What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (4 Viewers)

I dropped Gostkowski this week to try to grab Greg the Leg and he immediately put up 22.  Bailey gave me a respectable 10 points though.  I'll probably take another shot at Greg, or grab Lutz who was dropped....but I'm happy to keep Bailey if needed.

Freakin kickers. I picked up Succop, statistically the #2 kicker in fantasy through 5 games, bleurgh, zero points. Myers, a guy I briefly considered, proceeds to kick 7 field goals. There is no possible way to predict what a kicker may do in a game, none, zero. I've had a different guy nearly every week out of frustration. Prater, Mcmanus, Succop, don't think i've seen more than about 6 points from any of them.

I also have Bailey going against the Jets on the road. It's a tough place to kick, but not as bad as the old Meadowlands and I like him to put up a decent amount of points against a hurt Jets team. It's either him or Maher. I think I'll stick with Bailey.  

Just noticed this. Dallas kicker Brett Maher has 7 out of 8 games in a dome following his week 8 bye.
Huge.

But the Dallas kicker Maher also had a seventy-five percent career success rate -- in the CFL. Can guys turn it around and stun you? Yup. See: Gano, Graham. 

But I'd bet against that. 

Maybe not, though, as I'm considering that the football guys in Dallas might actually know something this amateur doesn't. 

Freakin kickers. I picked up Succop, statistically the #2 kicker in fantasy through 5 games, bleurgh, zero points. Myers, a guy I briefly considered, proceeds to kick 7 field goals. There is no possible way to predict what a kicker may do in a game, none, zero. I've had a different guy nearly every week out of frustration. Prater, Mcmanus, Succop, don't think i've seen more than about 6 points from any of them.
Fwiw entering this week Baltimore was 31st in FFPA to kickers.

Indy was 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started Crosby when he missed 72 kicks, kept him in that league, and now he has hit 93 against me in another league. 2 games lost on 1 guy...

I am against kicker being dropped from fantasy leagues but my patience is getting tested the last few weeks

LionOfGosforth said:
Yep, sigh. I dumped McManus and picked up Succop only to see him lay an egg, whilst going against Gostkowski for the double blow. Luckily, I still won this matchup. Going to stick with him again this week going off the idea that he cant possibly lay two nightmare scores in a row

Yep, sigh. I dumped McManus and picked up Succop only to see him lay an egg, whilst going against Gostkowski for the double blow. Luckily, I still won this matchup. Going to stick with him again this week going off the idea that he cant possibly lay two nightmare scores in a row
Reminds me of the old joke about how you should bring a bomb on an airplane because what are the chances that there would be two bombs?

That said, I'm in largely the same boat (dumped Crosby for Succop). Lutz was dropped over his bye, so if he clears waivers I may try to pick him up. And I am a little worried about Succop playing for such a low-powered offense. But I'll likely stick with him for now.

I haven't gone through much of this thread recently, but I always hear a lot of chatter around Greg Z, Butker, now Lutz coming off a bye -- name brands on high power offenses. That's where the focus should generally be.

I drafted Elliott this year for that reason -- was supposed to be a high powered offense, and I think it is coming around, and he has a late week bye (another thing I look for in a K) -- but Elliott ranks 19th overall in K scoring in my league, which blows.

I am not sure he should be replaced just yet as I do think the Eagles' offense will bear fruit more consistently, which helps lift Elliott -- and am interested in the brain trust here in opinions.

But one name stood out to me in looking at my league data: Jason Myers, NYJ

Maybe he's been talked about here, but I haven't heard a word about him elsewhere. Likely a guy who may be available (he's #1 in scoring and on the wire), Jets under Darnold have been looking good in moving chains, and not always getting in the end zone -- dead last in red zone TDs @ 30%. Myers also has only 2 FGs 29 yards or less -- his 14 others are all over 30, with a whopping 8 in the 30-39 range, and 5 between 40-49, which is great for leagues that give additional points for length. Only one miss on the season (30-39 yd range) so far.

Is this guy on your radars? Is this something that will last in terms of being a solid long term hold? If so, would you consider him over the name brands, including Elliott?

I’d just like to say I hate kickers. 

Matt Bryant - a gem off the wire who someone dropped for some reason kicks a 57 yarder & hurts his hammy. 

:doh:

i’ve spent $20 on 4 added kickers in that league - my goal for the year is to spend $5 to swap out for a BYE. That’s more than I’ve spent on any position on that roster. Gah!  :rant:

I hate kickers. 

Greg Zuerlein (groin) will resume kicking for the Rams in Week 7 against the 49ers.

The Rams telegraphed Zuerlein's return by releasing Cairo Santos, and Santos confirmed his now ex-teammate's good health in a farewell tweet. Zuerlein is an elite K1 on a weekly basis.

Oct 16 - 5:52 PM

Lucked out. Picked up Lutz after he was dropped last week to prepare for Bryant bye in a couple weeks.  Lo and behold Bryant goes down at the end of the game. 

Not putting in a waiver claim but will wake up first thing tomorrow morning and try to drop Succop for Lutz and Legatron, in that order.

Been carrying Legatron on my ir with justin tucker as my K.. I don't want to carry 2 obviously.. whats the right call?

I haven't gone through much of this thread recently, but I always hear a lot of chatter around Greg Z, Butker, now Lutz coming off a bye -- name brands on high power offenses. That's where the focus should generally be.

I drafted Elliott this year for that reason -- was supposed to be a high powered offense, and I think it is coming around, and he has a late week bye (another thing I look for in a K) -- but Elliott ranks 19th overall in K scoring in my league, which blows.

I am not sure he should be replaced just yet as I do think the Eagles' offense will bear fruit more consistently, which helps lift Elliott -- and am interested in the brain trust here in opinions.

But one name stood out to me in looking at my league data: Jason Myers, NYJ

Maybe he's been talked about here, but I haven't heard a word about him elsewhere. Likely a guy who may be available (he's #1 in scoring and on the wire), Jets under Darnold have been looking good in moving chains, and not always getting in the end zone -- dead last in red zone TDs @ 30%. Myers also has only 2 FGs 29 yards or less -- his 14 others are all over 30, with a whopping 8 in the 30-39 range, and 5 between 40-49, which is great for leagues that give additional points for length. Only one miss on the season (30-39 yd range) so far.

Is this guy on your radars? Is this something that will last in terms of being a solid long term hold? If so, would you consider him over the name brands, including Elliott?
He is now, I've added him for this week over Maher.

Min is 4th in FFPA per game to kickers. Was has given up all of 3 FGA all year to K's and the fewest FFPA per game, so I'm going with Myers. And he has been impressive with just 1 miss on 17 FGAs, meanwhile the Jets have scored 76 points in 2 games which few have noticed outside NYC.

I'll add that with Beathard playing pretty well Gould is reentering the picture similar to how he was last year though I think the Rams game is a bad place to start with him.

Well, I'm now all in on Greg Z. Let's hope he actually suits up to play and doesn't relapse, and isn't affected by the injury going forward. 
Thats my biggest fear for kickers....lingering injuries like this one.  I grabbed Lutz after he was dropped on his bye last week.  Kind of gave up hoping Greg would come back to form.  

Thats my biggest fear for kickers....lingering injuries like this one.  I grabbed Lutz after he was dropped on his bye last week.  Kind of gave up hoping Greg would come back to form.  
Greg was given 5 weeks he should be fine plus they waived Santtos which means hes good to go .. stop worrying and take a chance on the best kicker.. this guy is like a flex player.. he beat out 7 top wr last year when he scored more than 17 points a game 7 times .. you heard right .. Legatronnnnnnnnn

Greg was given 5 weeks he should be fine plus they waived Santtos which means hes good to go .. stop worrying and take a chance on the best kicker.. this guy is like a flex player.. he beat out 7 top wr last year when he scored more than 17 points a game 7 times .. you heard right .. Legatronnnnnnnnn
:thumbup:

I think I’m gonna like having this guy if today is his around his average weekly performance. 

3 FG, 4 PATs, 13 ffps

Here to say that my kicker (Fairbairn) was the third highest scorer on my team with Julio to go...down 10 he's still got Ridley .

Raiders signed K Daniel Carlson.

The Raiders are moving on from Matthew McCrane as they wait on Mike Nugent (hip) to get healthy. A fifth-round rookie out of Auburn, Carlson was cut by the Vikings following a disastrous two-week stint. The Raiders are getting their tank on, and Carlson was good in the SEC, so they are taking a no-risk gamble as they play for draft position and wait on Nugent.

Source: Matt Schneidman on Twitter 

Oct 23 - 3:41 PM

Fairbairn has been solid scoring at least 8 pts. I'm thinking of dropping him for Crosby who's coming off his bye week so I don't have to worry about the kicker any more . I hope he can be trusted again 

Good to see Carlson get another shot.  Having watched him his entire college career as an Auburn fan, can't help but think he will turn out to be a very good pro kicker, just got off to a bad start and was given a very quick hook (IMHO) by the Vikings.

Own Tucker, but never know what weather will be like come playoff time. Noticed someone dropped Viniateri, added him in case. Home weeks 10, 11, 12, and at Jax week 13. He is in a dome weeks 14 to 16.

@  Houston

vs Dallas

vs NYG

Weather wise has best schedule of any kicker.

Good to see Carlson get another shot.  Having watched him his entire college career as an Auburn fan, can't help but think he will turn out to be a very good pro kicker, just got off to a bad start and was given a very quick hook (IMHO) by the Vikings.
Agreed. They HAD to do something though. It was a message to the team.

Dan Bailey had his zero clunker against buffalo but since then he’s been drastically underrated as a solid kicker. 

He’s put up 9+ every week since.

Chargers K Caleb Sturgis (quad) will return for Week 9.

The Chargers telegraphed the move by waiving Mike Badgley. Sturgis missed Weeks 6 and 7 but got healthy during the Bolts' Week 8 bye. He will always be in the K1 mix for the Chargers' high-scoring offense.

Oct 30 - 5:35 PM

Just noticed this. Dallas kicker Brett Maher has 7 out of 8 games in a dome following his week 8 bye.
First time I’ve ever had Tucker and he’s been a letdown the past few weeks.  I do love me a good dome kicker.

Prater has 6/8 games in domes the rest of the way.

Thinking about just kicking Tucker to the curb (pun intended) outright.

zftcg said:
Definitely Lutz. It's annoying when they put up 35 points and you only get 5 XPs, but to the extent that K is a predictable position, you want a) good team that will win a lot, b) good offense and c) good/no weather. Check, check and check.
Or a coach who tries to win games 19-14.  

I'm looking a you John Harbaugh.

Streaming kickers in one league and it has been absolutely brutal.  

Maher in tonight.  Missed 38 yarder and an XP.  Back to zero
Sick to death of kickers this year, have used Prater, McManus, Succop, Rosas and Maher and I don't think i've gotten more than about 6 out of any of them.

Sick to death of kickers this year, have used Prater, McManus, Succop, Rosas and Maher and I don't think i've gotten more than about 6 out of any of them.
You dudes are making me rethink dropping Fairbairn during his bye this week ...

Elliot has been pretty good since Wentz has returned, he’s available. The rookie in LAC is interesting, Mike Badgley. 

I just don’t view Fairbairn as a bye week must hold type, although he is 2nd or 3rd in FGA on a good offense, without a running game.

Users who are viewing this thread