What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

:lol:

So is fully grown or kitten the way to go. Do you just let them roam? Crate?

And can't I just ask for a non popp stamping cat

Whatever.  Kittens are cool but more work.  Adult cats may already be #######s but should easily figure out where to ####

I'm typically not in favor of declaw but previous cat did some work on a new table despite having ample scratching stuff.  At the end of the day the cat didn't really seem to mind, but if the cat will be an outdoor cat I wouldn't ever consider it

get a kitten.  don't feed it corn dogs or whatever GM fattens up his #### stamp cats.  cats are cool.

i'm probably getting my first dog next year.  fml? 

we love boxers but are concerned about the size and activity level.  my buddy has always had one, and the most recent one DESTROYED all sorts of #### around the house when he was a puppy.  not sure if i want that much destructive power.  great dogs though.

Whatever.  Kittens are cool but more work.  Adult cats may already be #######s but should easily figure out where to ####

I'm typically not in favor of declaw but previous cat did some work on a new table despite having ample scratching stuff.  At the end of the day the cat didn't really seem to mind, but if the cat will be an outdoor cat I wouldn't ever consider it

do not declaw. this is ripping out the ends of their little fingers. not "like" ripping out. ripping out. the claws are easy to trim.

get two... I hate to say. and whether they're kittens or full-grown... get them from a rescue- not pure bred. and ideally from the same litter or having been in the same foster/jail setup if adult rescues. kittens are ridiculous though- worth the investment of some shredded household items.

where's freaking tanner when we need him. and k4. wtf. I'm too busy with my butter slacks to deal with this. (cats can be pretty great, btw- big fan of them and dogs)

Boxer imo
Only if you enjoy having an eternal puppy until the day he decides to up and die on you.  In general, of course.

tl;dr: Boxers can be awesome, but if you aren't pretty active, or willing to be pretty active, don't get one.  You will both wind up pretty frustrated.  They're a working dog, so they need to work.

Good friend from college's parents had a couple of boxers throughout his childhood/later when I knew him.  They were super, super high energy and, seemingly, perpetually youthful.  There was no "slow decline" for theirs, and I've heard the same from a couple other boxer owners.  "Go, go, go, go!! Then check out."  They need quite a bit of activity and you're probably signing on to have "a puppy"(mannerisms and stubbornness-wise, not housebreaking-wise) for a pretty good stretch.  They also have a pretty strong prey drive. The breed loves to worry stuff to pieces, if not trained out of it early, and even then they're still probably going to love tug of war/etc.

Pretty sure our knucklehead is part boxer.  Rescue wasn't sure, but he has most of the mannerisms of my buddy's pure breeds.   He can be flat out awesome(used to do agility stuff with him.  Used to race him. He's super obedient when given a "task.").....or he can be a stubborn ####### who acts like a puppy even though now he's almost 4 and knows better.  No real middle ground.  Guess which one he prefers?  Poor guy has had it a little rough this year with all our moving/breaking his routine/not getting to do his normal stuff, so I get it, but there are days when I'd be happier if he would just chill the eff out for 15 minutes instead of constantly testing boundaries. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, don't declaw them.  IMO.  Just trim their nails with the same thing you use. Give them a scratching post too.  Not their fault you've trapped them inside your house.  Honestly, if you can, let them out to enjoy cat life.  They will come back for food.  Unless a coyote gets them or they find wherever K4 is living because the cat will choose her over you, which will happen when they dine on rib roast and crab and contemplate boat buying all day.

I'd probably get another cat one day.  Cool cats are great, but dickish cats that are so fat they can't clean their bungholes leaving little poo prints when they sit on your furniture like a circular hand-stamper a bouncer gives you really blows.
Visual evidence you shouldn't declaw them:

http://imgur.com/VqnQ6Mv

Only if you enjoy having an eternal puppy until the day he decides to up and die on you.  In general, of course.

tl;dr: Boxers can be awesome, but if you aren't pretty active, or willing to be pretty active, don't get one.  You will both wind up pretty frustrated.  They're a working dog, so they need to work.

Good friend from college's parents had a couple of boxers throughout his childhood/later when I knew him.  They were super, super high energy and, seemingly, perpetually youthful.  There was no "slow decline" for theirs, and I've heard the same from a couple other boxer owners.  "Go, go, go, go!! Then check out."  They need quite a bit of activity and you're probably signing on to have "a puppy"(mannerisms and stubbornness-wise, not housebreaking-wise) for a pretty good stretch.  They also have a pretty strong prey drive. The breed loves to worry stuff to pieces, if not trained out of it early, and even then they're still probably going to love tug of war/etc.

