What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (11 Viewers)

I am finishing up Adriene's November calendar but could do a new 30- (or 31-) day program starting December 1.  I was probably just going to do whatever her December calendar turns out to be, but I'm open to something else.

Hour of Compassion yoga, 30 minute walk with my family, 35 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the rower. Total of 2:20 today gets me to 26 hours on the month with 3 days left to finish my final four hours. 

@Dickies do you want to start with the original 30 days of yoga or do you have some experience with yoga already?  I'd do the original with you but I wouldn't mind trying a new 30 either. It sounds like she's put out a lot of content during the pandemic. 

Hour of Compassion yoga, 30 minute walk with my family, 35 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the rower. Total of 2:20 today gets me to 26 hours on the month with 3 days left to finish my final four hours. 

@Dickies do you want to start with the original 30 days of yoga or do you have some experience with yoga already?  I'd do the original with you but I wouldn't mind trying a new 30 either. It sounds like she's put out a lot of content during the pandemic. 
I am going to do the original, but don’t let me hold you all back. I’m down to follow @krista4’s lead and start 12/1. Allows for one skip day to finish in 2020. 

I’ve kinda given up on the plant based diet. I still do it, but instead of 90% if the time it’s been maybe 50%. The good news is that I’ve kept the weight off, but the bad news is I’m not seeing much more loss. I’m still doing my 75 miles per week of cycling, but incorporating more hilly terrain into my rides. Also just picked up a mountain bike, and holy #### is it a good workout and tons of fun. I imagine it will only get more fun as I get more competent

I’m curious about the yoga. Is there a set program, or just do whatever you want whenever you want? I’ve lost some weight, but am about as flexible as a log.

I’m curious about the yoga. Is there a set program, or just do whatever you want whenever you want? I’ve lost some weight, but am about as flexible as a log.
I may be the least flexible person on earth. I did the original 30 days of yoga with Adrienne. She has probably 1000+ yoga videos, so ultimately you can pick whatever you want, but the program I did I felt sis a good job gradually introducing new moves

https://youtu.be/oBu-pQG6sTY

This is day one of the 2015 series 30 days of yoga by yoga with adriene. There's a youtube playlist but you won't really need it. 

It's a free 30 day program that is about 20 to 30 minutes a day.  This does a good job slowly introducing you to different yoga poses.  There are more advanced programs offered by her and other yoga people where they don't spend as much time explaining every pose. She is also a runner and has a lot of yoga practices specifically for runners, recovery yoga, yoga for sore legs, etc. I know you mentioned flexibility but it's not just stretching, it's also bodyweight exercises that strengthen your core and legs and whole body.

I work from home so I keep a yoga mat near my work area and squeeze in a short workout between meetings.  

In. I may choose a different 30 days.  But, I’m in.

When are we starting?
We could try doing December in December. I've never done that before. 

Or pick any month calendar they're all up there. https://yogawithadriene.com/calendar/

I would also be fine with ponying up to join the site, I just signed up for the 7 day free trial. It looks like there's some content behind the pay wall. I don't know what it looks like but I think she mentioned that some of her power yoga stuff was going to be there, I know you liked those before.  One nice thing is you can filter videos by length there are a lot of longer videos, even some full 90 minute classes she did in her live studio so that could be fun.  I remember one of her calendars she had the video for the day and there were a couple days where she linked to something behind the pay wall and had a free video as an alternative for people who don't want to pay 9.99 a month. 

We could try doing December in December. I've never done that before. 

Or pick any month calendar they're all up there. https://yogawithadriene.com/calendar/

I would also be fine with ponying up to join the site, I just signed up for the 7 day free trial. It looks like there's some content behind the pay wall. I don't know what it looks like but I think she mentioned that some of her power yoga stuff was going to be there, I know you liked those before.  One nice thing is you can filter videos by length there are a lot of longer videos, even some full 90 minute classes she did in her live studio so that could be fun.  I remember one of her calendars she had the video for the day and there were a couple days where she linked to something behind the pay wall and had a free video as an alternative for people who don't want to pay 9.99 a month. 
the free month set ups, look too easy.  i'd like to do a series of 30-60 minutes daily.  not including @krista4's woo-woo grounding stuff ;)  

I may be the least flexible person on earth.
:chortle: I can barely touch my knees.

