What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (6 Viewers)

It’s worth remembering that this entire franchise is run by a former Patriots team chaplain.   Say that out loud to yourself. A team chaplain - who lied on his resume - is running an NFL franchise.
Well let’s be fair, he was promoted to morals / ethics / character coach before he became an NFL executive.

Team explanation of Mr Easterby’s resume error:

“Meaningless oversight in a bio from an entry-level position in Jacksonville 16 years ago. This had no bearing on our decision to hire him. . . . His employment paperwork was accurate with the correct description of his internship.”

Not germane to any discussion about Watson but for those left wondering...

This PFT link has a quote with the lawyer referencing 9 women.  Which is still a lot.  But it isn’t 20.  Not quibbling over details, just trying to keep the facts straight.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/20/lawyer-handling-deshaun-watson-cases-intends-to-submit-package-of-evidence-to-houston-police/
The lawyer said he is for sure filing 12 suits and vetting 10 more.  I apologize.  Not 20. Yet. I don’t think 12 women would lie.  

dm’ing many different Instagram girls for massages, when he has access to the best in the profession?   Nah.   Either some vast conspiracy is afoot or Watson is an entitled pervert who doesn’t respect boundaries.  

Who are the 20 women? Got pics? Quotes? Police statements? Any shred of evidence they even exist? 

seems pretty crappy to ruin a guy’s career with nothing but an allegation by one dude. 

Or do you have nothing? Seems like nothing.

And with that we have Watson’s track record as a choir boy. So there’s that. 

I’d like to see some evidence. 

Also, maybe we should compare the treatment of someone like Payton Manning, who DEFINITELY put his junk on a sports massage therapist, and suffered exactly no consequences. Wonder what the difference between Manning & Watson is? 🤔 

I’m just sayin - some of this story doesn’t add up, wild conspiracies aside. 
Dude you are not looking very good here.   

Regarding conspiracy theories.  The lawyer being next door neighbors with the owner and this coming out literally a few hours after they signed Tyrod Taylor makes it easy for people to jump to those thoughts.

But if you step back and think what the attorney and ownership would be risking it's insane to point of not being logical. I know I've pointed out the fact they live next to each other but that only makes it more illogical, that's like Aaron Hernandez dumping a body in a quarry less then a mile from his house kind of dumb and I usually give people more benefit of the doubt.

There is a more plausible though less drama filled explanation for the timing and it does make me think Watson being in the news with his trade requests might have ended up backfiring on him. This theory would involve Watson being at least guilty of what the first plaintiff accused him of doing, so with that assumption let's try and look through the plaintiff 1's point of view.

She thinks Watson acted inappropriately but nothing maybe so concrete she could move forward with pressing charges or doing anything with, just that she knows he acted inappropriately and she's not comfortable with how it went down. But she'd also likely know Watson is revered in Houston,  might have likely thought she'd be the one coming out looking like the bad person if she tried to take on or take down a person of his stature especially when some might chalk up what happened during the massage as a "misunderstanding". So she just keeps it to herself, not happy the way it went down but not seeing a path to get her some justice.

Now fast forward to a few months later and Watson is in the news more then ever and to many people not good news. Not all, maybe not even most, but a healthy amount of public perception has turned against Watson locally now.  I've read and heard local sports radio in Houston since this started and some people blame the Texans, some people blame Watson. Those who blame Watson are now labeling him as not professional, not appreciative and selfish. So now perhaps the plaintiff is aware of this and concludes the temperature for taking on Watson in a legal setting is a little more ripe. Secondly you got the faction of media/people that put all or most of the blame on the Texans and continued to laud Watson's character. So again say you are the plaintiff and you are hearing people talk all day about how great Watson is but you know things that are different and human nature would indicate that would start eating at you to get that out. And lastly, whether this is motive or not is another issue, plaintiff one knew who Watson was but might not have fully grasped his wealth and now on top of everything else she's hearing people talk about the contract he just accepted and she did of course want a 6 figure settlement.

So in summary I'm trying to paint a picture of a women who feels wronged, hearing people praise a guy all day she thinks is not so great who just signed a contract for a boat load of money and she's been stewing on all of this and due to changing public perception of Watson by some in Houston along with realization this guy just got paid she felt emboldened to reach out to a well known attorney, get her some justice and maybe some money.

I'm ok with anyone scoffing at my post but what is more believable, what I just laid out being some or mainly true or the attorney and owner, two men with a lot to lose, risking losing everything to tarnish Watson's name?

I am no way trying to say Watson is guilty, just trying to paint a more reasonable picture of the mindset of plaintiff one.

Last edited by a moderator:
This PFT link has a quote with the lawyer referencing 9 women.  Which is still a lot.  But it isn’t 20.  Not quibbling over details, just trying to keep the facts straight.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/20/lawyer-handling-deshaun-watson-cases-intends-to-submit-package-of-evidence-to-houston-police/
9 is not 20. That’s a very fair point & im not sure why you’d have to walk on eggshells to make it.

and really it’s one attorney claiming it’s 9 women.

in time we’ll collectively know what it is. Right now it seems like a lot of smoke & very little fire, and I’m not ready to condemn Watson based on what we’ve seen. 

my views are subject to change as this story develops, which I also don’t see as particularly controversial. 

Call it a gut feeling but I’m siding with Deshaun here until I have something more concrete. It’s wayyyy too convenient that in the middle of him refusing to play for the Texans that this all surfaces. Someone brought up a possible addiction and I believe that may hold some weight. That said there is WAYYY too much grey area surrounding this whole ordeal. It’s too bad he stands so much to lose. 

The lawyer saying he ran for mayor but doesn’t know the owner of the nfl team in his city where his family is his neighbor is absurd. 

Just like it is absurd Watson recruited 20 different private massage therapists and put himself in this situation... evidently apologizing to one for making her uncomfortable. 

Either some vast conspiracy is afoot or Watson is an entitled pervert who doesn’t respect boundaries.  
Men solicit sex workers all the time. It doesn’t make them “entitled perverts who don’t respect boundaries”.

the sex trade is a thing that is. Many interact online.

I don’t know who did what, but it’s important to clarify that sex workers are people too. Shaming them by making them the target of perversion isn’t appropriate in the same way that if they’re legitimate massage therapists being propositioned that is also not ok. 

right now we don’t know which it is. Allegations. 

maybe we should collectively put the pitchforks away until we do know is all I’m suggesting here. 

Call it a gut feeling but I’m siding with Deshaun here until I have something more concrete. It’s wayyyy too convenient that in the middle of him refusing to play for the Texans that this all surfaces. Someone brought up a possible addiction and I believe that may hold some weight. That said there is WAYYY too much grey area surrounding this whole ordeal. It’s too bad he stands so much to lose. 
Watson was soliciting massages from girls on Instagram from other cities and flying them in and meeting at random hotels.   But yeah guy keep siding with him there is surely nothing to see here.   If it was 1 or 2 then yeah I could see your point but it’s over 9 and that’s one hell of a conspiracy 

Regarding conspiracy theories.  The lawyer being next door neighbors with the owner and this coming out literally a few hours after they signed Tyrod Taylor makes it easy for people to jump to those thoughts.

But if you step back and think what the attorney and ownership would be risking it's insane to point of not being logical. I know I've pointed out the fact they live next to each other but that only makes it more illogical, that's like Aaron Hernandez dumping a body in a quarry less then a mile from his house kind of dumb and I usually give people more benefit of the doubt.

There is a more plausible though less drama filled explanation for the timing and it does make me think Watson being in the news with his trade requests might have ended up backfiring on him. This theory would involve Watson being at least guilty of what the first plaintiff accused him of doing, so with that assumption let's try and look through the plaintiff 1's point of view.

She thinks Watson acted inappropriately but nothing maybe so concrete she could move forward with pressing charges or doing anything with, just that she knows he acted inappropriately and she's not comfortable with how it went down. But she'd also likely know Watson is revered in Houston,  might have likely thought she'd be the one coming out looking like the bad person if she tried to take on or take down a person of his stature especially when some might chalk up what happened during the massage as a "misunderstanding". So she just keeps it to herself, not happy the way it went down but not seeing a path to get her some justice.

Now fast forward to a few months later and Watson is in the news more then ever and to many people. Not all, maybe not even most, but a healthy amount of public perception has turned against Watson locally now.  I've read and heard local sports radio in Houston since this started and some people blame Texans, some people blame Watson. Those who blame Watson are now labeling as not professional, not appreciative and selfish. So now perhaps the plaintiff is aware of this and concludes the temperature for taking on Watson in a legal setting is a little more ripe. Secondly you got the faction of media/people that put all or most of the blame on the Texans and continued to laud Watson's character. So again say you are the plaintiff and you are hearing people talk all day about how great Watson is but you know things that are different human nature would indicate that would start eating at you to get that out. And lastly, whether this is motive or not is another issue, plaintiff one knew who Watson was but might not have fully grasped his wealth and now on top of everything else she's hearing people talk about the contract he just accepted and she did of course want a 6 figure settlement.

So in summary I'm trying to paint a picture of a women who feels wronged, hearing people praise a guy all day she thinks is not so great who just signed a contract for a boat load of money and she's been stewing on all of this and due to changing public perception of Watson by some in Houston along with realization this guy just got paid she felt emboldened to reach out to a well known attorney, get her some justice and maybe some money.

I'm ok with anyone scoffing at my post but what is more believable, what I just laid out being some or mainly true or the attorney and owner, two men with a lot to lose, risking losing everything to tarnish Watson's name?

I am no way trying to say Watson is guilty, just trying to paint a more reasonable picture of the mindset of plaintiff one.
All a fair theory. As fair as any other. I don’t discount this as a possibility at all. 

And worth noting, Aaron Hernandez actually did murder people - so as far fetched as things are to believe, sometimes hard to believe things do happen. 

but your post is well put, and well taken. Definitely possible. to me it becomes a little more difficult to believe that this many came out with this timing than the 1, as in your explanation, but sure - they could have seen the headline and jumped on the bandwagon.

it’s all very, very strange. That I think most of us can agree on. 

Men solicit sex workers all the time. It doesn’t make them “entitled perverts who don’t respect boundaries”.

I don’t know who did what, but it’s important to clarify that sex workers are people too. Shaming them by making them the target of perversion isn’t appropriate in the same way that if they’re legitimate massage therapists being propositioned that is also not ok. 

maybe we should collectively put the pitchforks away until we do know is all I’m suggesting here. 
So at absolute best case scenario here Watson is still a complete moron.  

These women were not sex workers.  Jesus.  

It is no wonder women are afraid to come out against powerful men unless they have strength in numbers.  

let’s wait and see what the final number is. 12 is enough for me though.  The conspiracy theory angle is not remotely compelling to me.  

It is no wonder women are afraid to come out against powerful men unless they have strength in numbers.  

let’s wait and see what the final number is. 12 is enough for me though.  The conspiracy theory angle is not remotely compelling to me.  
Careful you are going to join his ignore list. 

Watson was soliciting massages from girls on Instagram from other cities and flying them in and meeting at random hotels.   But yeah guy keep siding with him there is surely nothing to see here.   If it was 1 or 2 then yeah I could see your point but it’s over 9 and that’s one hell of a conspiracy 
If that happened there’s nothing wrong with it unless it was non-consensual, regardless of the number.

No pun intended, there’s the rub. 

Brother...I read my Bible every day and pray to Jesus. Even I know where men go to get a release.

