What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (4 Viewers)

And agree that 1st team is strong. Was hoping either Bell/Brown fell to 3. Dont want gronk in the 1st, not the formula I'm going for. I know u don't like any teams that don't have those uber studs at RB also.

I'm assuming u thought I should have taken Spiller at 4.10. Could be right but for a guy who's seemingly hurt every year to already be hurt before he plays a game...just not very high on him. Was really hoping L Murray fell there but it didnt happen
Not necessarily.. I think spiller would of been a good pick for you there with your start and would of made you more balanced for sure.. Don't mind your strategy at the top it was your middle that really fell flat for me to be honest...

For me I cannot start with Dez right there honestly.. With AP and Charles to anchor your RB core you can go WR all day after that and just try to find an RB2 later...

I cannot argue with Dez though because I love the guy and think he could be the number 1 WR easily this year...

I agree with Gronk I haven't been able to pull the trigger either... Its hard to make a really solid team around him..
Why can't you start with Dez there? Just curious.

He's 27 and has averaged 91 rec, 1,311 yds and 13.6 TD's over the last three years. Thats right around 300 fantasy points a year, close to 19 a game.

If you have the guy as a lock to hit 300 pts wouldn't you just take him regardless of position?

Personnally I believe it is a wiser choice than taking a 29 or 30 year old RB. But I guess that is just my opinion.

Nice pick.
All depends on how you want to round out your team later in the draft... I do both and very much like Dez this year...

And agree that 1st team is strong. Was hoping either Bell/Brown fell to 3. Dont want gronk in the 1st, not the formula I'm going for. I know u don't like any teams that don't have those uber studs at RB also.

I'm assuming u thought I should have taken Spiller at 4.10. Could be right but for a guy who's seemingly hurt every year to already be hurt before he plays a game...just not very high on him. Was really hoping L Murray fell there but it didnt happen
Not necessarily.. I think spiller would of been a good pick for you there with your start and would of made you more balanced for sure.. Don't mind your strategy at the top it was your middle that really fell flat for me to be honest...

For me I cannot start with Dez right there honestly.. With AP and Charles to anchor your RB core you can go WR all day after that and just try to find an RB2 later...

I cannot argue with Dez though because I love the guy and think he could be the number 1 WR easily this year...

I agree with Gronk I haven't been able to pull the trigger either... Its hard to make a really solid team around him..
Why can't you start with Dez there? Just curious.

He's 27 and has averaged 91 rec, 1,311 yds and 13.6 TD's over the last three years. Thats right around 300 fantasy points a year, close to 19 a game.

If you have the guy as a lock to hit 300 pts wouldn't you just take him regardless of position?

Personnally I believe it is a wiser choice than taking a 29 or 30 year old RB. But I guess that is just my opinion.

Nice pick.
All depends on how you want to round out your team later in the draft... I do both and very much like Dez this year...
That whole first round I found was all over the place this year. Way different than years past. The last one me and my buddy did, Dez fell to us at 1.11.

Apologies. He did clearly state that he would have taken AP or Charles there.
no problem, I accept your apology. I would take ODB over Dez fwiw.
It's really not worth anything to me but I respect your decision to rank ODB ahead of Dez.
Could be worth $300,000 to you. :shrug:

Drafting Dez over ODB will cost you that opportunity.
Never had the chance to take ODB over Dez. Got two shares of Dez and ODB was already off the board both times. ODB even went 1.1 in one of them. Was that you by chance? Haha.

The truth is they are both good picks pretty much no matter where you take them. You could make a case for either.

Apologies. He did clearly state that he would have taken AP or Charles there.
no problem, I accept your apology. I would take ODB over Dez fwiw.
It's really not worth anything to me but I respect your decision to rank ODB ahead of Dez.
Could be worth $300,000 to you. :shrug:

Drafting Dez over ODB will cost you that opportunity.
:lmao: love it!

From the 4 hole tonight:

Brees (8)

Hill (2), Miller (3), J-Stew (4), Martin (7), Starks (14), K. Robinson (15), A. Williams (17), Taliaferro (20)

Brown (1), A. Robinson (5), Watkins (6), Decker (9), D. Parker (13), B. Coleman (16)

Reed (10), Gates (11), Donnell (12)

Panthers (18)

Bailey (19)

Heavier on RB than I normally am, combo of a conscious decision and players falling. Don't like waiting til the 10th to take a TE - but will slough it off every time if you can guarantee me that trio in the 10th-12th.

From the 4 hole tonight:

Brees (8)

Hill (2), Miller (3), J-Stew (4), Martin (7), Starks (14), K. Robinson (15), A. Williams (17), Taliaferro (20)

Brown (1), A. Robinson (5), Watkins (6), Decker (9), D. Parker (13), B. Coleman (16)

Reed (10), Gates (11), Donnell (12)

Panthers (18)

Bailey (19)

Heavier on RB than I normally am, combo of a conscious decision and players falling. Don't like waiting til the 10th to take a TE - but will slough it off every time if you can guarantee me that trio in the 10th-12th.
Looks solid. Very balanced. You get production from the TE spot, this team has alot of promise. Picking flexes every week will be maddening.

Pick #6 last night. Took some chances on some RBs that may or may not get a lot of work.

P Manning(7), Palmer(16)
Charles(1), Morris(5), Bell(6), Freeman(8), Oliver(14), Matt Jones(15)
Cobb(2), Hopkins(3), Allen(4), T Williams(10), T Smith(11), Marvin Jones(13), Cotchery(20)
Miller(9), Ebron(12), Tamme(17)
Den D(18)
Barth(19)

What do y'all think?

Pick #6 last night. Took some chances on some RBs that may or may not get a lot of work.

P Manning(7), Palmer(16)
Cobb(2), Hopkins(3), Allen(4), T Williams(10), T Smith(11), Marvin Jones(13), Cotchery(20)
Den D(18)
Barth(19)

What do y'all think?
I worry about the upside of your team.

P Manning(7), Palmer(16)
Den D(18)
Barth(19)

What do y'all think?
I worry about the upside of your team.
I would agree. A lot of solid options so you definitely have a chance, but not seeing who greatly outperforms their draft position to turn you into a super team.

Torrey Smith could be great value if you predict his big weeks, but hard to do. Ebron theoretically has the talent to step up for you if he can greatly reduce the drops and garner a bigger share of Stafford's attention.

Been quiet so I will post another draft.. Let me have it...

Romo, Eli

Hill, Gore, Mathews, M. Jones, D. Herron, J. White, Payne, D. Williams

Dez, A. Johnson, A. Robinson, J. Maclin, V. Jackson,

Eifert, V. Davis

Buffalo, Miami

Carpenter

Romo, Eli

Eifert, V. Davis

Buffalo, Miami

Carpenter
Pretty solid. Unusually weak at rb for your teams? Handcuff central. Were you modeling after my drafts here? Ha

Good team tho, although this looks like a very common grouping of guys for a tournament like this..

Romo, Eli

Eifert, V. Davis

Buffalo, Miami

Carpenter
Pretty solid. Unusually weak at rb for your teams? Handcuff central. Were you modeling after my drafts here? Ha

Good team tho, although this looks like a very common grouping of guys for a tournament like this..
Sort of I like to make sure I have one stud RB though when I go real WR Heavy...

I got rolled tonight from the 1 slot, definitely my least favorite team so far:

Luck (3)

Bell (1), Stewart (4), Martin (6), Duke Johnson (11), DeAngelo (12), Gray (13), Starks (14), Taliaferro (16), J. Allen (17)

Hilton (2), A-Rob (5), Fitz (7), White (8), Britt (15), DGB (20)

Gates (9), Donnell (10)

Panthers (18)

Vinatieri (19)

TEs went off by far the earliest I have seen this year, fueled by someone taking 4 in their first 9 picks. 10 off in first 6 rounds and 16 off after 8 rounds. Love Gates and Donnell as 17th and 21st TEs off the board, but probably pretty weak there overall.

