What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Derrick Henry, BAL (5 Viewers)

I don't see any problem with pushing playoffs back to fill in that extra week between Conference Championship and Superbowl and making a week 18 for make up games.

I don't see any problem with pushing playoffs back to fill in that extra week between Conference Championship and Superbowl and making a week 18 for make up games.
You could have the bills and the titans playing for the 2 seed while every other playoff team gets a free bye week.

You could have the bills and the titans playing for the 2 seed while every other playoff team gets a free bye week.
Pretty sure they would rather do that than forfeit the game.  And by the time we get to week 18 I bet there will be other teams who have Covid issues and need a make up. This is not likely a one off.

Pretty sure they would rather do that than forfeit the game.  And by the time we get to week 18 I bet there will be other teams who have Covid issues and need a make up. This is not likely a one off.
Agree 100% - IMO the biggest risk to the NFL season is multiple teams having outbreaks later in the season when they just can't "fix" it with schedule manipulation.  We're only at week 5.  I think they continue to push to complete as many games as possible now knowing this, but at some point, we'll get clear cross-team transmission from in-game interactions.  When that happens, I see the whole season ending.  I'd put it at less than 50% odds that we finish this season with all teams playing 16 games.

I know this isn't the COVID thread, so I'm going to stop on this topic...As a Henry owner, I'm selfishly hoping they play.

Derrick Henry rushed 19 times for 57 yards and two touchdowns in the Titans' Week 5 win over the Bills.

The Titans dominated the undefeated Bills despite not practicing. Henry wasn't efficient on the ground (3.0 YPC), but he made the plays he needed in short-yardage situations. Both of his touchdowns were red zone scores. Those brought him up to four in four games. The play of the game was Henry's stiff arm that broke the internet and arguably took CB Josh Norman's soul from his body. It's his signature move. After today's game, Henry is averaging 25.25 carries per game and is on pace for a 1,504-16 rushing line, which is almost identical to last year's (1,540-16). He'll be an RB1 against the Texans in Week 6.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:19 PM ET

Henry is going to have 1500 yards and 15 TDs......with a 2.5 ypc

I drafted him in a distance league where long TD's give you BIG points......he usually breaks off a couple a year when defenses are beat up, and tired.....I just hope he isn't the one who's beat up and tired....

Henry is going to have 1500 yards and 15 TDs......with a 2.5 ypc

I drafted him in a distance league where long TD's give you BIG points......he usually breaks off a couple a year when defenses are beat up, and tired.....I just hope he isn't the one who's beat up and tired....
Ask and you shall receive 

Derrick Henry rushed 22 times for 212 yards and two touchdowns in the Titans' Week 6 win over the Texans, adding two receptions for 52 additional yards. 

"Limited" to 20 touches in the Titans' long-awaited return last Tuesday night, Henry entered Week 6 averaging just 3.7 yards per carry. He finally had one of the eruption games he is good for 3-4 times per season, kicking his day into hyperdrive with a 94-yard scoring rumble early in the fourth quarter. Henry made a subtle cut at the line of scrimmage, cut back at the second level of the defense and then left the entire Texans defense — most notably LB Tyrell Adams — in the dust. Score No. 2 was a walkoff five-yarder in overtime that Henry took on a direct snap. Moments earlier, he added a 52-yard reception on a screen. Henry's only blemish was a number of screens where he could not quite hook up with Ryan Tannehill for what likely would have been big gains. Now with two touchdowns in each of his past three contests, Henry will remain a top-three play for next Sunday's showdown with the Steelers' elite run defense. 

Oct 18, 2020, 4:17 PM ET

He trucked #57 on that OT TD and outran Reid on the 94 yarder.

Awesomeness.

I wonder who reached a higher top speed...DH on the 94 yarder (21+ MPH) or Lamar Jackson on his 35ish yard TD against the Eagles.

So, I've been trying to identify a good comp player and I know this player is a special player, but I think the best comp is Ricky Williams.

Both of them are big players with unusual speed for players of their size.  Their physicals are very similar.

Coming out Ricky was 244 pounds and Henry is 247.

40 Times: Ricky, 4.56 and Henry 4.54

Standing Jump: Ricky 37 inches and Henry 37 inches

Long jump: 124 for Ricky and 130 for Henry.

Both players won the Heisman, but obviously Ricky was productive for four years whereas Henry was productive for two, and only played 3 compared to 4 for Ricky.  Henry's junior year, however, is statistically very similar to Ricky's Senior or Junior year--Ricky's two best.

