What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

Bernadette Szostak Barbato · 

Alsip, Illinois

"Let's get something out of the way," writes John Daniel Davidson for the Federalist. "Charlottesville is not about Confederate statues or Robert E. Lee or the Civil War or American history. What happened on Friday night and Saturday is about power, specifically about forcing tha great mass of Americans to choose sides in a zero-sum clash between contemporary American versions of Weimar gangs. " Mainstream media outlets are buying into a narrative that conflates white supremacy with constitutional conservatism. By projecting the authoritarian racism of a fringe movement onto libertarians and mainstream conservatives, thay are encouraging left-wing terrorist organizations like Antifa to attack conservative speakers at universities across the nation. If this continues, it won't be long before people start fighting back.

Like · Reply · 2 · 33w

Marlene Cimo

I love the fact that your showing off your college degree (or you lifted this from somebody who has a college degree) but if you want somebody to start a lively debate, please use words the average person can understand.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

good lawd comments sections of newspaper websites are the absolute best/worst

Over the last couple of days there have been rumors flying around about a kid bringing a gun to school.  It’s been investigated and the rumors were totally unfounded.

Yet today I had 9 kids absent in my 1st period.  Usually it’s 2 or 3 max.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the last couple of days there have been rumors flying around about a kid brining a gun to school.  It’s been investigated and the rumors were totally unfounded.

Probably walking out in support of school ditchings.

Over the last couple of days there have been rumors flying around about a kid brining a gun to school.  It’s been investigated and the rumors were totally unfounded.

you should have pulled a squirt gun on the kids who did show up

It's happening everywhere, see chet's thread about his niece.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

McJose said:

What a small world. I'm brining some pork chops right now to grill for dinner.

Attendance has not been affected

I work in IT, and our procedures sometimes require us to generate a "hash" value for a file. (For non :nerd:  s, it's a long string of letters and numbers that can be used to check later to make sure the file hasn't been modified.)

Anyway, I ran one this morning and the value ended in "caca", and it pretty much made my day.

I usually put Hazel to bed and read her a couple of books, then show her a video or two on my phone (she loves the Eat Off vids).  Last night, I introduced her to Weird Al by playing Fat.  She laughed herself to sleep.  

Of course, she likes to tell her classmates at school about what she watches, so I'm sort of minor celebratory at William Walker Elementary in the Kinder circles.  Can't wait to hear how Fat went over today.

I usually put Hazel to bed and read her a couple of books, then show her a video or two on my phone (she loves the Eat Off vids).  Last night, I introduced her to Weird Al by playing Fat.  She laughed herself to sleep.  

Of course, she likes to tell her classmates at school about what she watches, so I'm sort of minor celebratory at William Walker Elementary in the Kinder circles.  Can't wait to hear how Fat went over today.
Oh, and if Shuke ever walked in the door next to Justin Bieber, they'd push Beebs out of the way to high-five the legendary Shuke.

They named a school after the wackadoo that took over Nicaragua?

Kick me while I'm down. 

I spent $1000 on the front end of my truck recently and now have to replace the rear wheel bearings which is $$$$ :wall: :wall:  

Normally that's just a kick in the nuts and I move on but I was told yesterday my position is being eliminated.  :(  They are going to keep me as long as they can and hopefully I can find employment in another department(big bank).  Now I need to jump into the resume thread to see how many pages my resume should be. :)  

On the positive side my daughter seems to be recovering well after her 4th knee surgery in the last 16 months and my oldest son decided on his college.  Such is the yin and yang of life.

Not looking for thoughts, prayers or good luck but just needed a safe place to vent.  Sometimes typing stuff out helps me organize my thoughts.  Thanks for listening.
I'm not that handy of a guy, but if my wheel bearing got hosed, its one of those things I think I could do myself if it was a $$$$ quote. You'll probably need a torque wrench and a star wrench, but the autoparts place you buy the bearings at will probably loan you these. Its not an easy job, but its more physically challenging than mentally. Good luck.

ETA here's a quick and dirty overview of the job

I'm not that handy of a guy, but if my wheel bearing got hosed, its one of those things I think I could do myself if it was a $$$$ quote. You'll probably need a torque wrench and a star wrench, but the autoparts place you buy the bearings at will probably loan you these. Its not an easy job, but its more physically challenging than mentally. Good luck.

ETA here's a quick and dirty overview of the job
I will tackle a lot of repairs but on the Tacoma's you need a specialized press and only the dealership has that tool.

In retrospect I wish I had done the front bearings myself but with work(oh the irony) couldn't find time to do it.

I will tackle a lot of repairs but on the Tacoma's you need a specialized press and only the dealership has that tool.

In retrospect I wish I had done the front bearings myself but with work(oh the irony) couldn't find time to do it.
I'd call the local auto parts places just to be sure. I've been amazed at some of the specialty items they have had and loaned to me. 

ETA Toyota and Lexus might make the best cars on the road, but the service department is a pack of liars

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this memo at work today:

Lying – it’s always wrong, but sometimes companies have to say things that aren’t 100% true.  Is that wrong?  No.  When companies aren’t truthful it’s not because they're bad, it’s because they understand things that you don’t.  People lie.  Companies protect their interests.  It’s different.

Lying – it’s always wrong, but sometimes companies have to say things that aren’t 100% true.  Is that wrong?  No.  When companies aren’t truthful it’s not because they're bad, it’s because they understand things that you don’t.  People lie.  Companies protect their interests.  It’s different.
you work either for the government.... or a financial industry firm?

No ####ing way.

Actually paid to watch a movie last night for the first time in several years (been getting 'em off HBO or Showtime or Netflix).  Rented Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.  Thought that was a very good movie.  I could watch Woody Harrelson and Frances McDormand in just about anything.  And....LESTER FREAMON!!!!  Well done.  Highly recommend.

This has been Kige Ramsey for Youtube Movies.

This also belongs in the great quotes thread.

Actually paid to watch a movie last night for the first time in several years (been getting 'em off HBO or Showtime or Netflix).  Rented Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.  Thought that was a very good movie.  I could watch Woody Harrelson and Frances McDormand in just about anything.  And....LESTER FREAMON!!!!  Well done.  Highly recommend.
You ever watch Treme?

Users who are viewing this thread