What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (6 Viewers)

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
This is my Father in Law....he's a guy from south florida and lives out of coolers. We have received soft sided coolers and I think the 45 quart cooler from him as gifts. They do a fantastic job, but man are they expensive. I'd never drop that kind of coin on a cooler myself.
Very expensive. I liken them to Weber grills. Once you buy one it will last forever and you'll never buy anything else.
Amazon $299.99 - $634.59. For a cooler. :lol: come on, man.
The Koozies are the closest thing to a miracle I've ever seen. Keep a beer cold.... forever? I haven't even tested their limits after hours outside in the Texas summer heat. :thumbup:
$45 for a koozy? I dunno.. I don't take 3 hours to drink a can or bottle of beer so I don't need it to keep it cold for that long. I do like their tumbler though.. for the car trips and coffee in the mornings. And I'm also intrigued by their mule pack ice bag to keep cans cold in the golf cart.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
This is my Father in Law....he's a guy from south florida and lives out of coolers. We have received soft sided coolers and I think the 45 quart cooler from him as gifts. They do a fantastic job, but man are they expensive. I'd never drop that kind of coin on a cooler myself.
Very expensive. I liken them to Weber grills. Once you buy one it will last forever and you'll never buy anything else.
The Koozies are the closest thing to a miracle I've ever seen. Keep a beer cold.... forever? I haven't even tested their limits after hours outside in the Texas summer heat. :thumbup:
$45 for a koozy? I dunno.. I don't take 3 hours to drink a can or bottle of beer so I don't need it to keep it cold for that long. I do like their tumbler though.. for the car trips and coffee in the mornings. And I'm also intrigued by their mule pack ice bag to keep cans cold in the golf cart.
I've never used them, but they're probably one of those "I would never buy, but it would be a great gift to receive". Also, if you drink good expensive beer and live in a hot climate; it could pay for itself by not feeling rushed to drink your beer quickly.

Just spitballing here :shrug:

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
Yeah....my FIL has a whole set of these things too. Even in the Keys, they keep beer cold just about all day. I don't know how they do it, but then again, I don't know anyone who takes a day to drink a beer. I don't and he certainly doesn't. Though, I will say it'd be a minor miracle if it kept the beer cold during a grilling session in those conditions.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
I've never used them, but they're probably one of those "I would never buy, but it would be a great gift to receive". Also, if you drink good expensive beer and live in a hot climate; it could pay for itself by not feeling rushed to drink your beer quickly.

$30 for one here and you can get a second for $25. Use the code WEL397848.

fantasycurse42 said:
Otis said:
I got the thin wallet. This feels like a high school kid wallet. It doesn't have any form which is a little annoying at first. Gonna give it a few days but so far, eesh.
https://m.colehaan.com/products/A84011?start=7&cgid=mens_accessories_walletsThe older model is better, but for carrying less than 15 bills and 7-10 cards in total, this is the best.
Yup. Own the older version of this Cole Hahn. Money.
Best wallet with a nice slim fit out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.

I'd be tempted if I didn't lose coozies all the time

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.

I'd be interested to see how it performs against an old school foam koozie. But I guess it doesn't have the "cool" factor.
It's not close...my FIL has some of these too :bag:

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
Wait...beer gets warm?

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
Oh for ####s sake. This can't be real.

Also, if you drink good expensive beer and live in a hot climate; it could pay for itself by not feeling rushed to drink your beer quickly.
This is precisely why I got one for myself. If I'm pounding cheap domestic light beer poolside, it's never getting warm in a normal neoprene koozie. If I'm actually trying to enjoy a nice microbrew, I'd prefer to not have to maintain that same pace.

I like knives but have learned, like wallets, to keep them minimized. I lost a slab full of Wusthof in the divorce and never missed them. For a couple months I've been wanting to add something bigger than a paring but smaller than an 8" chef's. A five inch Santoku seemed about perfect. I like Henckles 4 star handles. Here it is with good reviews at Amazon for $100. And here it is at Henckles site on clearance for $35. That came with $10 shipping unless I spent another $25 so here's the 8" carver at Amazon for $120, and here is is at Henckles for $25.

I don't know if I believe in Henckles more than any other brand of premium kitchen knife, but the internet is a product I believe in for price shopping.
I'm intrigued by this... grabbed both out of curiosity.
I'm set with Shuns and Cuisinarts but, dang, I almost want to do that $25 deal anyway.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
Amazon $299.99 - $634.59. Up to $765 for the 45 quart. For a cooler. :lol: come on, man.