Managed to dodge the rain the last two days, but it was pretty raw out there this morning, with a steady north wind. Just as wind wrecks the tempo of my golf swing, it also makes me walk faster than I intend. Though my route was a quarter-mile longer than usual today, I did it at a 18:22 pace, a good minute faster than target.

The scale says I lost 2.3 pounds this week. Migas, then groceries.

After today (still need to complete a 30 minute bike ride - beautiful outside), I will have logged 29 hours of exercise for the month.  That gives me 2 days to complete an hour.  I think my December challenge will be to average 100 push-ups a day for the month and cut out booze completely during the week.  This will be along with other routine exercises.  

After today (still need to complete a 30 minute bike ride - beautiful outside), I will have logged 29 hours of exercise for the month.  That gives me 2 days to complete an hour.  I think my December challenge will be to average 100 push-ups a day for the month and cut out booze completely during the week.  This will be along with other routine exercises.  
i'll do 100/day with you.  that's 3100 pushups for the month.

30 min walk Saturday. 90 minutes walking Sunday. 60 minutes yoga, 25 minutes walking, 15 minutes running and 20 minutes rowing today. Finished with 30 hours in 30 days. Congrats to everyone else who finished 30 in 30 today. If you didn't get there, let's do it in December. 

Finished my November Adriene calendar today and will end up with about 101 miles of walking for the month.  I'm still on point for the 700 miles in six months that I started, but since I started it five days late in November, I knew I'd be a little behind after the first month.  It's OK; I'll make it up.  Just wanted to keep on track to do at least 100 this month working with those 25 days.

I'm doing better with eating and drinking but only started that yesterday.  I weighed today for the first time in a while and it was...ungood.  I had put back on 8-9 pounds from my low earlier this year.  So here we go into better habits to lose that back.

I'll start a new Adriene program tomorrow but might just go with her December calendar.  I noted that it had only a seven-minute workout on Dec. 22, which is the day I'm moving, so I took that as a sign.  :lol:   With the 4+ miles of walking per day and handling two moves this month six days apart (mine Dec. 22 and my mom's Dec. 28), plus work currently being insane, I think her December calendar is the best I can do.  It does have some 30-45 minute ones anyway.

Finished my November Adriene calendar today and will end up with about 101 miles of walking for the month.  I'm still on point for the 700 miles in six months that I started, but since I started it five days late in November, I knew I'd be a little behind after the first month.  It's OK; I'll make it up.  Just wanted to keep on track to do at least 100 this month working with those 25 days.

I'm doing better with eating and drinking but only started that yesterday.  I weighed today for the first time in a while and it was...ungood.  I had put back on 8-9 pounds from my low earlier this year.  So here we go into better habits to lose that back.

I'll start a new Adriene program tomorrow but might just go with her December calendar.  I noted that it had only a seven-minute workout on Dec. 22, which is the day I'm moving, so I took that as a sign.  :lol:   With the 4+ miles of walking per day and handling two moves this month six days apart (mine Dec. 22 and my mom's Dec. 28), plus work currently being insane, I think her December calendar is the best I can do.  It does have some 30-45 minute ones anyway.
Proud of you, 2 moves and only one of them is yours. 

30 min walk Saturday. 90 minutes walking Sunday. 60 minutes yoga, 25 minutes walking, 15 minutes running and 20 minutes rowing today. Finished with 30 hours in 30 days. Congrats to everyone else who finished 30 in 30 today. If you didn't get there, let's do it in December. 
I got my 30 yesterday so took the day off today.  Back to the grind tomorrow.

revolution is 31 days.  most seem to be 23-30 minutes.  are you seeing any series that average closer to 45 minutes?
No, and after signing up for fwfg I don't see that many which are longer like that although there are some full classes that are 90 plus.

Let's do revolution 

Yoga should be interesting.  This mountain biking thing is kicking my ###. 

My wife did tell me last night that if it weren't for my obnoxious tan line on my legs that they'd be looking sexy.  I assured her with how cold it is getting that my legs will be pasty white in a couple weeks.  

@fred_1_15301 pushups start today. :thumbup:
Got them done in the evening today before cooking up a yummy spinach and mushroom risotto.  Have to say that I can definitely feel the effects of the break since completing the push-up challenge several weeks ago.  I felt a little  weaker.  I’m hoping to gradually build that strength back this month.  Going to close the night with a 45 minute body combat now.

Day 1 of camp is definitely geared towards the beginnier or the person coming back after a break.  I've been doing yoda a couple times a week and yes, the typo leaving I am, but in the future if I do a 30 days again I might just skip to day 2. If I hadn't been doing anything recently or was looking for an easy day that would have been a good start. 

Got them done in the evening today before cooking up a yummy spinach and mushroom risotto.  Have to say that I can definitely feel the effects of the break since completing the push-up challenge several weeks ago.  I felt a little  weaker.  I’m hoping to gradually build that strength back this month.  Going to close the night with a 45 minute body combat now.
2 days tops.  you might even me a little sore.

2 mile and a half walks with the dog (at least some hills) and a 30 min classic rock ride today with Emma Lovewell on the Peleton.  Did core work and pushups yesterday.  At least trending back in the right direction after a pretty mild Thanksgiving.  Not too bad.  While I can go several days or even all weekdays I'm just not interested in 21-30 days with no drinking.  When I do that you'll know I'm really serious.  Admire those of you who have that level of commitment and discipline.   

Thank you for introducing us all to Adriene @krista4.  I never enjoyed yoga before, but I like her classes.  I always had the impression that I was doing the poses wrong and that would frustrate me.  With Adriene I feel like I can just do my best and messing up is ok.  When we ventured out to try other YouTube instructors this summer I go that feeling of being judged again (even though I was alone in my house).

The Flying Turtle said:
I always had the impression that I was doing the poses wrong and that would frustrate me.  With Adriene I feel like I can just do my best and messing up is ok.  
She is so encouraging in that way. I like that she gives alternatives many times, too, and always reassures that the feel is more important than the precise form.

Hey all.  Been a little quiet and not as good lately.  

The month of November was a little rough as the wife and I were having some fights about the end of the remodel work.  We are better now, but I haven't been as diligent about logging food and working out.  We purposely didn't care for the 4-day T'giving weekend, but I'm trying to be good now.  

On Monday I was at 202, so only up 3lb from my early November lowest weight.  Planning to at least shed those 3lbs before taking another break around Christmas.  

Keep up the good work to everyone that has done so.  

i should have made a couple of exception days, to the no drinky rule.  

putting up xmas lights with no beverages, was not quite as fun.  and!   i'm going to do my parents house this weekend.  they will have made sure, to get some of my favorite beverages   :kicksrock:  

might have to add a day. :oldunsure:

I don't have to read both this and the fred-centric thread about losing weight, do I?  This is my "home" thread for fitness/diet.

Btw, keeping up on my 4+ miles per day but skipped Adriene.  I am taking her "find what feels good" seriously and thought a day off would feel good.  I'll likely add today's skipped workout to another day, because I don't like to fail.

I don't have to read both this and the fred-centric thread about losing weight, do I?  This is my "home" thread for fitness/diet.

Btw, keeping up on my 4+ miles per day but skipped Adriene.  I am taking her "find what feels good" seriously and thought a day off would feel good.  I'll likely add today's skipped workout to another day, because I don't like to fail.
you're good here.

i'm supporting fred over there and looking to provide/find any incentive there as well.  REALLY wanted a glass of wine tonight, in our christmasy house.

Users who are viewing this thread