What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

That's the whole thing.  I had plenty of opportunities to try it throughout my life and didn't, and trying it at this point in life just seems silly.  I'm totally pot-friendly and most of my friends partake, but I just don't care to start up.

I have been a little more tempted by the edibles, though, but that's just because I like brownies.  
Mrs Limp errr. Epic, wasn't a big partaker over the years. Her first time was with me and when it was all said and done, she probably only did it a handful of times. Each time was usually when she was already drinks, so she never really had good results from doing it. I'd be willing to bet that it was 20 years since she had done it last and she decided to join in on some edibles while we were in Denver in October. She was all good with it, but nothing she'd want to on the reg. Which means 'yeah! more for me!'

announce:   this is not a political post.  I'm uninterested in discussing politics and it's verboten here.

Roverkid is going to participate in the nationwide 17-minute school walkout on March 14.   Here's the thing:  she's the only kid in her school doing it.   She discussed it with me at length and feels very strongly about it.   She's going to take a ton of backlash from the other kids, based on classroom discussions and debates that they've had.   

The only question I have is this:  I can go sign her out and she can go make her statement, or she can walk out on her own and take the consequences.   She's prepared to do either, but has asked my advice.   I fully support her expressing herself and exercising civil disobedience and peaceful protest.   Given the fact that she's going to take heat from her peers, do I also let her get in trouble with the administration?  I've told her there will be no negative consequences from me no matter what she ultimately chooses.
let her walk out but be there to pick her up/protect her in case someone wants to make a deal out of it

good for her, btw :thumbup: furley fully endorses this plan of action

rock on roverkid :wub:  

did the admins say there'd be punishment? if nothing is clear, I think I'd reach out to the administration (unless they're berndoggystyle) and tell them she's going to do this and is willing to go full hog, but that you'd prefer she wasn't punished, so are willing to sign her out if needed. can that backfire? tanner?
Admins have not made any statement in any way.   One of the eighth grade teachers does weekly debates on current events, so my daughter knows she is the only one walking out.

let her walk out but be there to pick her up/protect her in case someone wants to make a deal out of it

good for her, btw :thumbup: furley fully endorses this plan of action
Yeah, that's the plan.   She just asked my advice on whether to sign out (which means they can't punish her) or walk out (which means she takes her chances)

private or Catholic? 

Catholic school could suspend of expel.  i went to Catholic school through HS. maybe it was just ours but they were positively despotic. any slight was harshly punished and quickly.
Christian, but not Catholic.  They can suspend but I doubt they'd expel.   Biggest possible downside would be banning her from the class trip to Washington DC, which I doubt they would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
TIL: if you're going to commit a crime, leave the Fitbit at home. 

unless the crime is at your home then at least take the Fitbit off first.

Weird. Was anyone else having problems accessing the bored this morning? It kept giving me an error until about 15 minutes ago.

I realized I may have a problem though in that I got mad after a couple of hours when I got the error message and, without thinking, immediately put the address in again to come here and complain that I couldn't access the bored. :bag:

Weird. Was anyone else having problems accessing the bored this morning? It kept giving me an error until about 15 minutes ago.

I realized I may have a problem though in that I got mad after a couple of hours when I got the error message and, without thinking, immediately put the address in again to come here and complain that I couldn't access the bored. :bag:

@Buckychudd and @snogger were doing some testing this morning. you may have been one of the users impacted by their tinkering  :coffee:

@Buckychudd and @snogger were doing some testing this morning. you may have been one of the users impacted by their tinkering  :coffee:
Testing worked fine until you pressed delete :rant:

My brain isn't very good with foreign languages. But I really think I need to learn Spanish. 50%+ of the workers I oversee speak only Spanish and it drives me crazy when I have no idea what they're saying. 

I think my solution may be to ignore the issue until I get promoted and only have to supervise my own guys supervising other contractors. Problem solved!

My brain isn't very good with foreign languages. But I really think I need to learn Spanish. 50%+ of the workers I oversee speak only Spanish and it drives me crazy when I have no idea what they're saying. 

I think my solution may be to ignore the issue until I get promoted and only have to supervise my own guys supervising other contractors. Problem solved!
All the Spanish I know came from listening to The Clash.

private or Catholic? 

Catholic school could suspend of expel.  i went to Catholic school through HS. maybe it was just ours but they were positively despotic. any slight was harshly punished and quickly.
All  4 of my kids are in Catholic School from 3rd up to sophomore. Last year my then freshman was encouraged by her school to go protest. 

Things have changed since we were kids, dude

listening to a local murder trial via terrible, awful, horrible web stream

the number of people who have testified so far that consider, apparently, the entire town to be "ghetto" is shockingly high. 

almost as high as the number of people who don't have a clue where anything is in town. this chick lives 6-8 blocks away from the bar in question... she can neither identify the neighborhood nor explain roughly where it might be on a map and explained that "it's pretty far away from where i live.... it's in the ghetto."

then, this is a town that considers a 10-minute drive across town to be too far

I saw your White Bell Biv Devoe meets Future Farmers of America photo on facebook.  It's a great photo. 
it's my understanding that most of the guys in that particular photo were, in fact, farmers from small towns in middle america

eta: one of those bumpkins allegedly picked up a keg of beer and threw it down an alley (not a euphemism insofar as i'm aware). which, allegedly, made such a tremendous noise that the local fuzz was called out and, allegedly, some of those fine fellas ran for their lives.

if i'm understanding the story correctly

urbanhack said:
What happened to Krista4's Ask Me Anything thread?  I saw it pop up last night, so I made this...but now I can't find it.

https://i.imgflip.com/25ewx6.jpg
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  

That relates directly to what happened.  I started feeling guilty about starting it while his was still active, so I deleted it.  Not that it would have actually taken away from his, or that he would have cared, but it just felt like a jerk move.  I feel guilty easily.

