What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (3 Viewers)

Redskins activated Dustin Hopkins from injured reserve.

Hopkins has been out since Week 6. He made 9-of-11 field goals before landing on IR and will resume kicker duties. With Hopkins back, Washington waived Nick Rose.

Dec 16 - 5:01 PM

I cut Butker to roll with Gould.  Gould’s getting plenty of opportunities with Jimmy at QB, and the Titans have been giving up a bunch of FG attempts lately as well.  Obviously that doesn’t mean those trends will continue, but the stats definitely support a big week for Gould.
Yep, I'm going with Gould as well - SF kicking plenty of FGs and Titans allowing plenty of FG attempts - what could go wrong ;)  

Should have gone with Gould over Coons. KC is 4th best vs kickers, Ten is 4th worst. The Chiefs are just having one of those games where they eat up the clock & Coons missed an XP. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Should have gone with Gould over Coons. KC is 4th best vs kickers, Ten is 4th worst. The Chiefs are just having one of those games where they eat up the clock & Coons missed an XP. Ugh.
What does FFPA mean, though? I stuck with Lutz because SD is 3rd fewest. Butker (dropped to the wire 2 weeks ago) had 14.0 & it could have been 19.0.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Picked up Coons for last week. Forbath my seasonal kicker. Chiefs are the nemesis for kickers.  

Anyone discounting Greg the Leg due to weather concerns in Seattle? Thinking about slotting in someone like Matt Bryant or Wil Lutz over him this week, but it feels so wrong to bench someone that's been the equivalent of an RB1 this season.

i wish someone would actually comment on seattles weather.i want to start gould over zerlin but cant pull the trigger either

Would starting Gould over Elliott be too cute this week?
Picked up Gould before week 14.  I liked what I saw in week 13 with Garoppolo moving the offense better, but not being so successful at finishing drives.  Also liked Gould's matchups in weeks 14 & 15.  He has been the 7th highest scorer (not PK, overall scorer) in my main league over the last 2 weeks. 

But, SF has Jax in week 16.  Do we dare ride the hot hand (or, foot, more accurately) against that D, or role with a different PK?

Kinda getting tired of Lutz being ranked top 3 to only kick 5 xp with one FG. I think that offense is just too precise. 

Kinda getting tired of Lutz being ranked top 3 to only kick 5 xp with one FG. I think that offense is just too precise. 
Not sure what the numbers show, but I'd be surprised if "on a high-powered offense but only kicks XPs" is a thing. My guess is that kickers in that situation will eventually get theirs.

Picked up Gould before week 14.  I liked what I saw in week 13 with Garoppolo moving the offense better, but not being so successful at finishing drives.  Also liked Gould's matchups in weeks 14 & 15.  He has been the 7th highest scorer (not PK, overall scorer) in my main league over the last 2 weeks. 

But, SF has Jax in week 16.  Do we dare ride the hot hand (or, foot, more accurately) against that D, or role with a different PK?
I stayed with Elliott.

Chargers claimed K Nick Rose off waivers from the Redskins and waived K Travis Coons.

The Chargers have used seemingly countless kickers this season, several of whom have cost them games. Rose went 10-of-11 on field goal tries in Washington, although he missed two extra points. He will kick Sunday against the Jets.

Related: Redskins

Dec 18 - 4:34 PM

Elliot's available in my league, considered making the move - dropping Lutz.

2 things keeping me from making the move right now are:

Possible weather in Philly, and the potential shoot out in the dome - NO vs ATL

I'll probably end up adding Elliot regardless ... drop a scrub bench warmer and carry 2 K's into the super bowl 

Who’s winning the kickerpalooza so far?   :excited:
Impossible to say.  Everyone whose kickers didnt already exceed their two-week projected total is still equally alive, just needing varying degrees of awesomeness or suckitude from their pair.

Though I have to say, the guy who predicted two retired kickers to score 0 is sitting pretty, if not for a technicality that could be disqualifying (I'm saving it to play if I come in second to him).

Impossible to say.  Everyone whose kickers didnt already exceed their two-week projected total is still equally alive, just needing varying degrees of awesomeness or suckitude from their pair.

Though I have to say, the guy who predicted two retired kickers to score 0 is sitting pretty, if not for a technicality that could be disqualifying (I'm saving it to play if I come in second to him).
While creative, it’s a DQ. Active players score points. Inactive players do not score points. Thus, the whole pick two kickers and predict their points scored” aspect. 

So from there it’s all about closest to the mark. To that end, higher guesses aren’t necessarily better - just accurate ones. 