Ricky was a bit stockier and ran a bit harder, but I think Henry has a bit more lateral movement and agility.
Four years later and I stand by this comparison.  And through their first four plus seasons Henry is outperforming Ricky Williams during his first years. The lateral movement is really evident today as Henry can make subtle shifts in direction and body angle and then explode.  If he stays healthy, he has a chance to be one of the best big backs in NFL history.

Loss of Taylor Lewan for the season hurts the passing game and the overall offense badly, but ironically may mean more opportunities and fantasy points as they have to lean on Henry more.

Derrick Henry rushed 18 times for 112 yards and a touchdown in the Titans' Week 8 loss to the Bengals. 

Henry was held without a catch for the first time since Week 2. The 100-yard effort on the ground was his fourth in seven games. Henry has eight touchdowns over his past five appearances. The big dog is eating to the degree everyone expected. The Bears are a tougher Week 9 matchup, but Henry's absurd volume will keep him locked into the top five.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
The question I'm curious on if its MchNichols (who before this season has looked terrible and bounced around a number of teams) or Foreman now that he's back?

Derrick Henry rushed 19 times for 103 yards in the Titans' Week 10 loss to the Colts Thursday night.

He caught one pass for six yards on two targets in the pass game. Henry posted his fifth 100-yard rushing game of the season, but fantasy leaguers were dealt tough blows when they watched No. 2 RB D'Onta Foreman catch a five-yard score in the first quarter and Jonnu Smith later score a one-yard rushing touchdown, keeping Henry out of the painted area. After scoring eight times across five games Weeks 3-8, Henry hasn't visited the end zone in back-to-back weeks ahead of a tough Week 11 date with the Ravens. Henry is a matchup-proof top-five fantasy RB1 every time he touches the field.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Titans coach Mike Vrabel said the team has to "be able to throw the ball" to Derrick Henry more.

"We have to be able to throw the ball to him," Vrabel said. "We would like to continue to work on the screen game with him, but teams have defended it well. Maybe [Titans] haven't run them well. He has a unique skill set, but we need to do a better job than just handing it off to him." Henry's 26 targets this year are actually a new career-high, but 2.4 per game is still an egregious amount considering his skillset to flip the field on a head of steam with one catch. Henry has still averaged 29 touches in Tennessee's last two wins as the focal part of the offense, and the fourth-most fantasy points per game (20.1) among running backs this year. Any additional opportunity from Ryan Tannehill would simply be the cherry on top of his outstanding season.

SOURCE: John Glennon on Twitter

Dec 3, 2020, 9:42 AM ET

Duh. Henry is the most underutilized receiver at the RB position.

He's a good enough pass-catcher to be extremely dangerous on screens & dump offs. I'm surprised it took Vrabel this long to realize it.

Is Foreman the unquestioned handcuff? If Henry got hurt, would D’onta get a similar workload?
Foreman is the handcuff, but unless Tennessee thinks he has equal ability to Henry, they would probably pass the ball a bit more - reducing Foreman's workload relative to Henry's.

Duh. Henry is the most underutilized receiver at the RB position.

He's a good enough pass-catcher to be extremely dangerous on screens & dump offs. I'm surprised it took Vrabel this long to realize it.
DUH is exactly the correct way to put it. Since he was drafted he has been underutilized, first as a runner and continuing now as a receiver.

Derrick

Underutilized

Henry

DUH is exactly the correct way to put it. Since he was drafted he has been underutilized, first as a runner and continuing now as a receiver.

Derrick

Underutilized

Henry
LOL.

Yeah, Henry should've had a much better start to his career. I thought I was in an alternate universe when the Titans had Lewis starting over Henry. That's still one of the more bizarre things I've ever seen in the NFL.

Another big half for Henry.

@TDavenport_NFL

This is the 13th time Derrick Henry's had 100 rushing yards in a half since entering the NFL in 2016, including playoffs. The next-closest player has 4 such halves (Nick Chubb, Dalvin Cook and Aaron Jones are all tied).

@NFL345

8m

@TitansRB Derrick Henry (@KingHenry_2) has recorded 100+ rushing yards in 9 consecutive road games, the 2nd-longest streak in @NFL history. Only @ProFootballHOF RB Barry Sanders has a longer streak (10 games from 1996-97).

Users who are viewing this thread