What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (25 Viewers)

12 team Dynasty League, keep 15 players, then you draft including the Rookies.

I traded: Montgomery, 3.02, 3.12 & 2022 1st

I received: 1.01

Any thoughts? Win....lose......draw?? I already have the 1.02 and the 1.05 and I think it's a "top 5" rookie draft this year. I won the league last year.

Any thoughts? Win....lose......draw?? I already have the 1.02 and the 1.05 and I think it's a "top 5" rookie draft this year. I won the league last year.
With all that info, I would suppose that's your 22 1st (projected mid-late)?

If so, that's a nice deal. Shallow keepers and 1.01 gives you the option to get RB1 plus whoever you want at 1.02. In keep-15, the 3rds do no matter much in the deal

With all that info, I would suppose that's your 22 1st (projected mid-late)?

If so, that's a nice deal. Shallow keepers and 1.01 gives you the option to get RB1 plus whoever you want at 1.02. In keep-15, the 3rds do no matter much in the deal
You are correct about the 3rds IMHO. It really was Montgomery & 2022 1st for the 1.01 then.

12 team PPR 1QB....Needed to upgrade my wrs and qb in a big way if I wanted to compete this year. So I was busy this weekend. I gave up a lot so hopefully it gives me a good chance to win. After all was done it came out to basically this.

Gave: Barkley, G. Davis,1.03, 1.11 2022 1st

Got: A. Rodgers, D. Swift, Mclaurin, Aiyuk, 2.03, 2022 2nd

Another fuller deal

12 team ppr Superflex 

I gave 3.01 and Marvin Jones 

got fuller.

3.01 is a premium pick.  Rounds 3 and 4 are in August.  
Deal looks fairly even. Just commenting mostly to say I love this idea of rounds 1 &  2 early then 3 & 4 later. I'm going to propose it in my home league. 

12 team PPR 1QB....Needed to upgrade my wrs and qb in a big way if I wanted to compete this year. So I was busy this weekend. I gave up a lot so hopefully it gives me a good chance to win. After all was done it came out to basically this.

Not a fan of what you did here.  Unless that is Charles Barkley.

12-team 1QB

Josh Allen

FOR

Deshaun Watson, 22 1st, 22 2nd (both projected from a non-playoff which earned the 1.01 in 2021)
JohnnyU would be apoplectic. He can't understand why anyone would move on from Watson given how football players are allowed to play even after egregious offenses.

I can kind of see wanting to move on from Watson, though, given the potential criminal element of the complaints against him. That said, the first and second next year? I don't like that at all. Maybe a second on top of Watson, probably no more and certainly not both a first and a second. Allen is a top player at the position, but that seems like just too much to give for him in a 1QB league.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team SF

Gave Lamb and 2.10

Got Diggs and 3.05

Lamb and Diggs are going almost back to back in startups and I have J Jefferson, Aiyuk, and D Adams so to me adding Diggs gave me a nice balance and I now have 3 guys who are clearly the A option on their team next year in JJ, Adams and Diggs. He was rebuilding and I was contending so i think this is a deal where we both got what we wanted.

12 Team SF

Gave Lamb and 2.10

Got Diggs and 3.05

Lamb and Diggs are going almost back to back in startups and I have J Jefferson, Aiyuk, and D Adams so to me adding Diggs gave me a nice balance and I now have 3 guys who are clearly the A option on their team next year in JJ, Adams and Diggs. He was rebuilding and I was contending so i think this is a deal where we both got what we wanted.
I prefer Lamb but can see both sides and preference here. Sometimes I get too caught up with age and miss out on production because of it

12 team ppr  ( not involved)

team a - jeudy

team b - Micheal Thomas
Definitely Thomas...Jeudy is still a legit prospect but he did not come out of the gate overly strong last year and the QB situation in Denver is still dicey...I get wanting to move on from Thomas but you gotta do better than this.

12 Team SF

Gave Lamb and 2.10

Got Diggs and 3.05

Even trade but I am on team CeeDee Lamb...only 22 and in one of the better fantasy situations there is (Diggs is as well) which I believe will only be better after this year as I think only one of Gallup and Cooper will be there in 2022...I see the thinking but I really don't like breaking-up that JJ, Lamb, Aiyuk trio...those three young studs (three of my favorites right now) allow you to ride out Adams and not worry about his age...they are the foundation of a long-term contending team.

Even trade but I am on team CeeDee Lamb...only 22 and in one of the better fantasy situations there is (Diggs is as well) which I believe will only be better after this year as I think only one of Gallup and Cooper will be there in 2022...I see the thinking but I really don't like breaking-up that JJ, Lamb, Aiyuk trio...those three young studs (three of my favorites right now) allow you to ride out Adams and not worry about his age...they are the foundation of a long-term contending team.
Yeah if anything keep Lamb and look to move Adams for someone like Metcalf or AJ Brown

I like the trade for Diggs. Count me as one of the few, but I've long been a sucker for Diggs's talent. (Not enough to acquire him, so :cry: )

But Lamb plays exclusively in the slot, and I like my guys that line up outside, for some reason. I find that the slot is limiting. That's not a knock on Lamb's talent, that's where Dallas has him when Cooper and Gallup are out there. I'd imagine he's there even if Cedric Wilson is the third wideout. 

