Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51189

The fix

by yak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:23 am

Hey Mates, I too don't like the ads. Here's the fix:

Get the adblock plus extension then go to adblock plus options where it allows you to Block and ad by it's URL

In the right input box where it talks about the domain, type

Code: Select all

open.spotify.com

and the input box on the left type

/mp3-ad/

. Then click the block it button.

Now when spotify wants to play an ad you get a pop up in the top of the page saying some rubbish about reloading your page because of an error but then it goes on to the next song without an ad.

Re: open.spotify.com

by yak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Oh yeah actually the filter that worked for me was

/mp3-ad/*$domain=open.spotify.com

My bad mates

• Like 1

Now you want to talk fishing, here is an old April fools my daughter and I  played on my mother. 
My daughter made her phone text as another number to my mom and said,
" Welcome to cat facts! We will now send you free cat facts hourly!" So the next few hours
we sent various cat facts. Moms didn't say anything, so we send , 
" we are glad you like cat facts, would you like the "premium" version of cat facts for $25 a month? You will receive cat facts every 5 mins.
Text yes or no."  She types "no" of course and we send back, " welcome to the premium version of cat facts, your credit card will be billed immediately."
Instead of texting back like we thought she would, she calls us at the spoofed number! We don't answer. Then she calls our house 
phone and tells us about the "cat facts". I had to reel her in. She wasn't happy. Lesson learned, don't make people think 
their credit card will be charged. Still funny though...

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51189

The fix

by yak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:23 am

Hey Mates, I too don't like the ads. Here's the fix:

Get the adblock plus extension then go to adblock plus options where it allows you to Block and ad by it's URL I FOUND THE OPTION, BUT NOT FINDING BLOCK BY URL

In the right input box where it talks about the domain, type NOT FINDING AN INPUT BOX

open.spotify.com

and the input box on the left type

/mp3-ad/

. Then click the block it button.

Now when spotify wants to play an ad you get a pop up in the top of the page saying some rubbish about reloading your page because of an error but then it goes on to the next song without an ad.

Re: open.spotify.com

by yak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Oh yeah actually the filter that worked for me was

/mp3-ad/*$domain=open.spotify.com

My bad mates

yeah... this looks like it should be great, bu I could use a little help getting to where I need to get to here. TIA!

The Norwood family is getting a dog next week.  My wife and I are currently in a blood feud trying to decide on a name.  She keeps wanting to give it a human-like name like Maggie or Lucy.

I'm currently lobbying for Bark Obama.

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, ScottNorwood said:

The Norwood family is getting a dog next week.  My wife and I are currently in a blood feud trying to decide on a name.  She keeps wanting to give it a human-like name like Maggie or Lucy.

It's funny. I'm picturing the first time you have to chase her through a public park.

1 hour ago, ScottNorwood said:

Oh, she's "one of those" types, huh?  Just name it Kevin and get it over with (and then proceed to call the dog "Arf Vader" whenever she isn't around anyway).

• Like 2

Seriously....what kind of person names their dog "Kevin"?  Or "Phillip"?

Used to be a couple at the dog park we frequented in Nevada who had done both. :mellow: I could never bring myself to take them seriously about anything.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
2 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Used to be a couple at the dog park we frequented in Nevada who had done both. :mellow: I could never bring myself to take them seriously about anything.

Ahem

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Had a friend's name all their pets Steve. It worked.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Not a real dog.  It's different if they can talk. :) He also has a last name, which makes it less galling to me ("Brian" or "Max" also sounds more like a dog's name than "Phillip", etc).

12 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Had a friend's name all their pets Steve. It worked.

Yeah, I've known people who did this too.  I dunno....just doesn't compute with me for whatever reason.  I mean, if you're going to potentially be screaming your pet's name at the top of your lungs in public why not go for a little more gusto/panache?  "DAVID! STOP HUMPIN' THAT OLD BROAD'S LEG!" sounds a lot more To Catch A Predator-y than the same phrase with "Tupac Shacorgi" swapped in as the name.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 1

A couple thoughts from the airport Friday's.  Guy sitting across from me eating cheese sticks with a knife and fork about get his face punched.  Anything worse than two coworkers at a bar talking shop?

Edited by shuke
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, shuke said:

A couple thoughts from the airport Friday's.  Guy sitting across from me eating cheese sticks with a knife and fork about get her face punched.  Anything worse than two coworkers at a bar talking shop?

Two coworkers in my house talking shop.

9 minutes ago, shuke said:

Found somethIng worse. Stranger next to me trying to talk shop. 

Trying to talk shop....with you?  Yeah, cram that noise right up its cram-hole, LeFleur.

Also worse: The kind of folks who walk into a room, observe someone clearly reading a book and then ignore that and attempt to engage in convo or, even more mind numbingly ask "Whatcha doin'/readin'?"

Edited by 5-ish Finkle

Rodnald Silks

4 hrs · 

who is everyone top 10 sleeper team infootball the nfl this year? falcons, pacers, bronco, miami, jets, alabama christmas tide, charters, raiders, and houston texases is mine

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, shuke said:

Found somethIng worse. Stranger next to me trying to talk shop. 

I found something worse.  Hope you are not sitting next to this guy on the plane.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/world/article169045617.html#fmp

His seat was wet and smelled like urine. It was just the start of an 11-hour flight

Edited by Getzlaf15