Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

A guy is sitting at a bar looking miserable.  After his third double in 10 minutes the bartender asks him what's wrong.

The guys says "There is this absolutely gorgeous woman at my work.  I mean this chick is the hottest thing around.   I finally scored a date with her tonight."

"Well, I would think you'd be happy about that." says the bartender.

"Yeah, you'd think so.  This girl is so freaking sexy that every time I see her I get a massive erection.  Never fails."

"So what happened?" the bartender asks.

"Well" the guys says "I was really afraid of getting a boner around her and creeping her out.  So I had a plan.  I taped my #### to my leg so if I did get a woody she wouldn't see it."

"And what happened?"

"I got to her house and she opened the door.  She looked even hotter than usual.  Just smokin'"

"And?"

"I kicked her in the face."

• Like 4
Just now, General Malaise said:

No, I've been meaning to do that.  Pretty good?

It's good.  Nowhere near as good as The Wires but good.

The guys that play Lester and Bunk are two of the main characters.  

22 minutes ago, McJose said:

It's good.  Nowhere near as good as The Wires but good.

The guys that play Lester and Bunk are two of the main characters.  

It was ok, honestly not sure if I finished the series or not.  Not super memorable, but it’s well done

i still need to finish season 5 of the wire BTW :bag:

10 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

It was ok, honestly not sure if I finished the series or not.  Not super memorable, but it’s well done

i still need to finish season 5 of the wire BTW :bag:

And you expect anyone to take your opinion on any TV show seriously?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, RC94 said:

Got this memo at work today:

Lying – it’s always wrong, but sometimes companies have to say things that aren’t 100% true.  Is that wrong?  No.  When companies aren’t truthful it’s not because they're bad, it’s because they understand things that you don’t.  People lie.  Companies protect their interests.  It’s different.

https://youtu.be/a1dibdSsLlc

10 hours ago, RC94 said:

Got this memo at work today:

Lying – it’s always wrong, but sometimes companies have to say things that aren’t 100% true.  Is that wrong?  No.  When companies aren’t truthful it’s not because they're bad, it’s because they understand things that you don’t.  People lie.  Companies protect their interests.  It’s different.

I missed you getting the job- congrats!.... I...uh....think.

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I missed you getting the job- congrats!.... I...uh....think.

That post was a joke, like 95% of my posts. 

2 interviews next week, though (not a joke), both are hopefully final round.  2 very different companies.  That said, I have had a lot of interviews and gone into the final round 5 times... and still looking.

Just now, RC94 said:

That post was a joke, like 95% of my posts. 

2 interviews next week, though (not a joke), both are hopefully final round.  2 very different companies.  That said, I have had a lot of interviews and gone into the final round 5 times... and still looking.

Good luck, man. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

My 9 year old told the teacher that another kid said the F word at recess.  I yelled at him and told him not to be a tattletale 

Did you tell him not to be a ####### tattletale?

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Oh and he walked in on me and the wife last night (forgot to lock the door).  Going with the “ignore it” strategy...

No wonder the f word traumatizes him.

13 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Here's something to cheer you up.  I'm 45, and listening to a 3 day old newborn cry in the next room.  :mellow:

You’re right.  That makes me feel better.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Here's something to cheer you up.  I'm 45, and listening to a 3 day old newborn cry in the next room.  :mellow:

Would you happen to be partially responsible for this newborn being in existence? 

@General Malaise @tommyboy

You know this guy? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLmL_OUdXk&feature=youtu.be

Did a Reddit AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/8c8f2t/im_a_news_reporter_in_portland_oregon_a_montage/

[–]Jon_Benet_Rambo 414 points 7 hours ago 

Do you have any funny stories from Vikings training camp?

[–]tault002 1010 points 6 hours ago 

It was in lovely Mankato, Minnesota, and I got there before camp and had time to kill. One night I went to a townie bar and joined a trivia team, and we ended up winning the prize. Which was.... Adult-themed. And designed for men. I took it back to my hotel room and threw it in the trash. The next morning the person who cleaned my room must have assumed I made a mistake, and took the "prize" out of the trash and placed it on the table

On 4/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, McJose said:

You'll like this too.  

At the end of the year we have a bunch of service organizations that give out awards to deserving students.  Kiwanis, Optimists, Elks, etc.  This is about the time of year where we have to nominate kids for said awards.

One of the groups is Alpha Kappa Alpha.  Each year they award a small scholarship to one of our female, African-American students (which at my school means that if you are a black girl you've got about a 1-out of-8 chance of winning that award).  

One of my students came in late just now because the principal was talking to her about "something called 'The Alpaca' award".  

You give black girls the “AKA award”? Any red flags for you folks there?

42 minutes ago, boom king said:

Pretty sure I’m signing my boys (pre-k and k) up for Taekwondo pretty soon. Anyone have experience with this? 

My Kindergartner has a guy come to school and do some short lessons and he loved it. 

Not as a parent, but I started taking shudokan lessons when I was young.  I didn't need to learn how to fight where I grew up, but it was more for my own discipline and controlling my temper.  I loved it and continued taking various kinds of martial arts lessons until college.

• Like 1

I think I’d rather be attacked by a pit bull then have to deal with a 13 year old girl with PMS.   Anyone want to buy a kid?  She doesn’t actually do anything useful and she only has two moods:  sullen and angry.  She could probably install Netflix if sufficiently motivated.

58 minutes ago, boom king said:

Pretty sure I’m signing my boys (pre-k and k) up for Taekwondo pretty soon. Anyone have experience with this? 

My Kindergartner has a guy come to school and do some short lessons and he loved it. 

My daughter loves it. It's a good activity for kids. The master of the dojang is the most important element. If he's good, you're good. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, boom king said:

My son did it for about 3 years.  Greatly helped with his confidence and coordination.  He got up to two levels below black and just wasn't into it any more.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

My daughter loves it. It's a good activity for kids. The master of the dojang is the most important element. If he's good, you're good. 

This. My daughter started at 5, and continued until she was 10 or 11. Made 2nd degree black belt. Then her school was sold, and it made all the difference. She tried another school, but it just felt like a belt mill. After 6 months the master didn't even know her name. She quit and started basketball instead.