What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Rap/Hip Hop Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

what are like the 10 best weed songs man?

I'm going to freestyle it right now, here's mine:

1.  Spark Another Owl- Cypress Hill

2.  Indo Smoke- Warren G and Co.

3.  Crumblin Herb/Whootie Whoo- Outkast 

4.   How High- Red/Mef

20.  Mad Izm- KRS/Channel Live

5.  on it- Luniz  (REMIX!)

6.  Smoke Out- Dove Shack

7.  Smoke Buddah- Redman

8.  Someone else do some more.

got to include this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3F-CzNRKnM

also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxUffJJWVI

Pretty cool article on the Washington Post website about the RUN-D.M.C / Aerosmith collaboration.

It’s 1986. Rap music is explosive and on the rise but still misunderstood and barely represented in the mainstream. The leading innovators are Run-D.M.C., a trio from Queens who sport black leather jackets and unlaced Adidas sneakers. Two albums into their career, Joseph “Run” Simmons, Darryl “D.M.C.” McDaniels and Jason “Jam Master Jay” Mizell are already minor stars and musical revolutionaries. For their third album, producer Rick Rubin, a 22-year-old white kid from New York University, comes up with a crazy idea: He recruits Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, the leaders of the down-and-out arena-rock group Aerosmith, to collaborate with Run-D.M.C. on a new version of their 1970s staple “Walk This Way.”

The rappers hate the idea. The rockers, struggling with drugs and low record sales, don’t know what to make of Rubin’s pitch. But on a Sunday in March, they meet in a Manhattan recording studio to create what will become one of the most important songs of the modern pop era. This is the oral history of Run-D.M.C.’s cover of “Walk This Way.” (Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/lifestyle/walk-this-way/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Blahzay Blahzay

I remember this group, but never remember being that into them and later when I saw the name, I thought it was like some kind of R & B thing.  One of their tracks came up in my Spotify Discover Weekly and I liked it a lot.  Pulled up the rest of the album and that is good too, but they only ever made the one.  Anyone know what happened with them?

Blahzay Blahzay

I remember this group, but never remember being that into them and later when I saw the name, I thought it was like some kind of R & B thing.  One of their tracks came up in my Spotify Discover Weekly and I liked it a lot.  Pulled up the rest of the album and that is good too, but they only ever made the one.  Anyone know what happened with them?
If I remember right Outloud was the MC and the producer was PF Cuttin. I think Outloud just disappeared but I think PF Cuttin is still working as I'm almost positive I saw his name in the liner notes in a Sean Price record a few years back.

If I remember right Outloud was the MC and the producer was PF Cuttin. I think Outloud just disappeared but I think PF Cuttin is still working as I'm almost positive I saw his name in the liner notes in a Sean Price record a few years back.
Seems right based on what I've googled since.  PF Cuttin produced a few times for Sean Price, also for Masta Killa, Thirstin Howl III, Tony Touch and Afu Ra.  They also sued Wyclef for $2 mill for an unauthorized sample in 2010.

ShamrockPride said:
People outside of the ATL were actually waiting for this?
The guy is incredibly talented and a savy entrepreneur.  He changed the template of the rap game as far as the artist / industry relationship.  Not to mention he isn't fake like most of the big names.  He killed a guy that Jeezy sent to kill him.  That as gangster as f.  

Lots of rappers in the news. Gucci is out, looks like Troy Ave is going in as he is on video killing someone at a TI concert. Also some dude named Smelley from Cleveland was arrested for a connection in the shooting of a 2 year old girl in Detroit. 

Never heard of Troy Ave, was he someone affiliated with TI?  TMZ reported the opening rappers entourage got into it with TIs entourage.

New Schoolboy Q is pretty phenomenal IMO.

"Groovy Tony" ft. Jadakiss is song of the year for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post a link with the Jadakiss version?  Only can find the solo.  Like what I heard tho.  
Would if I could, but I didn't find one anywhere Major.

If you have Spotify, it is on there.  It appears youtube versions though are all taken down. 

what are like the 10 best weed songs man?

