Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

3 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

That's a ridiculous bargain IMO. Anywhere around me that served an Easter brunch like that would be $70+ easy. That's a fantastic menu.

:thanks: I thought it seemed like a good price, too.

5 minutes ago, ScottNorwood said:

yeah ...kosher Chuckles .  Never a big fan, but would eat them if there was no other candy around. 

grandma candy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ScottNorwood said:

Something my grandma would have at her house.  Delicious if you have just one or two, from what I remember.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:

No shtick, I just shared this with a coworker yesterday. I've watched it at least 20 times over the years and still die every time.

And by the way:  "Dangerops pragnent sex?  will it hurt baby top of his head?"  

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ScottNorwood said:

Brighten up your Passover celebration with these assorted jelly fruit slices from Oh! Nuts. 

Title of Henry's sex tape......

• Like 2

On 3/27/2018 at 2:02 PM, Henry Ford said:

I buy my pants at either Costco or thrift stores.  Except my suits, which I buy off the rack as cheaply as possible.

You can get searsucker and arm garters off the rack in Mississippi?  Well, that's a bonus.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, krista4 said:

Sorry, seemed more of a tease to post, unless you’re going to fly in for it. :excited:

House-made pastries and bread*

House-cured gravlax eggs benedict w/ Meyer lemon and fresh dill hollandaise

House-made biscuits and sausage gravy

Made-to-order omelets

Seafood bar featuring Marrowstone Island oysters, house-cured steelhead gravlax, shrimp cocktail w/ house-smoked horseradish sauce, and more

Roasted Nash’s Farm ham

Coffee-rubbed USDA Prime Rib

Organic spring salad

Roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables

Seasonal fresh fruit

A selection of house-made desserts

*This part might sound boring, but this includes chicken empanadas, beef empanadas, squash/pesto/plum tomato/Parmesan thingies, cream cheese cookies, whiskey-glazed peach and apple pastries w/ brown sugar and cinnamon, blueberry/cherry/lime pastries topped with coconut and white chocolate, cherry/strawberry/cream cheese pastries with dark chocolate, and others.  Plus the homemade breads are to die for.

This sounds amazing.

• Like 1

30 minutes in a meeting with a smug ##### that drags out every word, has the vocal fry affect to his voice + uses the latest industry jargon/business speak in place of.. you know.. normal words + loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

that was a true test of patience and tolerance. mein leben.

"we're going to align the actionables to synergize with the tall foreheads at corporate. we've got a tiger team ready to leap when the major players present their slide deck."

Edited by mr. furley
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

30 minutes in a meeting with a smug ##### that drags out every word, has the vocal fry affect to his voice + uses the latest industry jargon/business speak in place of.. you know.. normal words + loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

"we're going to align the actionables to synergize with the tall foreheads at corporate. we've got a tiger team ready to leap when the major players present their slide deck."

We're buying helium. :mellow:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

Does he use "calendar" as a verb? 

Calendar a meeting on that for next Tuesday.

• Like 1

Please tell me tall foreheads isn't a real buzzword and you just made that up.

• Like 3

Just now, proninja said:

Do you not understand how a business would want to highlight what makes their product attractive?

When they highlight that some are house made, I assume that means other stuff isn't.  If they didn't mention it, I would assume everything is house made and/or not even think about it.  Also it was more about how it's becoming a cliché.

what, so you're not as cool with the shtick as this smooveysmoove cat so ya come up in this mutha to bag?

physician, heal thyself

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

Today at work we shifted some paradigms, ran things up the flag pole, and [error – buzzword #17 not found].  Sorry, buzzword generator is acting up again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

This is my job, but I'll be damned if I can find an accident code for closing a hatchback on your own head. :lmao:

I slammed my p e nis in a car door. What’s the code for that?

1 hour ago, Thomas The Skank Engine said:

Does he use "calendar" as a verb? 

Calendar a meeting on that for next Tuesday.

not yet

but he definitely enjoys talking as if he makes the rules and gets to dictate roles and responsibilities to people that either don't work with him, don't work for him or don't even work at the same freaking company

4 hours ago, Thomas The Skank Engine said:

Btw do patrons really care if everything is "house-made".  That's getting up there with "Applewood smoked", "Hand spun" and other restaurant clichés.

If they serve tartar sauce or salad dressings, yes

• Like 1