What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (2 Viewers)

Anyone have something they believe in for pots and pans storage? Moving into our new place, and lack cabinet space.

Considering: a peg board on the wall, a metal rack with hooks (hang the pots and pans) on wall, or two towel-bar-esque things to hand the pots and pans off, but which will also slot the lids in against the wall.

What else do people do? Ceiling won't work for a variety of reasons.

Anyone have something they believe in for pots and pans storage? Moving into our new place, and lack cabinet space.

Considering: a peg board on the wall, a metal rack with hooks (hang the pots and pans) on wall, or two towel-bar-esque things to hand the pots and pans off, but which will also slot the lids in against the wall.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=under+cabinet+pot+and+pan+organizer&crid=2BSBP0G2O5S24&sprefix=undercabinet+pot%2Caps%2C180&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_2_16

Couple of purchases that I have really happy with. 

100' Expandable Garden Hose - I tried a few of those "as seen on TV" types and they pretty much sucked. Got one of these this spring and its been fantastic thus far. Extremely light, never tangles and far more durable than the others. 

Travando Slim Wallet - Moved from a Saddleback leather Front Pocket Wallet to this and couldn't be happier.  Olds nine cards, cash in the middle of the wallet like the old school coin pouches and still has slots to put receipts in. 

https://www.zappos.com/p/salewa-lite-train-quiet-shade-cactus/product/8643440/color/728024

Most comfortable pair of walking/hiking shoes I have ever owned. I have had them for about 6 months and I absolutely love them. A little more than I tend to pay for shoes but these were worth it for me. 

Had never heard of Salewa before I started looking for some shoes for an Alaska/Hawaii trip I was taking where I knew there was going to be a lot of walking.
Saw these on sale at Zappo's for $90 a couple of weeks back so I bought another pair. I bring them with me when I travel as they are a great shoe to just walk around in as well as use for my regular training/running shoe (even if I"m on pavement instead of a trail). I bought my first pair for $129 so I figured they may be discontinued however I just looked and saw they are currently on sale for $115.99. Can't speak more highly of them.

:update: Just noticed that the sizes are quite limited on Zappos and on the Salewa website so I'm assuming they have been discontinued (nothing more than size 11 available, I bought size 13 :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Under Armour Men's Launch sw 7'' Shorts

I have been wearing these things as a bathing suit.  They have an inner netting, so I didn't like them for regular workout shorts,

We have one very close to this. Bought it years ago so it may not be the exact unit.

We have one very close to this. Bought it years ago so it may not be the exact unit.
I have had a similar one for nearly 20 years now. It has held up wonderfully.

But, it is ceiling hung: Octagonal Hanging Cookware Rack *not this specific brand*

Instinctive, are you saying that ceiling won't work for you - in your specific case -  for a variety of reasons?

Because it has been wonderful for me - I do have 9 foot ceilings though - so that helps.

Remington Shortcut hair trimmer. Linky

For those of you blessed like me with a receding hairline this thing is awesome.  I think I bought it about a year ago.

I used to shave my head with a pair of Wahl Balding clippers which are awesome in their own right, but I would always have to get my wife to make sure I didn’t miss anything on the back of my head.  I also cut my hair over the sink and cleanup sucked.  These clippers take about 1-2 minutes to cut my hair in the shower and then poof all done.

As a side note they are starting to act up on me but I think it’s more from the fact that I left them wet a few times.  About to order another pair though.😎

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim), Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Super-Thin, 1300Pa Strong Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079QYYGF1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cxnfDbAG17T85

It's $150 today I got it for $220 in Jan.  It doesn't have all the app & programing functionality of the $400-500 models, but it's a great basic robot vac.  Good battery's, easy to use, and good suction.  It gets a lot of stuff you can't reach with a regular vac.

ragincajun said:
Remington Shortcut hair trimmer. Linky

For those of you blessed like me with a receding hairline this thing is awesome.  I think I bought it about a year ago.

I used to shave my head with a pair of Wahl Balding clippers which are awesome in their own right, but I would always have to get my wife to make sure I didn’t miss anything on the back of my head.  I also cut my hair over the sink and cleanup sucked.  These clippers take about 1-2 minutes to cut my hair in the shower and then poof all done.

As a side note they are starting to act up on me but I think it’s more from the fact that I left them wet a few times.  About to order another pair though.😎
Linky no worky.  

I'm curious about this.  I razor my head but need something for the beard.  Clean up of the beard trimmings sucks.

I have had a similar one for nearly 20 years now. It has held up wonderfully.

But, it is ceiling hung: Octagonal Hanging Cookware Rack *not this specific brand*

Instinctive, are you saying that ceiling won't work for you - in your specific case -  for a variety of reasons?

Because it has been wonderful for me - I do have 9 foot ceilings though - so that helps.
Yeah our ceilings are like 11 ft I think, and there are light fixtures in the places I'd want to hang something. Looks great though.

I have both a Nest doorbell cam and a Nest outdoor cam. (or is it Google cam now?)

These things are great. Smart cams that can tell the difference between a person and a cat moving through your space. Customizable motion areas and only the desired notifications that one would want. 

Now I can clearly see all the people letting their dogs poop in my yard. Just what I wanted. 

ONE TABLET OF 8GREENS CONTAINS:

AS MUCH VITAMIN C AS 6 ORANGES

AS MUCH VITAMIN B5 (PANTOTHENIC ACID) AS 15 CUPS OF BROCCOLI

AS MUCH VITAMIN B12 AS 7 CUPS OF MILK

AS MUCH VITAMIN B6 AS 6 CUPS OF SPINACH

10 CALORIES

8greens

Looks like a great solution for a traveling family - cool find.
If you can easily add an International plan to your phone, that would be better since you'll get phone and text but for wifi, this was a great option. We're on prepaid at&t and it would have been a pain, and more expensive, to get an international  plan. Phone and text weren't important to us.

eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim), Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Super-Thin, 1300Pa Strong Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079QYYGF1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cxnfDbAG17T85

It's $150 today I got it for $220 in Jan.  It doesn't have all the app & programing functionality of the $400-500 models, but it's a great basic robot vac.  Good battery's, easy to use, and good suction.  It gets a lot of stuff you can't reach with a regular vac.
Still recommend?

It was recommended in here (forgot by whom) a long while back, but the Bug-A-Salt shotgun has been the best investment I've made in quite some time. I've bought at least 10 of them over the last year. They make perfect gifts, and I can't help but buy another any time somebody new shows an interest in blasting flies with a load of salt buck shot. It might be the perfect gift because, for the un-initiated, many aren't going to spend $40 on something that could seemingly be done with a fly-swatter.  But for me, I'm excited to know their life will be changed for $40. What a deal.

Just always make sure to get the Lawn and Garden version (green). It's maybe $2 more than the basic model, but so much more powerful. 

It was recommended in here (forgot by whom) a long while back, but the Bug-A-Salt shotgun has been the best investment I've made in quite some time. I've bought at least 10 of them over the last year. They make perfect gifts, and I can't help but buy another any time somebody new shows an interest in blasting flies with a load of salt buck shot. It might be the perfect gift because, for the un-initiated, many aren't going to spend $40 on something that could seemingly be done with a fly-swatter.  But for me, I'm excited to know their life will be changed for $40. What a deal.

Just always make sure to get the Lawn and Garden version (green). It's maybe $2 more than the basic model, but so much more powerful. 
Here’s a link to the regular version. Looks like fun. 

Bug-A-Salt 2.0 Fly Gun - Direct from Patent Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8YW192/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_fpJhDb9JFMQSC

Gas.   Probably going for the cheapest 3 burner model
Nice. I have had one of the mid-range gas ones for a few years after having charcoal for a decade. Been great, use it 3-4 times a week in the spring, summer, fall. Zero issues. 

Only thing I'd mention is putting it together, while easy, did take some time. Give yourself some time there so you aren't feeling rushed.

Nice. I have had one of the mid-range gas ones for a few years after having charcoal for a decade. Been great, use it 3-4 times a week in the spring, summer, fall. Zero issues. 

Only thing I'd mention is putting it together, while easy, did take some time. Give yourself some time there so you aren't feeling rushed.
Just got back from Lowe’s.  I now have my project for the rest of the day.  Let the drinking begin!

Any recommendations on dyi home security systems?
I have the Nest. It was easy to set up, no monthly fee. It is good about being a simple alarm (it will go off if you enter the house and don’t put the code in). It is great for a camera to see what is up at your house.

The updates though where it tells you if something had entered the camera zone are annoying and inconsistent. 

Still recommend?
I bought the Eufy 30 last Christmas, love it. (Its got a bit more suction than the 11, but almost the same thing)

At one point, something must have wrapped around a side brush, and caused it to burn out the motor. (Shocking, because I’ve seen a bunch of hair, etc, wrapped around it with no issues). Wrote an email, they sent me the shipping ticket, sent it back, had a new one all in the span of 5 days. I have a bunch of Anker products (Parent brand of Eufy. also Soundcore audio Bluetooth headphones and speakers), and the company makes solid products with good support and good prices.

shuke said:
Yes.  I have three - gas, charcoal, smoker 
Love Weber. Great company who stands behind their stuff. 

I have:

Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker: 12 yrs old. — Kept outside, covered maybe half the time. Used a lot. Shell/body is in great shape. Lower charcoal rack Finally started to break. Will replace. Everything else is in solid shape. 

Weber Genesis LP S-330 Gas Grill, 8 Yrs Old. — Stainless model. Kept covered 80% of the time. Looks almost brand new. Works perfect including igniter. Thermometer finally gave up, and mounting plate for handle started to peel (apparently that part is chromed steel and not stainless). Called Weber. American woman answered on 2nd ring. New parts shipped 2day. Free of charge. :thumbup:   Installed new parts, broke down firebox for cleaning and the burners and flavorizer bars are still in fantastic shape after nearly a decade! 

Weber :thumbup:

Love Weber. Great company who stands behind their stuff. 

I have:

Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker: 12 yrs old. — Kept outside, covered maybe half the time. Used a lot. Shell/body is in great shape. Lower charcoal rack Finally started to break. Will replace. Everything else is in solid shape. 

Weber Genesis LP S-330 Gas Grill, 8 Yrs Old. — Stainless model. Kept covered 80% of the time. Looks almost brand new. Works perfect including igniter. Thermometer finally gave up, and mounting plate for handle started to peel (apparently that part is chromed steel and not stainless). Called Weber. American woman answered on 2nd ring. New parts shipped 2day. Free of charge. :thumbup:   Installed new parts, broke down firebox for cleaning and the burners and flavorizer bars are still in fantastic shape after nearly a decade! 

Weber :thumbup:
Wow...flavorizer bars lasting that long is great in that southern heat and humidity.  Mine typically go about 5-6 years.  

I do second all things weber.  I constantly look at other products but always come back because I know they last.

First one (Silver C I think it was) lasted just over 10 years mostly uncovered.  Only reason it really didn't last was my want for a newer model...and the burners needed replacing and the mounting screws were in pretty rough shape and stripped from whoever originally assembled it (it was assembled when I bought it or Home Depot or whatever was offering free assembly...I don't recall).  Everything else was in great shape.  Put it on Craigslist for $50 basically just for the shell and had a buyer within hours of it posting.

Now have the similar Genesis (310 I think and not in stainless).  Have replaced the flavorizer bars...grates probably need it soon.  This one I keep covered though. 

Also have a kettle that I used to use a bit more than I do recently...always worked well even to smoke things but a bit putzy.

Wow...flavorizer bars lasting that long is great in that southern heat and humidity.  Mine typically go about 5-6 years.  

I do second all things weber.  I constantly look at other products but always come back because I know they last.

First one (Silver C I think it was) lasted just over 10 years mostly uncovered.  Only reason it really didn't last was my want for a newer model...and the burners needed replacing and the mounting screws were in pretty rough shape and stripped from whoever originally assembled it (it was assembled when I bought it or Home Depot or whatever was offering free assembly...I don't recall).  Everything else was in great shape.  Put it on Craigslist for $50 basically just for the shell and had a buyer within hours of it posting.

Now have the similar Genesis (310 I think and not in stainless).  Have replaced the flavorizer bars...grates probably need it soon.  This one I keep covered though. 

Also have a kettle that I used to use a bit more than I do recently...always worked well even to smoke things but a bit putzy.
My parents have a Weber Silver C that is built like a tank; the thing just won't die.

I grabbed the same Silver C off of CL and used that for about a year.  I'd been looking to upgrade to a newer version of the Genesis when I spotted a mint stainless steel Summit on CL.  I had to buy that Cadillac.

When my sister bought her first house, she found a nice Genesis on the CL and we bought another Genesis for our family vacation house.

Buying a used Weber is much better IMHO than buying any of those shiny grills on display at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Weber is the true OG for grills.

Users who are viewing this thread