Initially, I thought my big mistake was taking Luck. And while I regret it right now, don't know if I like my team all that much more with Evans at WR instead of say White and a middle of the pack QB. Luck at least saves me a roster spot for the first 9 weeks. Think this was a tough draft overall, and being on an end didn't help in picking off value.

Fitz in the 7th was a reach for me, but didn't know where else to go. Luck locked me out of QB and TE value at that point was horrible. I could have gone 4th RB, but I have Fitz handily outscoring the available RBs. This is the domino effect of Luck in the 3rd.

I think the taking Luck early angle is obvious, but interested if anyone can provide advice on where else I went wrong.

Drafts don't seem to be getting any easier for some reason... I had one guy that was a little lost last night from the 1 hole, he took blue in 4th round....

My team ended up ok but will have to see how it plays out. Like you said taking a QB in the third shortens you somewhere

Rodgers, Dalton

Lacy, Hill, Abdullah. Gio, C. Simms, D. Williams

Maclin, Watkins, V. Jackson, Funchess, M. Jones, Hurns, Harvin

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter

From the two hole last night. I don't like it. I have the one spot in a couple leagues coming up, and this ensures I will not go after Gronk so early. I just don't care for the way it turned out. I felt like I was reaching all night.

Tannehill, Bridgewater

Miller, L. Murray, Spiller, Jennings, Oliver

Hilton, Jackson, Agholor, Ch Johnson, Ma Floyd, Marvin Jones, Bowe

Gronk, Green, Housler, Rodgers

Haushka

Cincinnati

The more I look at it, the more I don't like it. I better hit on a couple waiver wire gems, or this team is toast. Confirms I don't like the front end of the draft this year. I would prefer to be in the middle. I was alway one or two away from the guy I wanted in the even rounds.

Oh well, one more FBG draft and two main events left. I don't think I can do much worse.

Drafts don't seem to be getting any easier for some reason... I had one guy that was a little lost last night from the 1 hole, he took blue in 4th round....

My team ended up ok but will have to see how it plays out. Like you said taking a QB in the third shortens you somewhere

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter
Pretty poor overall. WR core is scary bad IMO. Don't think there's even a WR2 in that bunch. Those TE's also are pretty underwhelming. Think u can compete in the league for a playoff spot, but that seems like the ceiling here. Looks like middle of the pack in a 12 teamer.

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter
Pretty poor overall. WR core is scary bad IMO. Don't think there's even a WR2 in that bunch. Those TE's also are pretty underwhelming. Think u can compete in the league for a playoff spot, but that seems like the ceiling here. Looks like middle of the pack in a 12 teamer.
After what I saw last night Maclin is a WR1... He looked great against an outstanding defense.. The rest yeah what can I say...

I love the TEs though, I think a bunch of the TEs that keep going before these guys will not end up half as good.. I just need one of them to be good..

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter
You don't seem to like any though and you are a pretty bad judge.. In saying that I'm glad you don't like it because that means it will run away with the league and win money... lol

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter
You don't seem to like any though and you are a pretty bad judge.. In saying that I'm glad you don't like it because that means it will run away with the league and win money... lol

Solid team with lot of upside. Those receivers will just be fine. Love the upside of the RBs..

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter
There are plenty of teams I like. Just read above. This team you drafted isn't good. It is possible that every team u draft isn't the best. You defending that TE group is laughable to be honest.. It's a terrible TE core. U can think otherwise though. Good luck

And calling any WR that Alex Smith throws to as a possible WR1 is just as comical. I'll be stunned if he's a top 20 WR this year...stunned.

