What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

GD, you are likely too good of a human being to hang out in this thread. You're welcome to stay, though.  :thumbup:
Not even close. There are plenty in here that are amazing people and whose generosity and hearts put me to shame. I'm just thankful for grace that I don't deserve and that I sometimes do the right thing and share that love and grace with others. The rest of the time, I'm a real mess. Just ask my wife and daughter!  :D

Couple lose everything in 20 minutes

Some pretty incredible stuff here:

-A 24 year old and 26 year old who were "tired of the rat race"

-Sold everything and bought a boat

-Didn't insure the boat

-Did not have any sailing experience

-Planned to sail the ocean for the rest of their lives

-Sank the boat within 48 hours

-Apparently were planning on eating/living off of $60 for the rest of their lives

The only surprising part here is that they didn't die. And that they don't already have a GoFundMe up.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Didn't insure the boat

-Apparently were planning on eating/living off of $60 for the rest of their lives

The only surprising part here is that they didn't die. And that they don't already have a GoFundMe up.
Don't say nest, don't say egg, don't say smart.

-Didn't insure the boat

They must have seen the cat meme where the cat says "I should buy a boat"

Anyone who is thinking about spending their life savings on a boat really needs to understand something.  Boat stands for Bust Out Another Thousand.  They are very expensive to maintain.

I heard the two best days boat owners have are the day you buy the boat and the day you sink the boat. Any truth to this?
Well, the day you sell it, but sure.  :D

The way it was explained to me by my father, a boat is a hole in the water into which one pours money. I'm sure there are GMTANers than can verify.

-Didn't insure the boat

I just looked at the charts for the inlet where they trashed their boat--they're morons and they're lucky they crashed someplace safe and shallow.  They would have died for sure in the open water.   

Man do I need to vent as my kids are getting screwed over by the school.  In the grand scheme of things this will blow over but it really sucks right now.

My daughter is in 8th grade and has had 3 knee surgeries in the past year.  She desperately wants to return to running track/cross country but she is still at least 3 months away from running.  She was injured last track season but was the manager so she could remain involved.  The coach told me at the end of the year what a great job she did.

Fast forward to this year and she requested to be manager again and they turned her down.  It seems the coaches have had the same 3 girls as managers for football, basketball and track this year and don’t need a fourth.  My daughter is the sweetest, hardworking, drama free girl you can find and these coaches just crushed her today.  :cry:

In addition to that I get an email this morning my son has been kicked out of National Honor Society because he didn’t fulfill the volunteer requirements.  :rant: He submitted 50 hours of volunteer work performed outside of school when he only needed 5.   He was also assigned a teacher that he had to perform 3 hours of volunteer work for at the school.  One stipulation was the hours could only be done with this teacher.   He completed 2 hours of class room volunteer work and then spent the last month emailing her asking when he could finish up.  She repeatedly responded she was busy and had nothing for him.  He really tried to complete them and the teacher screwed him.  He even sent the emails to his advisor showing he tried and the advisor said it is black and white and you didn’t meet the requirements.  WTF?!? :wall:

I wouldn’t care except they are contacting all the colleges he applied to saying he was kicked out.  He has applied for several scholarships and this is going to #### him. 

TLDR: School sucks and Berndogs kids are losers

Schtick or serious replies welcome

Man do I need to vent as my kids are getting screwed over by the school.  In the grand scheme of things this will blow over but it really sucks right now.

My daughter is in 8th grade and has had 3 knee surgeries in the past year.  She desperately wants to return to running track/cross country but she is still at least 3 months away from running.  She was injured last track season but was the manager so she could remain involved.  The coach told me at the end of the year what a great job she did.

Fast forward to this year and she requested to be manager again and they turned her down.  It seems the coaches have had the same 3 girls as managers for football, basketball and track this year and don’t need a fourth.  My daughter is the sweetest, hardworking, drama free girl you can find and these coaches just crushed her today.  :cry:

In addition to that I get an email this morning my son has been kicked out of National Honor Society because he didn’t fulfill the volunteer requirements.  :rant: He submitted 50 hours of volunteer work performed outside of school when he only needed 5.   He was also assigned a teacher that he had to perform 3 hours of volunteer work for at the school.  One stipulation was the hours could only be done with this teacher.   He completed 2 hours of class room volunteer work and then spent the last month emailing her asking when he could finish up.  She repeatedly responded she was busy and had nothing for him.  He really tried to complete them and the teacher screwed him.  He even sent the emails to his advisor showing he tried and the advisor said it is black and white and you didn’t meet the requirements.  WTF?!? :wall:

I wouldn’t care except they are contacting all the colleges he applied to saying he was kicked out.  He has applied for several scholarships and this is going to #### him. 

TLDR: School sucks and Berndogs kids are losers

Schtick or serious replies welcome
The daughter thing will blow over. Sucks, but lesson learned about trusting people with their word.

The black and white crap that the advisor is falling back on is a pathetic snapshot of what our culture has become. Policies like that are in place because, sadly, we either don't allow people to think for themselves or hire people that are simple incapable of doing it. Its maddening.

Honestly, I'd just jump all the way to the principal / dean about the NHS stuff. F the teacher and the advisor. Show someone with an ounce of brains the evidence that his requests were refuted and him not getting 3 hours was obviously not due to lack of effort. I'd be doing everything I can make their lives even just a little bit more difficult.

Honestly, I'd just jump all the way to the principal / dean about the NHS stuff. F the teacher and the advisor. Show someone with an ounce of brains the evidence that his requests were refuted and him not getting 3 hours was obviously not due to lack of effort. I'd be doing everything I can make their lives even just a little bit more difficult.
If the principal wasn't a spineless moron I would be knocking on his door tomorrow morning.

For example my same son was involved in an accident in the school parking lot last year.  A kid was driving at least 35 MPH and plowed into my sons car.  It totaled the car and messed up my son's back and caused him to quit the track team so he could rehab.  The kid initially lied about the whole thing.  Luckily I was able to get video of the accident from the schools cameras.  This was huge in determining fault and getting insurance to pay. 

The kid was bragging about totaling our car so I went to the principal and asked what he was going to do.  He gave me some BS about not being able to discuss other students.  I shareed the video and pointed out the school handbook says driving privileges' are suspended for at fault accidents on school property.  This kid was a football player and popular so of course the principal didn't have the balls to do anything. :rant:   so fighting over this wont get me anywhere. 

If the principal wasn't a spineless moron I would be knocking on his door tomorrow morning.

For example my same son was involved in an accident in the school parking lot last year.  A kid was driving at least 35 MPH and plowed into my sons car.  It totaled the car and messed up my son's back and caused him to quit the track team so he could rehab.  The kid initially lied about the whole thing.  Luckily I was able to get video of the accident from the schools cameras.  This was huge in determining fault and getting insurance to pay. 

The kid was bragging about totaling our car so I went to the principal and asked what he was going to do.  He gave me some BS about not being able to discuss other students.  I shareed the video and pointed out the school handbook says driving privileges' are suspended for at fault accidents on school property.  This kid was a football player and popular so of course the principal didn't have the balls to do anything. :rant:   so fighting over this wont get me anywhere. 
So black and white works in some instances and not others? F that, burn the whole thing down. School board, here you come.

Your son willing to schtoop the teacher once or twice? Nothing like a good teacher / student sex romp coming to light to ruin someone's life

:goodposting:  Go higher than the principal if that doesn't work, both within the school system and the regional/national/whatever version of the National Honor Society.  The stuff with the daughter is a bummer, but this one absolutely infuriates me.  How about a sternly worded letter from your lawyer, krista4?  Know anyone in local media who'd like a "teacher fails in duties and therefore ruins good kid's life" story?  I'm only half-joking.

:goodposting:  Go higher than the principal if that doesn't work, both within the school system and the regional/national/whatever version of the National Honor Society.  The stuff with the daughter is a bummer, but this one absolutely infuriates me.  How about a sternly worded letter from your lawyer, krista4?  Know anyone in local media who'd like a "teacher fails in duties and therefore ruins good kid's life" story?  I'm only half-joking.
I would definitely contact the principal and then superintendent if going to the principal doesn't work. Then try following up with the folks up the NHS if you don't get satisfaction. And if none of that works, I would definitely find a friendly lawyer to draft a letter. Seems to me that the only black and white involved is that they conspired against your son to intentionally remove him from NHS by rejecting his multiple attempts to complete his required service hours that were mandated by the school to be with a specific teacher who then denied him that opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread