What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

Depends on what you want.  As was mentioned above, Willis is a close walk from the train station.  Signature is not convenient to get to, but once you're there, you can walk to tons of shopping if that's something the wife wants to pursue.  If you're going to drop the $$ on it, you might as well do Willis.  But if you're close to Hancock, you can head up to the Signature Room/Lounge and drop that $20 on a couple of cocktails for a similar enough view.  Might be challenging with the Dirty Underwear Gang in tow, though. 
I didn't realize that both of them now have a "vertigo" feature.  WIllis has the clear box where you step out and look straight down 1000+ feet, and I see that Hancock has "the Tilt" where it leans out at an angle.

Depends on what you want.  As was mentioned above, Willis is a close walk from the train station.  Signature is not convenient to get to, but once you're there, you can walk to tons of shopping if that's something the wife wants to pursue.  If you're going to drop the $$ on it, you might as well do Willis.  But if you're close to Hancock, you can head up to the Signature Room/Lounge and drop that $20 on a couple of cocktails for a similar enough view.  Might be challenging with the Dirty Underwear Gang in tow, though. 
:thumbup:

My wife is less into shopping than I am.  I love her so hard. :wub:

Is the aquarium really worth it?  We've got a pretty good one on the coast of Oregon so I'm less interested in that sort of thing but very very interested in meats and food recs.
I remember liking it but I probably haven’t been in 15 years and if you’ve already done the aquarium thing elsewhere could probably skip it...not sure it’s must see.  I just figured that or the plane-arium would’ve something the kids might enjoy more that a really tall building 

defintely get the beef though

oh and pro-tip I’d recommend rolling around in urine before going to wriggly so you get accustomed to the smell of that dump.  Place should be condemned 

Is the aquarium really worth it?  We've got a pretty good one on the coast of Oregon so I'm less interested in that sort of thing but very very interested in meats and food recs.
fairly interesting if your kids have never been to one. really only worth it if you get the dolphin/beluga/narwhal exhibit add on.

Manny's on the west side (not far from the museums) is a classic. school cafeteria type feel but it's a landmark. 

:shrug:

If somebody said, "Can you recommend a place near the museums," I never would have thought of Manny's in that proximity. 
:shrug: it's where we have gone in the past. it's a bit awkward crossing LSD to get there but the food is worth it. and it's iconic if you're in town from way out.

General Malaise said:
FYP

Which big building is better?  Seems like both want $20 per head, which seems like robbery, but if we must, we must.  I prefer museums and what not, but while there, it's probably worth visiting the rarefied air, right?
20 per head for just the tip of the ####? Chicago apparently sucks.

Pretty successful little Monday here:

- Made a rape joke here and an incest one in another thread.

- Gorgeous day here so I’m knocking off work right now to meet friends for wine and chili.

- Currently wearing a fritanga shirt.
You’re wearing a fried food shirt?

I've been to the bar at night at the Hancock. It's awesome. And I'm afraid of heights.

There's so many good places to eat in Chicago don't worry about that. 

I enjoyed the amazing architecture downtown.  Nothing like it in Portland

@General Malaise as has been said, Willis tower is across from Union Station then you can head towards the lake and the musueum campus.  Or from Union Station hop in the water taxi and take that down the river to Michigan Avenue and then head to the Hancock.

@General Malaise as has been said, Willis tower is across from Union Station then you can head towards the lake and the musueum campus.  Or from Union Station hop in the water taxi and take that down the river to Michigan Avenue and then head to the Hancock.
Good stuff, thanks!  I think it'd be cool to hit that first thing with the boys, then take a water taxi.  Something new and different for all of us.  Can you recommend a lunch spot near Willis before we take the water taxi?

Users who are viewing this thread