Last season I took Maclin as my number one and rookie Kelvin Benjamin as my number two and a bunch of fillers after taking Charles, Marshawn,Peyton and Olsen and no one thought that team was worth #### either. Won my league regular season and playoffs and finished top 100 overall iffy chess is this years Benjamin I think your in business Coots

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter
There are plenty of teams I like. Just read above. This team you drafted isn't good. It is possible that every team u draft isn't the best. You defending that TE group is laughable to be honest.. It's a terrible TE core. U can think otherwise though. Good luck
Mark this post so we can revisit at seasons end... Yes I like these TEs... Remember last year when you were in LOVE with Ebron and I told you he would SUCK... This is the same thing, wait and watch...

If Funchess that would read
I agree.... I think V. Jackson is way under rated this year too... It will be interesting to see it play out... Taking Rodgers made me one WR short... Getting Jackson late 7th round and Gio in the 8th I believe is great value for both... I have never seen Gio go that late..

Rodgers, Dalton

Hill, Green, Reed

Miami

Carpenter
Mark this post so we can revisit at seasons end... Yes I like these TEs... Remember last year when you were in LOVE with Ebron and I told you he would SUCK... This is the same thing, wait and watch...
Just pretend someone other then yourself drafted this team and then evaluate it.

It's mediocre at best.

Mark this and let me know which of the 30 teams this is.

Ok, one last one.

QB- Roethlisberger, Cam

RB- Forsett, Stewart, D Johnson, Reggie Bush, Matt Jones, Artis-Payne, Dunbar

WR- Brown, Hilton, Tate, Bowe, Green-Beckham, Huff

TE- Ertz, Cameron, Cook

K/D- Parkey, Browns

Ok, one last one.

QB- Roethlisberger, Cam

RB- Forsett, Stewart, D Johnson, Reggie Bush, Matt Jones, Artis-Payne, Dunbar

WR- Brown, Hilton, Tate, Bowe, Green-Beckham, Huff

TE- Ertz, Cameron, Cook

K/D- Parkey, Browns
Think u missed some spots in that 6-9 range. Assuming the Ertz/Cameron picks were right in that area. Don't see much difference between those 2 and the TE's going in the rd 10-12 range. RB's after JStew very questionable as well. Think taking 1 of those young backs (Coleman/Cobb/Johnson) instead of 1 of those TE's there and the other TE later would have served this team better.

Like your first 5 rds here, after that, not so much.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of us just did a lot worse than we thought

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers' "initial diagnosis" on Jordy Nelson's knee injury is a torn left anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)

Just killer to have these top guys going down like this...

Adams owners just hit the lottery for sure..

Bummer but feeling a little better about this team (drafted from corner spot couple of weeks ago)

P.Manning, C.Palmer

M.Lynch, M.Forte, F.Gore, A.Abdullah, D.Herron, J.Thompson

A.Johnson, A.Robinson, J.Brown, D.Adams, S.Johnson, D.Funchess, J.Huff

ASJ, A.Gates, R.Rodgers

Minnesota, Shuisham

Bummer but feeling a little better about this team (drafted from corner spot couple of weeks ago)

P.Manning, C.Palmer

ASJ, A.Gates, R.Rodgers

Minnesota, Shuisham
Every Adams team looks alot better. Their WR4/5 just became a WR2 with upside.

Any thoughts on this squad:

QB: Roth, Brady

RB: Forte, Ellington, R. Jennings, Woodhead, D. Robinson

WR: Dez, M. Bryant, Royal, D. Parker, G. Jennings

TE: Olsen, Gates

Def: Buf, NYJ

To me its looking weak at wr, had to reach for royal since wr were drafted early and often, but I hope i made up for it by getting good TE's.

First time drafting FBG Players Championship team. Had the 12th pick. Overall I think I did alright. The 3rd and 4th round picks are my only ones I was a little frustrated by. Mike Evans and Aaron Roders went right before me and I had both of them queued up. Let me know how I did and where I could have improved.

