What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

for all the kvetching about potential voter fraud maybe we could clean some of that up by not having uncle Hieronymous and aunt Bertha volunteering at the polls

they aren't even strong enough to turn the pages of the voter roll, much less to stay awake and alert all day checking ID's and names. it surely doesn't help that their junior assistants are 20 years past retirement age, either.

good lawd
When I used to have every Election Day off I worked with my grandma (who was probably in her 80’s at the time), she didn’t  need the book. She knew where you lived, where your parents lived, and if you drove up the street too fast.

12-13 hours for about $100. You aren’t going to get anybody but senior citizens or heroin addicts for that. 

It should be treated like jury duty, except you can pay $150 to get out of it, then the actual workers split the pot from everybody who is “too important” to support the election process.

But yes, every single aspect of setting up the actual voting machines fell to me. They were terrified when they brought in electronic machines to replace the ones with the mechanical curtain and levers.

Wouldn’t anyone be able to tell if they didn’t know?
Several of my local beer :nerd: friends did a blind tasting between several brands of mass-produced swill a month or so back (IIRC, Miller Lite, Bud Light, Coors Light, Busch Light, Bud, Corona and PBR, and maybe 1 or 2 others).  There are definite flavor differences, especially when they're not freezer-cold.  

Rolled my ankle walking out of the Tigers game earlier (after some day drinking)

now feels like someone smashed the top of my foot with a hammer 

Possibly last roverkid update:  somehow she passed geometry, even though she couldn’t get any instruction, couldn’t ask questions, and got no partial credit for any missed answers.  She started biology on Tuesday and is 1/4 through the class with an A so far.  Her biggest goal right now is to get a day pass to see Avengers Endgame.   

I’m currently fighting Berkshire Hathaway over my cancellation fees for our spring break trip since they don’t cover mental health issues.

She has floor seats to Ariana Grande on April 27.  I’m trying to work the system so she can go. 

Since I now live on the Kingston/Edmonds ferry I’m pretty sure I can show up unannounced at your house on any given day.
Meet you at Puerto Vallarta in Kingston.  We'll drink Sunset Margaritas and toast to forums gone by.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm supposed to be camping tomorrow night, but weather and a crappy head cold might prevent it.  Will make the call in the morning.  Text me if you're going to be around?
I will definitely be around.  Have to go to family counseling at the treatment center.  Walking on from Kingston, so back around 6

McJose said:
Lot of good points there IMO, although I'm not sure I get the motivation to light yourself on fire (other than pure frustration).

I'm also not sure why anyone in their right mind discusses politics on the internet period. Moving that stuff to its own forum has been great. I've gone over a few times and even posted a few times and always regret it almost immediately. 

It is taking Fedex 4 days to ship my package 70 miles from NJ to NY. It's a 2 hour drive. They also changed my delivery date without explanation. I'm not sure if I'll be able to carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread