What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (23 Viewers)

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.

I'm thinking of vacationing in Hawaii later this year. Are 40 minute layovers in SFO and LAX doable? It;s all domestic, so I'm thinking so. But I've never flown though either airport before.
While it's doable if the stars align, with the way airlines have gone- 40mins seems like cutting it awfully close. 

Stay out of SFO if possible.  Constant delays and issues getting and out of there.

I wasn't asking you guys to ##### about airports you hate (Dulles is awful, by the way) - just if making a connection with a 40 minute layover was possible in SFO & LAX.

I wasn't asking you guys to ##### about airports you hate (Dulles is awful, by the way) - just if making a connection with a 40 minute layover was possible in SFO & LAX.
Sorry, my point actually was that 40 minutes in SFO might not be enough if you are delayed landing (which I think I've always been) and your connection takes off on time.

Krista is correct that LAX sucks too, especially with that short of a layover and if you have to change terminals, which I think I always have had to do.  LAX is the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

Same airline?  If so yes. If you’re switching airlines you ain’t gonna make 40 minutes at LAX if you have to change terminals.

You’re better off going through PHX, DFW or DIA. IAH too.  And yeah, Dulles is a dump, but it’s the closest airport to you.  

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re better off going through PHX, DFW or DIA. IAH too.  And yeah, Dulles is a dump, but it’s the closest airport to you.  
SEA is a nice manageable airport where a 40-minute layover should work, too.

ETA:  Or do a 23-hour layover and we'll come take you somewhere fun.

I was going to say the same, but about LAX, my least favorite US airport.  I’d do anything to avoid it.
There's a series of signs at that airport that always make me cringe.  I will never understand why anyone would agree to that name of the airport law enforcement organization at that airport.

"LAX security."

Apologies if I came of as d1ckish yesterday. It was one of those days, but I shouldn't have taken it in here. Thanks for the responses. 

I think I'll take krista's suggestion and layover for a day somewhere - prolly Seattle, as I've always wanted to see at least a little of that area - both going and returning.

Apologies if I came of as d1ckish yesterday. It was one of those days, but I shouldn't have taken it in here. Thanks for the responses. 

I think I'll take krista's suggestion and layover for a day somewhere - prolly Seattle, as I've always wanted to see at least a little of that area - both going and returning.
:excited:  When is the trip?

Are we meeting up tomorrow?  Mr krista has the night off, so you could get two for the price of one.
We are doing a family dinner at the treatment facility at 6 p.m.   I'm not sure how long that takes, but probably an hour to an hour and a half.    Depending on which ferry I catch back, that puts me in Kingston at either 8:10 or 9:00.   I'm good with meeting for a margarita then, but if that's too late we can try for another day.  I'll be up there again next Sunday.

We are doing a family dinner at the treatment facility at 6 p.m.   I'm not sure how long that takes, but probably an hour to an hour and a half.    Depending on which ferry I catch back, that puts me in Kingston at either 8:10 or 9:00.   I'm good with meeting for a margarita then, but if that's too late we can try for another day.  I'll be up there again next Sunday.
Text me when you know which ferry you’re on?  Probably not too late for a margarita, but I’m hoping to drag him out for a hike early Wednesday morning so can’t be too late.

i should be heading up to Seattle one of these weekends before June.  Will try to give as much notice to see if there are any cornholing possibilities.

i should be heading up to Seattle one of these weekends before June.  Will try to give as much notice to see if there are any cornholing possibilities.
Nice!  I’ll be gone Memorial Day weekend but otherwise should be around here somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread