What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bernie Sanders HQ! *A decent human being. (4 Viewers)

If you're interested in channeling what Senator Sanders may have inspired within, to be part of a progressive movement within America, I'd point you toward the folks at http://www.reddit.com/r/grassrootsselect

What is Grassroots Select?

[SIZE=26.666666666666664px]▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]An Outline of Grassroots Select, its Mission, Plans, and Structure[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]Grassroots Select is much bigger than its subreddit. We have a unique mission with goals and a plan to achieve them. Here is our mission statement:[/SIZE]

Grassroots Select aims to re-engage the 99% in the political process at all levels of government through strong grassroots action.

• By promoting candidates who will pursue a progressive agenda
  • By providing materials for those interested in running for office.
  • By acting as a liaison between representatives and their constituencies.
  • By providing an organizational structure through which volunteers can directly aid candidates.

I have a lot to learn, but I will continue to volunteer and one day hope to represent a community with these ideals!

If that happens there will just be another anti- establishment candidate in 4 years and in 8 and you guys will win. 

No Democrat is going to beat Hillary running for re-election (assuming she ends up winning). Progressives are looking at a minimum 8 years until they can run seriously (again assuming she wins). Castro, Booker, Newsom, and some others are going to be the next wave. I don't think any of them are quite liberal enough (Gavin might be). The hope is candidates notice the support Bernie's policies got and slowly adopt elements of it. 

Rights for everyone.....gay and lesbian rights, black rights, womens rights, workers rights, bankers rights, big donor rights, the right to eliminate firewalls.

Gonna be a great general election with the Democratic candidate championing the cause of the millionaires vs. the Republican standing up for billionaires. 

F U Biden. So disappointed that a viable liberal didn't stand up and run

Gonna be a great general election with the Democratic candidate championing the cause of the millionaires vs. the Republican standing up for billionaires. 

F U Biden. So disappointed that a viable liberal didn't stand up and run
He would have cleaned up.  Bad for Bernie, but better for America than Hillary by far.

How did he never connect with the black vote?

Do people not care she is in bed with the banks that just ####ed over the world 8 years ago?  Or are we too stupid to remember?

Well, let me say it now before it's over that Bernie got me to be more energized and engaged in an election than ever before.  Gave money for the first time.  Tough because I think he really cares and I don't think Hillary gives a damn about me or my family.  Here's to Bernie - great politician but more so a great man.

How did he never connect with the black vote?

Do people not care she is in bed with the banks that just ####ed over the world 8 years ago?  Or are we too stupid to remember?
Oh well. When she completely ignores them for the next 8 years, i hope we dont hear a peep.

Well, let me say it now before it's over that Bernie got me to be more energized and engaged in an election than ever before.  Gave money for the first time.  Tough because I think he really cares and I don't think Hillary gives a damn about me or my family.  Here's to Bernie - great politician but more so a great man.
I'm serious when I say I'm running for public office. It has been on my mind since I left college but I never thought I'd make a difference. Being a volunteer and student of his career really turned my opinion on what it means to serve the people.

LOL.

come on guys. Let's channel the positivity from last weeks dominating performance in Michigan!

I'm serious when I say I'm running for public office. It has been on my mind since I left college but I never thought I'd make a difference. Being a volunteer and student of his career really turned my opinion on what it means to serve the people.
Please do Hagmania - the country needs good people like you running for office.  I'm too old and don't have a desire to but will happily support you and others trying to make a difference.

Here's a tip, if you want to have success, start rubbing elbows with the big money and kissing the establishment's butt.

Coming from someone outside the party but who understands Southern politics, unless and until the Democratic party changes the way they award delegates proportionally in each state, the African American vote in the South is on most every occasion be the determining factor in the Democratic nominee.

Coming from someone outside the party but who understands Southern politics, unless and until the Democratic party changes the way they award delegates proportionally in each state, the African American vote in the South is on most every occasion be the determining factor in the Democratic nominee.
Yeah get those black people out of here so Sanders could win!

I wish you good luck!

I have a question for you that I'm not quite sure how to phrase, but I'll try nonetheless. Do you think it's possible to take some core principles from Bernie Sanders' campaign and form a third-party that represent the interests of the vast majority, while leaving disagreements about wedge issue aside? In other words, can we have a party that is united against the "billionaire" class and a rigged economy, while having differing opinions on things like gun control and abortion?

Yeah get those black people out of here so Sanders could win!
Not saying it's right or wrong, I don't care really if Hillary or Bernie win, I didn't vote for either.  But I've heard comments in here of walling off the Mason-Dixon line, etc.  I'm just pointing out that it's the Democratic Party delegate rules that cause the margins in states to be so important so that one big win can outweigh many small ones.  And when you consider that in the South, the black vote is such a large percentage of the electorate and tends to vote 80+% for one candidate, that pretty much causes lopsided wins in these states.

I just don't understand how when you put her next to Bernie Sanders and let them talk how anyone would choose her.  A big phony who cares only about her own political ambitions. Awful night for the people. The big wig bankers who just screwed so many in the middle class are raising their glasses tonight. Only took 8 years for people to completely forget that and get back in prime position for some more rooking. Listening to her speech now I don't believe a single word she says.
I've talked to a bunch of people who support Hillary and the answer is simple - they don't think she'll #### things up. Things are pretty good for them under Obama and they want more of the same.

I've talked to a bunch of people who support Hillary and the answer is simple - they don't think she'll #### things up. Things are pretty good for them under Obama and they want more of the same.
Hillary also gets votes of more moderate voters.  She may have moved left on some issues to combat Bernie, but most voters don't believe she's that far left in her true beliefs.

I wish you good luck!

I have a question for you that I'm not quite sure how to phrase, but I'll try nonetheless. Do you think it's possible to take some core principles from Bernie Sanders' campaign and form a third-party that represent the interests of the vast majority, while leaving disagreements about wedge issue aside? In other words, can we have a party that is united against the "billionaire" class and a rigged economy, while having differing opinions on things like gun control and abortion?
Not with the current state of the political process, if we're looking tactically.

Looking out the window earlier I saw a few children playing.  They were laughing, goofing around with such innocence. They had no idea that tonight their future would be impacted in such a negative way. I tear up a little thinking of them now.  They'll never know how close they came to a better life.

Trey, I have been struggling with how I can possibly compromise my beliefs enough to vote for a hideous warmonger and creature of Wall Street like Hillary. 

So I want to thank you for helping me come to terms with my conflict and realize I could never possibly vote for her. While I'm still bummed about tonight, I already feel much better.

Users who are viewing this thread