What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 6 (1 Viewer)

NixonMask said:
Scoresman said:
NixonMask said:
I am all in on Hyde this week. He looked very good again last week despite the moderate production. This week he gets the Ravens defense, just off a soul-crushing loss, at home. On top of so few good values anywhere else at RB this week the value is just jumping off the screen to me.
Baltimore's been fairly decent against the run though.
The Ravens are 14th in the league allowing 100 yards a game on the ground. Forsett has what looks like a high ankle sprain, Steve Smith may play with broken ribs. With the Ravens having trouble moving the ball this game plays out with a game script that lets Hyde produce like the elite talent he is.
What makes you think they would have trouble moving the ball against the 49er's?

Just looking early at the value chart, they seem high on using the Titans as a cheap defensive option. If you step out on that ledge it does give you cash to upgrade to Brady, an example...

Brady

Freeman/Forte

Woodhead

Hopkins

Fitz

Decker

Barnidge/Donnell

Gostkowski

Titans

NixonMask said:
Scoresman said:
NixonMask said:
I am all in on Hyde this week. He looked very good again last week despite the moderate production. This week he gets the Ravens defense, just off a soul-crushing loss, at home. On top of so few good values anywhere else at RB this week the value is just jumping off the screen to me.
The Ravens are 14th in the league allowing 100 yards a game on the ground. Forsett has what looks like a high ankle sprain, Steve Smith may play with broken ribs. With the Ravens having trouble moving the ball this game plays out with a game script that lets Hyde produce like the elite talent he is.
What makes you think they would have trouble moving the ball against the 49er's?
Theyre going to be leaning on Kamar Aiken and Lorenzo Taliaferro.

NixonMask said:
Scoresman said:
NixonMask said:
Theyre going to be leaning on Kamar Aiken and Lorenzo Taliaferro.
And they just moved the ball over the field with Aiken and Forsett against Cleveland, Smith could also be back and Forsett is more likely to play. Is Taliaferro even back, because he looked pretty good on his carries.

The Cleveland Browns are ranked 31st against the run and San Francisco is 17th. Still mediocre, but significantly better than terrible. Baltimore also has the 25th ranked pass defense (obviously skewed by the Browns lighting them up) which bodes well for Kaeperinick to help keep the Ravens from stacking the box.

I am happy if no one else is seeing the same thing. Hydes had one good week followed by 4 bad ones. This week he explodes for his 2nd, and possible last, productive week of the season.

pulled this from RG

Buyer beware on Bortles. and by extension all Jags players.

Bortles got really beat up this weekend. He has an AC joint sprain. I’ve treated those first hand, they’re excruciatingly painful. They may hold him out of practice tomorrow. He won’t have any structural limitations as far as range of motion on his throws but he’s going to be stiff just from the inflammation. One good hit (and he will get hit again this game often) and it could re-aggravate the injury.

JJ Watt has more sacks against the Jags than any other team BTW.

pulled this from RG

Buyer beware on Bortles. and by extension all Jags players.

Bortles got really beat up this weekend. He has an AC joint sprain. Ive treated those first hand, theyre excruciatingly painful. They may hold him out of practice tomorrow. He wont have any structural limitations as far as range of motion on his throws but hes going to be stiff just from the inflammation. One good hit (and he will get hit again this game often) and it could re-aggravate the injury.

JJ Watt has more sacks against the Jags than any other team BTW.
Yeah that's worrisome for sure.

QB Brian Hoyer 6700 (Hopkins is the new Josh Gordon)
RB Arian Foster 8500 (5th worst rush D)
RB Matt Forte 8400 (7th worst rush D)
WR DeAndre Hopkins 8500 (beast)
WR Anquan Boldin 6500 (revenge game + bal pass defense 2nd worst )
WR Eric Decker 6100 (Bmarsh drawing WAS #1 backup cb - Decker to roam the field)
TE Antonio Gates 5500 (rivers & gates are homo for each other)
K Stephen Gostkowski 5100 (high scoring offense high O/U game)
D Cincinnati Bengals 4700 (tyrod taylor is out)

Thinking of trying out MT's method from last week with 50-100 entries. The problem is that for Thursday, the only big GPP available is the $2 Snap, with no big $1 multi-entry GPP (other than the Mini-Dive at about 4k entries).

