posts as if they're a Cracker Barrel menu.

I'm not complaining.  I'm just letting you know.

Man of Constant Sorrow said:
Sincere thanks Hank. :)

At one point in my life, it was not...

...today, however, I will listen to him for hours.

And that reminds me of some other wisdom he dropped this week:

"When pain't son...if the brush don't fit in the can...get a smaller brush or a bigger can. And...if you have to pour your paint...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................!"

I guess that's one of the reasons I'm a pro-painter these day...

Thanks Pop! :D
You know these are all allegories about sex, right?

Perseid meteor shower is supposed to be in full swing tonite, Would've been great to still be out in the mountains of New Mexico with zero light pollution. But then again, I wouldn't be able to cash in on the excuse to sit in the front yard by myself with some beers and a cigar, pretending to look at the sky.

Perseid meteor shower is supposed to be in full swing tonite, Would've been great to still be out in the mountains of New Mexico with zero light pollution. But then again, I wouldn't be able to cash in on the excuse to sit in the front yard by myself with some beers and a cigar, pretending to look at the sky.
OMG! I'm on the porch with a cigar and beers looking up at light pollution, too!

Interesting few pages in here folks.  Thank you for the content.  Can't sleep so trying to sift through FFA threads to help.

My mother is visiting at Casa Uruk this weekend. She showed up with 2 lbs of fresh crab meat, her trademark German potato salad (which I never cared for as a kid, but love now), cole slaw from some deli she likes back in Annapolis, and tomatoes. Oh, and cukes from her sister's garden. 

Sweet baby Jebus..... I haven't had real crab cakes in TOO long. 

My mother is visiting at Casa Uruk this weekend. She showed up with 2 lbs of fresh crab meat, her trademark German potato salad (which I never cared for as a kid, but love now), cole slaw from some deli she likes back in Annapolis, and tomatoes. Oh, and cukes from her sister's garden. 

Sweet baby Jebus..... I haven't had real crab cakes in TOO long. 
Is this sex allegory stuff too? 

Favorite neighborhood restaurant closing tomorrow. What's funny is that they were the harbinger of neighborhood gentrification when they opened 13+ years ago. But now, even though they're consistently busy and still trendy in spite of their age, they've even been forced out by insane rents.

Sucks. Went for our last meal this morning... and even though they normally play trendyish music, it was only the blues over the soundsystrm. 

Rip Schiller's. I can't imagine we're going to survive this neighborhood or city either much longer.

Favorite neighborhood restaurant closing tomorrow. What's funny is that they were the harbinger of neighborhood gentrification when they opened 13+ years ago. But now, even though they're consistently busy and still trendy in spite of their age, they've even been forced out by insane rents.

Sucks. Went for our last meal this morning... and even though they normally play trendyish music, it was only the blues over the soundsystrm. 

Rip Schiller's. I can't imagine we're going to survive this neighborhood or city either much longer.
Sorry Flop, I know how you feel.  Our favorite (nicer) Chinese place closed a couple of years ago.  It was our favorite place and it was where both of us wanted to go whenever we wanted to eat someplace special.  

Great Peking duck, kung pao, orange beef, moo shu ...spicy peanut pork steamed won tons over cold bean sprouts ...we ate there almost 20 years ...#### ...I still miss it.  

So, I may be experiencing a break in the clouds on the employment front.  Studio I was forced to turn down 3-4 months ago has gotten back in touch.  No re-offer extended yet, but asked after my availability/interest in a similar position that has opened up. 

It's still expensive as hell to live where they are located, but after another 90-ish days of no real leads here in Hooterville/the surrounding locales (although freelance did pick up a bit) I doubt I can justify turning down the opportunity twice.  May just pare down belongings to the bone and rent somewhere small for a while.

On the way home from visiting my dying mother with three of my kids, I get a phone call from Wife 2.0 who has just picked up a kid at Boy Scout camp a couple hours away.

She has beaten me home and is screaming in hysterics. Our German Shepherd (Gus) had managed to pry open the back sliding glass door on the rental house we are in and the dogs have escaped. The yard is not fenced and there is a "rural" highway 50 yards from the door.

When I hear this, I yell at the kids to get back in the car (Costco hot dogs are gonna have to wait) and speed home. By the time we are home (five minutes), Wife 2.0 has figured out that Gus traveled half a mile up the highway before being struck by a car. She dispatched us to drive to the area and look for our Corgi.

Now I am sobbing and borderline hysterical, as are two out of the three kids in the car.

We get to the intersection and there is no sign of our other dog. We drive back and pull into the driveway and my wife tells me that she spoke to the guy who picked up Gus from the highway. He was taken to the vet and appears to have escaped serious injury. It sounds like it was a glancing shot by a truck that was pulling around slow traffic by passing on the shoulder to the right. The truck wasn't going that fast. The truck didn't stop (what kind of ##### hits a dog on the highway and doesn't even stop?). Gus is at the guy's farm 15 minutes down the road and is just fine.  

It also turns out our Corgi was freaked out by Gus leaving and was just hiding in the house.

Gus was delivered home a half an hour later and seems a little sore and tired, but is no worse for wear otherwise.

What an afternoon. I am surprised I did not have a heart attack. Maybe I overreacted, but given everything else that has been going on, it was pretty overwhelming.

So glad these idiot canines are safe...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I may be experiencing a break in the clouds on the employment front.  Studio I was forced to turn down 3-4 months ago has gotten back in touch.  No re-offer extended yet, but asked after my availability/interest in a similar position that has opened up. 

It's still expensive as hell to live where they are located, but after another 90-ish days of no real leads here in Hooterville/the surrounding locales (although freelance did pick up a bit) I doubt I can justify turning down the opportunity twice.  May just pare down belongings to the bone and rent somewhere small for a while.
Where are they located?

If it isn't Reno, Apopka, or Uzbekistan, I suggest going for it.

Users who are viewing this thread