What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (3 Viewers)

flc735 said:
VaTerp said:
flc735 said:
msudaisy26 said:
You do realize Luck was kind of a mid priced quarterback last year?
When I say luck I mean "the top qb". I think he was $20 last year vs Aaron Rodgers at 25ish? My point is the top scoring qb is going to out produce virtually any best ball combo of qb's for the same price. The strategy here should be to aim to roster the #1 qb no matter what price. If it's cheaper than $26,thats a nice bonus for you. Rostering the #1 and #18th qb is better than rostering the #3 and #5 qb, for example
I rostered Luck but in a best ball format I disagree. There will be plenty of mid priced combos that keep pace or even outdo Luck.
Well that's just not true. It's not a matter of opinion, it's the numbers.Last year,

luck+bortles best ball scored 452 points through 17 weeks

Brees+Peyton best ball (the #3 and #4 scoring qbs) scored 451 through 17 weeks and cost a lot more

What happens is a lot of the 15-25 point games that the unused qb gets each week do not get counted in best ball and go to waste. It seems like you have 2 near stud qb's but you are only getting half of thier value out of each.
I don't know the answer, but total points is irrelevant for 1st 13 weeks. It's each weekly total that matters. How many times do the cheaper combo out score the pricey stud (if they do at all)? That's what matters for 13 weeks anyway.

flc735 said:
VaTerp said:
flc735 said:
msudaisy26 said:
When I say luck I mean "the top qb". I think he was $20 last year vs Aaron Rodgers at 25ish? My point is the top scoring qb is going to out produce virtually any best ball combo of qb's for the same price. The strategy here should be to aim to roster the #1 qb no matter what price. If it's cheaper than $26,thats a nice bonus for you. Rostering the #1 and #18th qb is better than rostering the #3 and #5 qb, for example
I rostered Luck but in a best ball format I disagree. There will be plenty of mid priced combos that keep pace or even outdo Luck.
Well that's just not true. It's not a matter of opinion, it's the numbers.Last year,

Brees+Peyton best ball (the #3 and #4 scoring qbs) scored 451 through 17 weeks and cost a lot more

What happens is a lot of the 15-25 point games that the unused qb gets each week do not get counted in best ball and go to waste. It seems like you have 2 near stud qb's but you are only getting half of thier value out of each.
I don't know the answer, but total points is irrelevant for 1st 13 weeks. It's each weekly total that matters. How many times do the cheaper combo out score the pricey stud (if they do at all)? That's what matters for 13 weeks anyway.
Bingo. Its not about total points for 13 weeks so your numbers don't mean what you think they mean.

flc735 said:
VaTerp said:
flc735 said:
msudaisy26 said:

As far as data goes, I'm analysing all 17 weeks to get a bigger sample size. Divide 451/17 and 452/17 to get the points per game = 26.2 ppg. The answer is the same. I made a fake mfl league with the scoring this contestcontesto get these uses to compare the numbers if you want to look for yourself

http://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2015/top?L=64425&SEARCHTYPE=BASIC&COUNT=500&YEAR=2014&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=17&CATEGORY=overall&POSITION=QB&DISPLAY=points&TEAM=*

Last edited by a moderator:
flc735 said:
VaTerp said:
flc735 said:
msudaisy26 said:

For the 1st 13 weeks Luck/Bortles outscores Brees/Manning 8 out of 13 weeks. I think the other important question is this no1/cheapo better than 3/4 just happen to be the case last year or is norm in any given year. My guess is in 2013 the no1 guy would of been best as well as Manning was the clear no1. But in 2012 the top 4 were pretty close and better play might of been 3/4.

flc735 said:
VaTerp said:
flc735 said:
msudaisy26 said:

For the 1st 13 weeks Luck/Bortles outscores Brees/Manning 8 out of 13 weeks. I think the other important question is this no1/cheapo better than 3/4 just happen to be the case last year or is norm in any given year. My guess is in 2013 the no1 guy would of been best as well as Manning was the clear no1. But in 2012 the top 4 were pretty close and better play might of been 3/4.
It would have held true with Rodgers as well. There is a big difference between those top 1-2 qb's vs the next tier or qb's. Who ever you think will be the top qb is the guy you should take. Save money on your backup and use it to help you elsewhere. That is the best use of your money at qb in this contest.