ETA: If heavily into camping or if you own a catering business (BBQ... Tipsy).. I could see the investment. I couldn't justify the expense for what I use coolers for, like a day of fishing.
I agree with this. I have a Yeti for multi-day trips where we wont have access to electricity or ice, but they're overkill for most uses. Its not hard to see why it holds ice so much longer, they're so much more bulky/heavy than a regular cooler.

I also suspect the Yeti Hopper soft-side cooler is a ripoff. I have a hard time imagining how this $350 soft-side cooler is any better than my $60 AO 24-Pack canvas cooler. I will add AO Soft-Side Coolers as a product I believe in. Ive had one for years that I use very heavy and its still 100% water-tight and holds ice longer than any other cooler I own (other than my Yeti, of course). Great cooler.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
Amazon $299.99 - $634.59. Up to $765 for the 45 quart. For a cooler. :lol: come on, man.

ETA: If heavily into camping or if you own a catering business (BBQ... Tipsy).. I could see the investment. I couldn't justify the expense for what I use coolers for, like a day of fishing.
I agree with this. I have a Yeti for multi-day trips where we wont have access to electricity or ice, but they're overkill for most uses. Its not hard to see why it holds ice so much longer, they're so much more bulky/heavy than a regular cooler.

I also suspect the Yeti Hopper soft-side cooler is a ripoff. I have a hard time imagining how this $350 soft-side cooler is any better than my $60 AO 24-Pack canvas cooler. I will add AO Soft-Side Coolers as a product I believe in. Ive had one for years that I use very heavy and its still 100% water-tight and holds ice longer than any other cooler I own (other than my Yeti, of course). Great cooler.
We were gifted a Yeti Hopper by my FIL. All I can tell you is we just got done with a 2 day camping trip where we used it. We threw two 10 lbs bags of ice into it and on Sunday afternoon (about 60 hours) we had, maybe 8 ounce of water in the bag. It was still all ice. I've never used a soft sided cooler before because, well, I've never seen one that didn't suck, but this thing did it's thing for sure. Though I'm not really sure I'd categorize it as "soft sided" nor would I actually pay for one of my own.

I stuff a pillowcase full of those puffy bags that you get from Amazon and squeeze my beer in between bags at the top. Stays cool for hours and I didn't look like a fool by spending $45 on a koozie.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.

We were gifted a Yeti Hopper by my FIL. All I can tell you is we just got done with a 2 day camping trip where we used it. We threw two 10 lbs bags of ice into it and on Sunday afternoon (about 60 hours) we had, maybe 8 ounce of water in the bag. It was still all ice. I've never used a soft sided cooler before because, well, I've never seen one that didn't suck, but this thing did it's thing for sure. Though I'm not really sure I'd categorize it as "soft sided" nor would I actually pay for one of my own.
I dont doubt that its a great cooler, I just question how/why their softside cooler can be worth 6X more than the softside AO.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.

I used to do a lot of BBQ catering, and even for that, I I'd have a hard time seeing it justified.

For hot food, these $190 end-loading food carriers are pretty much a necessity. Primed, they hold the same temp for 4 hours and only drop like a degree per hour after that. More importantly, they are built to stack and transport in the same pans the food will likely be served in. Nice they are half the price of a Cambro.

Maybe the Yeti would be nice for cold stuff, but even then, those $70 150 QT Igloo's from Sam's are pretty much perfect. Can't hold much with a relatively tiny 45 QT Yeti. You need to keep something cold for 6-8 hours. Keeping ice frozen for 5 days is overkill.

I could only see the Yeti making sense for anyone who plans to be completely away from civilization a week at a time.

My relatively large Yeti cooler doesn't hold ice much better than my ginormous Coleman Optimax. The Coleman is also sort of pricey but like half the price of a Yeti. The Yeti is beefier and will probably last longer though.

In my experience on long trips in hot weather, cooler management and pre-freezing some stuff is way more important than the cooler.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.

This is how I got my first one... gifted.

Jump in the pool with your kids? Forget your beer outside for a while? No problem.. cold as it was when you opened it.

It took two weeks, but that Bayer weed killer killed everything I sprayed.

