What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (12 Viewers)

I'll use this morning as my start:

really went at it yesterday and easily thought I could get over 230 :kicksrock:

I've got leftover ice cream and Chinese food from yesterday - it'll prob one more ugly day.

To start tomorrow, I might starve myself for a few days to get a nice start, TBD.

I'll use this morning as my start:

really went at it yesterday and easily thought I could get over 230 :kicksrock:

I've got leftover ice cream and Chinese food from yesterday - it'll prob one more ugly day.

To start tomorrow, I might starve myself for a few days to get a nice start, TBD.
225 here. I'll use you as my baseline competition. 

$5 wager?

:pigeons:

243.8. Ugh ?. 6' 1'. Goal 21 - 25 down in 3 months. 

Ive taken photos!  Yuck!

Breakfeast - smoothly:  kale, spinach, avocado, sweet potato, berries and three packs of stevia.  

2 eggs, scrambled. 

In at a disgusting 182lbs - do I need to send the scale pic to anyone?
No. Save it. We won't care for verifications from losers. Only winner evidence will matter and we can do that later IMO. 

Or hell post up the pic here to keep yourself honest. 

:bag: :bag:   - some of you may remember our 2015 weight loss thread - I went from 240 down to 179.  This will be my 3rd and hopefully last time losing this weight.  If I do get down I give everyone in the thread permission to kick me in the nuts as a reminder to never put it on again.
Holy crap. In a year you lost and then regained all of 60lbs???

First step for me is getting my mind wrapped around the fact that I need to drink more - and by more I mean a metric ton more - water.  I usually will go through about 7 cups of coffee in a day, 5 of them with crappy sweetened creamer stuff because that is what is in the office.  Need to break that habit first, do the one cup on the morning and fill up the rest of the day with water.

So with that, I am on cup number 2 of 12oz of water.  On top of the arthritis, bursitis and other itis's I have, it appears my bladder much prefers coffee and bourbon. 

So do I bladder.  So do I.

I need to get on a scale. I've barely eaten for 24hrs and feel like ###. Trying to eat this morning but can't get to mixing up something with potatoes as my wife is in bed with a stomach bug and I'm tending to a 2month old, a 2 year old, and a 5 year old. FML

my grab one of these 140 cal Kashi bars to at least put something in the gut. 

2 years. 2015 contest started in January as well.
Ah. Ok. Reasonable. I forgot we are in 2017. 

Lets to AAA. Get it off and keep it off. 

It is really infuriating losing progress like that. 6 months ago I got down from my current weight (near 240) to 215.  I was so close to my goals. Hate that I'm back to square one. 

It is really infuriating losing progress like that. 6 months ago I got down from my current weight (near 240) to 215.  I was so close to my goals. Hate that I'm back to square one. 
Definitely the most frustrating part of putting your mind to this is knowing that in your past you've done it before and then failed to maintain.  When my youngest was still baking in the oven and the wife was useless and sick all the time all I did in my free time was exercise.  Got myself into the mid 260's, was eating good had a ton of energy and never felt like crap after eating.  Fast forward several years and it's gone.  All gone.  And I'm making scales long for Vietnamese tunnels during a bombing raid.

2 years. 2015 contest started in January as well.
Right - I spent 2015 get healthy and 2016 getting fat.  I know what to do and how to get there.  Honestly, a non-charity bet would have been more motivating but I need to just change things - forget motivation, just don't die of a heart attack.  

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Omg I had no idea how bad it got.

Goal is 179.  But anywhere around 185 is good. That's where I was in my prime. Granted I don't have that muscle anymore either.

I'm hoping to lose 20 by March 15th.

Like others. Water is my problem. I rarely drink anything.

I may fast today

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the most frustrating part of putting your mind to this is knowing that in your past you've done it before and then failed to maintain.  When my youngest was still baking in the oven and the wife was useless and sick all the time all I did in my free time was exercise.  Got myself into the mid 260's, was eating good had a ton of energy and never felt like crap after eating.  Fast forward several years and it's gone.  All gone.  And I'm making scales long for Vietnamese tunnels during a bombing raid.
Yep, and as I said, I've done it twice.  Two years before my third kid was born I lost 60 lbs and did a half Ironman - that was 10 years ago.  2015 I lost 60 again and did another triathlon (shorter).  I can absolutely do it - I just haven't found a trick to maintain it.

You guys are lucky I don't have access to an indoor pool - this thing would be ovah! ;)  

So, my plan of attack in case anyone is interested - 3 W's and LC.  Water, walking and weights - low carb diet.  Lots of water and walking, just a smidge of weights and go from there.

I need to get on a scale. I've barely eaten for 24hrs and feel like ###. Trying to eat this morning but can't get to mixing up something with potatoes as my wife is in bed with a stomach bug and I'm tending to a 2month old, a 2 year old, and a 5 year old. FML

my grab one of these 140 cal Kashi bars to at least put something in the gut. 
:violin:

Guys I feel like a Welcher......

My wife is not the most comfortable with me betting with my I friends.  I remember taking her to Tipseys the first time and she asked where I knew him from.  That was fun lol.  I feel even worse now that it is for charity.  Regardless the charity I was going to pick was not a charity per se.  In our Clash of clans group we have one guy who just rejoined the military as a Chaplain and was deployed not to long ago.  My plan was to take my winnings, errr donations, and on the sly some how have him setup one of those Amazon wish list things.  He is friends with Beer30.  My fat uncle Jerry Buss can back me up.  Anyway just a thought for you non welchers to help out our troops.  End of rant, here for moral support and to lose weight.  I am whipped.

jesus woz you used to be a good looking kid.  At least you carry your weight everywhere so as you lose it should all go down proportionally.  Would the racist ex even recognize you anymore?
Probably not. 

One of my most embarrassing moments happened this past fall when I went back to the city where I interned in law school. Met up with several of the attorneys I used to work with for lunch. One of them legitimately didn't recognize me and realized who I was halfway through lunch. He then just blurts out, "you used to be in good shape. How do you let yourself go like that?"

:bag:

FYI weight watchers works also.  My wife was doing it because you know she is like 130 and needed to get down to 124 ?.  I dropped like 30 pounds.

Guys I feel like a Welcher......

My wife is not the most comfortable with me betting with my I friends.  I remember taking her to Tipseys the first time and she asked where I knew him from.  That was fun lol.  I feel even worse now that it is for charity.  Regardless the charity I was going to pick was not a charity per se.  In our Clash of clans group we have one guy who just rejoined the military as a Chaplain and was deployed not to long ago.  My plan was to take my winnings, errr donations, and on the sly some how have him setup one of those Amazon wish list things.  He is friends with Beer30.  My fat uncle Jerry Buss can back me up.  Anyway just a thought for you non welchers to help out our troops.  End of rant, here for moral support and to lose weight.  I am whipped.
I'd like to suggest an alternative weight loss method.

I know.  I mean you didn't do it with a single source diet or anything, just fresh vegetables and smart protein choices, and boom now back to where you are.  Strange how that happens.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread