What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (3 Viewers)

Man of Constant Sorrow said:
OK, TB...

I was preparing myself for battle on this.   :rant:

I dug out my Babylonian books on the Anunnaki, my Egyptian Book of the Dead, my Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and all my DVDs of StarGate SG1, in order to cite the proofs for my version.

Only then, did I realize that I did not account for the atypical glottal stop involved, in my original transcription/translation. :(

Thus, I concede to your correction.

Kudos.

Never let it be said that I am not a Man to admit my mistakes. :)
That's Kodos.

completely unrelated to puppytalk™

couple nights ago the wife harvests about 40 medium tomatoes from the garden and then says "what should i do with these".   I suggested she make pico or a fresh tomato sauce.  She blows it off.   So i come home and see all these beautiful fresh tomatoes and go to work.   Cut them in half, scooped out all the insides, threw away the skins, put the pulp and juice into a saucepan, added fresh garlic and onions, basil, salt and pepper and a can of tomato puree, boiled for about 15 mins then pureed in a food processor.   put into fridge overnight.

last night after I got home I browned some hamburger and onions then poured the sauce over it and added some sugar, salt, and onion powder to get it "just right" on the sweet/salty scale.  and a pinch of dried red peppers.   Served with spaghetti.    I ate 4 plates of the stuff.  holy cow.    There is nothing better than fresh tomato sauce.   

5-ish Finkle said:
Looks blunted.  I like him. :)

I'll probably be hitting you up with questions about rentals we find soon (neighborhoods they're in/etc.)  Really appreciate it.

Yeah, I expect I'll keep doing more freelance projects than I really should for a while just because my "trust" has pretty much been murdered at this point.

Biggest reason I passed on this offer back in April was because of my wife's paralysis over "What if this winds up like the last time (gig in Reno) in 10 months, but it'll be in a place that's way more expensive month to month!??!?" type stuff.   She was inconsolable and unconvinceable at the time that, while the initial period of moving/acclimating to the new area would require us to be very mindful of finances, that it could well wind up being a pretty big win long-term.  She already had me getting laid off/fired/whatever and I hadn't even accepted the offer.   I backed off because I didn't want to press it to an "ultimatum" level, so I pretty much acquiesced to continuing to try to find something in FL because she was too afraid to make the leap on moving.  That's the nutshell version.
Will you teach me how to do multiple quotes like you did there?  I could do it on the old boards, but  now, it's some sort of advanced caclulus. 

Our tomatoes are still green.  That's not stopping the Twin Terrors from picking them all and trying to eat them.  I don't think there will be any fresh tomato sauce for me. :(

Will you teach me how to do multiple quotes like you did there?  I could do it on the old boards, but  now, it's some sort of advanced caclulus. 
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Finkle the Wise?

I thought not. It's not a story the Mods would tell you. It's a FBG legend. Darth Finkle was a Dark Lord of the FBG, so powerful and so wise he could use the Forums to quote multiple posts ... He had such a knowledge of the forums that he could even keep the quotes he cared about separate . The dark side of the forum is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice banned him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from banishment , but not himself.

You could fry them.

The twins, I mean.
Hey GM- its so easy...

I thought not. It's not a story the Mods would tell you. It's a FBG legend. Darth Finkle was a Dark Lord of the FBG, so powerful and so wise he could use the Forums to quote multiple posts ... He had such a knowledge of the forums that he could even keep the quotes he cared about separate . The dark side of the forum is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice banned him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from banishment , but not himself.
Even a 50 yr old moron like me....

Our tomatoes are still green.  That's not stopping the Twin Terrors from picking them all and trying to eat them.  I don't think there will be any fresh tomato sauce for me. :(
could figure it out.

need help with a wiring diagram?   I'll fax it over to your modem

next to the quote tab is a + sign,  click on that and it allows you to quote multiple quotes

You could fry them.

The twins, I mean.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

next to the quote tab is a + sign,  click on that and it allows you to quote multiple quotes

You could fry them.

The twins, I mean.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
congrads~!

also helpful... grabbing the whole thing with your cursor- a pop-up will appear while selected thta says "quote this". guala.

krista4 said:
So so so happy for you, GB.
Thanks. 

It's all got me a bit antsy, just because of how things have went the past 16 or 18 months(seeming to make every wrong decision possible, etc), but I'm hoping at worst this will provide a springboard to bigger and better things if it doesn't just work out on its own.  Eager to get the move over with, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I get a new driver's license just for a new picture?  This one is driving me insane.  No, I will not post it.

how about now. will you post it?
Lemme check.

Still nope.

Sure. Just tell them you lost it. Or the car ate it. Or it fell off a cliff during a hike. 
They have the picture, though, and will just send me a new one with the same damn picture.  If I show up at the DMV, can I demand that they not do that and take a new one?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemme check.

Still nope.

They have the picture, though, and will just me a new one with the same damn picture.  If I show up at the DMV, can I demand that they not do that and take a new one?  
Not sure regarding your question.

Maybe tell them you were really really fat before and you're afraid that if you don't get a new pic being skinny and all, law enforcement won't believe your ID.

Lemme check.

Still nope.

They have the picture, though, and will just send me a new one with the same damn picture.  If I show up at the DMV, can I demand that they not do that and take a new one?  
yes if you go there and wait they'll issue you a new license picture.

Lemme check.

Still nope.

why does this matter?  when do you ever look at it?  when do you have to show it?  i look like an arab terrorist in my costco photo, who cares.

What’s with all of the questions today?  “Where did you learn to drive?”; “Will you marry me?”; “Why would you say that to my baby?”

@bostonfred I need a good boxed wine suggestion for Rose Wine.  I bought a bottle for shtick two weeks ago when it was 800 degrees and now I can't quit drinking them.  
Bota box rose` is probably the consensus best from the box wine ro-zay aisle, with a fruit forward flavor and scents of tipsy sorority girl's breath  Franzia makes a charming little moscato with hints of earthy poor people, but if you're going franzia give me the Old World Chablis all day.  Black box has a little less of a grain alcohol flavor than your traditional box wine, but it's like staying in the most expensive motel in old Vegas.  You might convince yourself that you're getting good quality and still saving money but when you know tomorrow's itinerary is one dollar craps why spend the extra money tonight for something you won't noticeably enjoy more? 

I have decided to begin at the beginning...

...listening to Palace Brothers - There Is No-One What Will Take Care Of You right now...

....enjoying it very much.  :thumbup:

Also, in doing my research on where to begin, I stumbled upon this quote at Wikipedia:

Have you been reading any of my nutty philosophical rants before bringing him up? Because that description could fit some of them quite well. :lol:

Thus, I'll be reading his lyrics as well. ;)

Edit: Now on to: Days in the Wake – Palace Brothers (1994)

and Viva Last Blues – Palace Music (1995)

and Arise Therefore – Palace Music (1996)

and Will Oldham - Joya 

and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I See a Darkness (Full Album)

and Ease Down the Road – Bonnie 'Prince' Billy (2001)

and...still diggin it.  :thumbup:

And yes, it has been a night of insomnia. 
Damn, you really hit it fast!  So glad that you've enjoyed.

I think I've told this license picture story before. When I first moved to New Jersey in 2001, they were still using laminated drivers licenses. When I got my license, the lady smudged my picture when she laminated it. I didn't realize it until I got home. 

She had smudged my picture right over my mouth. My license for 4 years made me look like I suffered from one of the world's worst cleft pallets.

Users who are viewing this thread