Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4250

  • kevzilla

    3112

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

9 hours ago, krista4 said:

I left the house with the TV on whatever was playing basketball (TBS?), then came home and turned it on and find that there's a version of the Joker's Wild with Snoop Dogg as the host.  Apparently this has been a thing for a while?  And no one told me?

Is the last round "Face the Dizzle"?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, McJose said:

We are doing a Color Battle at school today as a "reward" for fund-raising.

I told my principal that I wouldn't be participating. "Pretty sure I protested against color battles in the 60s, Ryan."

 

hfs:lmao:  :lmao::lmao: you're going to end up on the local news, Byron

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, my company (insurance/financial services) uses a "workflow management" application to route all sorts of items that need to be processed or reviewed by various departments.  It's basically the central nervous system for daily business processing.

Last night, the vendor managed to effectively delete our entire production database, including all copies across 3 separate data centers AND their "disaster recovery" site.  They had a backup, but it's something like 20TB of data and it's not going to be restored until early Saturday morning.

Oops.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, McJose said:

We are doing a Color Battle at school today as a "reward" for fund-raising.

I told my principal that I wouldn't be participating. "Pretty sure I protested against color battles in the 60s, Ryan."

 

I have heard bad things about that powder.  If anyone throwing that garbage has some kind of cold, flu, typhoid, etc..., it’s coming your way.  Other than that, sounds like a blast.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

So, my company (insurance/financial services) uses a "workflow management" application to route all sorts of items that need to be processed or reviewed by various departments.  It's basically the central nervous system for daily business processing.

Last night, the vendor managed to effectively delete our entire production database, including all copies across 3 separate data centers AND their "disaster recovery" site.  They had a backup, but it's something like 20TB of data and it's not going to be restored until early Saturday morning.

Oops.

Impressive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

So, my company (insurance/financial services) uses a "workflow management" application to route all sorts of items that need to be processed or reviewed by various departments.  It's basically the central nervous system for daily business processing.

Last night, the vendor managed to effectively delete our entire production database, including all copies across 3 separate data centers AND their "disaster recovery" site.  They had a backup, but it's something like 20TB of data and it's not going to be restored until early Saturday morning.

Oops.

let me know if you are in the market for another intelligence workflow platform.  :coffee: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

I have heard bad things about that powder.  If anyone throwing that garbage has some kind of cold, flu, typhoid, etc..., it’s coming your way.  Other than that, sounds like a blast.  

I'm not having anything to do with the actual color bukkake-fest.  I'll be monitoring the kids that didn't raise enough money.  They're watching some movie in the multi-purpose room.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, McJose said:

We are doing a Color Battle at school today as a "reward" for fund-raising.

I told my principal that I wouldn't be participating. "Pretty sure I protested against color battles in the 60s, Ryan."

 

They did this for a 5K walk/run fundraiser for the school my son went to elementary school at. Every K, there was a coloring station. I, of course, just happened to live exactly 1K from the finish line, so the last station was step up right in front of my house. For 3 weeks it looked like a Smurf genocide had taken place on my sidewalk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 10:50 AM, UOFI_316 said:

The stupid thing is you can pay $10.50 for an Old Style or Bud Light, or $11.50 for a Goose Island.  So it is only an extra dollar to go from pee water to a decent beer.

The bleachers are fun to sit in.  Depending on the opposing outfielder you can get some interaction.  Cubs against Astros years back, Lance Berkman playing LF, crowd was teasing him about his weight, as he ran out to start an inning someone threw down a package of Twinkies.  He opened it, ate one and put the other in his pocket, turned around and thanked the guy.

I :heart: the Big Puma

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

They did this for a 5K walk/run fundraiser for the school my son went to elementary school at. Every K, there was a coloring station. I, of course, just happened to live exactly 1K from the finish line, so the last station was step up right in front of my house. For 3 weeks it looked like a Smurf genocide had taken place on my sidewalk

Band name

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, krista4 said:

I left the house with the TV on whatever was playing basketball (TBS?), then came home and turned it on and find that there's a version of the Joker's Wild with Snoop Dogg as the host.  Apparently this has been a thing for a while?  And no one told me?

The wife found a cooking show with Snoop and Martha Stewart where they have guests and get drinks. I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate that.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

They did this for a 5K walk/run fundraiser for the school my son went to elementary school at. Every K, there was a coloring station. I, of course, just happened to live exactly 1K from the finish line, so the last station was step up right in front of my house. For 3 weeks it looked like a Smurf genocide had taken place on my sidewalk

I'm visualizing Hiroshi tricycle race in revenge of the nerds.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

The wife found a cooking show with Snoop and Martha Stewart where they have guests and get drinks. I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate that.

You ever pick your feet in Poughkeepsie?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 10:50 AM, UOFI_316 said:

The stupid thing is you can pay $10.50 for an Old Style or Bud Light, or $11.50 for a Goose Island.  So it is only an extra dollar to go from pee water to a decent beer.

Pretty sure the good beer comes in a smaller size.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

What does LaCrosse Wisconsin have to do with this?

Some quick research shows that you are right. I was under the impression that Old Style was a local brand to Chicago, perhaps because it had previously been owned by a Chicago family.

It certainly does have a history as a uniquely prevalent brand in Chicago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

SIt certainly does have a history as a uniquely prevalent brand in Chicago.

Yeah. So does Malort and you're not going to catch me downing that stuff either.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

Yeah. So does Malort and you're not going to catch me downing that stuff either.

Going back to visiting Chicago as a kid, I remember the Olde Style signs at basically every corner bar we drove by. It was still mostly the case when I lived in Chicago so I figured maybe it was some kind of local gem. When I move there, I tried Olde Style. Once.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Going back to visiting Chicago as a kid, I remember the Olde Style signs at basically every corner bar we drove by. It was still mostly the case when I lived in Chicago so I figured maybe it was some kind of local gem. When I move there, I tried Olde Style. Once.

 

https://nypost.com/2018/03/21/pabsts-olympia-beer-sued-for-false-advertising-pure-mountain-water/

Quote

A California beer lover claims to have been duped into buying Pabst’s Olympia beer — whose slogan is “It’s the Water” — because he thought it was a high-class brew made from the “artesian water in Tumwater, Washington.”

:lmao:

Quote

“I’m not sure the suit has merit,” said food lawyer Baylen Linnekin. “I live in Seattle, where Olympia is widely available as a cut-rate discount beer. You can get a six pack of 16-ounce cans for $4 or $5. No one is paying a premium for this beer.”

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Olympia may actually be worse than Olde Style. Rainier is pretty bad also, but is a cut above. In the same way PBR and Schmidt are a cut above Olde Style and Schlitz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

What's even more stupid is that Oly has been available here since I was a kid at least (THAT'S LIKE THE 1700s! Hawwwwwwwwww).

Everybody knew that Oly, Hamms, Schaeffer, Meisterbrau, were cheap, yellow water with a hint of alcohol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McJose said:

What's even more stupid is that Oly has been available here since I was a kid at least (THAT'S LIKE THE 1700s! Hawwwwwwwwww).

Everybody knew that Oly, Hamms, Schaeffer, Meisterbrau, were cheap, yellow water with a hint of alcohol.

Quote

Peacock paid a “premium price” for the beer, according to the complaint, and was “denied” the benefit of purchasing a bargain beer because of Pabst’s false advertising.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

was just in the self checkout line at the grocery store.  scanned a cucumber and my machine was a little loud when it said, "now put your cucumber in the bag."

:mellow: 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...