;)  

most guesses were in the 30-50 range. I don’t think any pair of kickers has exceeded that so far in week 25. Week 16 is another story! 

should be exciting if nothing else! And hey - free hot sauce ain’t a bad consolation for someone if they lost everything else this year. 

They might even be rooting for a kicker harder than anything this weekend!   :pickle:

My opponent and I mostly have an even matchup with me being the slight underdog. My opponent is also choosing between Foles or Bortles.

Elliot or Gano this week?

Jesus, there goes my WR1. Gotta decide between Lutz and Elliot now, any suggestions?
My options are Elliott and Gould. Elliott has weather concerns and has cooled off somewhat. Gould has been red hot but could end up on the wrong side of a 45-7 blowout. Think it has to be Elliott.

My options are Elliott and Gould. Elliott has weather concerns and has cooled off somewhat. Gould has been red hot but could end up on the wrong side of a 45-7 blowout. Think it has to be Elliott.
Yeah, I was considering Gould but that match-up scared me off. I'd go Elliot in your position. Lutz is in a dome, but Elliot gets the Raiders, so I'm stumped.

I feel like this is a weird, and close game between SF and Jacksonville, especially since the Jags are traveling cross country. And the only team that has attempted more field goals than SF this season were the Rams.

It is either Gould or Forbath for me.

Yeah, I was considering Gould but that match-up scared me off. I'd go Elliot in your position. Lutz is in a dome, but Elliot gets the Raiders, so I'm stumped.
Just looked up his game log. Throw out the Dallas game (injured) and Seattle game (offense held in check) and he's been remarkably consistent. Never below 8 points, and double figures in seven games. 

Unless there's extreme weather predicted for Philly this weekend, I think he's the safe play.

I feel like this is a weird, and close game between SF and Jacksonville, especially since the Jags are traveling cross country. And the only team that has attempted more field goals than SF this season were the Rams.

It is either Gould or Forbath for me.
Owned Forbath in my other league earlier this year. So frustrating. High powered offense but he never seemed to do much, plus he kept getting kicks blocked, which may not have been his fault but still cost me points because they counted as missed FGs.

So if I were you I'd go with Gould.

Just looked up his game log. Throw out the Dallas game (injured) and Seattle game (offense held in check) and he's been remarkably consistent. Never below 8 points, and double figures in seven games. 

Unless there's extreme weather predicted for Philly this weekend, I think he's the safe play.
44 degrees, 10% chance of rain. 

Predicting wind for Monday tho - if that off by a day it matters to a K

looks like Zuerlein just placed on IR, WTF.  in championship game with closed waivers so can't replace him

Legatron to IR just after our first waiver process. Almost nothing to pick from for Championship FML!

Whats left

Catanzaro, Lambo, Rose, Dawson, McManus, Fairbairn, Tavecchio, Parkey, Murray, Rosas, Bullock, Hopkins.......

BRUTAL!

Legatron to IR just after our first waiver process. Almost nothing to pick from for Championship FML!

Whats left

Catanzaro, Lambo, Rose, Dawson, McManus, Fairbairn, Tavecchio, Parkey, Murray, Rosas, Bullock, Hopkins.......

BRUTAL!
Fwiw I'm in the consolation game for a 16-team league where I had Coons as my K. Similarly bare WW. I went with Lambo because at least know that offense will put up points.

How crazy is it that there's this much churn at K before Week 16? Hopkins comes back, Rose goes to LAC, Coons waived, and now Zuerlein to IR. Odds Raiders bring back Janikowski just to mess with us?
Seriously. Hell, I drafted Sturgis. Late BYE, good offense, big leg. Yeah. 

He went down and I grabbed up another kicker who got hurt in a week. 

Grabbed Elliott - and lost a game by 4 points the SN game he got concussed making a tackle after kicking a PAT :doh:  

so yeah - my kicker luck has been brutal this season - I cannot remember a year where more kickers have been hurt. 

How crazy is it that there's this much churn at K before Week 16? Hopkins comes back, Rose goes to LAC, Coons waived, and now Zuerlein to IR. Odds Raiders bring back Janikowski just to mess with us?
The chargers K situation alone is staggering

Just picked up Dawson. NYG are kicker friendly he's kicked 9/10 FG  last 2 games and in a dome. 
:goodposting:  

I actually drafted Dawson this year, but dropped him after he kept missing FGs in the first few weeks.

Thoughts on him vs. Elliott?

Magic_Man said:
This. I have Elliott so not worth the gamble, but for someone with a meh kicker, I can see the gamble.
I guess the question is, how much of Zuerlein's success was tied to the Rams' offense and how much to his accuracy/distance?

Users who are viewing this thread