Pretty sure our knucklehead is part boxer.  Rescue wasn't sure, but he has most of the mannerisms of my buddy's pure breeds.   He can be flat out awesome(used to do agility stuff with him.  Used to race him. He's super obedient when given a "task.").....or he can be a stubborn ####### who acts like a puppy even though now he's almost 4 and knows better.  No real middle ground.  Guess which one he prefers?  Poor guy has had it a little rough this year with all our moving/breaking his routine/not getting to do his normal stuff, so I get it, but there are days when I'd be happier if he would just chill the eff out for 15 minutes instead of constantly testing boundaries. 
You have to train them.  I have a 5 year old.  Yes, very high energy as puppies.  Also very trainable.  They're a very intelligent breed, and they pick things up very quickly.  You can train most anything out of them if you're willing to put in a little time.  If you're not willing to put a little time into a dog, maybe consider a sugar glider.  At 5, yes, ours is probably still higher energy than 5 year olds of other breeds, but nowhere near what she was as a puppy.  She spends a good portion of her day sitting on my wife's feet, under her desk while she works from home.  Tug of war was certainly a big puppy game.  Now I can't get her to play it.  She won't wrestle with me anymore either (and was smart enough to learn quickly that behavior like that was only acceptable with me). 

But she also thinks she's a lap dog at 65 pounds, has endured all the ear pulling and pinching and pushing and everything else that comes from a child who adores dogs and just wants them to pay attention to her, often sleeps with my daughter, occasionally serving as her pillow, and never fails to listen when given a command, even when it means she's giving up food or a splintered bone or a delicious looking rabbit who is violating the sanctity of her yard.  The chew impulse is the one thing that will never go away.  We went through a lot of toys before we found a couple she couldn't completely destroy inside an hour.  Unless it squeeks.  Those poor squeekers won't survive 15 minutes inside something before they're a chewed up mess on the floor.  And the licking.  Very affectionate dogs.

They're not for everybody.  If you want to be lazy and have a dog you don't have to train or take for a walk/hike, they would be a nightmare.  I'll probably never own another breed, though. 

My mom loved ferrets.  We had about 7 of them I can remember, including the esteemed Ferret Fawcet.  Some were cool; others were nightmares. I always enjoyed it when buddies would crash at my house after a night of partying and I'd neglect to tell them about the free roaming ferrets that would think nothing of climbing into bed or on the sofa with them.  Friend of mine from Arkansas awoke screaming in a thick southern accent "FORREST!!!  THERE'S A ####### SQUIRREL ON ME!!!!". :lmao:
Ferret Fawcet :lmao:  

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Healthy boy born at 556am on election day.  So there is hope. 
Congrats, I'm happy for you. Please do not name him DOnald

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. I wrote a semi-rant yesterday on Facebook encouraging people on both sides to chill out, reach across the aisle to find commonalities, and work together for a better world. And apparently it's gone sort of viral in my area. Makes me a little uncomfortable. 

Huh. I wrote a semi-rant yesterday on Facebook encouraging people on both sides to chill out, reach across the aisle to find commonalities, and work together for a better world. And apparently it's gone sort of viral in my area. Makes me a little uncomfortable. 
care to post it here?

I tried something similar (pointing out that a lot of people predicting the end of America this week were mocking a lot of other folks for predicting the end of America 4/8 years ago, and vice-versa). Not even a rant, really, just hoping the people on my feed could move forward like adults. Got a bunch of likes from friends on both sides, which felt kind of good.  

Then this morning some of those same folks were posting "Herp, derp, WE didn't march in protest 8 years ago", "Herp, derp, lol yeah we were busy having JOBS".  I guess I could have snarked back that maybe they'd prefer the protesters all go load up on guns & ammo like they did. Instead, I just put up a status about being "done with ####### FB" and that I'd see them all in 2017.

*sigh*

I guess I don't spend enough time on FB.

IMO, politics and religion are personal, private matters. for me, FB is about seeing what a girl I had sex with in HS or college looks like now, or what some old pal from then is up to. and kids. and pets. I don't care what your food looks like. or where you went on vacation. that's pretty easy to clear though once every few months for my quarterly visit to FB.

Users who are viewing this thread