What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (1 Viewer)

Man, can’t say I’m feeling great about him playing this week. Would much rather him miss this week if it meant greater chance for season long availability. Hammies are notoriously tricky. I hope the Panthers know what they’re doing (spoiler alert: they probably don’t). 
Yup. I'd rather him get close to 100% as possible. Even if he's a dreaded GTD keep him on ice.

Panthers coach Matt Rhule said he's "hopeful" Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) plays in Week 5 against the Eagles.

Even so, he said the team won't put McCaffrey "in danger" just two weeks after the 25-year-old suffered a significant hamstring strain in-game. McCaffrey was limited for Wednesday's practice (and is expected to be limited again Thursday) but there's no guarantee he returns in Week 5 unless he's fully healthy. Chuba Hubbard handled 15-of-23 backfield touches as Carolina's starter against Dallas and will be used heavily on early downs again if McCaffrey sits.

SOURCE: Dave Zangaro on Twitter

Oct 7, 2021, 10:05 AM ET

Even without him, as a philly native, I think Carolina walks over them. If he isn't 100% I wouldn't risk it. Yeah he'll help exponentially to win but I don't see him being needed this game.

Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) practiced again on Thursday. 

Although McCaffrey will almost certainly be listed as "limited" again, it's a critical step, as it means he bounced back well from Wednesday's return. Coach Matt Rhule has said he is "hopeful" CMC will be ready to go again the Eagles while also insisting the team will not risk further injury. We would still guess McCaffrey gets one more week, but he does have a genuine chance of suiting up for Week 5. We will probably know Friday as opposed to the Panthers bringing him down to a game-time decision. 

SOURCE: David Newton on Twitter 

Oct 7, 2021, 2:04 PM ET

From Rotoworld:

Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) is doubtful for Week 5 against the Eagles.

Coach Matt Rhule said McCaffrey might do some things "health wise" on Saturday but "was not going to play any games” with the injury status. He'll sit this week for Chuba Hubbard, who handled 15-of-23 backfield touches with 81% of Carolina's RB carries in Week 4 against Dallas. With Rodney Smith soaking up the targets (5) needed for Hubbard to achieve an RB1-ceiling, the latter should be considered a touch-based RB2 for Sunday.

SOURCE: Joe Person on Twitter

Oct 8, 2021, 1:39 PM ET

Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

McCaffrey also logged a handful of limited practices last week but was ultimately ruled out prior to kickoff. A week 6 return fits with the original timeline for the hamstring injury he suffered three weeks ago. If he's able to suit up versus the Vikings, we fully expect him to get his typical workload and easily post RB1 numbers. Chuba Hubbard would draw one more start if McCaffrey is unable to play. Hubbard earned 29 touches last week and would slot in as a borderline-RB1 in the matchup. 

SOURCE: Joe Person on Twitter

Oct 13, 2021, 1:51 PM ET

Thru 5 games CMC on pace for:

683 rushing yards

554 receiving yards

54 catches, ~3 touchdowns

Now we wait for the week 6 active or inactive status. 🤞

Total gamesmanship to imply he was going to play last week or this week, hammys are always a month

Not feeling as optimistic as you - some people are claiming he's doubtful on twitter but not sure if that's just BS speculation too 

NFL news updates are seeming almost as click-baity and BS as normal news media outlets now, more than ever. They definitely know how to get engagement and clicks, especially on Twitter, and DOUBLY for fantasy football twitter 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling as optimistic as you - some people are claiming he's doubtful on twitter but not sure if that's just BS speculation too 

NFL news updates are seeming almost as click-baity and BS as normal news media outlets now, more than ever. They definitely know how to get engagement and clicks, especially on Twitter, and DOUBLY for fantasy football twitter 
Last week he was practicing in pads all week without the non-contact jersey.  Expected to play then declared doubtful.  Now a DNP today after an LP yesterday.  I'm pretty sure he aggravated it again, although hopefully not by a lot.  I fully expect him to be out this week.

Last week he was practicing in pads all week without the non-contact jersey.  Expected to play then declared doubtful.  Now a DNP today after an LP yesterday.  I'm pretty sure he aggravated it again, although hopefully not by a lot.  I fully expect him to be out this week.

####

There’s at least some hope that after practicing for a few days in a limited fashion, possibly including through this past weekend and early in the week since he didn’t have play in or recover from the game, that he’s simply resting a day before he cranks it up to full for Friday. But yeah that’s probably the lesser likely scenario after the one where he tweaked it and will be out a coupe more weeks.

Doh...speculation led to reality.

Not sure what to expect from this guy going forward. I wanna say it's precautionary, but there's no news of a setback. It just appears he's going in the wrong direction.

Doh...speculation led to reality.

Not sure what to expect from this guy going forward. I wanna say it's precautionary, but there's no news of a setback. It just appears he's going in the wrong direction.
While I'm usually a bit of an injury optimist, I think we have to consider CMC very questionable for week 7 at this point. I'm kind of expecting to see Barkley before CMC at this point. 

One of the problems with super competitive guys is they tend to overestimate how good their condition is.  I'm sure CMC kept saying "I'm good I'm good put me in coach" and pushed it faster than he should have.

themeistersinger said:
One of the problems with super competitive guys is they tend to overestimate how good their condition is.  I'm sure CMC kept saying "I'm good I'm good put me in coach" and pushed it faster than he should have.
That was what I think happened in 2020 too.

ruled out for Sunday
While it is disappointing, I am glad that he is not trying to play injured.  I have no chance of winning this year if CMC is gone for the entire season.  I can take a few losses early in the season and then go on a winning streak into the playoffs with a healthy CMC. 

It was supposed to be a minor pull and Carolina was probably hoping for the best.  I can see why they took that chance.  Lets hope this is the week that he heals up fully. 

They said the same thing last year, and he only ended up playing 1 more week the rest of the entire season.  I have no idea what to expect at this point.  The only thing I am sure on, is you cannot trust any of the medical news coming out of Carolina. 

They said the same thing last year, and he only ended up playing 1 more week the rest of the entire season.  I have no idea what to expect at this point.  The only thing I am sure on, is you cannot trust any of the medical news coming out of Carolina. 
TBF he looked awesome in that game and then got injured in a totally different and random way.

I'm just glad that the previous Chuba Hubba Bubba owner dropped him to waivers this week. Now I got me a better guy to slot in for broke down Carson. Oh, and thank you all for caring so deeply about my team. 

Now, heal up, CMC! We love watching you play ball.

I'm just glad that the previous Chuba Hubba Bubba owner dropped him to waivers this week. Now I got me a better guy to slot in for broke down Carson. Oh, and thank you all for caring so deeply about my team. 

Now, heal up, CMC! We love watching you play ball.
Man, people are really dumb to be dropping ANY backup RB's with the way they are going down lol. count your lucky stars 

Have a superflex draft coming up with the #2 pick and I'm hoping #1 takes CMC. He ruined my season last year in my main league and for some reason I sensed the injuries coming as soon as he got paid and started living on Instagram with his model girlfriend.

Even without him CMC, I had a drafted team of Mahomes-Taylor-Montgomery-Ridley-Diontae but missed the playoffs as (statistically impossibly) I had a 4 week stretch that I scored the 2nd most points in the league every week but went 0-4 as I faced the week winner each week. Irrational I know but CMC will forever represent bad juju for me.

I'm sorry that I was mean in response to this earlier this season. Now that he's out again I'm starting to think you're onto something here about the girlfriend and living large / constant banging lol.

I know it's highly speculative but I think your point has some value now that he's missing another game!

Because that’s how long a low grade hammy injury takes.

And he’s not out “close to a month”. It may be 2 weeks. Clearly they’re optimistic because they didn’t IR him. 

Grade 1 hammy is 2-3 weeks. More severe grades are significantly longer & the most severe requires surgery. 

hyperbole doesn’t serve anyone well in these discussions. All we know is what the team has said. And they haven’t said he’s going to be out “nearly a month”. 
You were saying............

The wear and tear has pretty much ruined him.

You were saying............

The wear and tear has pretty much ruined him.

You've been doing this since Josh Gordon threads - you have to have grown up a little right?  I mean that was like 8 years ago or so?

Users who are viewing this thread