Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

1 minute ago, Pwingles said:

I think his perspective on the situation is that Ridley will be vastly more expensive as time goes on (i dont agree, at least in the near future), so he had a "get in on the ground floor" mentality towards acquiring him. His top 3 wr weekly are Fitz, DT, and Tyreek. So a couple of his guys are aging out. His depth is pretty bad, KB and Agholor and then trash. He drafted Kerryon and Chubb this year. So, even if everyone breaks out and has a career year veteran wise, he will still have trouble competing if he makes the playoffs.

My team is pretty solid, was champ last season, and my team got better. My WR are pretty stacked (Evans, Nuk, Adams, Davis) and i can fade this years wr class in favor of a better crop next year. If I change my mind during draft season next year, the 1st will most certainly be worth at least as much as Ridley in terms of trade value, and I got a free 2nd. So I am happy right now.

Are those his only 2 RBs? I'm guessing no. His WRs aren't great for dynasty, but they should still be pretty productive. I obviously do not know the dynamics of your league but that could be a playoff team so I'm not sure I'd list those picks as "early to mid" (I know it's generally hard to guess though).

Either way it's a good deal for you - at worst it's likely a wash - but it may not be as bad for him as it looks. We can sit here and say '19 draft is stacked or it sucks but who really knows at this point?

2 minutes ago, Pwingles said:

I think his perspective on the situation is that Ridley will be vastly more expensive as time goes on (i dont agree, at least in the near future), so he had a "get in on the ground floor" mentality towards acquiring him. His top 3 wr weekly are Fitz, DT, and Tyreek. So a couple of his guys are aging out. His depth is pretty bad, KB and Agholor and then trash. He drafted Kerryon and Chubb this year. So, even if everyone breaks out and has a career year veteran wise, he will still have trouble competing if he makes the playoffs.

My team is pretty solid, was champ last season, and my team got better. My WR are pretty stacked (Evans, Nuk, Adams, Davis) and i can fade this years wr class in favor of a better crop next year. If I change my mind during draft season next year, the 1st will most certainly be worth at least as much as Ridley in terms of trade value, and I got a free 2nd. So I am happy right now.

exactly my thinking. you made a great deal. if you take a wr with that 1, he may be a better prospect as Ridley for the sole fact that next years crop is potentially the best we've seen in 5 years. 

Ridley has potential, but I have been sour on him since I read that most scouts project him at best a wr2 wherever he was drafted

5 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Are those his only 2 RBs? I'm guessing no. His WRs aren't great for dynasty, but they should still be pretty productive. I obviously do not know the dynamics of your league but that could be a playoff team so I'm not sure I'd list those picks as "early to mid" (I know it's generally hard to guess though).

Either way it's a good deal for you - at worst it's likely a wash - but it may not be as bad for him as it looks. We can sit here and say '19 draft is stacked or it sucks but who really knows at this point?

Kerryon and Chubb are great for 2019 or 2020 but not for 2018. he picked 8th this year and his team didnt get a lot better immediately. He could very well be a playoff bubble team. I'd put him picking 6-9 which is higher than Ridley was taken. Easy win

ETA: I think this guy might be buying into the old narrative that 2019 is a bad draft year and wants to grab an obtainable WR from 2018. 

Edited by Dr. Dan

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

CJA, Buck, Ware, Sproles, Blount...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Kerryon and Chubb are great for 2019 or 2020 but not for 2018. he picked 8th this year and his team didnt get a lot better immediately. He could very well be a playoff bubble team. I'd put him picking 6-9 which is higher than Ridley was taken. Easy win

I'm not a huge Kerryon fan and I agree Chubb is likely buried - but either I can see scenarios where both turn into assets for this season. Chubb could blow Hyde away and be a beast in that offense. Johnson could be the feature back in a good Detroit offense.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

You have no idea what other RBs he has, who his QB is etc. - what are you basing it on?

I'm not a huge Kerryon fan and I agree Chubb is likely buried - but either I can see scenarios where both turn into assets for this season. Chubb could blow Hyde away and be a beast in that offense. Johnson could be the feature back in a good Detroit offense.

Chubb is more likely to have significance in 2018. I do like him. 

you're right, i have no idea who his other RBs are.I'm basing my prediction off how he finished and who he drafted. its reasonable to expect him to finish similar, lower end playoff to just missing the cut, unless he made his team significantly better. the downside to my thinking is that he could have guys waiting to bust out in 2018, but I'm not so sure

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Chubb is more likely to have significance in 2018. I do like him. 

you're right, i have no idea who his other RBs are.I'm basing my prediction off how he finished and who he drafted. its reasonable to expect him to finish similar, lower end playoff to just missing the cut, unless he made his team significantly better. the downside to my thinking is that he could have guys waiting to bust out in 2018, but I'm not so sure

I edited the first part out, because now we do and they suck. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan Hindery said:

Yeah, definitely a close trade.

And an especially interesting one for me because just this week I had 1.08 in a startup draft (which I assumed would be Kamara) and tried to trade up to 1.04 for Barkley when the pick was on the clock. So I'd been weighing how big a gap between the two myself. I don't think it's a massive one. Barkley should end up getting 50-80 more carries most seasons but Kamara will likely outproduce Barkley as a pass catcher. Plus, we've already seen Kamara do it for a season.

I would project Barkley to come close to doubling up Kamara's rush total and be within 10% of his passing game production.  Not necessarily next year, but how I'd project their careers to go over next few years if current coaches remain in place. I just don't know if Payton is inclined to ride Kamara to much, but I would say if he moved away from a RBBC approach after Ingram leaves then the gap between the two would be extremely small if any. Also while it may seem silly to bring up youth for two young players I do give Barkley a little bump for his age. My reason on that is in theory if you could enjoy 4 seasons of Barkley at at 25 be able to move on if you are inclined and not get a hair cut for age.

But on seeing Kamara doing it for a season I actually had saw a twitter post last night that got me thinking about this. I'm one who usually does not need to see it first, it helps but I'm the kind of guy who picked Trent and Gurley in late round one area of startups when they were rookies but even in Trent's case his value went up after his rookie season so despite him being a bust seeing year one would not have helped me avoid me unfortunately. The twitter post that got me thinking of this  and mainly thinking of it in context of Barkley was this clip  from his USC days which I recommend viewing: Reggie Bush

I did not play dynasty when Reggie came out. If I did I think I'd have gone more banana's for Reggie then I am for Barkely now and while Reggie was a solid PPR RB if I paid for Reggie what I'd pay for Barkley I'd have been disappointed in my purchase. Long way of saying a lot to be said for seeing it first.

19 hours ago, donnie baseball said:

Big trade, 1 ppr dynasty 

barkley and lamar miller

for

kamara and r. Penny 

I’ll take Barkley. Not been a Penny believer and Kamara though I love carries more risk to me than Barkley. 

I was playing dynasty when Bush was coming out, and remember him being a top choice and a top 5 overall PPR player after his rookie year. There are some similarities in how Kamara has established his value, and I would rather bet Barkley being more of the prototypical back with potentially more staying power. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JPeso said:

I’ll take Barkley. Not been a Penny believer and Kamara though I love carries more risk to me than Barkley. 

I was playing dynasty when Bush was coming out, and remember him being a top choice and a top 5 overall PPR player after his rookie year. There are some similarities in how Kamara has established his value, and I would rather bet Barkley being more of the prototypical back with potentially more staying power. 

The only reason I take the Kamara side is if I know I can flip Penny into a player I like a lot more.  Considering he was going 1.3 in many drafts, that might be possible but for the recent negative press.  But if forced to keep Penny, I'll take Barkley for sure.

• Like 1

Different leagues, FFPC (1.5 for PPR for TE)

Deal 1

• Team A Gave Kevin White
  • Team B Gave Adam Shaheen

Deal 2

• Team A Gave Tyrell Williams
  • Team B Gave Adam Shaheen

Deal 3

• Team A Gave 2019 1st (1.8-1.12), 2019 2nd (1.8-1.12)
  • Team B Gave Mike Gesicki

4 minutes ago, JPeso said:

Deal 1

Deal 2

Deal 3

A
A
B

Just now, Dr. Dan said:

14 team .5 ppr

Team A gave Tevin Coleman 

Team B gave: 2018 2.5, 2019 2nd round pick

Seems light (but not outrageously so) for Coleman who could have his own gig next year. Even in the smaller end of a timeshare he’s produced.

3 hours ago, JPeso said:

Deal 1

Deal 2

Deal 3

1. Shaheen (and I’m a Burton believer)

2. Tyrell (because I’m a Burton believer)

3. Picks (I think Gesicki isn’t gonna translate to the NFL)

3 hours ago, JPeso said:

Deal 1

Deal 2

Deal 3

B/B/A  I don't really like any of these players *much*.  I'll take the 1st and 2nd over Gesicki by a lot, and I do kind of like him.

19 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Seems light (but not outrageously so) for Coleman who could have his own gig next year. Even in the smaller end of a timeshare he’s produced.

18 hours ago, tkrull said:

As a Coleman owner, I would need more.

agreed, so I backed out last second and was able to do:

Gave: Coleman, 4.3, 2019 4th

Got: 2.5, 2019 1st (late)

pleased. many holes on an orphan team, so I need all the ammo I can get to rebuild it. Never been a big fan of Coleman

3 hours ago, tombonneau said:

14-team .5ppr 1rb 2wr 1te 1rb-wr-te flex

Team A Gets: Jack Doyle & Alex Collins

Team B Gets: George Kittle & Dion Lewis

I'll take Team B easily. great trade

Lewis is very under valued this year and Collins is very over valued

Edited by Dr. Dan

23 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

agreed, so I backed out last second and was able to do:

Gave: Coleman, 4.3, 2019 4th

Got: 2.5, 2019 1st (late)

pleased. many holes on an orphan team, so I need all the ammo I can get to rebuild it. Never been a big fan of Coleman

Seems you've posted more than once now about deals that later changed (such as above) or "fell through".

This thread is for completed trades, not a veiled ACF post to get feedback on trades you are trying to get done.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Seems you've posted more than once now about deals that later changed (such as above) or "fell through".

This thread is for completed trades, not a veiled ACF post to get feedback on trades you are trying to get done.

thanks. this trade was completed verbally. but I appreciate your comment. there are several others who have said the same thing, so I look forward to you pointing this out to them too. 

I've been extremely busy trading this offseason, and not been involved in other deals. So I've posted often on deals that dont involve me as well. so contrary to what you may think, I am not using this as an AC thread. in fact, I've had several private messages with folks whom I respect very much asking their feedback on deals before I make them, so I wouldn't waste time here doing the same thing with those whose fantasy smarts I may not respect as much 

Edited by Dr. Dan

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

thanks. this trade was completed verbally. 

So you backed out after verbally committing? Seems kind of in poor form. I have to be honest if you committed to a trade with me and then came back to try and squeeze more before it was "official", I'd walk away. I'm not judging you - just telling you how it would rub me. Obviously the other guy was ok with it.

As far as the new trade its obviously closer in value - I'd likely still side with Coleman just because I think his potential upside as a feature back in much greater than what you got. This draft dries up big time around 2.05 in my view. Now on the flipside Coleman could see a cold market next season and re-sign with Atlanta or end up in a timeshare somewhere else - so it may end up as a win for you.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

So you backed out after verbally committing? Seems kind of in poor form. I have to be honest if you committed to a trade with me and then came back to try and squeeze more before it was "official", I'd walk away. I'm not judging you - just telling you how it would rub me. Obviously the other guy was ok with it.

As far as the new trade its obviously closer in value - I'd likely still side with Coleman just because I think his potential upside as a feature back in much greater than what you got. This draft dries up big time around 2.05 in my view. Now on the flipside Coleman could see a cold market next season and re-sign with Atlanta or end up in a timeshare somewhere else - so it may end up as a win for you.

thanks for the feedback. I agreed to it and then backed out yes. I'm well within my right to do so until that accept button is pressed. he wanted a 4th this year and next year to balance his roster out. i didnt want to do that and asked for a 1st. so I guess i thought it was agreed to verbally but then not. I'll have to only post here after it goes through officially to keep those who are a bit uptight satisified

I'm not a fan of Coleman in general. his injury history is concerning to me, along with a lower rb market I agree. 

2.5 is tough but I'm in desperate need for a qb (this team had Gabbert and Tyrod)  and I expect there to be one at 2.5

Edited by Dr. Dan

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

thanks for the feedback. I agreed to it and then backed out yes. I'm well within my right to do so until that accept button is pressed. he wanted a 4th this year and next year to balance his roster out. i didnt want to do that and asked for a 1st. so I guess it wasnt agreed to verbally 

I'm not a fan of Coleman in general. his injury history is concerning to me, along with a lower rb market I agree. 

2.5 is tough but I'm in desperate need for a qb and I expect there to be on there

Like I said, it wasn't accepted and you posted here. 

I only pointed it out because this is not the first time you've done it here.  If it was a one off thing, I wouldn't have bothered.

But go ahead and give whatever excuse that makes you feel better about it (others are doing it, I verbally accepted, or whatever). It's not the intention of this thread and it's a pretty simple rule to follow.

Post actual completed trades.

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 5

Just now, gianmarco said:

Like I said, it wasn't accepted and you posted here. 

I only pointed it out because this is not the first time you've done it here. 

But go ahead and give whatever excuse that makes you feel better about it (others are doing it, I verbally accepted, or whatever). It's not the intention of this thread and it's a pretty simple rule to follow.

Post actual completed trades.

whatever makes you happy! carry on with your police work

7 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

whatever makes you happy! carry on with your police work

GianMarco is right. You are wrong. It’s that simple. Post completed trades here only. Your credibility was already low, you are making yourself look even more foolish than before. But you do you.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

thanks. this trade was completed verbally. but I appreciate your comment. there are several others who have said the same thing, so I look forward to you pointing this out to them too. 

I've been extremely busy trading this offseason, and not been involved in other deals. So I've posted often on deals that dont involve me as well. so contrary to what you may think, I am not using this as an AC thread. in fact, I've had several private messages with folks whom I respect very much asking their feedback on deals before I make them, so I wouldn't waste time here doing the same thing with those whose fantasy smarts I may not respect as much 

This is very simple. Don't post trades in this thread that are not completed threads. If you are able to back out of a verbal trade acceptance then it is not a completed trade and has no business being posted here. Take those trades to the AC Forum in the future. Please quit wasting everyone's time on your trade offers you are trying to get help on.

Edited by squistion

11 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

GianMarco is right. You are wrong. It’s that simple. Post completed trades here only. Your credibility was already low, you are making yourself look even more foolish than before. But you do you.

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

This is very simple. Don't post trades in this thread that are not completed threads. If you are able to back out of a verbal trade acceptance then it is not a completed trade and has no business being posted here. Take those trades to the AC Forum in the future. Please quit wasting everyone's time trying to get trade help.,

yes sirs. this was solved hours ago. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

yes sirs. this was solved hours ago. 

Meaning you posted a trade offer as a completed trade to ask for input, then when it was negative, rejected the offer you led everyone to believe was a done deal. Please don't do this again. This is not a trade advice thread. You can go to the internet and put up a poll for that and not waste everyone's time here.

• Like 1

Devy League, drafted in a 2 team dispersal draft, both teams given a free year because of how bad selection was. Trades made over the last 2 months. Std PPR Scoring. Looking to be competitive in 2019.

Team A gave up: Mack, Marlon;  Cobb, Randall;  Goodwin, Marquise;  Hooper, Austin ATL TE
Team B gave up: Stills, Kenny;  Tate, Golden;   Willson, Luke

Team B gave up: Meredith, Cameron
Team C gave up: Woods, Robert

Team B gave up: Howard, Jordan;   2.13 (Josh Rosen)
Team D gave up: 1.11; 1.12 (Kelvin Harmon & Jonathan Taylor)

Team B gave up: 3.05 (DJ Chark); Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick
Team E gave up 2.12 (Lamar Jackson)

Team E gave up: Freeman, Royce;   Ridley, Calvin; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick (late)
Team B gave up: Mixon, Joe

Edited by mcd

4 minutes ago, mcd said:

Devy League, drafted in a 2 team dispersal draft. Trades made over the last 2 months. Std PPR Scoring.

Team A gave up: Mack, Marlon;  Cobb, Randall;  Goodwin, Marquise;  Hooper, Austin ATL TE
Team B gave up: Stills, Kenny;  Tate, Golden;   Willson, Luke

Team B gave up: Meredith, Cameron
Team C gave up: Woods, Robert

Team B gave up: Howard, Jordan;   2.13 (Josh Rosen)
Team D gave up: 1.11; 1.12 (Kelvin Harmon & Jonathan Taylor)

Team B gave up: 3.05 (DJ Chark); Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick
Team E gave up 2.12 (Lamar Jackson)

Team E gave up: Freeman, Royce;   Ridley, Calvin; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick (late)
Team B gave up: Mixon, Joe

Cobb and Mack

Meredith 

Howard

Chark/2

Royce/1/Ridley

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

PPR NON-IDP 

Gave: AJ Green/Frank Gore

Got: Sterling Shepard/2019 1st

I think Shepard could approximate Green's numbers. Gore is toast. Im still rebuilding this team. 

what kind of 1st is that? if it is 1.1 - 1.5 or so i don't hate it but if it is late you sold too cheap and I'm not a Green fan. Have a feeling majority will think you sold Green cheap

2 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

what kind of 1st is that? if it is 1.1 - 1.5 or so i don't hate it but if it is late you sold too cheap and I'm not a Green fan. Have a feeling majority will think you sold Green cheap

:shrug: Other team finished 10/12 last season so it might be higher. 

I like Green but three of his last four seasons haven't matched his reputation. 

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

:shrug: Other team finished 10/12 last season so it might be higher. 

I like Green but three of his last four seasons haven't matched his reputation. 

You still sold cheap.  Did you really shop around to every team?  Did you make it clear to each team you were shopping him around to other teams?  Taking 30 seconds to send out a mass email goes a long way when dealing away a guy like Green.

26 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

You still sold cheap.  Did you really shop around to every team?  Did you make it clear to each team you were shopping him around to other teams?  Taking 30 seconds to send out a mass email goes a long way when dealing away a guy like Green.

People keep saying this about Green. Where's the proof? Are there other completed trades with Green that show someone getting better value? Normally when this is said is because the perception is that a guy is worth more.  This seems particularly the case with Green. Things are worth what people are willing to pay, not way you want people to pay. 

And in three dynasty leagues over about ten years (this is now league four) I've never had a trade go down where "trade bait" was chummed and it resulted in multiple competing offers. It's always one at a time.  It's a lot different, I think, when you're playing online with strangers. I wish it worked the way you suggest. It'd be more fun. 

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1

I've offered a lot more for Green, this year, and been turned down. I think as guys get older they tend to be more polarizing. That trade doesn't bother me in terms of someone wanting to get off the Green train - if so I get it, even if I disagree. I'm more surprised by the Shepard side of it, I just don't see the love for him. He is 4th in the target pecking order. Maybe tied for 3rd with Engram. A possible early 1st might do it for me if the other player was someone I liked a lot more than Shepard. I think you sold cheap, but I don't fault your logic, just the player evaluation, which obviously varies for all of us. I'd still love to have Green for a while. I have never owned him.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****