What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Decided it would be a good idea to do draft 2 teams in the same time slot. Think it worked out OK despite the split attention.

From the 7 slot:

Eli (11), Kaepernick (16)

Forsett (2), Freeman (8), Mathews (9), K. Davis (12), Starks (13), J. Allen (15), Bradshaw (18), C. Michael (20)

Julio (1), Hopkins (4), A. Robinson (5), Maclin (6), V-Jax (7)

Olsen (3), Reed (10), L. Green (14)

Colts (17)

Bailey (19)

From the 2 slot:

Romo (9), Bradford (13)

Bell (1), McCoy (2), Yeldon (6), D. Williams (10), J. Gray (14), M. Jones (15), Dunbar (16), Taliaferro (18)

Evans (3), Marshall (5), R. White (7), V-Jax (8), DGB (17)

Bennett (4), Gates (11), L. Green (12)

Colts (19)

Novak (20)
Like the 2nd team ALOT more. Think the RB advantage on team 2 far supersedes the minimal upgrades at TE/WR on team 1. And wow drafting 2 teams at one time is crazy.
Agree on both points, might be in a pickle when it comes to RB2 in the first league, but might be because Im not very high on Freeman personally.

Decided it would be a good idea to do draft 2 teams in the same time slot. Think it worked out OK despite the split attention.

From the 7 slot:

Forsett (2), Freeman (8), Mathews (9), K. Davis (12), Starks (13), J. Allen (15), Bradshaw (18), C. Michael (20)

Colts (17)

Bailey (19)

From the 2 slot:

Romo (9), Bradford (13)

Bell (1), McCoy (2), Yeldon (6), D. Williams (10), J. Gray (14), M. Jones (15), Dunbar (16), Taliaferro (18)

Colts (19)

Novak (20)
Like the 2nd team ALOT more. Think the RB advantage on team 2 far supersedes the minimal upgrades at TE/WR on team 1. And wow drafting 2 teams at one time is crazy.
Wow we agree completely for once....

Drafted this team on Saturday. Didn't like the way it started, but thought I ended up ok. Thoughts?

Brady (11), Palmer (15)

Charles (1), McCoy (2), Stewart (5), FJax (14), James White (16), Oliver (17)

Sanders (3), Edelman (4), Fitzgerald (8), Steve Smith (9), Terrance Williams (10), Marvin Jones (13), Marquess Wilson (20)

Walker (6), Witten (7), Ebron (12)

Car (18)

Crosby (19)

From the 7 slot:

Colts (17)

Bailey (19)

From the 2 slot:

Romo (9), Bradford (13)

Colts (19)

Novak (20)
I would concur.

I don't hate the 1st team, because RB2 is one of the easier holes to patch together and I have a couple guys that could step up with the right injury. But this is FAR from a top team in the league. By the time the 5th round came along, next RBs taken after A-Rob were Gurley, Foster, and Doug Martin. First 2 I didn't want the uncertainty and I thought that was early for Martin given that O-line. By the 6th Gurley and Foster were off the board, and by the 7th there were only part-time guys that weren't significantly better than Freeman in my mind. If I could do it all over again, RB in the 3rd instead of Olsen might be the better route.

The 2nd draft left a lot more value on the board at RB.

I am not liking the 4-8 spots this year (3 of my 4 drafts have of course been 7 or 8). I have a tier break after 16 overall, so you miss out on the great 2nd rounder. And then I have another after 27 overall, so you run the risk of missing out on a better 3rd rounder than the late picks as well. Though 4 or 5 hole you might luck into a person or two picking outside top 27 to get you up a tier.

Drafted this team on Saturday. Didn't like the way it started, but thought I ended up ok. Thoughts?

Brady (11), Palmer (15)

Sanders (3), Edelman (4), Fitzgerald (8), Steve Smith (9), Terrance Williams (10), Marvin Jones (13), Marquess Wilson (20)

Car (18)

Crosby (19)
I think it lacks the "sexy" upside players, but a lot of solid picks. I think Stewart in the 5th, Fitz and Smitty in 8th/9th and Brady in the 11th are all good value. In hindsight, Wilson is a good dart throw with White sidelined.

Not sure you necessarily have the potential break-out players at this point to make noise in the championship round unless Charles/McCoy go off, but could easily see this team in the league playoffs.

Brady (11), Palmer (15)

Car (18)

Crosby (19)
If this was 2012 that team would dominate. I think you lack the upside needed to win your league.

Drafted from the 8th spot on Sunday. Like the team I drafted in mid-July much better.

Peyton, Kaep

Morris, Ivory, Joique, Sankey, Deangelo, Polk, Starks

ODB, Cobb, Alshon, Robinson, Stevie, Huff

Allen, Daniels, Celek

Denver/Bailey

CJ got sniped right in front of me in the 2nd and Ellington in the 3rd. Wish I'd have taken another TE earlier. Think I can compete with those RBs?

Just drafted from 7 for my last FBG draft. Clearly Im looking for someone at RB2/3 but love my WR group and getting Cam in 10th:

QB- Cam Newton, Carson Palmer

RB- Matt Forte, Chris Ivory, Isaiah Crowell, Jonas Gray, Lance Dunbar, James Starks

WR- Dez Bryant, Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson, Breshad Perriman, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson

TE- Kyle Rudolph, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Garrett Graham

K/D- Justin Tucker/Pittsburgh

ffrookie said:
Just drafted from 7 for my last FBG draft. Clearly Im looking for someone at RB2/3 but love my WR group and getting Cam in 10th:

QB- Cam Newton, Carson Palmer

RB- Matt Forte, Chris Ivory, Isaiah Crowell, Jonas Gray, Lance Dunbar, James Starks

WR- Dez Bryant, Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson, Breshad Perriman, Marvin Jones, Marquess Wilson

TE- Kyle Rudolph, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Garrett Graham

K/D- Justin Tucker/Pittsburgh
Wow, Dez or Forte fell to 18 overall. Terrific start given there is no way you should have both of those guys given draft slot.

You loaded up on 2nd year WRs, and if they hit could be really big for you.

I am guessing I am not a huge fan of your 6th and 7th round picks, but 8th and 9th are likely pretty good value. I like Gray and Starks later on.

It was an odd draft. Luck went at 2.2 and Forte fell to me at 18. Even though I don't think Forte has as good of a year he is a great value at that spot. In round 6, I took Ivory and round 7 Rudolph (was hoping for Cameron).

pyatig said:
Drafted from the 8th spot on Sunday. Like the team I drafted in mid-July much better.

Peyton, Kaep

Allen, Daniels, Celek

Denver/Bailey

CJ got sniped right in front of me in the 2nd and Ellington in the 3rd. Wish I'd have taken another TE earlier. Think I can compete with those RBs?
RB is obviously not great given lack of premium picks, but I think TE is a weakness as well. In best ball Allen and Daniels would be a great combo - I think they will be inconsistent and hard to pick week-to-week however. Celek later on could be a great value pick if Ertz doesn't get back to 100%.

I think you went the right direction rather than reaching on RB, you need to give yourself a chance and if you hit on some of those RBs with question marks you could be dangerous.

pyatig said:

Peyton, Kaep

Allen, Daniels, Celek

Denver/Bailey

It might be a tough road but if you can grab someone on the waiver wire it could be a contender..

It was an odd draft. Luck went at 2.2 and Forte fell to me at 18. Even though I don't think Forte has as good of a year he is a great value at that spot. In round 6, I took Ivory and round 7 Rudolph (was hoping for Cameron).
Forte has been slipping, I've seen him go in that spot many times... I have passed on him several times for J. Hill instead...

Forte has been slipping, I've seen him go in that spot many times... I have passed on him several times for J. Hill instead...
I saw you were taking Hill over the likes of Cobb as well. I was not of the mind that Hill was worthy of that level of investment, but I am sure you do much more research/ your own projections than I do and I respect your opinion.

Would you mind sharing either how many PPR points you have Hill projected for or what position you are taking him at (e.g. RB6)?

Yea Forte is going in that range in all my drafts. Not really great value, pretty much expected to be there anywhere from picks 14-24. Guess people rather leave the party early then arrive at last call. Myself, I still prefer Forte to Hill in PPR. Think Forte's floor is still 50-60 rec's. that seems like Hill's absolute ceiling to me. And I love Hill, but give me the old man Forte still in PPR.

I saw you were taking Hill over the likes of Cobb as well. I was not of the mind that Hill was worthy of that level of investment, but I am sure you do much more research/ your own projections than I do and I respect your opinion.

Would you mind sharing either how many PPR points you have Hill projected for or what position you are taking him at (e.g. RB6)?
I don't mind...

I have Hill projected very high obviously, maybe higher than most.. I had him a ton last year and watched him every game, his talent has immense upside.

I have him ranked as the #7 RB right now and could see him somewhere between 260 and 290 at seasons end for PPR...

Yea Forte is going in that range in all my drafts. Not really great value, pretty much expected to be there anywhere from picks 14-24. Guess people rather leave the party early then arrive at last call. Myself, I still prefer Forte to Hill in PPR. Think Forte's floor is still 50-60 rec's. that seems like Hill's absolute ceiling to me. And I love Hill, but give me the old man Forte still in PPR.
I don't mind Forte... I just worry about the wheels falling off the team instead of him.. It could get ugly in the second half of season for Chicago..

I frigging hate pick 12 by the way.... Every time I get it I hate my team afterwards...

Got lucky the first couple times I had it because I took Abdullah in the 6th that might save me but struggled in my last one.

I don't mind Forte... I just worry about the wheels falling off the team instead of him.. It could get ugly in the second half of season for Chicago..
Yea this White injury will only boost Fortes targets. He'll still be the #2 receiving option in the passing game. Not buying this Eddie Royal love. He'll be the same Eddie Royal hes always been. He'll go on fire for a 3-4 week stretch, then you wont hear from him for a month. If Forte can give you another 1k rushing which isn't that unrealistic, his floor is still incredibly high in PPR formats. I really cannot see any way he doesn't catch 60+ balls in this offense.

Yea this White injury will only boost Fortes targets. He'll still be the #2 receiving option in the passing game. Not buying this Eddie Royal love. He'll be the same Eddie Royal hes always been. He'll go on fire for a 3-4 week stretch, then you wont hear from him for a month. If Forte can give you another 1k rushing which isn't that unrealistic, his floor is still incredibly high in PPR formats. I really cannot see any way he doesn't catch 60+ balls in this offense.
White wasn't going to be a big part of that offense to start anyways. The coaching changes have me putting Forte on the do not draft list. Sounds like you have Forte on a team or two. :no:

I have been on Royal since the very beginning.. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people... Everyone forgets his and Cutlers connection, he had over a 90 catch season in Denver...

Bennett will be second option though most likely...

White wasn't going to be a big part of that offense to start anyways. The coaching changes have me putting Forte on the do not draft list. Sounds like you have Forte on a team or two. :no:
Close. I have him on a whopping zero teams.

From the 3 hole:

QB: Ryan (10), Bridgewater (14)

RB: Gordon (5), Martin (6), Sankey (8), Cobb (9), Sims (11), Denard Rob (17), Oliver (18)

WR: Dez (1), Hilton (2), Evans (3), Tate (4), Green-Beckham (16), Huff (19)

TE: Eifert (7), Donnell (12), L. Green (13)

Def: Seattle (15)

K: Barth (20)

Last edited by a moderator:
From the 3 hole:

QB: Ryan (10), Bridgewater (14)

RB: Gordon (5), Martin (6), Sankey (8), Cobb (9), Sims (11), Denard Rob (17), Oliver (18)

WR: Dez (1), Hilton (2), Evans (3), Tate (4), Green-Beckham (16), Huff (19)

TE: Eifert (7), Donnell (12), L. Green (13)

Def: Seattle (15)

K: Barth (20)
Andrew it just seems you are struggling to get into a good flow...

This team isn't horrible but I don't think it goes anywhere either... You have 4 picks used in the top 11 rounds on probably the two worst backfields in football.. Its tough to count on much production..

That guy got you off your game last night, you should of let it go...

Just my thoughts

That clown didnt impact my draft at all Coots. Pretty much got the guys I was targeting. Clearly I'm going boom or bust in these drafts. Tennessee has 1 of, if not the softest schedule in the NFL this year. If 1 of Sankey/Cobb is decent, I'll be fine at RB. Also don't think Tampa's offense is bad either.

And Lucky for you he took Miller and let Forsett slide lol.

That clown didnt impact my draft at all Coots. Pretty much got the guys I was targeting. Clearly I'm going boom or bust in these drafts. Tennessee has 1 of, if not the softest schedule in the NFL this year. If 1 of Sankey/Cobb is decent, I'll be fine at RB. Also don't think Tampa's offense is bad either.

And Lucky for you he took Miller and let Forsett slide lol.
Man I was just looking at the draft board again... You were in position to just kill this draft... I think you got too cute is all man..

Draft is only 60% of these leagues anyway... Waivers and coaching dictate a lot..

Oh yea? Which team are u then? Hallies Night? Of you just use fake owner names on your teams?
Hallies is my team...

Probably should of passed on ALF, my plan going in was a WR there but couldn't pass him up in the 6th... Looking back I kind of wish I would have because the receivers that came back to me in the 7th wasn't good... Oh well...

And agree that 1st team is strong. Was hoping either Bell/Brown fell to 3. Dont want gronk in the 1st, not the formula I'm going for. I know u don't like any teams that don't have those uber studs at RB also.

I'm assuming u thought I should have taken Spiller at 4.10. Could be right but for a guy who's seemingly hurt every year to already be hurt before he plays a game...just not very high on him. Was really hoping L Murray fell there but it didnt happen

And agree that 1st team is strong. Was hoping either Bell/Brown fell to 3. Dont want gronk in the 1st, not the formula I'm going for. I know u don't like any teams that don't have those uber studs at RB also.

I'm assuming u thought I should have taken Spiller at 4.10. Could be right but for a guy who's seemingly hurt every year to already be hurt before he plays a game...just not very high on him. Was really hoping L Murray fell there but it didnt happen
Not necessarily.. I think spiller would of been a good pick for you there with your start and would of made you more balanced for sure.. Don't mind your strategy at the top it was your middle that really fell flat for me to be honest...

For me I cannot start with Dez right there honestly.. With AP and Charles to anchor your RB core you can go WR all day after that and just try to find an RB2 later...

I cannot argue with Dez though because I love the guy and think he could be the number 1 WR easily this year...

I agree with Gronk I haven't been able to pull the trigger either... Its hard to make a really solid team around him..

AP was a thought there. Not Charles tho. He averaged just over 16 touches/game last year. Sure he maximizes his touches like no other RB but clearly they're trying to limit his touches throughout the season, great for real life Charles. Not so much in fantasy. At least at 3, wanted no part of him there. Agree on Dez, he's the #2 WR on my board.

Alf was my other choice where I took Gordon. And very well could be better. I prefer the unknown in Gordon. Could be a special player, Alf we know what he is really. Solid yet unspectacular.

Funny tho, I was hoping Alf fell to 6.10!

Gulp...

Kelvin Benjamin was carted off the practice field Wednesday with an apparent left knee injury.

The Panthers and Dolphins opened joint practices Wednesday, and Benjamin was doing a one-on-one drill with Dolphins SS Reshad Jones. Benjamin went down with what appeared to be a non-contact left knee problem and the cart was called out onto the field. It doesn't sound great. We'll provide an update as soon as the Panthers comment on Benjamin's status.

Gulp...

Kelvin Benjamin was carted off the practice field Wednesday with an apparent left knee injury.

The Panthers and Dolphins opened joint practices Wednesday, and Benjamin was doing a one-on-one drill with Dolphins SS Reshad Jones. Benjamin went down with what appeared to be a non-contact left knee problem and the cart was called out onto the field. It doesn't sound great. We'll provide an update as soon as the Panthers comment on Benjamin's status.
DONE FOR YEAR....... Not good

Yea anytime there's no contact, it's almost always season-ending. Visions of Victor Cruz. Downgrade entire Carolina offense

Gulp...

I was thinking him or Andre Johnson. Went Johnson and then regretted it. The fantasy football gods must have been telling me something.

Rivera calling it a knee sprain pending an MRI

One can only hope. As a Benjamin owner, after seeing that video, id sign for a 4-6 week timetable and run.

Was in a draft the other night and passed on Benjamin at 4.11... Got lucky that one guy left on the board was ranked higher in my rankings... I would of taken him in a heartbeat there...

Just crazy, I hate preseason

Not necessarily.. I think spiller would of been a good pick for you there with your start and would of made you more balanced for sure.. Don't mind your strategy at the top it was your middle that really fell flat for me to be honest...

For me I cannot start with Dez right there honestly.. With AP and Charles to anchor your RB core you can go WR all day after that and just try to find an RB2 later...

I cannot argue with Dez though because I love the guy and think he could be the number 1 WR easily this year...

I agree with Gronk I haven't been able to pull the trigger either... Its hard to make a really solid team around him..
Why can't you start with Dez there? Just curious.

He's 27 and has averaged 91 rec, 1,311 yds and 13.6 TD's over the last three years. Thats right around 300 fantasy points a year, close to 19 a game.

If you have the guy as a lock to hit 300 pts wouldn't you just take him regardless of position?

Personnally I believe it is a wiser choice than taking a 29 or 30 year old RB. But I guess that is just my opinion.

Nice pick.

Why can't you start with Dez there? Just curious.

He's 27 and has averaged 91 rec, 1,311 yds and 13.6 TD's over the last three years. Thats right around 300 fantasy points a year, close to 19 a game.

If you have the guy as a lock to hit 300 pts wouldn't you just take him regardless of position?

Personnally I believe it is a wiser choice than taking a 29 or 30 year old RB. But I guess that is just my opinion.

Nice pick.
He told you why in his post.

With AP and Charles to anchor your RB core you can go WR all day after that and just try to find an RB2 later...

Users who are viewing this thread