Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4250

  • kevzilla

    3112

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

But would you wipe my butt?

Why wouldn’t you just get one of those hand held bidet sprayers?  Seems better than wiping butts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, strykerpks said:

But would you wipe my butt?

such a weird question but absolutely not unneeded & one that truly does need an answer

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

 

While it's doable if the stars align, with the way airlines have gone- 40mins seems like cutting it awfully close. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

 

Stay out of SFO if possible.  Constant delays and issues getting and out of there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, facook said:

Stay out of SFO if possible.  Constant delays and issues getting and out of there.

I was going to say the same, but about LAX, my least favorite US airport.  I’d do anything to avoid it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

 

Don't fly United. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

 

That’s pretty close. What airline?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I wasn't asking you guys to ##### about airports you hate (Dulles is awful, by the way) - just if making a connection with a 40 minute layover was possible in SFO & LAX.

 

Sorry, my point actually was that 40 minutes in SFO might not be enough if you are delayed landing (which I think I've always been) and your connection takes off on time.

Krista is correct that LAX sucks too, especially with that short of a layover and if you have to change terminals, which I think I always have had to do.  LAX is the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

 

Same airline?  If so yes. If you’re switching airlines you ain’t gonna make 40 minutes at LAX if you have to change terminals.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I wasn't asking you guys to ##### about airports you hate (Dulles is awful, by the way) - just if making a connection with a 40 minute layover was possible in SFO & LAX.

 

You realize that was our answer to your question, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I wasn't asking you guys to ##### about airports you hate (Dulles is awful, by the way) - just if making a connection with a 40 minute layover was possible in SFO & LAX.

 

I hate all of the NYC airports...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I wasn't asking you guys to ##### about airports you hate (Dulles is awful, by the way) - just if making a connection with a 40 minute layover was possible in SFO & LAX.

 

 

2 minutes ago, RC94 said:

I hate all of the NYC airports...

Someone should start a thread about the worst airports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

List of best airports would be a lot smaller, that's for sure.

Louisville has a great airport imo - unfortunately for non-natives (and Derby guests) its not of much use. And, during Derby week, it's not as good as I make it out to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

 

You’re better off going through PHX, DFW or DIA. IAH too.  And yeah, Dulles is a dump, but it’s the closest airport to you.  

Edited by Osaurus
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I wasn't asking you guys to ##### about airports you hate (Dulles is awful, by the way) - just if making a connection with a 40 minute layover was possible in SFO & LAX.

 

 

9 hours ago, El Floppo said:

While it's doable if the stars align, with the way airlines have gone- 40mins seems like cutting it awfully close. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

You’re better off going through PHX, DFW or DIA. IAH too.  And yeah, Dulles is a dump, but it’s the closest airport to you.  

SEA is a nice manageable airport where a 40-minute layover should work, too.

ETA:  Or do a 23-hour layover and we'll come take you somewhere fun.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

What dude-----the F'n scarf ain't up to yous standards?

Cinci-stylin' must be light-years ahead a Squirrel Valley - piss off!

You used that scarf as a KLEENEX, sir, and with Flop that will NOT stand.  It. Will. NOT. Stand.

Toothbrush joust at dawn!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

You used that scarf as a KLEENEX, sir, and with Flop that will NOT stand.  It. Will. NOT. Stand.

Toothbrush joust at dawn!

WTF - Fink?

Ain't that what scarvies are fer?

<shuked>

 

 

<packs toothbrush & prays>

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:
2 hours ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

You used that scarf as a KLEENEX, sir, and with Flop that will NOT stand.  It. Will. NOT. Stand.

Toothbrush joust at dawn!

WTF - Fink?

Ain't that what scarvies are fer?

<shuked>

 

 

<packs toothbrush & prays>

OK...let's roll...mutha'finka!

EDIT: NSFW - language

Edited by Man of Constant Sorrow
Fink'd it up!!!!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 10:29 AM, krista4 said:

I was going to say the same, but about LAX, my least favorite US airport.  I’d do anything to avoid it.

There's a series of signs at that airport that always make me cringe.  I will never understand why anyone would agree to that name of the airport law enforcement organization at that airport.

"LAX security."

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if I came of as d1ckish yesterday. It was one of those days, but I shouldn't have taken it in here. Thanks for the responses. 

I think I'll take krista's suggestion and layover for a day somewhere - prolly Seattle, as I've always wanted to see at least a little of that area - both going and returning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Apologies if I came of as d1ckish yesterday. It was one of those days, but I shouldn't have taken it in here. Thanks for the responses. 

I think I'll take krista's suggestion and layover for a day somewhere - prolly Seattle, as I've always wanted to see at least a little of that area - both going and returning.

:excited:  When is the trip?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -fish- said:

That's ridiculous.  Cats use edibles.

Are we meeting up tomorrow?  Mr krista has the night off, so you could get two for the price of one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Are we meeting up tomorrow?  Mr krista has the night off, so you could get two for the price of one.

We are doing a family dinner at the treatment facility at 6 p.m.   I'm not sure how long that takes, but probably an hour to an hour and a half.    Depending on which ferry I catch back, that puts me in Kingston at either 8:10 or 9:00.   I'm good with meeting for a margarita then, but if that's too late we can try for another day.  I'll be up there again next Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, -fish- said:

We are doing a family dinner at the treatment facility at 6 p.m.   I'm not sure how long that takes, but probably an hour to an hour and a half.    Depending on which ferry I catch back, that puts me in Kingston at either 8:10 or 9:00.   I'm good with meeting for a margarita then, but if that's too late we can try for another day.  I'll be up there again next Sunday.

Text me when you know which ferry you’re on?  Probably not too late for a margarita, but I’m hoping to drag him out for a hike early Wednesday morning so can’t be too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

i should be heading up to Seattle one of these weekends before June.  Will try to give as much notice to see if there are any cornholing possibilities.

Nice!  I’ll be gone Memorial Day weekend but otherwise should be around here somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...