14 team PPR

Gave:

McLaurin, Claypool, Jakobi Meyers

Got:

Davante Adams, Curtis Samuel
I think you did great here even if not in win now.  Adams is a bit older and I like Scary Terry but Adams has WR1 overall upside as he just did it while missing 2.5 games.  McLaurin will never sniff that playing for WFT.  Claypool isn't a bad piece but he doesn't look like a WR1 to me especially with Ben most likely done after this year.  This is the type of move that makes teams way better.

This is a good move and a great way to cash in on Montgomery.  Obviously this could look much worse if you finish with a top 2 pick in 2022 but I'd say that as long as that pick is closer to the end of the 1st than the beginning, it was a pretty good move.

I don't like this at all really.  Losing Barkley, 1.3 and a 22 1st means you may have lost the 3 best pieces in this trade.  You did make yourself better this year so if that was your only goal then that was successful but I'd say this is selling low on Barkley & 1.3 and lost next year's 1st on top of that.

I roughly break this down as:

Barkley + G. Davis = Swift + McLaurin

1.11 = 2.03 + 2022 2nd

1.03 + 2022 1st >>> Aiyuk + Rodgers.

The 2022 1st should have been kept and it kinda balances out, but I still don't like giving up Barkley and 1.03 here. There had to be a better way to improve your WR/QB without gutting your roster.

Love these type of trades, means it is an active league...while always painful dipping into the Pats backfield I would go with Harris as the depth he gives you at RB will be more important than the depth Gage gives you at WR.
I agree.

Love these type of trades, means it is an active league...while always painful dipping into the Pats backfield I would go with Harris as the depth he gives you at RB will be more important than the depth Gage gives you at WR.
If it's PPR I think I disagree. Gage is actually usable whereas Harris is...a Patriots running back. 

If it's PPR I think I disagree. Gage is actually usable whereas Harris is...a Patriots running back. 
You don't want to play either but IMO when it is around week 11 and the injuries are piling up it will be a lot easier to trade for/pick-up on waivers a Gage than a Harris...always a bad situation when the RB depth is depleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like this at all really.  Losing Barkley, 1.3 and a 22 1st means you may have lost the 3 best pieces in this trade.  You did make yourself better this year so if that was your only goal then that was successful but I'd say this is selling low on Barkley & 1.3 and lost next year's 1st on top of that.
No doubt it was an overpay if you look at the Barkley's perceived value. It was my experience that people are hesitant to jump into Barkley after two season ending injuries in a row. I don't blame them, I'm hesitant too and wanted to get out now. I could have waited for him to come back and see if he was the old Barkley and got more but didn't want to risk it. I'm still strong at RB with 3 top 15 options.

I don't think I would have done that.  I don't mind trading Barkley for that, but it's the 1.3 that kills you.

No doubt it was an overpay if you look at the Barkley's perceived value. It was my experience that people are hesitant to jump into Barkley after two season ending injuries in a row. I don't blame them, I'm hesitant too and wanted to get out now. I could have waited for him to come back and see if he was the old Barkley and got more but didn't want to risk it. I'm still strong at RB with 3 top 15 options.
It all comes down to how you feel about the player as his value is going to be a bit low after getting hurt.  I just hate selling low personally.  If you don't have the heart to stick it out and you are happy with the return then it isn't terrible but I think I would have held fast on giving up that extra 1st on top of 1.3 too.  I get your feelings but not something I could do.

12tm SF 2TE Devy (medium depth)

Giovani Bernard, Ke'Shawn Vaughn

FOR

Jordan Love, 4.05 (later devy pick)

12tm SF 2TE Devy (medium depth)

Anthony Firkser

FOR

3.01 (mid-range devy pick)

12tm 1QB PPR (shallow-ish rosters)

Giovani Bernard, JD McKissic

FOR

Darrell Henderson
To be brutally honest, I don't want any of the players from either side of any of these deals.  These feel like tinkering for the sake of tinkering rather than trying to improve your team.

So all of those players should be dropped instead?
They're all roster cloggers or speculative plays further out than one season.  Firkser could have some back-end TE1 value this season, and that's well and good for the 3.01.  I don't follow college so I have no idea what kind of devy talent you're looking at at this point in your draft, but I suspect it would be something like devy15-20 overall.  That seems like pure speculation.

What you’re really looking at here is Jeudy and Terrace Marshall for Thomas.  It doesn’t sound as bad when you look at it that way.
or since you are playing the long game, try to move 1.10 to an interested party during the draft. Maybe borderline playoff team for 2022 1st. Then it could really be worth it if you end up at the top of 2022 draft with it. I know, I know- easier said than done, but worth the try.

He might have given up too much overall, but how are the 1.3 and a 22 1st the other 2 top 3 pieces of this trade?

Swift is > 1.3. Also either WR is > 22 1st. 

or since you are playing the long game, try to move 1.10 to an interested party during the draft. Maybe borderline playoff team for 2022 1st. Then it could really be worth it if you end up at the top of 2022 draft with it. I know, I know- easier said than done, but worth the try.
I believe 2022 will be a weak draft for RBs (only Hall for me, Spiller = meh) and now with Pickens' ACL injury, it hurts WRs.   Perhaps good at the top with Bell and Burks.  I'm not an Olave truther.  It is good at QB however.  2023 1sts is what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread