What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (18 Viewers)

Been following this thread regularly without comment, using it as motivation.

Have been spending the year so far just trying to eat more slowly and to do some form of physical activity every day - whether thats 20 minutes on the elliptical or an actual workout (I'm limited by whatever's in the hotel 4-5 days a week), I haven't cared. Just focused completely on habits. Not even big changes - like I order a two small boneless wing orders at BWW instead of a medium and a small. Or I just don't eat anything after ~8:30pm on a weeknight.

Someone in the office commented about weight loss on Friday, so I weighed in this weekend. Down 10 pounds since the turn of the year. Can feel it playing pickup ball too - just a little quicker on the perimeter and actually able to guard guys who know what they're doing.

Thanks for the stories y'all. Keep it up!

Really need to get better about my eating again.  Rowed for an hour today, ate a big grain bowl for lunch.  When the pizza rolled out for the kids for dinner, I had one slice instead of the usual 3, and instead had some avocado toast...  Will avoid the snacks tonight and won't booze it up.  

Weeks 2 and 3 of 15 before I move. Combined since I was traveling and in a hotel last Monday. Down 8.6 pounds (32.8 overall since Dec 1) to 229.6. First time in the 220s in probably 7-8 years. I’ve been sick for 4-5 days which has likely led to some of the drop but I’ll take it. 23 pounds away from the 15 week goal with 12 weeks to go. If I can lose 2.5 per week I’ll be just below 200 when I move. I know that’s a long shot but may keep me focused. Never would have thought that was a possibility a few months ago. 

I’ve increased my run/walk distance a lot. If I’m not at work I’m outside exercising. Currently doing 5.6 miles twice per day.

Almost a week in and I'm not sure about IF (without pairing it with Keto).  I've been doing pretty good, going 5/7 with just a couple of days where I had a late supper, so I only got in a 14-15 hour fast instead of the full 16.

The first couple of days felt good.  I actually felt pretty good in the morning, and was hungry an hour or two before lunch but could ignore it and keep working.  The last couple of days have been different.  I'm good in the morning until about 9:30 (I eat at 11, which would be 16 hours for me). Stomach is rumbling, and all I can really do is think about what my next meal is going to be and when.  Hard to focus at work.  I probably didn't eat enough last night for supper, but not the problem the day before.

To add, I've been weighing myself every couple of days and the scale hasn't really moved.  If I felt better, I wouldn't really care about the scale, but I do need a little encouragement to keep this going.

Almost a week in and I'm not sure about IF (without pairing it with Keto).  I've been doing pretty good, going 5/7 with just a couple of days where I had a late supper, so I only got in a 14-15 hour fast instead of the full 16.

The first couple of days felt good.  I actually felt pretty good in the morning, and was hungry an hour or two before lunch but could ignore it and keep working.  The last couple of days have been different.  I'm good in the morning until about 9:30 (I eat at 11, which would be 16 hours for me). Stomach is rumbling, and all I can really do is think about what my next meal is going to be and when.  Hard to focus at work.  I probably didn't eat enough last night for supper, but not the problem the day before.

To add, I've been weighing myself every couple of days and the scale hasn't really moved.  If I felt better, I wouldn't really care about the scale, but I do need a little encouragement to keep this going.
Keep going. 😉

I think it depends on your levels of activity and calories consumed while eating, but it gets easier. On mid-late day hard workout days I have to force myself to eat in the morning even though i am not hungry. I just know I'll need the ammo later. IF'ing on easy workout days has become second nature. 

I think it depends on your levels of activity and calories consumed while eating, but it gets easier. On mid-late day hard workout days I have to force myself to eat in the morning even though i am not hungry. I just know I'll need the ammo later. IF'ing on easy workout days has become second nature. 
Maybe i looked at the wrong source, but one site i read discourage counting calories, etc., but just to eat your two meals normally without going overboard.  Obviously I know if I eat 3000 calories between two meals, the fast isn't going to erase that.  Part of the reason I chose it this time was the lack of tracking, thinking, etc.

But that said, like magic I lost a pound overnight so I ended up down a pound after my first week:

3/4 - 185.4
3/11 - 184.5 (down .9 lbs)

Thursday check-in, although it hardly seems significant with everything else going on. Overall, a good week for me diet-wise. 

1/2 - 184.6 lbs

1/9 - 179.8 lbs

1/16 - 177.4 lbs

1/23 - 176.0 lbs

1/30 - 174.8 lbs

2/6 - 172.4 lbs

2/13 - 172.2 lbs

2/20 - 171.0 lbs

2/27 - 169.6 lbs

3/5 - 167.4 lbs

3/12 - 165.8 lbs

Man timing of this sucks.  Was really hitting my stride going to gym and now I'm done for awhile.  I have a great home gym but dumbbell moves get pretty boring after awhile.   

Thursday check-in, although it hardly seems significant with everything else going on. Overall, a good week for me diet-wise. 

1/2 - 184.6 lbs

1/9 - 179.8 lbs

1/16 - 177.4 lbs

1/23 - 176.0 lbs

1/30 - 174.8 lbs

2/6 - 172.4 lbs

2/13 - 172.2 lbs

2/20 - 171.0 lbs

2/27 - 169.6 lbs

3/5 - 167.4 lbs

3/12 - 165.8 lbs
That's over 10 percent of your body weight in less than 2.5 months.  Amazing job GB. Seriously.  Way to go. 

Man timing of this sucks.  Was really hitting my stride going to gym and now I'm done for awhile.  I have a great home gym but dumbbell moves get pretty boring after awhile.   
Right there with you.  I went yesterday, but may give it a break. Might have to buy some home equipment. 

Update: quest for 170’s. 

Sober February complete.

Ski trip complete. Everything was drunk and ate.

Lost another lb+. Down to 181.1

currently drinking a delicious beer. Might not help the cause....

as long as covid 19 doesn’t f with the program too much, I think I’ll break through!

did buy a grip of delicious beer in response to the pandemic. :oldunsure:

Update: quest for 170’s. 

Sober February complete.

Ski trip complete. Everything was drunk and ate.

Lost another lb+. Down to 181.1

currently drinking a delicious beer. Might not help the cause....

as long as covid 19 doesn’t f with the program too much, I think I’ll break through!

did buy a grip of delicious beer in response to the pandemic. :oldunsure:
How was Jackson Hole?

Being stuck at home and without a gym definitely sucks.  When I'm at home all day, I slip up with my diet.  No gym means that I need to find time outside to run.  And I assume my 10 mile run in early May will be cancelled so I don't even have that motivating factor anymore.  This virus can kiss my ###.

Being stuck at home and without a gym definitely sucks.  When I'm at home all day, I slip up with my diet.  No gym means that I need to find time outside to run.  And I assume my 10 mile run in early May will be cancelled so I don't even have that motivating factor anymore.  This virus can kiss my ###.
Please practice elbow taps to the ###, sir.  

How was Jackson Hole?
pretty awesome .  the mountain layout, wasn't the best.  waiting for the big red tram, was sometimes a 30+ minutes wait.  not good.  especially on a fairly empty mountain.  but there was a plenty of other terrain to get after.  waffles at the top was fun!

Right there with you.  I went yesterday, but may give it a break. Might have to buy some home equipment. 
What you think of this?

https://www.amazon.com/Valor-Fitness-BD-62-Mount-Station/dp/B01LOX2PPO/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=cable%2Bmachine&qid=1584063870&sr=8-2&th=1

I feel like cable stuff is the thing that I struggle with the most replacing.  I'm really a huge fan of constant tension, feel like it's easier on joints and can get great ROM.  

This thing look like a POS to you?   

I get that and really I'm only missing a few leg machine stuff that I can't at least make a half ### effort at duplicating with what I have on hand.

What you think of this?

https://www.amazon.com/Valor-Fitness-BD-62-Mount-Station/dp/B01LOX2PPO/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=cable%2Bmachine&qid=1584063870&sr=8-2&th=1

I feel like cable stuff is the thing that I struggle with the most replacing.  I'm really a huge fan of constant tension, feel like it's easier on joints and can get great ROM.  

This thing look like a POS to you?   

I get that and really I'm only missing a few leg machine stuff that I can't at least make a half ### effort at duplicating with what I have on hand.
my neighbor has something similar, but his has 3 anchor points. same thing, just with a long horizontal bar.  anchor in the middle and at both ends.  my fear with the one linked, is that the connection to the wall, would eventually loosen. :shrug:   

my neighbor has something similar, but his has 3 anchor points. same thing, just with a long horizontal bar.  anchor in the middle and at both ends.  my fear with the one linked, is that the connection to the wall, would eventually loosen. :shrug:   
I can drop lag bolts into straight concrete in the floor. The wall if I find a stud I should be able to get it secure.  I'm usually not cable pulling anything much more than 50-75.  I had same thought, but I bet they think people will try to put that inside and I'm doing it on a garage floor.

Just realized I completed my @Tecumseh 100-day challenge several days ago and didn't realize it.  Of course, I actually failed since I only had 98 days, missing Dec. 26 and 27.  But I've still been completing my every-day purposeful exercise of at least one hour, and will through at least March 17, when my other team challenge ends.  How did it go for you, GBTecumseh?  Thanks for posting about this and inviting others to join you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just realized I completed my @Tecumseh 100-day challenge several days ago and didn't realize it.  Of course, I actually failed since I only had 98 days, missing Dec. 26 and 27.  But I've still been completing my every-day purposeful exercise of at least one hour, and will through at least March 17, when my other team challenge ends.  How did it go for you, GBTecumseh?  Thanks for posting about this and inviting others to join you!
Crashed and burned. Idk why, but I just can't get myself motivated at the moment, despite the fact that I'm putting on weight again. I meed to get my ### in gear, but I'm just struggling. I'm really glad to hear that you're killing it. Great job!

Crashed and burned. Idk why, but I just can't get myself motivated at the moment, despite the fact that I'm putting on weight again. I meed to get my ### in gear, but I'm just struggling. I'm really glad to hear that you're killing it. Great job!
You've been killing it for a good long while.  It's OK to give yourself a break, and I know you'll hit it again hard when you need to.

culdeus said:
I can drop lag bolts into straight concrete in the floor. The wall if I find a stud I should be able to get it secure.  I'm usually not cable pulling anything much more than 50-75.  I had same thought, but I bet they think people will try to put that inside and I'm doing it on a garage floor.
My neighbor has his in the garage.  Mounted as you are proposing. Floor and 3 studs. 

I've been a silent admirer of this thread, too.  I'm down about 15 pounds since early-mid December attributing most of that to skipping breakfast, more vegetables (e.g. whole foods hot bar for lunch), less alcohol, and some moderate exercise.  Kettlebell swings and a ####ty recumbent, mostly.  

Just got back from a goal trip to Moab, UT where we mountain biked for four days.  It. was. epic.  Here are some photos.  If you click the spinny icon top right, you should be able to view them as a "photo sphere" which is pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

I have another 10-15 lbs to go, easily, and plan on doing a lot more mountain biking.  The road is fine but trails are more fun.  Thank you all for sharing and answering questions.  

Down 33 in 8 weeks. Old fashion walking and eating differently.  Got 35 more to go.  I want to be 185 by 4th of July. 
That doesn't sound healthy. 

2lbs a week is the most you can really do safely unless you started a lot higher than 253.  Even if you started with 10 lbs of water weight and dropped from 243 to 220 in 8 weeks, that's still 3lbs/wk. And 35 more in less than 16 weeks sounds really aggressive too. 

I'm rooting for you but be careful that you're not just burning off muscle instead of fat.  

Still crushing it but I’m exhausted. Pushing myself really hard. Should cross over the 40 pounds lost since December 1 at tomorrow’s weigh in. If I do I may take a couple days off to let myself recover and then get back at it.

I ended up buying it.  They raised the price since I linked it 😕  

I don't want any excuses.  I can manage 95% of everything I need now.
Spent better part of 6 hours overhauling the home gym today.   Moved everything around, cleaned it all up made room for that cable system coming in.  

Also hiked 5 miles.  

Figure there's no way to expect to be back in a gym anytime before may.  Gotta make this work.

How is everyone doing in here?

A rough patch right now. Really frustrating. Just as I end up getting snipped, which had taken me off the rower for 4 days now, and probably another 3 if I want to avoid busting a stitch, we are now in a global pandemic and on lockdown working from home with nothing to do but stress eat and drink.  Hell, I even did a 5am row the day of my 8am procedure. That’s how serious I had been about this. But all bets are off at the moment. 

Mrs. O also gone off the rails. A lot of anxiety in the house right now. We need some order and some better routine. I figure I’ll give this a couple more days, and then when I can start rowing, I’ll immediately stop drinking, and stop picking at the junk food. Will continue to set my alarm for 4:45am at that point to get up and shave and row at 5am like normal, and will also work in an evening workout that is just push ups, crunches, some pull-ups or curls.  With all this time stuck at home, I’ll need these two a days more than ever, even if only because I find that working out a lot usually causes me to eat and drink better. 

But what a run... jeez...

It’s been a struggle for me to keep up with my training.  I ran 6 miles on Sunday but now being stuck at home working with the kids will make things more challenging.  I’ll still do my best to continue to train but psychologically it’s hard given that I’m almost certain the run will be cancelled 

How is everyone doing in here?
I'm only two weeks into my quest, and hadn't made much progress.  WFH looks like it will become mandatory, vs the rotation we were on previously.  That will kill any progress, as with constant access to food will be constant grazing for me.  Taking the commute out of the day should result in more time to exercise.  Maybe a mid day exercise would stop me from just eating constantly?  Hmm, will have to consider.

I’m stress-eating and stress-drinking.  Still keeping up the workouts, which helps, but stress and boredom are going to be challenges on the food end of things.  Right now I’m six pounds under what had been my goal weight, though, so there is wiggle room.

I'm WFH for the foreseeable future and I only got 3200 steps yesterday  :lol:  

Gonna be tough to keep up the progress if this continues for a while (like it seems it will).

It’s been a struggle for me to keep up with my training.  I ran 6 miles on Sunday but now being stuck at home working with the kids will make things more challenging.  I’ll still do my best to continue to train but psychologically it’s hard given that I’m almost certain the run will be cancelled 
Want to do a side bet of some kind?  We're about the same point in training, and my gym is closed down so I'm squeezing in workouts around family time like everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread