What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

Eww just noticed this was in my league.  The same guy buying Jordy also gave a 2019 1st for Dez right after.  So he gave 1.08 + 2019 1st + change for Dez/Jordy.   :X

My favorite part about the bad deals in this thread is that the guy on the losing end almost always gives up some little extra piece on top of the thing they're getting ripped off for.

Like 1.8 >>>>>> Jordy/3.10, but you'd better add Carlos Henderson too!

Maybe it's some kind of mental thing.  Like if they feel like they have to throw something in then maybe they're not already getting ripped off.
Yep. I was actually thinking that the deal may be closer to Jordy's true value if no picks were involved at all. I'm not saying that Jordy = Henderson, but seeing that deal go through would be less shocking to me at this point.

I have Jordy in two league so of course I'm hoping that Rodgers coming back helps Jordy put up numbers but he wasn't looking all that great before Rodgers went down and with age it seems nagging injuries are coming as well. If I could get the 1.08, I would trade in a heartbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would give up Gordy + skip a heart beat or two for the 1.08 .  .  .  .  .  .  .
Yes, that wasn't too smart IMO.  I guess he is buying into the recent report that Jordy isn't done and is still a very good WR.  He may very well be for all I know.

Eww just noticed this was in my league.  The same guy buying Jordy also gave a 2019 1st for Dez right after.  So he gave 1.08 + 2019 1st + change for Dez/Jordy.   :X

My favorite part about the bad deals in this thread is that the guy on the losing end almost always gives up some little extra piece on top of the thing they're getting ripped off for.

Like 1.8 >>>>>> Jordy/3.10, but you'd better add Carlos Henderson too!

Maybe it's some kind of mental thing.  Like if they feel like they have to throw something in then maybe they're not already getting ripped off.
I accepted the trade as offered to me, I didn't ask for any additional pieces or negotiate. I'm cutting Carlos Henderson

Jordy Nelson 2017

Week 1 7/79/1 on 8 targets

Week 2 0/0 left game early, quadriceps

Week 3 6/52/2 on 9 targets

Week 4 4/75/2 on 7 targets

Week 5 2/24/1 on 4 targets

Week 6 6/60 on 10 targets

Weeks 7+ 28/193/0 after Rodgers got hurt early week 7

So after a leg injury slowed him down and the franchise qb got hurt he wasn't quite as good. I'll still take 25/290/6 in 5 games. That's pace for 80/928/15. This narrative that jordy was playing terribly to start the year is a bit overstated.  

That doesn't excuse him catching 28 balls on 50 targets for 6.9 yards per reception and no touchdowns in his final 9 games, but I'm willing to take a flyer on the guy if the price is right.  1.8 is not the right price but a late second/early third is worth the risk that he was slowed down by that leg or other injuries or that their backup qb just didn't use him right.

For what?
I haven't owned either guy, so I could be overestimating the market for them.  It just seems like each guy is valued close to a 2nd around here.  

I'd likely to try to move each guy for a 2nd, or someone I like more, like Keelan Cole or Dion Lewis, to pick a couple names.  

Value on RB's side if you got roster room
I know it's only 2.5, but i don't really see mack or Jones as likely starters, so I'm more inclined to throw a solid dart at a qb/wr/te with the pick. 

Mack seems like a placeholder while they get their rb of the future in this draft. The Colts have surprised us all before by not taking running backs despite gore being 100 years old, but I don't put a lot of value on mack at all. Should i?

I'd gladly give 2.5 for Jamaal Williams alone though, so maybe I'm too enamored with Williams to put a fair price on Jones? 

I know it's only 2.5, but i don't really see mack or Jones as likely starters, so I'm more inclined to throw a solid dart at a qb/wr/te with the pick. 

Mack seems like a placeholder while they get their rb of the future in this draft. The Colts have surprised us all before by not taking running backs despite gore being 100 years old, but I don't put a lot of value on mack at all. Should i?

I'd gladly give 2.5 for Jamaal Williams alone though, so maybe I'm too enamored with Williams to put a fair price on Jones? 

At 2.5 in the draft your odds are picking a surefire starter are pretty low.

I was a big  Mack guy this time last year and I thought he looked pretty good myself. Has to clean up a few things, mainly not looking to keep bouncing outside,  but he looked like a Tevin Coleman kind of player to me.  I view him as being in comp to lead Colts backfield in touches or like previously mentioned Coleman comp be part of a RBBC and as a good looking pass catching option I think he can have good value. Not sure how Reich will use his RB's but if anything like last year in Philly seems he likes a RBBC approach. Colts will add to RB group for sure but again no RB at pick 2.5 is coming in as the unquestioned man either. Granted you can go with another position instead of RB but an apples to apples RB comp puts Mack in the 2.5 range for me.

I was not aware people valued Williams so highly or so much over Jones. For real had no idea because I don't. Jones averaged about 2 yards a carry more than Jamal Williams and just on eye test looked like the better runner to me.  Williams looks to offer more in passing game so I'd lean him myself because in a RBBC I want the one what is more involved as a pass catcher but I was not in love with what I saw out of Jamal as a runner and I think it's a RBBC.

I think the duo is better than any one RB I expect to be looking at with 2.5 but again if talking about other positions that is a different matter. That's my take anyway.

Hopefully for Team B's sake that's Jaquizz, not Aaron.
Who has two thumbs and is the new owner of Aaron Rodgers? This guy. I've had the hardest time negotiating with this other owner on some smaller deals. I was surprised he accepted this. Stafford is probably underrated but *Aaron* Rodgers is a potential league winner. I have too many receivers and we have to cut down to 16. He needs receivers pretty bad.

Jordy Nelson 2017

Week 1 7/79/1 on 8 targets

Week 2 0/0 left game early, quadriceps

Week 3 6/52/2 on 9 targets

Week 4 4/75/2 on 7 targets

Week 5 2/24/1 on 4 targets

Week 6 6/60 on 10 targets

Weeks 7+ 28/193/0 after Rodgers got hurt early week 7

So after a leg injury slowed him down and the franchise qb got hurt he wasn't quite as good. I'll still take 25/290/6 in 5 games. That's pace for 80/928/15. This narrative that jordy was playing terribly to start the year is a bit overstated.  

That doesn't excuse him catching 28 balls on 50 targets for 6.9 yards per reception and no touchdowns in his final 9 games, but I'm willing to take a flyer on the guy if the price is right.  1.8 is not the right price but a late second/early third is worth the risk that he was slowed down by that leg or other injuries or that their backup qb just didn't use him right.
That pace is subpar for Jordy outside of the TD total - which is not necessarily sustainable.

sure, I can se paying a late second or early third because those picks guaranteed nothing either but that wasn’t under discussion really.

Super even.  Not sure which side i prefer.  I guess with RB's getting a little extra boost i'd go Kamara side but splitting hairs.
I'm team A.  I've owned Evans in 3 of 4 dynasty leagues since I drafted him and this is my first time trading him away.  I won the championship last year, with little help from Evans as I am deep at receiver.  Plus the point per carry scoring change introduced last year has really added some bonus points to backs.

In our league, I think this is a pretty even, win-win type of trade.  Evans just always feels like the hype never quite matches the production.  I was looking to divest myself of some Evans shares and I think this deal made sense for this team.

12 Team PPR(small boost for points re carry) 1/1/1/4flex/1te

Team A Gets: Kamara, 2.6

Team B gets Evans, Olsen
I'll go with Team A...Kamara looks like he has a chance to be special and you only get so many opportunities to obtain that type of talent...Evans has been a little up and down for a big time WR and something doesn't feel right with Winston and Tampa...Olsen is a tough loss but he isn't getting younger and not sure who else Team A has at that position...2.6 takes the sting off of losing Olsen...

I'll go with Team A...Kamara looks like he has a chance to be special and you only get so many opportunities to obtain that type of talent...Evans has been a little up and down for a big time WR and something doesn't feel right with Winston and Tampa...Olsen is a tough loss but he isn't getting younger and not sure who else Team A has at that position...2.6 takes the sting off of losing Olsen...
Team A has Ertz, Hooper, Swoope at TE.  Definitely part of why giving up Olsen made sense.  I think it's decent exit value for a player I have nothing but appreciation and respect for and who I think still has something left in the tank for another year or two.

Not involved.  10-team PPR with IDP. 

Jamaal Williams, Ty Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Brandin Cooks 

for 

LeSean McCoy, Adam Thielen, 3.10

Both teams are title contenders.

I accepted the trade as offered to me, I didn't ask for any additional pieces or negotiate. I'm cutting Carlos Henderson
Ah, great deal for you.

This is a new owner and looks like he is trading off all his young assets for old likely one and done players.  I'm guessing the owner is one and done too, just selling everything to make a run for one year to try and win some money before quitting and leaving the team with nothing.

16 team IDP 

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Martavis Bryant

Marlon Mack

Marshawn Lattimore

2019 3rd

for

Alvin Kamara

C.J. Mosley

Kamara side easily
Yep. 

16 team IDP 40 man rosters + taxi $65k salary cap

Team A got Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR ($6032)
    Team B got Fuller, Will HOU WR ($2453)

Team C got Jones, Aaron GBP RB;Ross, John CIN WR ($1263);Hyder, Kerry DET DE;McLeod, Rodney PHI S; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.03;Year 2018 Draft Pick 5.03
    Team D got Gordon, Melvin LAC RB ($6240); Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.11

The IDP's are insignificant in the second trade, 1.03 will only be about $2k salary.
Jeffery, 1.03

CabinFever said:
Nice gift sent to me today, 12 team ppr league

gave: 2.7 and 3rd in 2019

got: 1st in 2019 
Seriously. Nice for you

Travieso said:
couple of  trades in same ppr leagues  Start 1,2,3,1,1flex:

A gave up Butt, Jake DEN TE;Higbee, Tyler LAR TE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.11

B gave up Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB;Olsen, Greg CAR TE

A gave up Richardson, Paul SEA WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.09

B gave up Thielen, Adam MIN WR
In a vacuum olsen. If I'm rebuilding butt.