I had fun while it lasted!  Was nice to interact with some people I don’t come across as much, along with some regulars.

Finally received the correct faucet part today.  Would have been nice if somebody could have told me they expedited the part via “regular mail” because I made another call on my way home after not getting anything for a week and they said they would send me a complete replacement faucet for my troubles

so now I have 1 working faucet, a bathtub spout, 6 side sprayers and a brand new faucet en route.  Maybe I’ll sell that sucker on Craigslist 

oh also the wife will be returning the new faucet she bought to Lowe’s tomorrow, so I’ll be getting back a few hundred bucks (who am I kidding she’ll blow that plus more)

Watching Planet Earth II on Netflix now and apparently in December in Rome, starlings are responsible for 10 tons of droppings each day.  :toilet:

Finally received the correct faucet part today.  Would have been nice if somebody could have told me they expedited the part via “regular mail” because I made another call on my way home after not getting anything for a week and they said they would send me a complete replacement faucet for my troubles

so now I have 1 working faucet, a bathtub spout, 6 side sprayers and a brand new faucet en route.  Maybe I’ll sell that sucker on Craigslist 

oh also the wife will be returning the new faucet she bought to Lowe’s tomorrow, so I’ll be getting back a few hundred bucks (who am I kidding she’ll blow that plus more)
Or you can keep the faucets and start a faucet collection.  People collect all kinds of things.  It's not weird.  You can pull it off.

mr. furley said:
listening to a local murder trial via terrible, awful, horrible web stream

the number of people who have testified so far that consider, apparently, the entire town to be "ghetto" is shockingly high. 

almost as high as the number of people who don't have a clue where anything is in town. this chick lives 6-8 blocks away from the bar in question... she can neither identify the neighborhood nor explain roughly where it might be on a map and explained that "it's pretty far away from where i live.... it's in the ghetto."

then, this is a town that considers a 10-minute drive across town to be too far
Poor and uneducated people live a not surprisingly different life than we know. Cincinnati paper had a story a few years ago about kids growing up on the west side of town.  Kids that were teens, and could see the downtown skyline from their homes, who had never been there and saw it as some far away and enchanted city. 

I must work  for the only school system that is actually meeting with students to show them we are concerned about school safety, helping them craft their message, and supporting their walkout to make sure it is safe and goes off as intended.

Sounds like these other clowns intend to treat this as a school vs. students thing, which is totally the last thing that needs to happen.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  

That relates directly to what happened.  I started feeling guilty about starting it while his was still active, so I deleted it.  Not that it would have actually taken away from his, or that he would have cared, but it just felt like a jerk move.  I feel guilty easily.

I had fun while it lasted!  Was nice to interact with some people I don’t come across as much, along with some regulars.
Well this is stupid. 

Poor and uneducated people live a not surprisingly different life than we know. Cincinnati paper had a story a few years ago about kids growing up on the west side of town.  Kids that were teens, and could see the downtown skyline from their homes, who had never been there and saw it as some far away and enchanted city. 
I’m working with a program in Seattle right now that gets inner-city kids out into the mountains, lakes, all of nature.  I was interested in doing something like this because I’d worked with kids in Chicago, living in Chicago!, who’d never even seen Lake Michigan.  It’s amazing, and sad, how small a world can be in those circumstances.

I have a farrahmount of faucets as well.

Poke was decent. Like a sushi salad. I used a fork because I’m a child despite how many times people have tried to teach me to use chopsticks.

https://www.formyblock.org/ - you might be interested in this guy and his program. he has been getting some national pub of late. he runs a charity program, funded by donations which he uses to take kids from the worst neighborhoods in Chicago to parts of the city they probably never ever would have seen. to do things they probably never imagined possible.

you're right, a lot of these kids have never seen downtown. or the other side of town. or hell a neighborhood beyond their school. 

there was an endearing video posted to his FB page the other day of an outing where he took the kids scuba diving in a pool. the video clip was of a kid, maybe 15-16, with the biggest smile on his face talking about how much he loved it and he wanted to go scuba diving all the time. never in that kid's wildest imagination i bet did he consider that he'd be scuba diving one day. even if it was in a pool.

breaking down barriers through experiences in a safe way.. totally amazing program, imo.

Where do you live?
i edited my post but you ninja-quoted it first :ninja:

Green Bay. town of 100k, give or take. it never really occurred to me that there were people here who viewed where i lived as "ghetto" or "sketchy" or inaccessible. i grew up hearing it but never imagined it to be true. i mean, to get out of the city limits in any direction is a 10 minute drive. there are people just outside the city border who either have never been downtown or only go there begrudgingly.

it's incredibly safe here but...... different strokes for different folks, i guess.

i edited my post but you ninja-quoted it first :ninja:

Green Bay. town of 100k, give or take. it never really occurred to me that there were people here who viewed where i lived as "ghetto" or "sketchy" or inaccessible. i grew up hearing it but never imagined it to be true. i mean, to get out of the city limits in any direction is a 10 minute drive. there are people just outside the city border who either have never been downtown or only go there begrudgingly.

it's incredibly safe here but...... different strokes for different folks, i guess.
One of the more interesting things I've noticed over the 18 years (god I'm old) of living in NYC is the change in the type of questions you get from non-NYCers when I travel.  It used to be all about if it was safe to questions on neighborhoods and activities.  Green Bay's day will come!  

Users who are viewing this thread