Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

I have the option to return.  99.8% that I will not.  Buck toothed Neanderthals, ABC Islands, computer gobbledy####,  be damned.  It’s been in the works for a while   Today was a tipping point .  I chose to ride towards the sunset   :shrug:  

I chose the wrong time to do 21 days of no drinky. 

Feels good.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:
23 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

her name is Pornanong Phatlum

Never understood why she wears tight black pants to play golf when it’s100 degrees 

Her legs all scarred up or what?

she fell out of a tree when she was young

that how she got her name

it was the sound she made when she hit the ground

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

 

And I guess I’m a significant security risk because if I enter the door lock code and I’m heading into the office when someone is getting to the door with a heavy box in their hands, I’m going to let them in rather than closing the door on them forcing them to put the box down and enter the code themselves while glaring at me through the glass. And in case you didn’t know, that’s a social engineering tactic called “tailgating”  to gain unauthorized entry.

But I think I’m good on the Smishing part.

Had this happen to me years ago.  I had site access to one of our customers (had a desk there, worked from there a few days a week).  Anyway I’m walking up with a few big boxes, forgot my badge.  Wait for someone to come by, go to walk in after the guy and he stops and goes to shut the door on me.  I tell him I forgot my badge and my desk is literally on the other side of the door.  He begrudgingly let me in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any of you people still play magic football?

I got a trade offer in my dynasty league involving future draft picks and on paper it seems promising. Just need some advises.

 

 

 

I'll show my rooster to any and all takers 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Any of you people still play magic football?

I got a trade offer in my dynasty league involving future draft picks and on paper it seems promising. Just need some advises.

 

 

 

I'll show my rooster to any and all takers 

Love dynasty.  :nerd:  Let's see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, facook said:

Love dynasty.  :nerd:  Let's see it.

 

22 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I get...Edwards-hillaire and Smith-schuster

 

I give...Claypool, 2021 3rd round, 2022, 2nd round pick, 2023 1st round pick

 

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

 

My RBs of note... connor, mixon, d harris, gaskins, dillon ,adp pollard, bernard

WRs...Adams, Bhopkins, cooks, perriman, clayton, kirk

 

19 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

We keep 26 players out of 31...5 rounds of drafting, first two are all rookies. I'm usually picking towards the back of the 1st and 2nd rounds, so rarely get a shot at the top RBs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

 

 

 

 

I'd do it.  Rookie draft picks are generally overvalued in dynasty imo, especially when you know they'll be late in the rounds.  Claypool is pretty darn good, but he won't have Ben past next year.  Juju could be going to a better situation for him next year (I don't think Pitt keeps him).  CEH has almost no where to go but up...he isn't going to be what people thought before this year but you want pieces of KC's offense and you're getting at least a solid #2 rb if not a stud in coming years.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, facook said:

Juju could be going to a better situation for him next year (I don't think Pitt keeps him).

To a team without a future HOF QB feeding him the ball? :)

I'd agree that I'll also be a little surprised if he's kept in Pittsburgh.  He's supposedly a pretty good dude, and he does a lot of stuff in the community, but if he's going to want "true #1 WR money" they're likely going to let him walk.  He's a really good(not elite) WR, blocks like a boss, but ever since Crazy Tony left town and he's drawn the top coverage from defenses he's been a much less dynamic player than he appeared he was going to be his first couple years in the NFL.

It's not completely beyond the pale that he stays in Pittsburgh either, which upon reflection might be the best thing for him (on the field, not in the bank account):  QB and coach trust him, he knows the system, and while Pittsburgh has too many good targets to let him turn into some crazy PPR hog/TD machine in most seasons, it also means that there will be weeks that defense choose to roll the coverage away from JuJu and he is certainly talented enough to punish them when they do that.

I'd still make the deal, but I'd go into it with eyes wide open.  In a year, JuJu could be "OBJ'd" if he goes for a big deal with a team without a good quarterback.  

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

To a team without a future HOF QB feeding him the ball? :)

I'd agree that I'll also be a little surprised if he's kept in Pittsburgh.  He's supposedly a pretty good dude, and he does a lot of stuff in the community, but if he's going to want "true #1 WR money" they're likely going to let him walk.  He's a really good(not elite) WR, blocks like a boss, but ever since Crazy Tony left town and he's drawn the top coverage from defenses he's been a much less dynamic player than he appeared he was going to be his first couple years in the NFL.

It's not completely beyond the pale that he stays in Pittsburgh either, which upon reflection might be the best thing for him (on the field, not in the bank account):  QB and coach trust him, he knows the system, and while Pittsburgh has too many good targets to let him turn into some crazy PPR hog/TD machine in most seasons, it also means that there will be weeks that defense choose to roll the coverage away from JuJu and he is certainly talented enough to punish them when they do that.

I'd still make the deal, but I'd go into it with eyes wide open.  In a year, JuJu could be "OBJ'd" if he goes for a big deal with a team without a good quarterback.  

Yes the quarterback thing could stink, but if he went somewhere where he could be a good 1b to the 1a, I think he'd be much more productive.  As you said, he's not a true #1 and there are too many good receivers in Pitt for him to produce ff #s to his abilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:
  2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I get...Edwards-hillaire and Smith-schuster

 

I give...Claypool, 2021 3rd round, 2022, 2nd round pick, 2023 1st round pick

No way I do that. Claypool is going to be a stud and Helaire is not all that he seems to be. You're also giving WAY too many draft picks away.

:nerd: 

Edited by Mr.Pack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

 

 

 

 

No way I do that trade. C Claypool is going to be a stud no matter who gets him the ball.
CEH is dependent on A Reid's game plan and not going RBBC.

