What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (4 Viewers)

Fournette is a step above Trent Richardson when it comes to vision. But like TRich his draft pedigree will afford him multiple opportunities going forward. 
When you're THAT big and have THAT pedigree and absolutely suck at short yardage, you might want to temper your contract expectations. Considering you’re a lousy team mate and don’t play special teams,  frankly you suck on multiple levels. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind. Saw the update.

lets see what his role is. Seems premature to say RoJo’s value went up in smoke. Bit extreme. 
All good. I think you're in denial but I'm not hammering you. I stay with my guys longer than most and it's paid off in the past. Good luck. 

Lenny just went from a crap offense, where I still had as a top 10 RB, to one of the best offenses in the league. Can anybody say possible league winner! 

Rotoworld take:

Bucs signed Leonard Fournette.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo report that the "belief is it will get done." Assuming things don't fall apart last second, this is a disaster for fantasy football purposes. The Bucs already have Ronald Jones and LeSean McCoy for early-down work and Dare Ogunbowale for passing downs, plus have third-round rookie Ke'Shawn Vaughn waiting in the dark. Fournette's status as a 300-touch back can be kissed away given how crowded this group is. Fournette and Jones are the only two backs worth drafting at this point while their roles are hashed out, but its hard envisioning either back running away with the job. Completely fading this backfield certainly is an option.

RELATED: 

Ronald Jones

, LeSean McCoy

, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

, Dare Ogunbowale

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 2, 2020, 8:35 PM ET

It will be Lennys backfield by game 3 imo.
Very possible.  50-50 split is what I would guess unless Fournette seperates himself with Ogu getting passing down work

Either way in that offense that is great RB2/Flex value... Brady and the passing game will open up so much room for the run game

Good signing by the Bucs...between Rojo and Fournette you have five years of NFL experience and you still don't know what you really have with either of them...now between those two and Vaughn they have a chance to have a quality RB corps (with room for error because there are three of them) to go with the studs in the passing game.

Nope lolol
Quit being a schmuck, first.

Second, I'm not sure what you've seen out of F ournette which makes you think he's so special. I know you mentioned Ronald Jones almost got cut his rookie year, but LF did not just almost get cut, he literally did. By a team with Chris Thompson now as its best ball carrier. 

You're calling the hot sauce man emotionally attached, I think it's you.

Chances TB tries to move RoJo given all the positive news about his camp?  Not sure what he's worth, but maybe they can get a mid- to late-round pick?

Completely fading the backfield of one of the league’s most potent offenses doesn’t sound like a sound strategy to me. 
Depends when you’re drafting.

if you drafted already & have Fournette (you can tell who they are by their posts) you believe he’s going to get 300 touches. 

if you have a draft coming up like me, woof. I don’t want any part of it right now. 

season starts in 8 days.  Gonna take a crystal ball to figure out who to take at this point. 

Second, I'm not sure what you've seen out of F ournette which makes you think he's so special. I know you mentioned Ronald Jones almost got cut his rookie year, but LF did not just almost get cut, he literally did. By a team with Chris Thompson now as its best ball carrier. 

Salty. 

This ignores some pertinent facts and context.

Chances TB tries to move RoJo given all the positive news about his camp?  Not sure what he's worth, but maybe they can get a mid- to late-round pick?
I’d say pretty slim to none. 

It’s possible at this point that Fournette is going to be splitting carries & the Bucs just want it that way. Lots of teams do it. They have different skill sets. 

we just don’t know. It’s a mess. 

the Fournette truthers are amazing. I’ve seen QAnon accounts are less dedicated. :rolleyes:  

I’d say pretty slim to none. 

It’s possible at this point that Fournette is going to be splitting carries & the Bucs just want it that way. Lots of teams do it. They have different skill sets. 

we just don’t know. It’s a mess. 

the Fournette truthers are amazing. I’ve seen QAnon accounts are less dedicated. :rolleyes:  
You're a RoJo truth though lolol. 

I'm so happy right now! Sorry about your RoJo shares. I'm not talking crap. It's happened to all of us buddy. 

Fournette didn't get cut because he sucked, he got cut because the jags want Trevor Lawrence, fournette was on his last year and was going to be a malcontent playing on a tanking team, the jags made it known he was out the door, he didn't become available until September, and nobody wanted to give up a draft pick to get him at 4m a year when they could try to sign him to a one year prove it deal. It was not a regular football decision. 

He's arguably not that good, but that's a separate conversation. Characterizing this as "he got cut" doesn't help the discussion.

I don't agree with this and the Bucs don't either if they sign Fournette. 
Haha double fail but the point remains.  It's still terrible logic.  Teams sign guys all the time without it meaning they like them more than the incumbent.

This is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e logic.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

7m

#Bucs are giving RB Leonard Fournette a 1-year deal worth a max value of $3.5M, source said. He gets a $2M base salary and incentives are based on rush yards & play-time. Plus, with no off-sets from his #Jaguars deal, Fournette can double dip if he wins his grievance & add $4.2M.

Users who are viewing this thread