To expand on my Maui Jim recommendation. I cracked the frame on my 5yo pair a couple weeks ago. I sent it back to their customer service to be fixed and they sent me a brand new pair instead. $40

These Clark's shoes I bought on the Righetti recommendation are pretty crappy. I mean, I didn't pay much for them, but they're the same as the other crappy shoes I spend under a hundred bucks for (Kenneth Cole), actually, not even as good as my usuals. I was expecting these to have extra cushioning or something and be super comfortable.

:kicksrock:

Starting to rethink the shave secret.

1. Yes, it is a noticeably closer shave, but the improvement I got switching from my Mach 3 to the Shick! Hydro 5 with electric vibrating goodness was a more noticeable improvement. Plus I'm not convinced that the oil doesn't give a false sense of closeness.

2. I think it might clog my blades fast, and that's going to be a deal breaker for me.

Anyone else have this clogging issue with the Shave Secret?

Oh yeah, the Shick! is the schnizzle. I believe in that product.

things this thread is bad at:

wallets (I have a minimalist wallet as good as any of the ones listed..it cost $16 and lasted 3 years. I got others as gifts and they aren't as good).

shoes (crocs? clarks? really?)

coolers/koozies--koozies should be free promotional items that walk off your boat with someone's beer and you don't care. if you need something to keep one beer cold for over an hour, you really should consider just not drinking.

Starting to rethink the shave secret.

1. Yes, it is a noticeably closer shave, but the improvement I got switching from my Mach 3 to the Shick! Hydro 5 with electric vibrating goodness was a more noticeable improvement. Plus I'm not convinced that the oil doesn't give a false sense of closeness.

2. I think it might clog my blades fast, and that's going to be a deal breaker for me.

Anyone else have this clogging issue with the Shave Secret?

Oh yeah, the Shick! is the schnizzle. I believe in that product.
I have a clogging issue with SS. I used the product twice and shelved it. I somehow cut myself on both shaves too, which I rarely ever do. Based on the unanimously awesome reviews here, I chalked it up to my own user error and moved on.

wallets (I have a minimalist wallet as good as any of the ones listed..it cost $16 and lasted 3 years. I got others as gifts and they aren't as good).
The first one linked to, mine, cost $10 and will last the rest of my life unless I lose it. It's the smallest, lightest, and by far strongest wallet linked and it floats regardless of what's in it.

These Clark's shoes I bought on the Righetti recommendation are pretty crappy. I mean, I didn't pay much for them, but they're the same as the other crappy shoes I spend under a hundred bucks for (Kenneth Cole), actually, not even as good as my usuals. I was expecting these to have extra cushioning or something and be super comfortable.

:kicksrock:
Eccos are outstanding. I haven't had another kind of dress shoe in at least 5 years. If you're just throwing money around the Internets, I'd highly suggest giving them a try but know your European shoe size before ordering.

Since we're all wallet talk these days, a friend of mine bought my leather wallet that was made and purchased in China for $1.75 in 2002 and is still in nearly perfect condition.

Although I have had some really long, determined stares from people wondering why Chairman Mao and "We are one China" (in Chinese) are burned into my wallet. I take out my credit card out of sight in sushi places now.

I have to give a shout out to my Nunn Bush Bleeker St Slip Ons. My soles have a tendency to wear down unevenly. I've had these for years and the soles haven't worn at all and they are extremely comfortable. You can walk around all day and not wish you were wearing something else.

Link

Cigarbid.com

I've gotten some pretty good deals on some of my favorite sticks and some merchandise like punch cutters, torch lighters and travel herf a dors. My humidor overfloweth.

-fish- said:

shoes (crocs? clarks? really?)

coolers/koozies--koozies should be free promotional items that walk off your boat with someone's beer and you don't care. if you need something to keep one beer cold for over an hour, you really should consider just not drinking.
This. All of it.

I have a wallet in my pocket for maybe an hour or so every weekday. On my way to work, lunch, on my way home. And if I'm out and about on the weekends, I kinda actually like knowing my wallet is in my pocket.

Shoes are "YMMV". Everyone's feet are different.

And :lol: at paying for koozies.

I'm wearing the only pair of Clarks I've ever bought right now, and honestly need to get a new pair of brown work shoes. Not worth it IMO. They scratch and crack very easily. I'm not sure of the exact model, but I doubt I'll ever buy another pair of Clarks. I can easily find another pair that's less expensive and holds up just as well if not better.

Some recommendations:

- Scoop Away cat litter. I've tried 3 or 4 different brands. None of them clump as well as this stuff and it's relatively cheap. And yes, I take care of that in my house, at least for now because my wife is pregnant. Google toxoplasmosis if you'd like.

- Nivea shaving products. I've never tried Shave Secret before, but this thread is making me consider it. Been using Nivea for probably close to 10 years now. My face just feels so much better afterward than with any other cream or aftershave.

- Tide plus Downy. Screw adding separate fabric softener, this stuff works just as well. Growing up we never used fabric softener. I never realized the luxury of it. Can't stand wearing hard cotton shirts or drying off with scratchy towels.

- Wegmans, because I'm from Rochester and don't know any different, but also because it really is that awesome

- Scrub Daddy. What is this thing made of, magic plastic?

- Netflix, obviously

- Google Chromecast. I also have a Roku, which is nice and flashy, but the Chromecast is usually so much faster and is compatible with my...other apps :ph34r:

- Spigen phone cases. I've had 2 or 3 now for my Android phones. Fit is perfect and they have so many different styles and choices. Protection is very good too without having to haul around one of those tank cases people seem to love.

- Spigen phone cases. I've had 2 or 3 now for my Android phones. Fit is perfect and they have so many different styles and choices. Protection is very good too without having to haul around one of those tank cases people seem to love.
Just got one of these for my Galaxy S6 and it is a perfect case. Slim, protects the phone, and looks as high quality as the phone.

+1 to Spigen...got one for my S5 and its been rock solid and does not add much to the phone as far as making it "too" big.

Does anyone have a garden hose or brand they'd recommend? I bought one 2 years ago from Sears and finally just threw it out because of the kinking and inability to roll it up nicely. I also had one of those expandable As Seen on TV hoses, which burst after about a month. I'm thinking if I just get a decent one at Home Depot for $35+ it should last and not give me any problems. I'm going to need one pretty soon. 50 ft should be fine, but 75 ft would probably be better.

Does anyone have a garden hose or brand they'd recommend? I bought one 2 years ago from Sears and finally just threw it out because of the kinking and inability to roll it up nicely. I also had one of those expandable As Seen on TV hoses, which burst after about a month. I'm thinking if I just get a decent one at Home Depot for $35+ it should last and not give me any problems. I'm going to need one pretty soon. 50 ft should be fine, but 75 ft would probably be better.
Sure do. Sears all rubber hose. I have 5 of these for my yard. It's all I use. Never kinks and lifetime warranty with Sears.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-all-rubber-garden-hose-5-8-in-x/p-07169602000P

Have one of the higher end hoses that has lasted well when on a reel.

But I have actually had great luck with my expandable hose...no issues from it at all.

+1 to Spigen...got one for my S5 and its been rock solid and does not add much to the phone as far as making it "too" big.
Another +1 for the Spigen. I had one for my S3 and now have one for my S5 and iPhone 5s work phone, and they all fit perfectly and provide supreme protection at a cut-rate price.

The Yeti garden hose is very good but a little pricey at $1199. The Craftsman that Wooderson posted above is a good hose as well.

Someone needs to report back on the 35 koozie. I laughed at you guys when you bought the $100 hoodies, and the $50 underwear, but this is something I might be onboard for.

Do the Yeti hats prevent you from getting too hot? In trying to think of why so many people in FL wear hats advertising the name of a cooler. Then again, its FL...

Sure do. Sears all rubber hose. I have 5 of these for my yard. It's all I use. Never kinks and lifetime warranty with Sears.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-all-rubber-garden-hose-5-8-in-x/p-07169602000P
Awesome, thanks! I might go pick that up today. No worries about dry rot with it being all rubber? From the picture it looks like it has a plastic coating or some kind of sheen which makes me think it's different than the one I ended up taking back to Home Depot because it was all rubber. As in made by Continental and looked like they just melted up some tires.

I like the Cremo shaving cream referenced in here. Using Dorco blades (they supply Dollar Shave Club but you can buy direct) and a good shave.

If I make sure to dry the blade after using I am getting 5-7 shaves out of each blade.

I have had a black hose from Sears that is awesome and has not rotted or cracked. Don't know if same style as linked but can check later.
Speaking of hoses, I need a new good hose reel. I have an Ames but it is leaking.

Do the Yeti hats prevent you from getting too hot? In trying to think of why so many people in FL wear hats advertising the name of a cooler. Then again, its FL...
Yeti has become a "lifestyle brand" like Fox, DC, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread