What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (4 Viewers)

thecardiackid said:
I'm thinkin buy low here w that D and schedule.    
Josh Wells really struggled in pass pro against the Titans and there is no Plan B, so Jags are going to need a heavy dose of a healthy Fournette to meet season expectations

Just looked at my draft bc I didn’t remember who I took him over, needed a refresher.

I wanted everyone who went ahead of him. Kamara went 6 & then Barkley 7, I wanted them both and took him at 8.

I took him over Gordon, which I regret now. Luckily, I took C McCaff on the trip back. 

Terrible pick though!
I wanted Fournette at #8 so bad in the main event, he went #5 though.  Sometimes you need luck for somebody else in the draft to save you from a bad pick.

Just looked at my draft bc I didn’t remember who I took him over, needed a refresher.

I wanted everyone who went ahead of him. Kamara went 6 & then Barkley 7, I wanted them both and took him at 8.

I took him over Gordon, which I regret now. Luckily, I took C McCaff on the trip back. 

Terrible pick though!
I imagine a lot of us who had a late first round pick are in the same position. I am in a 14-team league and was over the moon at having Fournette/CMC as a 1-2 punch, and gladly gave up starting WR value going RB-RB. I have a feeling others with that combo felt the same/similar.

Next week CMC is on a bye, and we can't have any faith whatsoever that Fournette will play.

It's RB quandry time for us Fournette/CMC owners -- what's your WK4 plan?

Mine just might have to be Tarik Cohen and Philip Lindsay. Ugh.  

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
I imagine a lot of us who had a late first round pick are in the same position. I am in a 14-team league and was over the moon at having Fournette/CMC as a 1-2 punch, and gladly gave up starting WR value going RB-RB. I have a feeling others with that combo felt the same/similar.

Next week CMC is on a bye, and we can't have any faith whatsoever that Fournette will play.

It's RB quandry time for us Fournette/CMC owners -- what's your WK4 plan?

Mine just might have to be Tarik Cohen and Philip Lindsay. Ugh.  
Yea, very happy to have him as well. 

I took James Conner with like the 100th pick, which gives me some rope here. 

Nonetheless, Fournette is permanently on my DND list. Might just make a rule that anyone that skips a bowl game due to fear of injury is on my DND list moving forward. Those are the kind of players that know how injury prone they are. 

When Fournette is active, and you don't see a stat line change for like half a quarter, you already know. I don't like having a guy where my biggest fear is will he finish the game, when he plays. 

Yea, very happy to have him as well. 

I took James Conner with like the 100th pick, which gives me some rope here. 

Nonetheless, Fournette is permanently on my DND list. Might just make a rule that anyone that skips a bowl game due to fear of injury is on my DND list moving forward. Those are the kind of players that know how injury prone they are. 

When Fournette is active, and you don't see a stat line change for like half a quarter, you already know. I don't like having a guy where my biggest fear is will he finish the game, when he plays. 
CMC also skipped his bowl game, FWIW.

My backup plan is Hyde into my lineup, he was on the bench this week which cost me a w, oh well.. with baker he’s a legit rb now, and has looked good...

Prob going to have to insert Chris Carson if he is out again with CMC on a bye. 

Not ideal, but hopefully he sees 200 touches so he can get me 70 yards and a TD.

I put it out there that I was open to trading Fournette, but the interest was tepid (putting that gently).

Isn't this very similar to what was reported last friday?  That he looked very good making cuts, or somethign along those lines?
The quote last week was:

Leonard Fournette moved well in individual drills and caught a screen pass during the early portion of Wednesday's practice.#Jaguars
with an accompanying video of him doing some ladder drills/high stepping, which he looked pretty good doing. This is the first there's been mention of sharp cuts, but I'm waiting to hear if he does more than individual drills today.

The quote last week was:

with an accompanying video of him doing some ladder drills/high stepping, which he looked pretty good doing. This is the first there's been mention of sharp cuts, but I'm waiting to hear if he does more than individual drills today.
Thanks for posting.  That does sound a bit better.

meh.if you get 6 good games out o fthis clown you'll be lucky.

disclaimer: I have him on my roster. haven't even thought about him..when he plays 3 consecutive 'good' games, I'll put him in my lineup. 

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) went through positional drills again and looked good and healthy. (Picked some simpler adjectives for you guys today...) A.J. Cann (triceps) was working with the 1s during the early part of practice open to the media. Positive sign.
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1045345127106064384

Positional drills instead of individual work (which I think is all he did last week) is a good sign, but I'm not sure we're in any better of a boat this week than we were last week. If he doesn't get in a full practice tomorrow I'll be a little worried going into Sunday. Thankfully it's an early game though, so we'll be able to react accordingly.

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1045345127106064384

Positional drills instead of individual work (which I think is all he did last week) is a good sign, but I'm not sure we're in any better of a boat this week than we were last week. If he doesn't get in a full practice tomorrow I'll be a little worried going into Sunday. Thankfully it's an early game though, so we'll be able to react accordingly.
Who else do they have? Grant? Yeldon is banged up. Is there someone I am missing?  If he weren't playing, I would think they would have picked someone up. 

Who else do they have? Grant? Yeldon is banged up. Is there someone I am missing?  If he weren't playing, I would think they would have picked someone up. 
Yeldon is practicing today after a DNP yesterday, so he's ahead of the curve of where he was last week. He didn't participate in practice Wednesday or Thursday last week and still suited up, so my expectation is he'll be good to go for Sunday, with him and Grant splitting carries (all assuming Fournette does not suit up).

Jay Cutleritis 

ETA: I think we need to seriously consider the Fragile Fournette nickname 
I second this. I really can’t stand the fact he hasn’t practiced in full yet.    Based my season on this pos who was gonna give it a go after halftime Ins the game he tweaked his ####.   Disgusted with fragile Fournette 

I second this. I really can’t stand the fact he hasn’t practiced in full yet.    Based my season on this pos who was gonna give it a go after halftime Ins the game he tweaked his ####.   Disgusted with fragile Fournette 
I avoided him completely and bought Yeldon anywhere I could because of his injury concerns. 

Long term, you have to wonder if this affects how Jacksonville uses FF. Yeldon is doing a fairly good job, and is effective in the passing game. Perhaps, in an effort to keep him healthier, once FF comes back he may end up splitting more time with Yeldon

I avoided him completely and bought Yeldon anywhere I could because of his injury concerns. 

Long term, you have to wonder if this affects how Jacksonville uses FF. Yeldon is doing a fairly good job, and is effective in the passing game. Perhaps, in an effort to keep him healthier, once FF comes back he may end up splitting more time with Yeldon
Would be pretty stupid of them.

Annoying injuries aside, Fournette is 100X the RB Yeldon is.

Would be pretty stupid of them.

Annoying injuries aside, Fournette is 100X the RB Yeldon is.
While yes, FF is a much more talented RB, one of the best in the league, he's no good to Jacksonville if he breaks down because his body can't handle the full load

They can't be happy with Yeldon, they just lost 9-6. I know that is more Bortles' fault than Yeldon's, but that's not the kinda game that creates timeshares. 

They can't be happy with Yeldon, they just lost 9-6. I know that is more Bortles' fault than Yeldon's, but that's not the kinda game that creates timeshares. 
4.9 YPC 

21st in the league in rushing yards in spite of sharing time week 1 with Fournette 

Showing some fantastic receiving ability.

Not many teams can get that out of their RB2. If I were JAX I'd be thrilled with his production. I felt this way back in May and I still feel this way now: Yeldon should be the pass catching back in Jacksonville, leaving only rushing duties to Fournette

4.9 YPC 

21st in the league in rushing yards in spite of sharing time week 1 with Fournette 

Not many teams can get that out of their RB2. If I were JAX I'd be thrilled with his production. I felt this way back in May and I still feel this way now: Yeldon should be the pass catching back in Jacksonville, leaving only rushing duties to Fournette
Last week 90 total yards on 13 touches and 6.2 ypc on a bum ankle.  Pretty lousy

4.9 YPC 

I think Yeldon is a good rb, but he's probably not good enough to make up for a bad QB or to build an entire offense around.

Having a rb like Fournette opens up the passing game and makes life easier for Bortles. It's kinda like Dak with Zeke vs Dak without Zeke.

I also think smarter teams are moving away from having 1-dimensional or clearly defined roles for their backs. Having a dedicated pass catching back makes it easier for defenses to recognize what the play call is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Rap, he's officially listed as questionable but he evidently was a full participant in practice today:

Availability update: #Bengals declare RB Joe Mixon (meniscus trim) out again for Sunday, his second straight game missed. … #Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) practiced fully today, but will be listed a questionable.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1045713911323004930

I'm going to wait for the actual practice report to come out before I get my hopes up, but it's certainly sounding like he's trending the right direction.

Leonard Fournette (questionable, hamstring) is a game-time decision for Week 4 against the Jets.

"It’s wait and see," Fournette said on playing this week. "It’s tricky with hamstrings. You feel good one day, then something else happens." The Jaguars have also been noncommittal on Fournette, with coach Doug Marrone calling him "50-50" to suit up. It's looking like Fournette's status won't be known until early Sunday. T.J. Yeldon (ankle) was removed from the injury report and will start if Fournette sits.

Source: jaguars.com 

Sep 28 - 7:54 PM

Leonard Fournette (questionable, hamstring) cryptically tweeted he's "just happy to be back" and "see y'all Sunday."

For what it's worth, coach Doug Marrone called Fournette "50-50" to suit up. He's questionable and considered a game-time decision, though this comment sounds as if he'll play. T.J. Yeldon (ankle) was removed from the injury report on Friday and will start if Fournette sits.

Source: Leonard Fournette on Twitter 

Sep 29 - 8:27 AM

Hey Faust, I don’t see it on his Twitter. Did you personally see it?  Thanks

i agree that sounds positive
Fournette tweeted twice last night, both of which were subsequently deleted. The first one said something along the lines of "I'm just thankful to be back, NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER, see y'all Sunday" and the second was more cryptic and said something along the lines of "Welcome Back 7" with three emojis following it, two of them being eagles and the third a dice. Roto picked it up and that's Faust's source.

My guess is Marrone was hoping to keep Fournette's likelihood to play under wraps a little, just to keep the Jets on their toes since their game plans differ pretty greatly when Fournette is in the backfield. Fournette got ahead of himself and sent those tweets, and the coaching staff got on him to delete them. I think he has a pretty good chance to play.

I'm absolutely starting Fournette if he's active. Benching Kenyan Drake in favor of Coleman and Fournette.

Thank you moonshine. Good info.  Fournette tweeted about gambling and those came down also.  This guy is a loose cannon. 

A loose cannon because of a couple of innocuous tweets? 

Yeah, okay, got it.
Yes , sorry you misunderstand  the word innocuous.  He’s a professional athlete who boasted on social media activity which could get him suspended.   

No, you don’t get it apparently. 

Moonshine said:
Fournette tweeted twice last night, both of which were subsequently deleted. The first one said something along the lines of "I'm just thankful to be back, NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER, see y'all Sunday" and the second was more cryptic and said something along the lines of "Welcome Back 7" with three emojis following it, two of them being eagles and the third a dice. Roto picked it up and that's Faust's source.

My guess is Marrone was hoping to keep Fournette's likelihood to play under wraps a little, just to keep the Jets on their toes since their game plans differ pretty greatly when Fournette is in the backfield. Fournette got ahead of himself and sent those tweets, and the coaching staff got on him to delete them. I think he has a pretty good chance to play.

I'm absolutely starting Fournette if he's active. Benching Kenyan Drake in favor of Coleman and Fournette.
I'd be surprised if the coaches are watching his social media. teams and players employ publicists for a reason. 

Users who are viewing this thread