Instead might try this with 100 and 250 player leagues. Was also thinking of pairing each $1 league with a $1 50/50 to act as a 'loss limiter' so that that e.g. entries below the cash but still in the top half don't lose $1 each, but lose just 20cents each. Take a look at the grouping: http://s15.postimg.org/9uyiy4k2j/image.jpg

Does anyone have an example of a CSV file that is uploaded to FD using the RG extension? Was playing around with it last night and watched some tutorial video and I think I understand it but would like to see a file if possible. I think it just goes:

QB full name, RB1 full name, etc.

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick 6900
RB Dion Lewis 7200
RB Matt Forte 8400
WR DeAndre Hopkins 8500
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7500
WR Eric Decker 6100
TE Antonio Gates 5500
K Stephen Gostkowski 5100
D Cincinnati Bengals 4700

think I like this one more

Last edited by a moderator:
NixonMask said:
Scoresman said:
NixonMask said:
I was looking at their PFF grade for run defense which has them in the top 10. I just think that whole game is a mess and I'm avoiding.

Hopkins or Foster this week?

They are both the same price, I really like them both, but in all my line ups I just seem to end up with Hopkins and no Foster. If you had to choose just one to roster would it be Hopkins?

They are both the same price, I really like them both, but in all my line ups I just seem to end up with Hopkins and no Foster. If you had to choose just one to roster would it be Hopkins?
doug martin destroyed the jax run def last week. hard not to like foster this week but its hard not to like Hopkins everyweek

Going with Hopkins in Thurs lineups, Foster in Sun lineups. (Cash lineups). Hopkins will be fairly high owned IMO, and it is hard to fade him in what looks to be a pretty tasty matchup for him.

Thinking of trying out MT's method from last week with 50-100 entries. The problem is that for Thursday, the only big GPP available is the $2 Snap, with no big $1 multi-entry GPP (other than the Mini-Dive at about 4k entries).

Instead might try this with 100 and 250 player leagues. Was also thinking of pairing each $1 league with a $1 50/50 to act as a 'loss limiter' so that that e.g. entries below the cash but still in the top half don't lose $1 each, but lose just 20cents each. Take a look at the grouping: http://s15.postimg.org/9uyiy4k2j/image.jpg

Does anyone have an example of a CSV file that is uploaded to FD using the RG extension? Was playing around with it last night and watched some tutorial video and I think I understand it but would like to see a file if possible. I think it just goes:

Does anyone have experience creating Macros in Excel? I figured out how to make a simple 'record' macro to dumb copy and paste a LU from the IVC into the format required for upload.

Maurile, do you have any guidance re the macros you built last week ?(e.g. generating target ownership % based on h-values, running tab of owned players based on a number of LUs, or anything else you came up with)

Hopkins, this guy is getting force fed the ball.. I will be putting him in almost every LU. Julio Jones wont be in a single one this week. ALso going to be heavy on forte

Teddy Bridgewater, Cash game QB.

Discuss.
GPP yes, Cash no. Bridgewater has too low of a floor to be a cash game QB IMO. If AD wasn't there and he had shown us something so far this year I might be more inclined. Johnson and Wallace have also been practicing on a limited basis. (Johnson because of ribs, reason on Wallace is not being disclosed)

NixonMask said:
Scoresman said:
NixonMask said:
I was looking at their PFF grade for run defense which has them in the top 10. I just think that whole game is a mess and I'm avoiding.
I agree it will be a mess. That's why I like him

This is the week to play Kaep. I'll have stacks with him and Boldin/Smith. Ravens pass D is beyond dreadful plus they had to travel across the country plus they're coming off a horrible loss.

Here's my first shoot at a cash LU with Brady. Not mad at it. Not happy either.

Brady

C. Ivory

D. Freeman

W. Snead

J. Maclin

J.Jones

A.Gates

S. Gostkowski

Jets

wyattroa said:
ChaosM83 said:

Hopkins, this guy is getting force fed the ball.. I will be putting him in almost every LU. Julio Jones wont be in a single one this week. ALso going to be heavy on forte
Shark move is to fade Hopkins in GPP. He will be everywhere.

wyattroa said:
ChaosM83 said:

Shark move is to fade Hopkins in GPP. He will be everywhere.
I think that I agree with this. I think Foster re-establishes himself as a difference maker in this one.

Someone please convince me I'm crazy. I'm thinking about rolling out Stafford in GPP lineups this week. The last three weeks have been pretty terrible, but that's against three of the more difficult matchups (Den, Sea, Ariz) that you're going to come across. Chicago can't possibly be as difficult a defense to navigate as those three. Seems like a somewhat reasonable chance to provide 2.5-3X value to me, and an opportunity to have a pretty low owned stack with Calvin.

What does everybody think about Moncrief? The Patriots have a decent secondary, but its not very deep. I expect the Pats to game plan to limit Hilton's touches. I'd have rolled him out with confidence if Andre Johnson hadn't gone off last week but Andre Johnson appears to be an easy cover. I think Moncrief presents a mismatch on the Pats second corner and could see him having a big day. If the game goes as planned, the Colts will have to throw to the end.

(Edited to add that this goes with the assumption that Luck plays)

I also like Stephon Diggs as a minimum price punt option at WR.

First look at Survivor lineup for Sunday:

Brady

Foster, Lewis

Fitz, James Jones, Decker

Donnell, McManus, Broncos

I thought Kendall Wright coming out of the bye against Miami is another decent option for WR3 and thought he'd be a high-floor, but has a couple of stinkers (4.5 points Week 4, 2.7 points week 2). Doug Baldwin is in that range too and his lowest output was week 2 against Chicago for 5 points. Going a little deeper another option is Jamison Crowder - continues to get a high number of looks each week, but could be Djax is back. Dropping down to one of these punts allows an upgrade at K to Gostkowski.

Anyone else use the interactive Fanduel charts, and am I the only puzzled by how the Football guys can predict such big games for Cam, Ginn, Olsen and the Seahawks defense?

Anyone else use the interactive Fanduel charts, and am I the only puzzled by how the Football guys can predict such big games for Cam, Ginn, Olsen and the Seahawks defense?
I was thinking the same thing. He has never passed for over 150 yards against them, Never ran for over 50 against them, and only has 1 td. Those are the 3 times cam has faced them.

I was thinking the same thing. He has never passed for over 150 yards against them, Never ran for over 50 against them, and only has 1 td. Those are the 3 times cam has faced them.
Vegas has Carolina scoring 17 points this week, so this has to be an error in the data.

If TyGod does not play, I will have a hard time not going all in on EJ Manuel.
Be careful with that, just ask some of us about Austin Davis last year.
I like his potential to put up a rushing TD with the Bills RB situation. 225 passing with a TD, 30 yards rushing with a TD and he is at 4x value. With all the money he frees up I will take the chance.
At 125/0/2 and 35 yards rushing hes at 1x.

Joking aside, hes certainly contrarian for a large GPP. Personally at 6200 Id take a look at Cousins first though

I have stayed away from Philly stacks all season, waiting for the right time to ride my homer squad. This week is it:

Bradford (time for Chip to dust off his new franchise QB and let him go for 3-4 TDs in their first primetime game of the season)

Woodhead (should be a pass-catching RB's wet dream versus Green bay)

Foster (for reasons stated earlier)

Fitz (kinda quiet last couple weeks, wakes up against a dredful Pitt secondary)

Decker (should have lots of room to do whatever he wants against a beat-up Washington secondary)

Matthews( priced right for a WR1 in an offense that is going to be throwing all over the field Monday night)

Gronk (Brady goes off for 4 TDs this week, he uses his favorite toy often)

Folk (Jets move the ball easily between the 20's, but Ivory could find tough sledding near the goalline)

Bengals (priced right against a Bills team depleted of weapons)

Here is my current Cash lineup although Stafford is bad he should still get 2 times value against the Bears and the rest line up I think can make-up any difference against mot cash line-ups. Detroit averaging 270 yds passing and 1.2 TDs a game. Yes, I am still trying to convince myself he should start against a bad Bears defense.

Matthew Stafford Devonta Freeman LeVeon Bell DeAndre Hopkins Eric Decker Allen Robinson Antonio Gates Robbie Gould NY Jets

Here is my current Cash lineup although Stafford is bad he should still get 2 times value against the Bears and the rest line up I think can make-up any difference against mot cash line-ups. Detroit averaging 270 yds passing and 1.2 TDs a game. Yes, I am still trying to convince myself he should start against a bad Bears defense.

Matthew Stafford Devonta Freeman LeVeon Bell DeAndre Hopkins Eric Decker Allen Robinson Antonio Gates Robbie Gould NY Jets
Not sure about Bell vs Arizona. yes he is going to get his touches, but you could go Peterson, Forte or Foster in same range. In Robinson's case, you really need to watch the news on Bortles' shoulder.

just my .02

I have been struggling more than I usually do coming up with a cash lineup that I feel good about going into Thurs night. I think I finally came up with one that I feel good about:

QB Carson Palmer 8000
RB Devonta Freeman 8000
RB Dion Lewis 7200
WR Willie Snead 6200
WR Julian Edelman 7900
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7500
TE Antonio Gates 5500
K Matt Bryant 4900
D NY Jets 4800

Thoughts?

I have been struggling more than I usually do coming up with a cash lineup that I feel good about going into Thurs night. I think I finally came up with one that I feel good about:

QB Carson Palmer 8000
RB Devonta Freeman 8000
RB Dion Lewis 7200
WR Willie Snead 6200
WR Julian Edelman 7900
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7500
TE Antonio Gates 5500
K Matt Bryant 4900
D NY Jets 4800

Thoughts?
I like that, seems overall solid for cash. I don't see a glaring weakness, is a little heavy on Thursday with RB WR K, but I'm going to be heavy on those same players since they aren't available Sunday.

More and more it seems like there aren't that many inefficiencies this week. A few of the QBs who struggled but might show some promise this week (Kaep, Bradford) are not super cheap in the mid 7000s. Freeman is the top RB and priced at just 8k, but he'll be very highly owned and only on the thursday slate. Fitz and Hopkins are top WRs and should be much higher than 7.5 and 8.5k.

Basically with any kind of decent QB + Freeman + solid WRs + Gronk, it's almost impossible to field a team. I find myself over-invested in Snead and Decker because they are the only options for price relief.

QB Carson Palmer 8000
RB Devonta Freeman 8000
RB Dion Lewis 7200
WR Willie Snead 6200
WR Julian Edelman 7900
WR Larry Fitzgerald 7500
TE Antonio Gates 5500
K Matt Bryant 4900
D NY Jets 4800

Thoughts?
I like that, seems overall solid for cash.

More and more it seems like there aren't that many inefficiencies this week. A few of the QBs who struggled but might show some promise this week (Kaep, Bradford) are not super cheap in the mid 7000s. Freeman is the top RB and priced at just 8k, but he'll be very highly owned and only on the thursday slate. Fitz and Hopkins are top WRs and should be much higher than 7.5 and 8.5k.

Basically with any kind of decent QB + Freeman + solid WRs + Gronk, it's almost impossible to field a team. I find myself over-invested in Snead and Decker because they are the only options for price relief.
I started around Freeman and Snead because of the Thurs game. I may back off Snead depending on the work of Colston. I am a little higher on some backs this week other than Freeman, but I think he will be fairly high owned and would be in more trouble if he goes off than if he is held in check. This looks to be a high scoring game tonight and I think you will definitely want a piece of it in cash games. I would like to get Hopkins in my lineup, but I don't want to go back too much further in my QB in a safe play and Edelman and Fitzgerald appear to be as safe of plays as Hopkins at a considerably lower price.

Here is my current Thursday cash lineup:

Dalton

Forte

Freeman

Hopkins

Hurns

Decker

Rodgers

Brown

Broncos

I'm not sold on either Hurns or Rodgers, the former due to Bortles injury status. That said, I'm starting to think Hurns might just be a really good WR. Rodgers isn't much more than a high upside punt.

Questions for Maurile:

I noticed you have Steve Smith in your Thurs cash lineup on the lineups page. What makes you feel comfortable putting him in a Thurs lineup with the questions on his status for Sunday?

What makes you feel comfortable putting in the numbers you are putting in for Olsen? Granted Seattle gave up a bunch of points to Eifert, but they are at home and does Carolina have the same weapons as Cincy?

I keep playing around looking for a Fitzpatrick/Decker stack and have found that I tend to have both Edelman and Dion Lewis. I know that's not typically how it should look, but most projections have them at similar point totals. Is this crazy?

Fitzpatrick

Lewis

A Foster

Decker

Edelman

Fitzgerald

Eifert

Gostkowski

Jets

What is everyone doing tonight with Freeman in GPPs. The logical approach would be to fade, but his has been very hot, is still reasonbly priced with his output and the Thurs crowd will probably be on him.

Would take some fairly large fortitude to fade him. Do you take him as a loss leader or fade?

Users who are viewing this thread