What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

When my kids did this they called it a fun run and they set up a tiny track so with minimal effort every kid was able to do the max amounts of laps.

Enjoy the minibike!
Oh for ####s sake.   The run wasn't today, the money and pledges were due. 
It WAS a fun run. :mellow:   Mrs. SLB witnessed and claimed "the lap" was pretty long. I asked THREE times for some sort of distance for this so called lap and was denied.

Final tally, 36 laps.  I feel like I've been taken advantage of. :lmao:

He turned 11 today and you old GMTN'ers with a notebook remember what a #### he was from the get go.  He's all sorts of awesome. Smart, not like Cal, few are, but quick. Understands situations quickly and can make the best of it.  Needless to say, so proud.   I don't put this crap on tehs FB so humor the LAM. 

Dyl's new passion is drawing and he's pretty good at it.  Received all kinds of pencils, markers and paper for his birthday.

Since I'm posting Cal got straight A's this quarter and stupid Dylan missed all A's by getting a B+ in reading.  Was really hoping for a sweep but I guess they don't want it bad enough.

ETA

Yeah, bragging on my boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the point to low-balling someone on a job offer.  If you want that person to join your team and stay for the long term, why make an offer that will only have them continue looking for a job until they find what they are looking for?  I don't know anyone who will be loyal to a company that constantly nickel and dime's them.

I don't understand the point to low-balling someone on a job offer.  If you want that person to join your team and stay for the long term, why make an offer that will only have them continue looking for a job until they find what they are looking for?  I don't know anyone who will be loyal to a company that constantly nickel and dime's them.
From experience, it's often due to HR's rules and has nothing to do with the hiring manager.  

RC94 said:
I have twice been recruited by out of state law firms that wanted me to head up an office here.   Both times I stated my minimum salary requirements in the first conversation.   The first time they flew me to another state, subjected me to 13 interviews with various partners, took me to dinner and drinks, and then lowballed me.  

The second time I was taken out to dinner with the managing partner and his wife, then was asked to go to their offices, where I toured their building, spoke to everyone from the IT guy and marketing guy to the lawyers I'd be managing, spent 6 hours in interviews, and got lowballed 2 weeks later.

I have no idea what the point of either exercise was.

Finally got my resume together, sent it out on about a dozen possible jobs...

and today my firm told me they apologize for how long it's taken getting my partnership offer together, they want to have it include what will happen to give me the entire firm in a few years, and they expect to have a full proposal by tax day.

Also, I'm being recruited to run for mayor of my town.

What a weird day.

The local "kingmaker" (more like "mid-level-management maker" - I live in a town of less than 10,000 people) flagged me down while I was driving down the street today to lean in my window and ask me if I want to be mayor.  I don't know the appropriate response to that.

The local "kingmaker" (more like "mid-level-management maker" - I live in a town of less than 10,000 people) flagged my down while I was driving down the street today to lean in my window and ask me if I want to be mayor.  I don't know the appropriate response to that.
anything goes these days. i say run for office and then ram through some crazy local ordinances... really leave a legacy on that town.

eta: but first you better fire up the Ossie Davis alias and abandon ship on this one

kids are at my mom's for the night

wife asked, last night, if i wanted to order in Indian for dinner tonight

i assented

she eats one thing from this restaurant

she has been home for 45 minutes, staring at the online menu trying to decide what to eat

she just phoned in the order

she ordered the same thing she always gets

"i didn't have enough time to decide! i panicked!"

24 hours

not enough time

i assented

she has been home for 45 minutes, staring at the online menu trying to decide what to eat

24 hours

not enough time
If it makes you feel better my wife called me at work yesterday in a panic to find out if she should take my daughter to the doctor to check her finger to see if it's broken.

Granted, my daughter was in the car with her and they were already on the way to the doctor's office.

If it makes you feel better my wife called me at work yesterday in a panic to find out if she should take my daughter to the doctor to check her finger to see if it's broken.

Granted, my daughter was in the car with her and they were already on the way to the doctor's office.
:lmao:

last time i got a panicky "what should i do" call it was because some boy at school collided heads with my oldest daughter and split her lip. 2 stitches.

i thought she was dead from the sounds of the call. nearly had a freaking heart attack driving to school only to find my kid holding a rag with an ice cube in it & looking at me like "wtf are you here? it's a scratch."

:lmao:

last time i got a panicky "what should i do" call it was because some boy at school collided heads with my oldest daughter and split her lip. 2 stitches.

i thought she was dead from the sounds of the call. nearly had a freaking heart attack driving to school only to find my kid holding a rag with an ice cube in it & looking at me like "wtf are you here? it's a scratch."
I sometimes refer to my wife as Web MD. Everything that happens she’s sure is cancer. 

i assented

24 hours

not enough time
I know this one....furley's wife.

I have twice been recruited by out of state law firms that wanted me to head up an office here.   Both times I stated my minimum salary requirements in the first conversation.   The first time they flew me to another state, subjected me to 13 interviews with various partners, took me to dinner and drinks, and then lowballed me.  

The second time I was taken out to dinner with the managing partner and his wife, then was asked to go to their offices, where I toured their building, spoke to everyone from the IT guy and marketing guy to the lawyers I'd be managing, spent 6 hours in interviews, and got lowballed 2 weeks later.

Dinner.

I'd guess it's the same logic that short guys use to lie about their height on dating profiles. They figure you'll be so wowed by them in person you'll change your clearly stated criteria. 

I'm sure there are some in your situation who feel flattered by the whole ordeal they end up talking themselves into a lower price than they started with because of the environment/workplace/city life/whatever. 

I negotiated them up to a little below my minimum.  I have been interviewing with 3 other companies, but I am too early in the process with them so I won't have another offer before I have to make a decision on this offer.  Since I have been out of work, I have no choice but to accept this offer.  However, I am going to continue interviewing with these 3 other companies and if I get another offer I will wind up rejecting this first offer.  This is a $40+ billion company, but at least they saved $10k a year by playing hardball with me.  Only a telecom company, or maybe a law firm, can ruin a relationship like this before it even starts.  This should have been a time to celebrate, but instead I will have no loyalty towards them whatsoever.

i assented

24 hours

not enough time
I got a stack of Chipotle 2-for-1 cards a while back at school.  We’ve been using them whenever a “What should we do for lunch/dinner” moment happens.

The wife uses the online ordering thingy which is cool because it saves your order.

First time we order Wife: “damn, I picked the wrong salsa.  This is too hot.”

Second time “damn, I forgot to change my order to the milder sauce.”

Third time “Damn, I changed the salsa on my order but I accidentally picked an even hotter salsa”

This one's on me. 

Just a minute ago my wife was asking me if it would be appropriate for our 13 yr old daughter to watch Wind River with us tonight. I thought about it and said no probably not it's kind of adult themed. Then my 11 yr old son comes in and goes "Wind River? Yeah Dad we watched it last weekend when Mom was out of town remember? You let us watch it?" Then he rattles off the entire plot. My wife is just staring at me 

This one's on me. 

Just a minute ago my wife was asking me if it would be appropriate for our 13 yr old daughter to watch Wind River with us tonight. I thought about it and said no probably not it's kind of adult themed. Then my 11 yr old son comes in and goes "Wind River? Yeah Dad we watched it last weekend when Mom was out of town remember? You let us watch it?" Then he rattles off the entire plot. My wife is just staring at me 
My wife loves to tell the story about asking her mom if she could go see The Blue Lagoon.  My wife was about 10 at the time.  Her mom said no, of course, since the content was fairly mature.  Wife wasn’t happy.

The next day wife’s stepdad takes her younger brother to the movies. Brother was like 8.  They come home and wife and her mom found out they saw The Blue Lagoon.  Both of them “What the hell?”

Stepdad shrugs “I thought it was about dolphins and ####”.

Users who are viewing this thread