P Manning, T Bridgewater

M Lynch, F Gore, TJ Yeldon, R Mathews, K Davis, J Allen

O Beckham, J Edelman, N Agholor, B Perriman, R Randle, C Latimer

Z Ertz, A Gates, C Fleener

C Barth

Jets D, Cincy D

First time drafting FBG Players Championship team. Had the 12th pick. Overall I think I did alright. The 3rd and 4th round picks are my only ones I was a little frustrated by. Mike Evans and Aaron Roders went right before me and I had both of them queued up. Let me know how I did and where I could have improved.

P Manning, T Bridgewater

M Lynch, F Gore, TJ Yeldon, R Mathews, K Davis, J Allen

O Beckham, J Edelman, N Agholor, B Perriman, R Randle, C Latimer

Z Ertz, A Gates, C Fleener

C Barth

Jets D, Cincy D
Solid draft overall... You should do well within your league

Aunt Jemima said:
I like it, I worry about having both Hill and Gio but if one goes down the other becomes an uber stud... I have found myself with that combo a number of times now too because Gio is falling so far.. Hope they can both be viable at times...

You should do well Terry

Any thoughts on this squad:

QB: Roth, Brady

RB: Forte, Ellington, R. Jennings, Woodhead, D. Robinson

WR: Dez, M. Bryant, Royal, D. Parker, G. Jennings

TE: Olsen, Gates

Def: Buf, NYJ

To me its looking weak at wr, had to reach for royal since wr were drafted early and often, but I hope i made up for it by getting good TE's.
This could be a boom or bust team.. Has plenty of explosiveness but also could fall completely flat. Wish you had one more middle of the road WR..

Good Luck

P.Manning, C.Palmer

ASJ, A.Gates, R.Rodgers

Minnesota, Shuisham
I will buy it off you... Looked good before, looks GREAT NOW..

From the 3 hole:

QB: Ryan (10), Bridgewater (14)

RB: Gordon (5), Martin (6), Sankey (8), Cobb (9), Sims (11), Denard Rob (17), Oliver (18)

WR: Dez (1), Hilton (2), Evans (3), Tate (4), Green-Beckham (16), Huff (19)

TE: Eifert (7), Donnell (12), L. Green (13)

Def: Seattle (15)

K: Barth (20)
Andrew it just seems you are struggling to get into a good flow...

This team isn't horrible but I don't think it goes anywhere either... You have 4 picks used in the top 11 rounds on probably the two worst backfields in football.. Its tough to count on much production..

That guy got you off your game last night, you should of let it go...

Just my thoughts
Martin not looking to bad as a zero-RB now ay? Or u still think Sims is starting day 1?

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/watch-doug-martin-moves-the-chains-about-cincinnati-bengals-at-tampa-bay-buccaneers-preseason-week-2-on-nfl-preseason-52_yl

This is vintage rookie year Dougie Fresh. Winston also looked terrific. Wish I had more shares of Dougie.

From the 3 hole:

RB: Gordon (5), Martin (6), Sankey (8), Cobb (9), Sims (11), Denard Rob (17), Oliver (18)

This team isn't horrible but I don't think it goes anywhere either... You have 4 picks used in the top 11 rounds on probably the two worst backfields in football.. Its tough to count on much production..

Just my thoughts
Martin not looking to bad as a zero-RB now ay? Or u still think Sims is starting day 1?

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/watch-doug-martin-moves-the-chains-about-cincinnati-bengals-at-tampa-bay-buccaneers-preseason-week-2-on-nfl-preseason-52_yl

This is vintage rookie year Dougie Fresh. Winston also looked terrific. Wish I had more shares of Dougie.
Looked great last year in preseason too when everyone moved him back up into the 2nd round...

No I am not impressed at all.... Did you watch the first game????

From the 3 hole:

Just my thoughts

You are going to struggle in the league like I said... It will be very hard for you to compete..

M. Evans also doesn't have a catch yet and tweaked his hammy.. Does this mean he shouldn't be drafted?? Just wondering so that I can change my rankings.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread