What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (4 Viewers)

GroveDiesel said:
Huh. I wrote a semi-rant yesterday on Facebook encouraging people on both sides to chill out, reach across the aisle to find commonalities, and work together for a better world. And apparently it's gone sort of viral in my area. Makes me a little uncomfortable. 
hide your..... everything

El Floppo said:
I guess I don't spend enough time on FB.

IMO, politics and religion are personal, private matters. for me, FB is about seeing what a girl I had sex with in HS or college looks like now, or what some old pal from then is up to. and kids. and pets. I don't care what your food looks like. or where you went on vacation. that's pretty easy to clear though once every few months for my quarterly visit to FB.
what if it's a chick from HS that you had sex on vacation, covered in food?

Went to BW3 and somehow got suckered into getting boneless "wings" since they're on sale today.  Would have been better off getting a 20 piece McNuggets.

At least there's beer here. 

I stand by my comments.  "Heavily-breaded chicken tenders" would be a more apt name for them.
Agreed, the boneless wings are atrocious and a complete rip-off.  Good margins for them, though.  On Tuesdays, their traditional wings are 1/2 off.  Now that's not too bad.  Get them done with Desert Heat dry rub, light dusting and get a side dipping sauce of Jerk and Asian Zing.  $$$$$$$$$

Also, their featured beer this month is Fresh Squeezed IPA, which is $4.95 for a tall after 3.  Pretty good month to be a BW customer.  

Also also, my new bartender buddy Heidi (on the left). :wub:  

Agreed, the boneless wings are atrocious and a complete rip-off.  Good margins for them, though.  On Tuesdays, their traditional wings are 1/2 off.  Now that's not too bad.  Get them done with Desert Heat dry rub, light dusting and get a side dipping sauce of Jerk and Asian Zing.  $$$$$$$$$

Also, their featured beer this month is Fresh Squeezed IPA, which is $4.95 for a tall after 3.  Pretty good month to be a BW customer.  

Yeah but how much for those first 3?

El Floppo said:
care to post it here?
Huh. I wrote a semi-rant yesterday on Facebook encouraging people on both sides to chill out, reach across the aisle to find commonalities, and work together for a better world. And apparently it's gone sort of viral in my area. Makes me a little uncomfortable. 

Sure, why not. Similar to other stuff I poated here, long-winded and maybe idealistic but: 

The divide in our country is so deeply troubling and sad to me. The dismissiveness towards the other side by people on both sides of the aisle by both those I see on tv/media and my friends on Facebook is disheartening. Working together for our common good is much more important than who is President and yet many many have lost sight of that.

The truth is that we had two incredibly flawed candidate thanks largely in part to forgetting to care about others and truly listen to those we may disagree with. Instead of looking for what we have in common and building off of that, we have become combative and lost our compassion for the hurts of those that may not see the world like we see it. 

It was inevitable that a whole lot of people would be frustrated and angry about yesterday's results, and with good reason. A broken system, a broken society and a broken world lead us to a place where many felt forced to vote against a candidate rather than for a candidate. That is unbelievably unhealthy.

I urge those on the "winning" side to stop gloating. Stop the insults. Stop gleefully pretending that Democrats are "done" or "weak" or any other nonsense. Be humble. Realize that there are a lot of hurt and angry people this morning. Realize that our next President is an incredibly flawed man and that many who voted for him did it while holding their nose and dread in their heart. Reach out in love today.

For those on the "losing" side, please stop insulting those who voted for Trump. And please stop threatening to leave the country. Doing those things just widens the divide and demonstrates and unwillingness to truly listen to and care for the hurts/reasons of those that voted for Trump. Please be realistic about the flaws of both candidates and understand that a huge percentage of people who voted for Trump despise the man's character but voted our of fear for many reasons. Please don't turn your back and your ears to the hurts and fears of those people. 

It's time to reject the idea that a President should have so much influence, power and authority over us. True Americans om both sides of the aisle that want to truly "take back America" can only do so by working together. Let's listen to each other, find our common grounds and goals and work together. 

For those who are Christians, my feelings on this are so much more intense. Shame on those on both sides who are partaking in any of this divisive behavior. This is not our world. If you have placed your hope in a candidate, a party, or even our country, you have misplaced your hope. Our hope is in our Savior and in Him alone. Our mission is to love and obey Him and to love and serve others. If you are carrying pride, anger, bitterness, self-importance, a sense of superiority, etc this morning, I plead with you to humble yourselves and love instead. Truly listen to your fellow man today. Instead of turning your back on the other side because "your" candidate won or lost, reach a hand out in love and embrace them as Christ would.

Good lord.  Speaking of Boner Man.

Sure, why not. Similar to other stuff I poated here, long-winded and maybe idealistic but: 
I love you.  No sarcasm.

Houston and Portland are two of the best restaurant cities in the country. I'm confused why either of you would go eat chain chicken wings. Not judging, just curious

Users who are viewing this thread