Pretty even, Thielen if contending.

10-team Best Ball PPR with deep IDP

Gave DeVante Parker + 3.08

Got 1.09
I think 1.09 but close enough

Not involved.  10-team PPR with IDP. 

Jamaal Williams, Ty Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Brandin Cooks 

for 

LeSean McCoy, Adam Thielen, 3.10

Both teams are title contenders.
Cooks but close

FFPC

Jordy Nelson and 3.10

for

Carlos Henderson and 1.8
1 .8

FFPC - 

Gave Crowell/Duke for Shepard

FFPC, not involved - 

JuJu/Ingram for DHenry/Fuller/Kupp
Shep

Really close. I'd probably take Henry 

Team A gets Winston, Doctson, and Eifert

Team B gets 1.05 rookie pick

PPR Dynasty
1.05, rather easily

Team A gets Marlon Mack and Aaron Jones

Team B gets the 2.05 rookie pick

Dynasty PPR
Mack, I think but close

12 Team PPR - Q - RR - WW - T - FF

A gets: 1.01, D. Cook
B gets: OBJ, Freeman
Really close, but with that lineup I'll take the two young backs. 

Ah, great deal for you.

This is a new owner and looks like he is trading off all his young assets for old likely one and done players.  I'm guessing the owner is one and done too, just selling everything to make a run for one year to try and win some money before quitting and leaving the team with nothing.
How do they handle that in FFPC? Who will pay big money to take over an old/bad team? 

I'd also guess this is common due to the high stakes - people selling out to win now. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

That pace is subpar for Jordy outside of the TD total - which is not necessarily sustainable.

sure, I can se paying a late second or early third because those picks guaranteed nothing either but that wasn’t under discussion really.
I think calling this pace (80/928) sub par is a bit silly. BTW it’s actually 80/928/19 (excluding the 0, not directed at you). 5 game sample, everyone is bound to have 1-2 subpar games. Throw out the 2/24/1 on 4 targets and his pace is 92/1064/20 (136 target pace which is pretty reasonable and we’ll below normal Jordy standards). Cut the TDs in half and we’ve still got a mid to low end WR1. People are sleeping on him. 

I think calling this pace (80/928) sub par is a bit silly. BTW it’s actually 80/928/19 (excluding the 0, not directed at you). 5 game sample, everyone is bound to have 1-2 subpar games. Throw out the 2/24/1 on 4 targets and his pace is 92/1064/20 (136 target pace which is pretty reasonable and we’ll below normal Jordy standards). Cut the TDs in half and we’ve still got a mid to low end WR1. People are sleeping on him. 
11.6 ypc would be subpar for Jordy, but your point is taken. He got banged up a few times as well but that could be random and not age related. He looked a bit slower to me, but I’m hoping you are right and he does bounce back.

i still would trade him for the 1.09 in a heartbeat. While that pick is not a lock, Jordy surpassing WR2/WR3 status at 33 and beyond is far from a lock as well.

ETA: he was in my lineups for that 0. Obviously that’s random bad luck but don’t think we can dismiss it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do they handle that in FFPC? Who will pay big money to take over an old/bad team? 

I'd also guess this is common due to the high stakes - people selling out to win now. Maybe I'm wrong about that.
FFPC does not do a great job of watching this type of behavior. Some “respected” owners leave crappy teams when they run them in to the ground only to keep their decent teams and join new leagues. This is probably the biggest qualm I have with the format with thousands tied up league fees. I have suggested to the FFPC owners on several occasions to have a blacklist of dynasty like this, but they do not seem to care. 

FFPC does not do a great job of watching this type of behavior. Some “respected” owners leave crappy teams when they run them in to the ground only to keep their decent teams and join new leagues. This is probably the biggest qualm I have with the format with thousands tied up league fees. I have suggested to the FFPC owners on several occasions to have a blacklist of dynasty like this, but they do not seem to care. 
Are they always able to get new owners, even for teams run into the ground?

2 trades, same league QRRWWTFFKD PPR, 12 teams

A gave Jimmy garapalo and Carlos Hyde

B gave jameis Winston and Devonta Freeman.  

B gave Teddy Bridgewater

C gave Jordan Matthews

11.6 ypc would be subpar for Jordy, but your point is taken. He got banged up a few times as well but that could be random and not age related. He looked a bit slower to me, but I’m hoping you are right and he does bounce back.

i still would trade him for the 1.09 in a heartbeat. While that pick is not a lock, Jordy surpassing WR2/WR3 status at 33 and beyond is far from a lock as well.

ETA: he was in my lineups for that 0. Obviously that’s random bad luck but don’t think we can dismiss it.
With a 22% TD rate ypc is bound to be low :)

Users who are viewing this thread