Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

18 hours ago, cstu said:

19 hours ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Most terrifying words in the world: when my wife says "I have an idea..."

I thought it was "Can I ask you a question?"

"we need to talk"

5 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

"we need to talk"

These are all forboding.

My wife just happens to come up with neat ideas more often than she says those other phrases.

And those ideas are guaranteed to occupy, at a minimum, an afternoon of my time, cost boatloads, or both.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I, for one, am SHOCKED there are people in this world who might suggest people jumping into second marriages are out of their ####ing gourds.

:lmao:

Wife 2.0 is absolutely an amazing woman but she is, still, you know, a woman.

And the few real issues we do have all stem from my baggage from having picked an absolutely horrible spouse the first time around.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

i have permanently erect nipples

there i said it

is there a medical reason for this??

I hate to be the one to break it to you...ball cancer.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

:lmao:

Wife 2.0 is absolutely an amazing woman but she is, still, you know, a woman.

And the few real issues we do have all stem from my baggage from having picked an absolutely horrible spouse the first time around.

I'm happy for you, gb.  Not sure why you feel you need to address a completely generic statement that could have applied to anybody who made such a decision.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm happy for you, gb.  Not sure why you feel you need to address a completely generic statement that could have applied to anybody who made such a decision.

The timing seemed at least coincidental.

Is Furley on his second marriage?

4 hours ago, Abraham said:

Is our Austin cornhile happening Monday?  @bentley isn't much of a planner if there aren't cameras around. 

And actually I have people that take care of the planning when they are. Should have delegated this to PR chick.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of overthinking things. In honor of our guest from out of town, I think we should pick an Austin classic rather than some obscure east side spot that I would normally pick like Shangri-La or the Brixton.

So, let's cornhole Monday at 7 pm at the bar at The Driskill. Classic Austin scene, good drinks and easy access to any number of other restaurants or locations.

1 minute ago, bentley said:

And actually I have people that take care of the planning when they are. Should have delegated this to PR chick.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of overthinking things. In honor of our guest from out of town, I think we should pick an Austin classic rather than some obscure east side spot that I would normally pick like Shangri-La or the Brixton.

So, let's cornhole Monday at 7 pm at the bar at The Driskill. Classic Austin scene, good drinks and easy access to any number of other restaurants or locations.

Mean Eyed Cat IMO

7 minutes ago, bentley said:

Just checked the menu at the Driskill Grill.  No boneless wings.  Lame.

13 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Man I could go for some wings.

I started to 'make' my own.  buy some drumettes and wing portions.  flour, cayenne, corn starch.  fry for 10, bake at 350 for 30.  wa la.  I do buy bdubs sauce though.

• Like 1

sitting on the family couch Friday night. wife, me and the youngest. oldest was at a sleepover.

my 5 year old looks at me: :excited: "dad! there's a bird in the house!!!  LOOK AT THE CAAAAAAAAAAAATS!!"

my wife: :oldunsure: uh, can you go... check on that "bird"?  (pulls a blanket over her and the kid)

me: i didn't see anything :mellow:

meanwhile the cats are bouncing up and down, chattering and trying to catch the "bird". 

i wandered in to the kitchen. cats are on the counter looking up on top of our cabinets and sure enough, it's a ####### bat.

so i did what any responsible parent would do. put the kid on the steps upstairs, shut the door, opened the front door of the house and waited outside until that mother####er evacuated the premises. :mellow:

• Like 3