What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

donnie baseball said:
Big trade, 1 ppr dynasty 

barkley and lamar miller

for

kamara and r. Penny 
I’ll take Barkley. Not been a Penny believer and Kamara though I love carries more risk to me than Barkley. 

I was playing dynasty when Bush was coming out, and remember him being a top choice and a top 5 overall PPR player after his rookie year. There are some similarities in how Kamara has established his value, and I would rather bet Barkley being more of the prototypical back with potentially more staying power. 

I’ll take Barkley. Not been a Penny believer and Kamara though I love carries more risk to me than Barkley. 

I was playing dynasty when Bush was coming out, and remember him being a top choice and a top 5 overall PPR player after his rookie year. There are some similarities in how Kamara has established his value, and I would rather bet Barkley being more of the prototypical back with potentially more staying power. 
The only reason I take the Kamara side is if I know I can flip Penny into a player I like a lot more.  Considering he was going 1.3 in many drafts, that might be possible but for the recent negative press.  But if forced to keep Penny, I'll take Barkley for sure.

Different leagues, FFPC (1.5 for PPR for TE)

Deal 1

• Team A Gave Kevin White
  • Team B Gave Adam Shaheen
Deal 2

• Team A Gave Tyrell Williams
  • Team B Gave Adam Shaheen
Deal 3

• Team A Gave 2019 1st (1.8-1.12), 2019 2nd (1.8-1.12)
  • Team B Gave Mike Gesicki

Deal 1

Deal 2

Deal 3

1. Shaheen (and I’m a Burton believer)

2. Tyrell (because I’m a Burton believer)

3. Picks (I think Gesicki isn’t gonna translate to the NFL)

Deal 1

Deal 2

Deal 3

B/B/A  I don't really like any of these players *much*.  I'll take the 1st and 2nd over Gesicki by a lot, and I do kind of like him.

14-team .5ppr 1rb 2wr 1te 1rb-wr-te flex

Team A Gets: Jack Doyle & Alex Collins

Team B Gets: George Kittle & Dion Lewis

Seems light (but not outrageously so) for Coleman who could have his own gig next year. Even in the smaller end of a timeshare he’s produced.

As a Coleman owner, I would need more.
agreed, so I backed out last second and was able to do:

Gave: Coleman, 4.3, 2019 4th

Got: 2.5, 2019 1st (late)

pleased. many holes on an orphan team, so I need all the ammo I can get to rebuild it. Never been a big fan of Coleman

tombonneau said:
14-team .5ppr 1rb 2wr 1te 1rb-wr-te flex

Team A Gets: Jack Doyle & Alex Collins

Team B Gets: George Kittle & Dion Lewis
I'll take Team B easily. great trade

Lewis is very under valued this year and Collins is very over valued

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed, so I backed out last second and was able to do:

Gave: Coleman, 4.3, 2019 4th

Got: 2.5, 2019 1st (late)

pleased. many holes on an orphan team, so I need all the ammo I can get to rebuild it. Never been a big fan of Coleman
Seems you've posted more than once now about deals that later changed (such as above) or "fell through".

This thread is for completed trades, not a veiled ACF post to get feedback on trades you are trying to get done.

Seems you've posted more than once now about deals that later changed (such as above) or "fell through".

This thread is for completed trades, not a veiled ACF post to get feedback on trades you are trying to get done.
thanks. this trade was completed verbally. but I appreciate your comment. there are several others who have said the same thing, so I look forward to you pointing this out to them too. 

I've been extremely busy trading this offseason, and not been involved in other deals. So I've posted often on deals that dont involve me as well. so contrary to what you may think, I am not using this as an AC thread. in fact, I've had several private messages with folks whom I respect very much asking their feedback on deals before I make them, so I wouldn't waste time here doing the same thing with those whose fantasy smarts I may not respect as much 

thanks. this trade was completed verbally. 
So you backed out after verbally committing? Seems kind of in poor form. I have to be honest if you committed to a trade with me and then came back to try and squeeze more before it was "official", I'd walk away. I'm not judging you - just telling you how it would rub me. Obviously the other guy was ok with it.

As far as the new trade its obviously closer in value - I'd likely still side with Coleman just because I think his potential upside as a feature back in much greater than what you got. This draft dries up big time around 2.05 in my view. Now on the flipside Coleman could see a cold market next season and re-sign with Atlanta or end up in a timeshare somewhere else - so it may end up as a win for you.

So you backed out after verbally committing? Seems kind of in poor form. I have to be honest if you committed to a trade with me and then came back to try and squeeze more before it was "official", I'd walk away. I'm not judging you - just telling you how it would rub me. Obviously the other guy was ok with it.

As far as the new trade its obviously closer in value - I'd likely still side with Coleman just because I think his potential upside as a feature back in much greater than what you got. This draft dries up big time around 2.05 in my view. Now on the flipside Coleman could see a cold market next season and re-sign with Atlanta or end up in a timeshare somewhere else - so it may end up as a win for you.
thanks for the feedback. I agreed to it and then backed out yes. I'm well within my right to do so until that accept button is pressed. he wanted a 4th this year and next year to balance his roster out. i didnt want to do that and asked for a 1st. so I guess i thought it was agreed to verbally but then not. I'll have to only post here after it goes through officially to keep those who are a bit uptight satisified

I'm not a fan of Coleman in general. his injury history is concerning to me, along with a lower rb market I agree. 

2.5 is tough but I'm in desperate need for a qb (this team had Gabbert and Tyrod)  and I expect there to be one at 2.5

thanks for the feedback. I agreed to it and then backed out yes. I'm well within my right to do so until that accept button is pressed. he wanted a 4th this year and next year to balance his roster out. i didnt want to do that and asked for a 1st. so I guess it wasnt agreed to verbally 

I'm not a fan of Coleman in general. his injury history is concerning to me, along with a lower rb market I agree. 

2.5 is tough but I'm in desperate need for a qb and I expect there to be on there
Like I said, it wasn't accepted and you posted here. 

I only pointed it out because this is not the first time you've done it here.  If it was a one off thing, I wouldn't have bothered.

But go ahead and give whatever excuse that makes you feel better about it (others are doing it, I verbally accepted, or whatever). It's not the intention of this thread and it's a pretty simple rule to follow.

Post actual completed trades.

Like I said, it wasn't accepted and you posted here. 

I only pointed it out because this is not the first time you've done it here. 

But go ahead and give whatever excuse that makes you feel better about it (others are doing it, I verbally accepted, or whatever). It's not the intention of this thread and it's a pretty simple rule to follow.

Post actual completed trades.
whatever makes you happy! carry on with your police work

Dr Dan doesn't care what the website owners asked him and everyone to do. Dr Dan will do what Dr Dan does.

It's Dr Dan's world, we're just supporting cast roles in it.

thanks. this trade was completed verbally. but I appreciate your comment. there are several others who have said the same thing, so I look forward to you pointing this out to them too. 

I've been extremely busy trading this offseason, and not been involved in other deals. So I've posted often on deals that dont involve me as well. so contrary to what you may think, I am not using this as an AC thread. in fact, I've had several private messages with folks whom I respect very much asking their feedback on deals before I make them, so I wouldn't waste time here doing the same thing with those whose fantasy smarts I may not respect as much 
This is very simple. Don't post trades in this thread that are not completed threads. If you are able to back out of a verbal trade acceptance then it is not a completed trade and has no business being posted here. Take those trades to the AC Forum in the future. Please quit wasting everyone's time on your trade offers you are trying to get help on.

GianMarco is right. You are wrong. It’s that simple. Post completed trades here only. Your credibility was already low, you are making yourself look even more foolish than before. But you do you.

This is very simple. Don't post trades in this thread that are not completed threads. If you are able to back out of a verbal trade acceptance then it is not a completed trade and has no business being posted here. Take those trades to the AC Forum in the future. Please quit wasting everyone's time trying to get trade help.,
yes sirs. this was solved hours ago. 

yes sirs. this was solved hours ago. 
Meaning you posted a trade offer as a completed trade to ask for input, then when it was negative, rejected the offer you led everyone to believe was a done deal. Please don't do this again. This is not a trade advice thread. You can go to the internet and put up a poll for that and not waste everyone's time here.

Devy League, drafted in a 2 team dispersal draft, both teams given a free year because of how bad selection was. Trades made over the last 2 months. Std PPR Scoring. Looking to be competitive in 2019.

Team A gave up: Mack, Marlon;  Cobb, Randall;  Goodwin, Marquise;  Hooper, Austin ATL TE
Team B gave up: Stills, Kenny;  Tate, Golden;   Willson, Luke

Team B gave up: Meredith, Cameron
Team C gave up: Woods, Robert

Team B gave up: Howard, Jordan;   2.13 (Josh Rosen)
Team D gave up: 1.11; 1.12 (Kelvin Harmon & Jonathan Taylor)

Team B gave up: 3.05 (DJ Chark); Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick
Team E gave up 2.12 (Lamar Jackson)

Team E gave up: Freeman, Royce;   Ridley, Calvin; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick (late)
Team B gave up: Mixon, Joe

Devy League, drafted in a 2 team dispersal draft. Trades made over the last 2 months. Std PPR Scoring.

Team A gave up: Mack, Marlon;  Cobb, Randall;  Goodwin, Marquise;  Hooper, Austin ATL TE
Team B gave up: Stills, Kenny;  Tate, Golden;   Willson, Luke

Team B gave up: Meredith, Cameron
Team C gave up: Woods, Robert

Team B gave up: Howard, Jordan;   2.13 (Josh Rosen)
Team D gave up: 1.11; 1.12 (Kelvin Harmon & Jonathan Taylor)

Team B gave up: 3.05 (DJ Chark); Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick
Team E gave up 2.12 (Lamar Jackson)

Team E gave up: Freeman, Royce;   Ridley, Calvin; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick (late)
Team B gave up: Mixon, Joe
Cobb and Mack

Meredith 

Howard

Chark/2

Royce/1/Ridley

PPR NON-IDP 

Gave: AJ Green/Frank Gore

Got: Sterling Shepard/2019 1st

I think Shepard could approximate Green's numbers. Gore is toast. Im still rebuilding this team. 

PPR NON-IDP 

I think Shepard could approximate Green's numbers. Gore is toast. Im still rebuilding this team. 
what kind of 1st is that? if it is 1.1 - 1.5 or so i don't hate it but if it is late you sold too cheap and I'm not a Green fan. Have a feeling majority will think you sold Green cheap

what kind of 1st is that? if it is 1.1 - 1.5 or so i don't hate it but if it is late you sold too cheap and I'm not a Green fan. Have a feeling majority will think you sold Green cheap
:shrug: Other team finished 10/12 last season so it might be higher. 

I like Green but three of his last four seasons haven't matched his reputation. 

:shrug: Other team finished 10/12 last season so it might be higher. 

I like Green but three of his last four seasons haven't matched his reputation. 
You still sold cheap.  Did you really shop around to every team?  Did you make it clear to each team you were shopping him around to other teams?  Taking 30 seconds to send out a mass email goes a long way when dealing away a guy like Green.

You still sold cheap.  Did you really shop around to every team?  Did you make it clear to each team you were shopping him around to other teams?  Taking 30 seconds to send out a mass email goes a long way when dealing away a guy like Green.
People keep saying this about Green. Where's the proof? Are there other completed trades with Green that show someone getting better value? Normally when this is said is because the perception is that a guy is worth more.  This seems particularly the case with Green. Things are worth what people are willing to pay, not way you want people to pay. 

And in three dynasty leagues over about ten years (this is now league four) I've never had a trade go down where "trade bait" was chummed and it resulted in multiple competing offers. It's always one at a time.  It's a lot different, I think, when you're playing online with strangers. I wish it worked the way you suggest. It'd be more fun. 

One last thought on the concept.  You can say you'd rather have the guy than what the trade value is. But that's just a matter of preference. But guys are worth in trade what they're worth in trade. 

I've offered a lot more for Green, this year, and been turned down. I think as guys get older they tend to be more polarizing. That trade doesn't bother me in terms of someone wanting to get off the Green train - if so I get it, even if I disagree. I'm more surprised by the Shepard side of it, I just don't see the love for him. He is 4th in the target pecking order. Maybe tied for 3rd with Engram. A possible early 1st might do it for me if the other player was someone I liked a lot more than Shepard. I think you sold cheap, but I don't fault your logic, just the player evaluation, which obviously varies for all of us. I'd still love to have Green for a while. I have never owned him.

PPR NON-IDP 

I’m as high as anyone on Shepard so I’m fine with the deal. If you got yourself a guy in your 15-20 WRs dynasty tier, the deal is reasonable.

For all we know, Andy looked to the other WRs in his 15-20 tier and couldn’t get a late 1st added when he inquired on dealing AJ. If he didn’t, he should have. At worst, I’m sure he shopped AJ and didn’t like a package better than Shepard/1st. 

If I sell below market which I will, I get someone I like more than the market and didn’t like what else I could get on a declining asset. 

Where's the proof
Startup drafts.  What is Green's ADP?  What is SHeperd?  What is the 10th or so rookie?

And in three dynasty leagues over about ten years (this is now league four) I've never had a trade go down where "trade bait" was chummed and it resulted in multiple competing offers. It's always one at a time.  It's a lot different, I think, when you're playing online with strangers. I wish it worked the way you suggest. It'd be more fun. 
I have no idea what you even mean here..  Are you talking about people making offers on the site and competing against each other with each offer being seen by the other owners?  

In every league I have ever been in, when someone put a player "on the block" on either the message board or a mass email, they received offers by multiple owners.  Every time.  Same for me whenever I have done that (talking about players with actual value).

I guess every league you are in is completely different in that regard?

Startup drafts.  What is Green's ADP?  What is SHeperd?  What is the 10th or so rookie?

I have no idea what you even mean here..  Are you talking about people making offers on the site and competing against each other with each offer being seen by the other owners?  

In every league I have ever been in, when someone put a player "on the block" on either the message board or a mass email, they received offers by multiple owners.  Every time.  Same for me whenever I have done that (talking about players with actual value).

1) So none in actual existing dynasties? Only startups?

2) Yes. Is that so hard to believe? Again, I wish it did happen your way. It just doesn't - at least in Zealots which is all I've played in before this year. 

This is the problem with looking at startups for value vs existing leagues. It may give a rough estimate but you can't always apply directly.

A player like AJG is a perfect example. In any given existing league, you're likely going to have at least 2-3 and more likely 4 teams that are rebuilding or at least looking to get younger.  AJG has little value to teams like that and they are unlikely to want to acquire, especially at any moderate price.

You also likely have 2-3 top teams that are already strong. Those teams likely already have comparable or better starters than AJG. His value to them is also depressed. 

Of the remaining 4-5 teams, not all owners will like him. Not all owners may think he fits their plans. Not all owners in the middle have enough to pay his price. 

So in the end, you may only have 1-3 owners where you can reasonably ship him to and his trade value for them may not equal his startup value. 

Every league is different, especially the more a league is established. 

This is the problem with looking at startups for value vs existing leagues. It may give a rough estimate but you can't always apply directly.

A player like AJG is a perfect example. In any given existing league, you're likely going to have at least 2-3 and more likely 4 teams that are rebuilding or at least looking to get younger.  AJG has little value to teams like that and they are unlikely to want to acquire, especially at any moderate price.

You also likely have 2-3 top teams that are already strong. Those teams likely already have comparable or better starters than AJG. His value to them is also depressed. 

Of the remaining 4-5 teams, not all owners will like him. Not all owners may think he fits their plans. Not all owners in the middle have enough to pay his price. 

So in the end, you may only have 1-3 owners where you can reasonably ship him to and his trade value for them may not equal his startup value. 

And each of those three teams could offer up more than his market value to not only get them, but keep him away from the other two teams.  It can work both ways.  I have not only paid for a player in that same scenario, but also received more because a couple teams who were competing with each other wanted to get stronger and also keep the other team from getting stronger. 

I understand when some people want to take the best offer they can possibly get, but geeze people, at least wait until close to the season starting.  A lot of fantasy owners are barely even tuned in yet.

This is an outstanding description of the situation. Well said. 

For me, I always *try* to shop around and will post on the trade bait and message boards, etc. But some leagues do kind of suck for responses and activity....and none of them are *so* active that I can expect a ton of action. I can't just get a bigger deal simply because it's theoretically possible. Sometimes I will take less than market simply because I feel I am improving my team in a significant enough way to warrant it, and I want to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. But I'm also a little farther on the "willing to gamble" side of things. 

I also feel that having a gambler's reputation has helped me get extra value in some deals. If someone is about to make a mistake in terms of selling someone too low or buying too high, I might be one of the 1st teams to wake up to an offer. Similar to a loose but strong poker player, perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread