What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

I'm out.  Akj9 suited. Flop had k.  3 way with 2 all in.  Ran into aa.  10 , k, j, 9 would have scooped for 160k.      Finished 63rd.  Won like 3400

Had 54k in this hand.  Blinds were 3k 6k.

About an hour before,  I had 14k and went blind all in with 669q. And hit a six.  Comedy. 

Then chipped up to 54 k and won an extra 500 or 600.  

Jeff Madsen was ####### comedy.   We started doing beers at every pay level at around 81 left

Thanks to GB cav for railing me via text to the end 

6th wsop cash.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my doctor's portal to request a refill. The medical assistant politely responded that since I was not on that medication, I would have come see the doc. I politely responded that I was looking at the bottle with his name on it, that I had been on this medication for two years, and to call my cell if she couldn't fill the prescription by the end of the day. I did not tell her that I should have been told one of the possible side effects of this pill is taint gangrene, but it's still early.
UPDATE: She didn't call me back. She left a message on the portal stating that she couldn't find this prescription in the current or legacy system. I had to go to Walgreens on Saturday morning and beg them for three pills to get me through Monday. Yesterday, I called the doctor's office and made it clear that although they were still working with Bruce Banner, the other guy was seething under the surface. They called back in the afternoon and told me they had refilled it. Which would be great, but then Walgreens was out of stock. They got re-supplied this morning, while I took a sample pill with an expiration date of last August.

I've been in the business of healthcare reimbursement for 30 years. I've had the same doctor and pharmacy for 20 years. I can't imagine what a grind this is for the rest of you schmoes.

:rant:  

UPDATE: She didn't call me back. She left a message on the portal stating that she couldn't find this prescription in the current or legacy system. I had to go to Walgreens on Saturday morning and beg them for three pills to get me through Monday. Yesterday, I called the doctor's office and made it clear that although they were still working with Bruce Banner, the other guy was seething under the surface. They called back in the afternoon and told me they had refilled it. Which would be great, but then Walgreens was out of stock. They got re-supplied this morning, while I took a sample pill with an expiration date of last August.

I've been in the business of healthcare reimbursement for 30 years. I've had the same doctor and pharmacy for 20 years. I can't imagine what a grind this is for the rest of you schmoes.

It’s the worst

Dave news. JT is his son.

JT had a huge day with Dave! Hes moving his head slightly to follow people in the room. Responding to commands like lick your lips. PT stretched him, put him in a chair the speech therapy put a piece on his trech and told him he can talk and say hello. He did it faintly. Hes still in a fog but making huge progress

Just went through an excruciating prescription transfer from Walgreen’s to CVS Crapmark Specialty Pharmacy (against my will).  Evidently most insurers only cover up to 60 days per prescription fill. How do you get exactly 60 days out of an 84 day supply syringe? Hmmmm...act of Congress time.  Sooooo bad.  

I have way too many friends losing their children to suicide.  Another one - probably my best friend in Seattle - lost her teenage son yesterday.  Just one of many.  I don't even know what to say, other than I've reached out many times today to talk, which she has taken me up on even though I'm not even a mother.  And I am paying for her to get to the funeral (she's one of my dirt-poor hiking friends and her child was in Iowa).  But truly...I don't know what to do.  She's blaming herself, which I can help talk her down from.  But I can't tell her it's going to get better anytime soon.  It won't.

And for some reason I'm highly upset about the four climbers that have been stranded on Rainier for several days.  It doesn't look promising for them, which really has me down.

Sigh.  Hi everyone.

nothing to add @krista4  keep loving your friend.  love yourself.  and keep being yourself!  you are an incredibly awesome internet person,  ;)  that makes the world a better place.

i mentioned this in here, but a kid in my daughter's school hung himself, in the middle of the night, at school, a few months ago.  last week, my stud kid (12 years old), called the mother, of one of her friends.  because the friend was bragging about cutting herself and was actually doing it, slightly, at school.*   :eek:   she also went to the office and reported it to the school counselor.  that took some serious gumption, but also just seemed like a normal thing and the right thing to do, according to my daughter.  i think perspective is slowly changing about suicide, for the better 

*middle school girls are the worst

nothing to add @krista4  keep loving your friend.  love yourself.  and keep being yourself!  you are an incredibly awesome internet person,  ;)  that makes the world a better place.

i mentioned this in here, but a kid in my daughter's school hung himself, in the middle of the night, at school, a few months ago.  last week, my stud kid (12 years old), called the mother, of one of her friends.  because the friend was bragging about cutting herself and was actually doing it, slightly, at school.*   :eek:   she also went to the office and reported it to the school counselor.  that took some serious gumption, but also just seemed like a normal thing and the right thing to do, according to my daughter.  i think perspective is slowly changing about suicide, for the better 

*middle school girls are the worst
Wow.  That’s amazing.  Makes me feel better about the world.

Osaurus said:
In other news, my Wisconsin trip over Labor Day weekend will now include a visit to Taliesin, Cave of the Mounds and New Glarus Brewery. Hooray good beer.  :banned:
when you first walk in- make sure to walk in a crouch... as if you're about 5'1" tall (unless you're actually 5'1" tall). FLW was a master of proportion for tiny people... aka, himself.

when you first walk in- make sure to walk in a crouch... as if you're about 5'1" tall (unless you're actually 5'1" tall). FLW was a master of proportion for tiny people... aka, himself.
When the SC Johnson building opened, everyone said it had the worst furniture ever for functionality.  Form is clearly everything  :lol:

I get to see 11yo floppinho play Radiohead with his school of rock group on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. 

Saturday night, I get to see Parquet Courts from backstage of Central Park Summer Stage- because floppinho and a few other kids who sang a backing track on PQ's last album (song- Death Will Bring Change) get to sing it live with the band in front of the thousands or tens of thousands of people who will be there. 

going to be a good weekend.

Osaurus said:
In other news, my Wisconsin trip over Labor Day weekend will now include a visit to Taliesin, Cave of the Mounds and New Glarus Brewery. Hooray good beer.  :banned:
I went to Taliesin last year; it’s very cool.  Be sure to reserve faaaar in advance so you can get the tour type and time you want.

When the SC Johnson building opened, everyone said it had the worst furniture ever for functionality.  Form is clearly everything  :lol:
I'm envious you're getting to see Taliesin though. I took a tour of the one in Arizona... but I'm thinking it was polluted with crazy west coast hippy stuff.

I'm envious you're getting to see Taliesin though. I took a tour of the one in Arizona... but I'm thinking it was polluted with crazy west coast hippy stuff.
I was nearby in March when I was in Phoenix, but didn’t go. All the time I spent in Wisconsin and never went there. House on the Rock? You bet. Taliesin? Nope. Doing a four hour estate tour. Fancy.

krista4 said:
I have way too many friends losing their children to suicide.  Another one - probably my best friend in Seattle - lost her teenage son yesterday.  Just one of many.  I don't even know what to say, other than I've reached out many times today to talk, which she has taken me up on even though I'm not even a mother.  And I am paying for her to get to the funeral (she's one of my dirt-poor hiking friends and her child was in Iowa).  But truly...I don't know what to do.  She's blaming herself, which I can help talk her down from.  But I can't tell her it's going to get better anytime soon.  It won't.

And for some reason I'm highly upset about the four climbers that have been stranded on Rainier for several days.  It doesn't look promising for them, which really has me down.

Sigh.  Hi everyone.
Mt. Rainier climbers rescued

I was nearby in March when I was in Phoenix, but didn’t go. All the time I spent in Wisconsin and never went there. House on the Rock? You bet. Taliesin? Nope. Doing a four hour estate tour. Fancy.
there is also a crummy old franko building that is in richland center that you could go and see if that is your thing it is about a 40 minute driver or faster if you got the windows down brandy cranked and your sunglasses on take that to the bank bromigo

Users who are viewing this thread