Not all massage parlors or licensed masseuses are SW. But let’s say for the sake of conversation some of them worked at happy ending or even “full service” salons.

SW are human beings. If these women did not consent then what Watson allegedly did was criminal sexual assault. LE should be involved.

That said, he’s entitled to all the facts coming out before we convict and sentence him.

I’m way behind in this story (probably bc Im on a day date drinking brews on the beach.) Didn’t know about random IG DMs or flying girls in.

If true...Carlos Danger and Ron Mexico are deeply disappointed.

Brother...I read my Bible every day and pray to Jesus. Even I know where men go to get a release.

Not all massage parlors or licensed masseuses are SW. But let’s say for the sake of conversation some of them worked at happy ending or even “full service” salons.

SW are human beings. If these women did not consent then what Watson allegedly did was criminal sexual assault. LE should be involved.

That said, he’s entitled to all the facts coming out before we convict and sentence him.
All of this +1 ⬆️⬆️⬆️

consent is the dividing line between assault & a transaction between two adults. 

this will be my last post in here until more information is available. 

Do you think he is fabricating all of this?   Out of thin air for the betterment of a nfl franchise?
He ran for mayor and is a politician in addition to being a high profile litigator. There exists the possibility he stands to gain personally both financially and in public opinion. 

Having said that, at the very least Watson looks guilty of making women uncomfortable. So it likely ends in a big settlement. 

That’s a possibility, yes - among the many possibilities that exist in our collective lack of knowledge. 
Here’s what we know.  Several women were solicited by a top 5 QB in the nfl by dm on Instagram to give him private massages.  They all allege that he sexually assaulted them in some way.  That’s what we know.  Either they are all lying or he did it.  

That he is somehow being set up by the Texans to destroy his life because he wants out is flat earth conspiracy theory ####.   

Here’s what we know.  Several women were solicited by a top 5 QB in the nfl by dm on Instagram to give him private massages.  They all allege that he sexually assaulted them in some way.  That’s what we know.  Either they are all lying or he did it.  

That he is somehow being set up by the Texans to destroy his life because he wants out is flat earth conspiracy theory ####.   
Good post.  This is where the baseline starts.   Read this before you post again.  At the very minimum he is a moron.  

I don’t disagree with this.  I’m just saying I think he did it.  Of course he is and should be entitled to the presumption of innocence in a court of law.  But this is a message board.  

I don’t disagree with this.  I’m just saying I think he did it.  Of course he is and should be entitled to the presumption of innocence in a court of law.  But this is a message board.  
Agreed “believe all women” is a solid default

:hifive:

Men are the worst (said as I’m looking in the mirror)

ETA: I don’t go around acting rapey in massage parlors but I’m tangentially involved with anti-trafficking - it’s all around us, in plain sight

Please don't put words in my mouth are assume what you think I mean.

Take my most literally.  Spidey sense means you think something is up.  That's all I am saying.
No offense but it reads like they should know better.   When in fact I am too old to know how this game is played.  

I have no idea what really happened here.  But the "owner is orchestrating it" thing is one of the more bizarre conspiracy theories I've read in some time.  It's QANon and Scientology wrapped into one.

Like McNair is going to risk jail time and his multi bajillion dollar lifestyle to try and orchestrate the perfect amount of foment against Watson such that it dissuades teams from trying to trade for him but doesn't bring any disciplinary action from the league nor ruin the reputation of what he hopes will be the face of his franchise for the next 10 years. 

It's beyond bizarre that this has even the smallest amount of legs, much less be something that has been brought up over and over again.

No offense but it reads like they should know better.   When in fact I am too old to know how this game is played.  
They should probably know something isnt right, unless they think they are so awesome that people fly them in for a freaking massage.

It doesnt excuse any wrong doing on the part of Watson, but it's a whole other level of naive to think flying in somewhere for a massage is normal.

Lot of weird in this.

Users who are viewing this thread