Glad I switched over to Chandler from Cumberland. He's gonna have a lot of goal-line looks it is clear. Which for $3 is all you can ask for.

-QG

East Coast Bias said:
KingPrawn said:
East Coast Bias said:
If you didn't take Gronk you have no shot. All of the final 250 will have him.
Pretty sure these points don't carry over to next week or to week 13 or 14
I take it you don't have Gronk. You will next year.
No I don't. But that's irrelevant. Even if I did it wouldn't change the fact that the points don't carry over to next week. If Gronk gets injured in week 7 are you still willing to say all of the final 250 will have him? Heck, even if he's healthy I'm pretty sure that not all final 250 teams will have him.

Made the top 250 last year but was never really in contention for the Top spot. Built team with the goal of having the top QB RB WR TE in weeks 14-16. To win the contest you gotta have hit on the top guys so I went with a smaller lineup this year with Studs and high upside guys.

Tom Brady $14
Sam Bradford $13

Gotta have risk somewhere so I'll risk Sammy magically playing 16 games (or at least the majority including weeks 14-16)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adrian Peterson $32
Ameer Abdullah $14
Isaiah Crowell $13
Doug Martin $12
Ryan Mathews $8
Christine Michael $3

Grabbed the top RB on my board with the AA-Crow-Martin platoon at the #2 spot. Mathew and Michael lotto tickets. I really like Mathews in this contest he could have some big games if things fall his way and even as the #2 should see enough action to contribute during a few weeks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julio Jones $26
Calvin Johnson $25
John Brown $12
Davante Adams $9
Tavon Austin $3

Small but efficient WRs lineup. Julio and Calvin could be the Top WR any given week. Adams and Brown are steals are their price. Have a gut feeling Tavon will have a big game or two this year and save my ###.
Rob Gronkowski $33
Travis Kelce $20

IMO you gotta have Gronk this year. 1st year going with the STUD TE theory so I grabbed Kelce who I see finishing as a top 3 TE.
Sebastian Janikowski $2
Josh Scobee $2

I hope only rostering 2 kickers doesn't come back to bite me
San Diego Chargers $3
Oakland Raiders $3
Atlanta Falcons $3

Defensive scores are so fickle I decided to put my money elsewhere and go with 3 cheap defenses. The Chargers D is underrated, Raiders have Khalil Mack and Devin Hester is good for a Return TD or 2.

Sebastian Janikowski $2

Josh Scobee $2

I hope only rostering 2 kickers doesn't come back to bite me
Hope is not a strategy.

Three-time finalist, highest finish 17th. OK, let's make this quick.

QB - Tony Romo - DAL/6 - $17
QB - Tom Brady - NE/4 - $14
QB - Tyrod Taylor - BUF/8 - $5

Couldn't get away from Perfect Tommy. Romo will likely do big things this year. But neither of them are spring chickens, so Tyrod and his young legs made sense. I had Mariota originally, but Taylor has better weapons. With all the cheap options, you had to have at least three QBs this year imo.

RB - Jamaal Charles - KC/9 - $31
RB - Frank Gore - IND/10 - $22
RB - Chris Ivory - NYJ/5 - $15
RB - Darren Sproles - PHI/8 - $11
RB - Terrance West - TEN/4 - $4
RB - Christine Michael - DAL/6 - $3

Jamaal is not widely held (~8%) and has a chance to be RB1. I believe Gore has enough in the tank to be a solid RB2, and the Jets sound like they're going to feed Ivory. Sproles is a Swiss Army knife. The other two are lottery tickets; the hope is that the change of scenery and relative lack of competition will make them useful later in the season.
WR - Brandin Cooks - NO/11 - $21
WR - Amari Cooper - OAK/6 - $19
WR - Davante Adams - GB/7 - $9
WR - Cecil Shorts - HOU/9 - $6
WR - Eddie Royal - CHI/7 - $4
WR - Donte Moncrief - IND/10 - $4

Almost 24% of the entries have Adams and Royal. :lmao: Cooks and Cooper are going to get a ton of targets, and Shorts and Moncrief represented value. It appears Dorsett might have been a better choice, but I can live with that.

TE - Jason Witten - DAL/6 - $16
TE - Delanie Walker - TEN/4 - $15
TE - Kyle Rudolph - MIN/5 - $11
TE - Richard Rodgers - GB/7 - $5

Witten is the Energizer Bunny. Walker will become Mariota's security blanket. Norv Turner knows how use a TE like Rudolph, and Rodgers should get red-zone looks. Four TEs and $47 is a lot more than I have spent before, but I think it's justified.
PK - Dan Bailey - DAL/6 - $5
PK - Sebastian Janikowski - OAK/6 - $2
PK - Josh Scobee - PIT/11 - $2

Paid up a little for Bailey, but I think the Cowboys' offense will be robust. I'm concerned with Week 6 now, after Scobee's shaky start, but as long as the Steelers don't panic, I'll be ok.

TD - Indianapolis Colts - IND/10 - $5
TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX/8 - $4

DTBC, baby.

Do we have a list yet of the ownership stats? One where I don't have to do math to get the answer :D

QB - Tom Brady

QB - Carson Palmer

Brady was clearly the best value at QB and Palmer was the best value backup option at $8. I thought about Tyrod Taylor, but couldn't make the money work and felt the chances of him outscoring these 2 were already low.

RB - Adrian Peterson

RB - Marshawn Lynch

RB - Jeremy Hill

RB - Doug Martin

I didn't feel there was a lot of value at RBs this year like there were at WR, so 3 rock-solid low floor RB1s and an upside RB3 in Doug Martin that didn't share a single bye week felt like the best strategy here.

WR - Julio Jones

WR - Brandin Cooks

WR - Davante Adams

WR - Steve Johnson

WR - Devin Fuchness

WR - Eddie Royal

Yeah everybody has Adams, Royal, and Fuchness but their value is unsurpassed. Steve Johnson should be equally great value while Julio and Cooks both are target monsters. I might not have as many WRs as some teams, but I feel comfortable with all 6 of these guys producing.

TE - Rob Gronkowski

TE - Jordon Reed

Gronk should give me an advantage at TE against all the Gronkless teams each week and Jordan Reed is a solid backup that could do well enough to earn flex points as well.

K - Graham Gano

K - Sebastian Janakowski

K - Josh Scobee

Kickers, glad I got 3 because Scobee...

DT - Bengals

DT - Steelers

DT - Chargers

Cheap Defenses, got 3 because :shrug: each week.

Tom Brady
Joe Flacco
Carson Palmer

I think about 60% of us will have Brady, I like Palmer and Flacco as value picks
Justin Forsett $25
Frank Gore $22
Shane Vereen $16
Darren Sproles $11
Ryan Mathews $8

Forsett was great value, RB1 at RB2 $$ while Gore will be solid. Vereen should catch a lot of balls and im counting on a Murray injury with the Sproles / Mathews combo.
Calvin Johnson $25
Vincent Jackson $18
Pierre Garcon $13
Davante Adams $9
Doug Baldwin $9
Eddie Royal $4

Hoping for a bounce back yr with Calvin, I expect VJax to out-perform his draft spot with an improved QB, Adams is the best value in the WR market, Baldwin is the WR1 on his team for $9 and Royal is super cheap
Kyle Rudolph $11
Tyler Eifert $9
Vernon Davis $7
Jacob Tamme $4
Ben Watson $3

Clearly went quantity here
Caleb Sturgis $4
Ryan Succop $2
Sebastian Janikowski $2

blah, just kickers (Gotta hope Sturgis finds a job soon)
New England Patriots $8
Kansas City Chiefs $6
San Diego Chargers $3

Spent a little more than most here and after watching the Pats last night I might of over spent. SD looked like a good deal for $3.

Finished in the top 250 two out of the past three years with a lineup in the 20-22 range. I ended up using 28 players this year, not by design but just how it worked out.

QB - Tom Brady $14

QB - Sam Bradford $13

QB - Kirk Cousins $2

RB - CJ Anderson $27

RB - Chris Ivory $15

RB - Ameer Abdullah $14

RB - Doug Martin $12

RB - Cameron Artis-Payne $4

RB - Terrance West $4

RB - Christine Michael $3

WR - TY Hilton $23

WR - Bradin Cooks $21

WR - Jarvis Landry - $15

WR - Davante Adams $9

WR - Devin Funchess $5

WR - Markus Wheaton $5

WR - Eddie Royal $4

WR - Tyler Lockett $3

WR - Philly Brown $2

TE - Greg Olsen $21

TE - Owen Daniels $8

TE - Ben Watson $3

PK - Caleb Sturgis $4

PK - Graham Gano $3

PK - Garret Hartley $2 (screwed this one up..thought I pulled him off my team, but apparently I didn't)

TD - Vikings $5

TD - Brown $4

TD - Giants $4

First off, a huge thank you to everybody at FBG who create this contest. It is legitimately one of my favorite parts of the FF season. Also thanks to everybody in this thread for making it entertaining and informative.

Overall I have 24 players, I usually like depth and would have liked to try to squeeze in 1-2 more players but I like this team. I know a lot of people go for the stud strategy to win but I've had to deal with injuries in the contest before so I like depth to try and balance things out. I've had some success with going heavy with WR so I followed that strategy this year with 8 WR on my team. Every year I've improved in the contest, last year I was ousted in week 12-13 (I can't remember) so this year I'm aiming to make the finals. I have some bye week issues in week 8, 10, and 11 but I couldn't pass up on those players. Hopefully that won't come back to bite me.

Hopefully you are looking at the winning team right here....

Tom Brady $14
Sam Bradford $13

I considered having Sanchez as a handcuff but in the end I couldn't justify potentially wasting $6 on a back up 3rd QB. Brady has an early bye so I figure I can ride him to the end no matter what. I love Bradfords upside this year, if he stays healthy he should be a top 5 QB. I also considered having Tannehill, Carr, Palmer, and T-Mobile.

DeMarco Murray $26
Frank Gore $22
Ameer Abdullah $14
Ryan Mathews $8
Cameron Artis-Payne $4

I am investing a lot in the Eagles which will either bring me to the promise land or be my demise. My thought process on the Eagles Rbs are that at least one of them each week should have a good/great game, some weeks they could both have good games and score, and if one goes down the other will be a beast. Gore is a solid RB2 who I think gets 8-10 TD this year. Abdullah is a bit of a gamble, I think he will have some huge scores and some duds this year. I was debating between Artis-Payne and Christine Michael but in the end I went with the player I thought was more likely to see more playing time. Stewart will get injured at some point this year.

Julio Jones $26
DeAndre Hopkins $23
Martavis Bryant $16
Davante Adams $9
Allen Hurns $6
Markus Wheaton $5
Phillip Dorsett $5
Eddie Royal $4

Just like everybody else I have Julio on my team, seems like the best value for the dollar amount and I think he has a shot at being WR#1 this year. I'm happy that I haven't seen Hopkins or Bryant on a lot of teams. I think Hopkins is a low end WR1 this year. I debated heavily between Bryant, Agholor, C.Johnson and Landry but in the end I went with the player who I thought would have the highest ceiling. Bryant could win you championships this year even with a 4 game suspension. Adams is a must have in this contest. My other WR are players who I think have decent upside but really they are flyers. If 1-2 break out I will be very happy.

Rob Gronkowski $33
Jeff Cumberland $3
Brent Celek $3

In every version of my entry Gronk was left out, until Wednesday when the chips were on the table. I couldn't pass on him and now I am very happy he is on my team. I kind of regret not throwing in Chandler as a handcuff. Cumberland and Celek are lottery tickets who might be my flex a few times this year.

Patrick Murray $2
Josh Scobee $2
Ryan Succop $2

Three cheap kickers. Praying that Scobee gets his $#&@ together and isn't cut.

Cleveland Browns $4
San Diego Chargers $3
Tennessee Titans $3

Three pretty cheap TD. I like the Browns D since their offense should suck and they will aim for a lot of low scoring games to stay in it. The Titans were high on a lot of streaming lists so went with them. Chargers are there hopefully to score a couple of weeks this season.

Good luck everybody, but not too much luck. Cheers.

Is anyone doing live scoring this year?

My bad if already posted, but I don't feel like searching the thread.
I don't think Ignoratio Elenchi is doing it. I think he got a new job because of it, actually. (That's what he said earlier.)

But I don't know if anybody else is.
I hope he is, I already donated.
I am, just haven't had a chance to get all the rosters uploaded yet. I mentioned somewhere upthread that I wouldn't have it ready for last night's game but will fire it up in time for Sunday. :thumbup:

I don't think Ignoratio Elenchi is doing it. I think he got a new job because of it, actually. (That's what he said earlier.)

I am, just haven't had a chance to get all the rosters uploaded yet. I mentioned somewhere upthread that I wouldn't have it ready for last night's game but will fire it up in time for Sunday. :thumbup:
:wub:

You are the man!

For those of you who are new to this thread, Iggy's live update is awesome. It includes up to the minute projected cut lines, scores, and other wonderful bits of statistical information to track your team. Adds to the enjoyment of the contest immensely. Frankly, FBG should pay Iggy for it and make it "official". Until they do, tip the man for what has to be hours of work.

Tom Brady $14
Tyrod Taylor $5
Jimmy Garoppolo $5

Think Brady will have a monster year, starting huge in week 1. Tyrod Taylor is for the bye week and Garoppolo is disaster insurance.

Justin Forsett $25
LeGarrette Blount $16
Danny Woodhead $12
Matt Jones $7
James Starks $6
Cameron ArtisPayne $4

Think Forsett can finish top 3 in PPR this year. Blount is out week 1 but should have a solid floor every week and hopefully finish the year at around 1000/10. I need Woodhead to get back to 2013 form. Jones should get a nice chuck of work and at the very least be useful since it is PPR. Starks and CAP are mostly injury lottery tickets but Starks can have a couple decent games even if Lacy stays healthy.

T.Y. Hilton $23
Golden Tate $19
Jarvis Landry $15
Davante Adams $9
Rueben Randle $9
Markus Wheaton $5
Eddie Royal $4

Hilton, Tate, Landry, and Adams all have a chance to finish top 15-20 IMO. Cruz could be out several weeks which gives Randle a nice upside. Wheaton is a starter and could average 4-5 catches a game, especially during weeks 1-4. Not a big believer in Royal but couldn’t pass him up for the $$$.

Rob Gronkowski $33
Greg Olsen $21
Ben Watson $3

I believe this is the first year I had Gronk, hopefully can sit back and enjoy every week. Olsen has a good chance to finish as the TE2, Cam doesn’t have a lot of other options in Carolina. Watson is a flier, couldn’t bring myself to roster only 2 TE. Hopefully, he can go 50-500 this year, with a couple nice games thrown in.

Sebastian Janikowski $2
Josh Scobee $2
Ryan Succop $2

Washington Redskins $3
San Diego Chargers $3
Oakland Raiders $3

Code:
Here's my lineup and my take for each position.
Bye weeks 8 and 10 are my biggest worries, as I have only Tanneyhill in Week 8 and I lose a DEF.
In week 10, I have 3 RBs on a bye, but I still have AP, Duggy and Mathews, and I lose two TEs.

Tanny could emerge as close to a top 5 QB this year with his new weapons. Bradford could also do so with the offense in Philly. 
Taylor is just an easy pick at $5. His legs and the weapons he has in Buffalo should help throw at 20pt games here and there. 
Looking back Tom was probably a steal at $14, but it was against Pittsburgh. Let's see him next week vs Buffalo. 

Ryan Tannehill        $15      He was a surprise top 10 QB last year and gets more weapons this year. 
Sam Bradford          $13      Sam has to stay healthy 1 year and if Nicky Foles can put up crazy numbers, Bradford can do even better. $13 is a steal                                        
Tyrod Taylor           $5      Unless Taylor just completely flops, you can't beat $5 and the upside he has. He could have a few #1 weeks at QB.

Went with two studs and then a cast that can have big games here and there. Looking for big things out of Woodhead, Martin and Mathews. 
Bush should have a few good games here and there and can easily catch 4-8 balls on a given day as well as an occasional run here and there.

Adrian Peterson       $32      I see AP setting things on fire this year. Let's just hope his style doesn't get him injured
Frank Gore            $22      Frank is old, but the offense will keep him fresher. Prolific offense and spread means more open field.
Danny Woodhead        $12      He was a beast before he got hurt and he will continue this year. PPR machine and Gordon has shown zero so far.
Doug Martin           $12      If all the talk out of camp is true, this could be the gem pick of them all.
Reggie Bush           $10      Bush still has it and I only need him to catch a few passes and make some plays to get my through some bad weeks.
Ryan Mathews           $8      Seriously, have you seen the offense in Philly and with DeMarco coming up all those carries, it's $ in the bank & he looks good.

Went with 7 WRs and hoping to get big games from the bottom 4. Dorsett could blow it up a few games, Jones could have some monster days.
Aiken is #2 in Baltimore and for the price you can't beat it. 
Royal should be steady and can easily have some big games from time to time with Chicago always being down. 
Only thing I would have done different maybe is taken Julio $26 and dropped off Jones $9 and upgraded Agholor $17.
To take Brown $33, I'd have to shed another $7, so I'm most likely have dropped Davis $7 or Reed $7 at TE.

Golden Tate           $19      I thought Tate was overrated in Seattle, but last year showed he is the real deal. Steal at $19
Amari Cooper          $19      This guy does everything, He can PR, KR, run the ball, screens, bombs, and probably play QB.
Nelson Agholor        $17      Philly offense and a truely great WR even as a rookie. I wanted to get Cooks but ran out of money.
Marvin Jones           $9      Looking for him to duplicate his 10 TD season a few years ago when he was healthy. 
Kamar Aiken            $6      #2 in Baltimore for now, and not sure Perryman will even do much this year if he's able to get on the field, high upside.
Phillip Dorsett        $5      #3 WR in this offense is just as good as being a #2. Now just need him to show up as a rookie.
Eddie Royal            $4      He's back with Cutler from his Denver days. He was a PPR dynamo, and there is nobody in his way in Chicago. Easy choice

Davis said he's the healthiest he's been in awhile and I'm looking for him to get back to his old form or at least some of it.
Reed can't stay healthy, but if he can, he will catch a lot of passes and score occasionally.
Rivera had some huge games last year and with Cooper on the outside and Latavis and Carr in their 2nd years, Rivera could continue to have big games.
He's basically a big WR playing TE. Thought Green would fill in for Gates through the first 4 games, possibly more, Concussion news out now 
Gronk is a beast, but at $33, I would need to drop Jones $9, Reed $7, Green $6, Bush $10 and then moved down a $4 DEF to a $3 one.
After week 1, it makes you want to second guess... lol

Vernon Davis           $7      Davis is a beast, he just has an inconsistent QB to throw him the ball & he hasn't been healthy. 2015 is a new yr; should be good
Jordan Reed            $7      He just needs to stay healthy as the QBs in WAS will need all the help he can get. Similar body to Dewayne Allen of the Colts.
Mychal Rivera          $6      WR lined up as a TE. He will make match-up nightmares and will continue to get them with Cooper and Murray to worry about.
Ladarius Green         $6      Ughh, might not be a good pick. Under concussion protocol which put him on the bench last year for last 3 games.. 

Went with 3 kickers, and glad I did after Scobee's nightmare start last night. Just worried about Scobee on this list. Looking for a nice bounce back next week.

Greg Zuerlein          $4      Greg the leg... Looking for some long FGs from this guy and playing in the dome should help. Looking for more scoring this year.
Josh Scobee            $2      Was a steal at $2, but after last night's game, just worried if he won't get cut soon.
Sebastian Janikowski   $2      Janikowski always has some huge games and he looked good this presason as well.

Both defenses are improved from last year. Worried more about TB than the Jags. I was originally at 3 DEF, but had to move things around and ended up with just two. 
I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.  These are simply dart throws at these prices, and DEF are hit or miss, so not much to worry about or second guess on these picks.

Jacksonville Jaguars   $4      
Tampa Bay Buccaneers   $4      

For those of you who are new to this thread, Iggy's live update is awesome. It includes up to the minute projected cut lines, scores, and other wonderful bits of statistical information to track your team. Adds to the enjoyment of the contest immensely. Frankly, FBG should pay Iggy for it and make it "official". Until they do, tip the man for what has to be hours of work.
Done

Player Week 14 / 15 / 16 Ownership % Bye(N)

Ryan Tannehill NYG/@SD/IND 13.72% Bye(5)
Tom Brady @HOU/TEN/@NYJ 32.4% Bye(4)

2.88% Ownership Combination

Love the week 4 & 5 byes for both of them. I had a cheapo 3rd stringer here but swapped them lotto ticket in RB/WR. I really thought about and switch between going with Rodgers and Palmer here. I love Rodgers this year in the contest because he has Dal/Oak/Ari and is owned 25% as much as Luck for $1 less. I actually liked Rodgers with his price at $25 instead of $20 for the same reason why I wished Brady would not have been unsuspended. Ownership % would be much lower. I like Tannehill to have a big year for top 8-10 and Brady to be top 7-8 to combine for good enough number with big game variance that's needed. Solid championship schedule except Revis in week 16, but I'll take it at the 2.88% ownership combination share. I also really liked Rivers here and it hurt to switch him out.
Marshawn Lynch @BAL/CLE/STL 9.56% Bye(9)
Lamar Miller NYG/@SD/IND 17.29% Bye(5)
Danny Woodhead @KC/MIA/@OAK 11.96% Bye(10)
Ryan Mathews BUF/ARI/WAS 19.46% Bye(8)
Cameron Artis-Payne ATL/@NYG/@ATL 9.55% Bye(5)
Christine Michael @GB/NYJ/@BUF 19.95% Bye(6)

1.23% Ownership Combination for Lynch/Miller. Only 10 teams with adding Woodhead in the mix.

Love Lynch at the 9.56% ownership clip and am actually shocked Miller has about +90ish% ownership on him. Woodhead has been on the team since the beginning and his potential to save weeks and be just a solid flex in PPR @$12 is great value in the land of uncertain RBs imo. Miller was a last minute add after not being able to fit a more costly player on there, but I like it especially if MIA blows up this year and it helped with bye week issues. Artis-Payne being owned at 9.55% with only Stewert in front of him could be a big lotto ticket.
Dez Bryant @GB/NYJ/@BUF 9.97% Bye(6)
John Brown MIN/@PHI/GB 21.51% Bye(9)
Davante Adams DAL/@OAK/@ARI 56.64% Bye(7)
Steve Johnson @KC/MIA/@OAK 17.76% Bye(10)
Devin Funchess ATL/@NYG/@ATL 19.76% Bye(5)
Eddie Royal WAS/@MIN/@TB 36.37% Bye(7)
Tyler Lockett @BAL/CLE/STL 15.65% Bye(9)

1.43% Ownership Combination for Dez & J. Brown.

Pretty chalk on the cheap buys. Like most people, I suspect many grabbed 3-4 of the bargains in the WR < $6 . I have Brown valued way higher than his price tag and grabbed Bryant as a stud. I had Julio here instead for a long time but as I thought, his ownership rate(36.49%) is really high. I love Julio this year but the week 10 bye was killing me and I needed less cash on the back end of byes to be viable. I still think he will blow up this year. Funchess was mostly for covering bye weeks on the super cheap hopefully. I have been following Lockett for a while now and was cringing during the preseason as he went from being a secret for cheap to fair game with people. 65.67% of people who picked up Royal also got Adams.

Rob Gronkowski @HOU/TEN/@NYJ 21.89% Bye(4)
Greg Olsen ATL/@NYG/@ATL 17.34% Bye(5)

1.59% Ownership Combination

What can I say, Gronk and Olsen. I have Gronk as an easy top 5 player in the scoring system for RB/WR/TE and Olsen as a top 15-20. For his price, I had Olsen as my #1 value from the start and was on the team my entire indecision process. Both have major upside with Gronk being able to save weeks from elimination. I flirted with Virgil Green quite a bit here but went with more RB instead. Also couldn't fit in Miller/Eifert because it hurt WR too much.
Sebastian Janikowski @DEN/GB/SD 31.33% Bye(6)
Josh Scobee @CIN/DEN/@BAL 36.77% Bye(11)
Ryan Succop @NYJ/@NE/HOU 6.87% Bye(4)

14.44% with Seabass & Scobee. 2.68% with all three.

Cheap Cheap Cheap, although I do like Sebastian here a lot. Scobee could be a huge value or on the street after last night.
Indianapolis Colts @JAX/HOU/@MIA 18.31% Bye(10)
Cleveland Browns SF/@SEA/@KC 9.92% Bye(11)
Oakland Raiders @DEN/GB/SD 7.24% Bye(6)

Only 5 team combinations with this setup. 1.19% with Colts/Clev setup.

Love Indy's beginning and ending schedule. Cleveland has a solid D that has potential and works well with Indy in the mid weeks. I am a Oakland Homer and giddy about Khalil Mack. He causes so much havoc on the OL that Oakland will have more turnovers and sacks this year. The scoring system for the contest doesn't count points against, thus making Oakland more valuable for a cheapo team that has a elite rusher.

The combination of Lynch/Gronk/Bryant has 0.26% of teams featuring it with 36 teams overall. Surprised the hell out of me for a solid high upside TD core aiming at the final weeks. Add in Miller and it drops to 2 teams and Olsen makes my top 5 core unique.

Users who are viewing this thread