I'm going to freestyle it right now, here's mine:

1.  Spark Another Owl- Cypress Hill

2.  Indo Smoke- Warren G and Co.

3.  Crumblin Herb/Whootie Whoo- Outkast 

4.   How High- Red/Mef

20.  Mad Izm- KRS/Channel Live

5.  on it- Luniz  (REMIX!)

6.  Smoke Out- Dove Shack

7.  Smoke Buddah- Redman

8.  Someone else do some more.
Many Clouds of Smoke - Total Devastation

Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up - Cypress Hill (Friday soundtrack)

Because I Was High - Afroman

Man you can do a top 10 from just Cypress Hill alone.....Hits from the Bong and I Wanna Get High....two from them I would mention.  Also, not necessarily rap but Sublimes- Smoke 2 Joints is up there for weed songs.  .  

Many Clouds of Smoke - Total Devastation

Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up - Cypress Hill (Friday soundtrack)

Because I Was High - Afroman
I must be one of the only southern rap fans here...  How about Mystikal - I Smell Smoke, Master P - Pass me the Green, Ludacris - Blueberry Yum Yum

Just downloaded the album of the summer, Everybody Lookin.  So far, it's living up to the hype.  It's being released tomorrow on Spotify, but I already subscribe to google play, so I had to torrent.  Good thing, got it a day early.

I figure most of you aren't into the Future/Young Thug type rap, but man I'm loving Timmy Turner right now. 

Now that this is on the 1st page again, a question I've been meaning to ask, what is the deal with Jay Z?  I've always loved rap.  I haven't heard much of the new stuff, but loved the late 80's, early 90's stuff.  Every time I hear a Jay Z song, I'm always left wondering what's the big deal.  I've never once had the inclination I'm listening to a top rapper. 

So, what's the deal with Jay Z?

Now that this is on the 1st page again, a question I've been meaning to ask, what is the deal with Jay Z?  I've always loved rap.  I haven't heard much of the new stuff, but loved the late 80's, early 90's stuff.  Every time I hear a Jay Z song, I'm always left wondering what's the big deal.  I've never once had the inclination I'm listening to a top rapper. 

Have you listened to his albums in full or just a few singles?  I'm not a big Jay  fan, but i recognize that he deserves to be in the conversations with the greats do to his discography, longevity, success and influence in the industry.  I think to appreciate him you need to go back to the begining and see his growth.  But there is nothing wrong with not liking him or thinking he is a big deal because for me there are plenty others i would rather listen to.

nice playlist.  Love that you have stuff from future development and both sides of the brain on there.  Nice mix of DL, underground and hits.  :thumbup:

Gonna throw this on at my next cookout. 
Thanks, man.  Yeah, that is kind of what I was going for with the playlist.  I wanted 90's rap songs from respected rappers that many casual rap fans would know and could play well at a party without whack pop party rap songs, but also a solid nod to the underground that would expose people to dope 90's rap that they may not know.  My 90's playlist is inclusive of 2000 because I think it was a solid year of rap music that was 90's-esque.  It's a little light on songs from 1990-1992 partly because it is before my time, but mostly because I think that most music from those years sound more like 80's rap than 90's rap to me.  My biggest regret is that Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" is not available on Spotify.  

I agree. But like other dude said, the the fact he's been doing this for 20 years plays a big part. Something that is long forgotten about but contributed to his early hype is that he essentially came in as the protégé of Biggie. But he also carries a nostalgic sense about him that he was part of that last wave of great NY rapper's before the NY scene died off. Same with guys like Nas and DMX. The guy was also lucky enough to work regularly with one of the greatest producers of all time with Just Blaze. But he hasn't really been relevant IMO since the mid 2000's when Southern rap spurted up. I'd say his last great work was The Black Album, well over a decade ago.

• Smile
Reactions: Neo
Super East heavy, but good to see some Ugly Duckling/Visionaries on there. Heiro, Souls, Psycho Realm, Dialated, Lics, Blackalish and PUTS about the only other West on there (WC too)
Don't forget Compton's Most Wanted and Above The Law…but yeah, definitely an East Coast bias.  I just randomly put a list together as I was pillaging through Spotify…wasn't going for any balance just a mix of classics and underrated tracks/groups that many have overlooked.  

Users who are viewing this thread