Juju is a good WR2 but that's it.

Your trading a stud and a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for a good player(Juju) and maybe a stud.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

This. 

 

Too many draft picks. Maybe if you keep the 1st or 2nd draft pick. 

Meh.  Rookie picks are ridonkulously overrated, unless its one of the first few.

43 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

*alert, etc*

Our trade deadline passed a week ago.

 

But thanks...genuinely...for your advises.

I put on a scarf and everything before I posted all that.  😑

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Meh.  Rookie picks are ridonkulously overrated, unless its one of the first few.

I put on a scarf and everything before I posted all that.  😑

I'm with you on the rookie picks. I typically value a known starter more than a pick...and imo starting RB is worth a 1st round pick, especially late 1st round. 

That said, I usually end up with a decent WR at the end of the 1st.

But looks like I'll have to wait until the off-season for the trade regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shuke said:

Get this football #### the #### out of here.

 

What’s it hurting...this thread lacks activity and regularly drops 3 or 4 pages in the FFA. Plus we got to see Flop’s rooster. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, boilerdave said:

What’s it hurting...this thread lacks activity and regularly drops 3 or 4 pages in the FFA. Plus we got to see Flop’s rooster. 

Seeing Flop's rooster is better than seeing his rooster flop

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

Meh.  Rookie picks are ridonkulously overrated, unless its one of the first few.

I put on a scarf and everything before I posted all that.  😑

That’s why you keep them. And use them for the overvalue. I got metcalf and Marvin Jones for the 1.02 this year. 

Hi shuuuuukie!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, shuke said:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS NEED ON MONDAY NIGHT?!

A walk in the neighborhood without the risk of getting hit by a car whose driver doesn’t acknowledge that space between their driveway and the street?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, shuke said:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS NEED ON MONDAY NIGHT?!

A nice, 15 year old single malt ( rocks) served in a vintage Air Jordan, with a side of macaroni topped with bean/meat sauce.  Maybe finish the night off listening to ####ty Pixies covers, nibbling a slice of honeydew, while I shop for a new house online .

Better?

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

A nice, 15 year old single malt ( rocks) served in a vintage Air Jordan, with a side of macaroni topped with bean/meat sauce.  Maybe finish the night off listening to ####ty Pixies covers, nibbling a slice of honeydew, while I shop for a new house online .

Better?

You mind if I copy this? Was looking for something to do Monday night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, shuke said:

Speaking of, is it time to sell these?  I see listings on ebay that are getting bids > $1k.

 

In that M Jordan doc they showed him playing a game in one of his older versions.
At the end of the game his feet were bleeding and he could barely walk, so sell.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let me preface this by saying I am not a gun guy ...never was ...and I live in Arkansas.  

My son is a big hunter and so are almost everyone one of my friends.

But if you're in the camp with this guy - we can't be friends.  This pretentious POS needs a serious beatdown.  

https://twitter.com/i/status/1335855946405437440

 

ETA:  if I was this kid's dad I would make a visit that particular store Santa and give him a Nerf Gun enema.  

Edited by Binky The Doormat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Let me preface this by saying I am not a gun guy ...never was ...and I live in Arkansas.  

My son is a big hunter and so are almost everyone one of my friends.

But if you're in the camp with this guy - we can't be friends.  This pretentious POS needs a serious beatdown.  

https://twitter.com/i/status/1335855946405437440

 

ETA:  if I was this kid's dad I would make a visit that particular store Santa and give him a Nerf Gun enema.  

holy #### the video immediately below of "the real Santa" is terrifying

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, belljr said:

My wife has a new schtick.  She wants to hold conversations while I'm in the shower and she's doing her teeth/eyes etc. Then she gets pissed when I ask What? A billion times.

Thanks covid

My wife like to talk to me while in another room, or walking the other direction from me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rebuilt my PC back in May and the super awesome solid state drive I bought decided to flat out die last night. New one should be here tomorrow, but naturally I have to install a #### ton of things on it to get it back up and running. At least the warranty should get me a replacement some day, but doesn’t do me any good right now. Yay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Same. It’s basically like talking to Charlie Brown’s teacher. 

Preach.  Plus, my bride is kind of a "low talker" to boot. 

FADE IN - Your hero's wife is two rooms away from where he sits, walking into a third in the opposite direction. He happens to be on a call wearing headphones.

OFFSCREEN, FEMALE LEAD - Her: *undistinguishable mumble*
CUT TO CU, DOG - Milhouse(at male lead's feet): *mildly cocks head to left*
CUT TO CU, MALE LEAD - Me: "What's up buddy?"
OFFSCREEN, FEMALE LEAD - Her: *undistinguishable mumble from a little closer*
CUT TO CU, DOG - Milhouse(at male lead's feet): *stands up*
CUT TO MED SHOT,  MALE LEAD - Me (taking off headphones): "You okay, dude?"
CUT TO MED SHOT,  FEMALE LEAD - Her (now in my office door): "Why aren't you answering me?"
CUT TO MED SHOT,  MALE LEAD - Me: "I was on a call, were you standing there the whole time?"
CUT TO MED SHOT,  FEMALE LEAD - Her: "No, I was walking into the kitchen (3 rooms away), but I asked you XYZ."
CUT TO MED SHOT,  MALE LEAD - Me: "Oh, I couldn't hear you. Headphones."
CUT TO MED SHOT,  FEMALE LEAD - Her: "YOU NEED YOUR HEARING CHECKED!" *walks off without an answer and begins to ask another question as she retreats*

FADE TO CREDITS

A reasonable facsimile of that happened probably at least once a week prior to quarantining.  Now?  I stopped counting.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...